We're different

By strazzberry

Max and Lucas are best friends. They have a crush on each other but neither of them knows. They don't want to... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6

Chapter 5

26 2 0
By strazzberry

--Max--

I was planning on going to school if I felt better in the morning, which I did. I got out of bed, took a shower and soon enough the car stopped in front of my house and I got in.

Lucas was being a little weird. I don't know how to explain it though. He wasn't distancing himself from me but he wasn't like usual. He seemed afraid, almost.

We reached school in about ten minutes and went to our own little groups. I didn't talk to Lucas and surprisingly didn't think of him much until science.

We didn't seem to be doing anything so I just got on my phone and out of nowhere Hayley and Sana appeared in front of my desk.

"Yeah?"

"We're going to tell you." Hayley said.

"Tell me what?" I asked.

"Who the other guy is." She paused slightly.

"It's you." Sana said.

I was the guy they shipped Lucas with.
I was the guy Hayley liked.

I stayed silent for a while. The girls weren't expecting any words out of me. 

"How did you know?" I asked.

"You love him don't you?" Hayley asked. I could only imagine how hard it must be for her but she was smiling nonetheless.

"I-I don't know. I mean yeah I like him a lot but I'm not sure if I love him." I said. They nodded in understanding.

"Lucas likes you. He almost cried yesterday because he was afraid that you wouldn't like him back. That's why he asked us to tell you. He thought you would think he was weird or something." Sana said.

"How do I know you're not lying or trying to humiliate me in front of him." I asked. I always took the negative side of things just so I wouldn't be disappointed.

"If you see the way he looks at you, you would know we aren't lying."

I blushed and looked down.

"I don't wanna tell him. I get really nervous. I don't want to ruin our friendship either. It's fine if I can't have him the way I want but I wouldn't be able to take it if we were to not be friends anymore." I sighed.

"We understand. Lucas feels the same way, Max don't let that get to you." Hayley said.

"Thank you guys. I think I'll talk to him soon. Maybe Spanish because you and Emma are there?" I said.

"Okay." Sana said.

"Great now I'm nervous as hell."

"Don't be." Hayley smiled.

-

--Lucas--

They were telling him. Possibly right at this moment. It was killing me.

What if he really didn't like me?

The bell rang and I rushed out and made my way to the locker rooms. Max came in about a minute later. He seemed happy. At least that was a good sign.

"Hey." He ruffled my hair.

"You seem happy?" I said.

"I am. Soon everything will be right in the world." He said.

He never mentioned anything about strazberry or anything so either they didn't tell him or he was purposely avoiding to topic.

At lunch I decided to text Sana and ask her if they told him since I didn't have Hayley's number.

Me: did you tell Max.

Sana: yeah. He said he would talk to you about it in Spanish since Emma and I are gonna be there. 😊be happy.

Me: why!?? Did he say he likes me??

I put my phone down and waited for her to reply. I could see her on the next table texting me. She looked up and I waved at her and Emma.

Sana: I'll let him tell you that 😉

Me: does that winky face mean he likes me

I looked up and she shrugged. She texted me Hayley's number so that I could have it if I needed to ask her anything. I decided that I would text her when she had lunch so she had a chance to actually reply.

Me: hey Hayley! It's Lucas.
Delivered

She replied after 20 minutes which was when she was at lunch.

Hayley: hey Lucian!

Me: shut up don't call me that! What did Max say.

She took a while to reply.

Hayley: I'm not supposed to tell you😕sorry. Sana's orders.😂

Me: bye 😑

Hayley: lol sorry bye.

I patiently waited for the day to pass so I could get to Spanish class.

-

I quickly went into the classroom. I was getting impatient and really nervous.

"Emma. Sana." They turned around.

"Hey. Are you okay?" Emma asked.

"I-I think so. I'm really nervous."

"You don't need to be."

Max came in soon and sat down between me and Emma. I looked down at my lap.

He might not even ask me. Sana and Hayley probably weren't telling me so that I wouldn't stress about Max not liking me. Yeah, that must be it.

"Lucas. I need to tell you something." Max whispered. He looked serious.

"Yeah." My heart was beating fast and I was feeling sweaty and nervous. This was the moment he would ask me if ever.

He leaned closer to my ear and whispered, "It's Friday" And started laughing.

I awkwardly laughed with him and looked away. I couldn't look at him. He probably knew I loved him and he felt nothing towards me. I knew he wouldn't ask me. Ever.

The rest of the class every time we would talk it would be awkward. Every time it seemed like max was about to ask me, I would get excited only for him needing a pencil or asking what we were supposed to be doing.

When the bell rang, I rushed out not wanting to stay near Max any longer than I needed to.

Today is crap.

-

--Max--

I nervously walked into Spanish. I could barely breathe. I sat down between Emma and Lucas and got out my stuff. I didn't ask him immediately obviously because that would seem weird.

Ten minutes into class I build up the courage to ask him.

"Lucas. I need to tell you something." I tried looking serious.

"Yeah." He said casually.

I leaned in closer to him and was about to ask him when the last thing I possibly wanted to say popped out of my mouth. "It's Friday." I laughed to cover it up and I think it worked. I kept trying to ask him but it just wouldn't happen. I asked him for a pencil and for what we were supposed to be doing but I just couldn't ask him.

When the bell rang, Lucas rushed out of the classroom, probably trying to get away from me.

For the rest of the day I tried avoiding Emma and Hayley who were in my social studies because they would ask how it went and they'd be pissed that I didn't ask him.

I was so done with life.

-

I went straight to bed when I got home. I was exhausted. Today was something.

"Max! There's two girls here! They wanna talk to you." My mom yelled.

I spoke too soon.

I went downstairs and was surprised by Hayley and Sana at the door.

"Uh. What are you guys doing here." I yawned.

"We need to talk to you about a certain someone."

Oh shit.

"Well you see, I can explain!" I said, backing up further into my house. They stepped in and shut the door.

"Wait. How'd you know where I live?"

"Not important." Hayley said. "Now take us to your room. We need to talk."

"Why the hell did you not ask him out."

"I-I was nervous. I tried but then I ended up saying it's Friday and-- I don't know." I sighed. "I just couldn't."

"...but I love him."

"Good." Sana pulled her phone out and showed me that it was recording. "Since you can't tell him yourself we will have to do it for you." She shrugged.

"Really?" I said. That was unfair.

"Only if you don't ask him. You have another chance."

"I'll try not to blow it this time."

-

--Lucas--

I came home and was eating a snack when the doorbell rang. I walked to the door and was surprised to find both of the Emma's and destiny at the door.

"What-"

"Shhhh." Emma said and walked in. The rest of them followed.

"Okay don't freak out but you're going to spend the night with Max." Destiny said.

"What!? No no no! He doesn't like me. It's obvious." I said. I wasn't going to talk to him let alone spend the night together.

"Oh my god! How hard is it to see that he likes you! I'm pretty sure if it was you, you would be really nervous as well." Emma g said. Wow I guess I needed that.

"Okay." I sighed. I grabbed my toothbrush, charger and phone and we walked to Max's house. He opened the door and Sana and Hayley were already there. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed some cereal from the pantry and sat down next to Max who switched on the tv. He rested his head on my shoulder and for a moment I forgot that the girls were still here until destiny cleared her throat trying to get out attention. At the corner of my eye I saw Sana slap her arm.

"You're so abusive!" She said, slapping her back.

"Ow."

"Oh my god shut up!" Emma said.

I laughed. It was kind of entertaining.

"Yeah we're going to leave now." Hayley said. She said something to Max and they left.

"I'm going to get some blankets." Max said. I nodded and he disappeared somewhere upstairs.

Max came back with a huge fluffy blanket and threw it over us. He ended up laying down on my lap and we watched a movie till we fell asleep.

-

I woke up with something heavy on me. I opened my eyes and saw Max terribly close to my face.

Crap. Crap. Crap.

I tried moving him off but he just held on tighter.

At this point I was freaking out so I tried waking him up.

He stirred in his sleep and slowly opened his eyes. He looked at me and smiled while staying in my arms. I moved a piece of his hair out of his face, he leaned into my touch.

--Max--

I wanted to kiss him. I didn't want to wait any longer. He already knew I liked him and he liked me.

What's the worse that could happen?

I looked at his lips and started leaning in slowly. Lucas closed his eyes and I could feel his warm breath hitting my lips. This was finally happening.

Or so I thought...

-----------

Length: 1.8 k

Questions or thoughts on Max liking Lucas back? Him not talking about it and not being able to ask him out? The girls showing up at their houses and making them have a sleepover? The almost kiss?

Sorry for the cliffhanger. It's to motivate you to vote! Hope you liked it!

Goal for the next chapter:
⇒︎3 votes
That's pretty less guys😋

☀︎LOVE
YOU☀︎
vote●○comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54K 1.6K 23
Riley always had everything he could ever ask for thanks to his rich dad. Well... almost everything. The hardest thing for a rich kid to get is real...
54.5K 1.7K 72
Sebastian has been through a lot after realizing that he was gay. His parents took it in stride but his school and town were less than friendly about...
23.5K 796 22
Max was like most other people, very nervous to go to high school, but he's best friend, Zoey, was very exited. Max had a secret that only Zoey knew...
113K 2.2K 27
Story about two guys who find out about each other's feelings. One of the guys is a bully and other is just a bullied boy. After one beating in schoo...