Roommates with a Player

由 kaboodles

Some people just have all the luck. Emma Hark is not one of them. After the tragic death of her parents, she'... 更多

Prologue
Chapter One: First Impressions
Chapter Two: It's Pink!
Chapter Three: Breakfast at Ricky's
Chapter Four: Hide-and-Seek a Hot Gardener
Chapter Five: Rise and Shine!
Chapter Seven: Memories
Chapter Eight: Secrets, Secrets, Are So Fun
Chapter Nine: The Truth
Chapter Ten: Family Matters
Chapter Eleven: Midnight Snack
Chapter Twelve: There's a Monster in My Bed [HALLOWEEN SPECIAL]
Chapter Thirteen: The Hangover
Chapter Fourteen: Peeping Tom
Chapter Fifteen: Reunited and It Feels So Wrong (Part 1)
Chapter Fifteen: Reunited and It Feels So Wrong (Part 2)
Chapter Sixteen: Think Before You Speak
Chapter Seventeen: Sharp Reminders
Chapter Eighteen: Check-Up
Chapter Nineteen: Better Change Your Facebook Relationship Status
Chapter Twenty: A Warning?
Chapter Twenty One: Inside the Mind of James Wiley
Chapter Twenty Two: Don't Take the Player Out of the Game
Chapter Twenty Three: Keeping Promises [THANKSGIVING SPECIAL]
Chapter Twenty Four: All Shapes and Sizes
JUST AN UPDATE!
Chapter Twenty Five: Taking Off the Mask (Part 1)
Chapter Twenty Five: Taking Off the Mask (Part 2)
Chapter Twenty Six: Her Own Personal Dream Catcher
Chapter Twenty Seven: A Picture Says a Thousand Words
Chapter Twenty Eight: May the Best Prankster Win
Chapter Twenty Nine: Accepting the Acceptance
Chapter Thirty: Team Jacob
Chapter Thirty One: Second Chances
Chapter Thirty Two: Gifts
Chapter Thirty Three: A Visit
Chapter Thirty Four: Under the Mistletoe [CHRISTMAS SPECIAL]
Chapter Thirty Five: You Better Not Cry, You Better Not Pout [CHRISTMAS SPECIAL]
Chapter Thirty Six: The Choice
Chapter Thirty Seven: Mission Impossible
Chapter Thirty Eight: Recruiters
Chapter Thirty Nine: Get Off the Bench, You're In the Game
Let's Take a Breather
Chapter Forty: He's Got Competition
Chapter Forty One: The Phone Call
Chapter Forty Two: She's Ba-ack!
Chapter Forty Three: All or Nothing
Chapter Forty Four: Kisses in Hospitals
Chapter Forty Five: She's Letting Go
Epilogue
BONUS CHAPTER: Nine Months
A Note from kaboodles
NEWS!
IT'S OUT!
Thank You
An Update & Some Good News

Chapter Six: Kisses in Closets

199K 4.5K 914
由 kaboodles

The car ride to school had to be the most horrible thing I’d ever had to go through. It was like every stop sign we hit, another tooth was pulled from my mouth. The pain was unimaginable. I didn’t want to be anywhere near Ricky at the moment.

            We came to a stop about two blocks from school. I didn’t look at Ricky, I stayed hunched over in my seat, staring out into the rainy world.

            “I think you need to get out.” Ricky said.

            “What? Why?” I broke my silence.

            “Because,” He paused, looking everywhere but at me. “I can’t be seen with you. Nobody knows about you and I’d like to keep it that way.”

            Was he really doing this? Was he really about to make me walk in the rain to school?

            “Fine,” I muttered, opening the car door. “I don’t want to hurt your image.”

            I stepped out into the rain and made sure I slammed the door as hard as I could. I looked back and Ricky had a strange look of shame written across his face. My thoughts were distracted by the crack of thunder that boomed from the distance. Ricky hit the accelerator and sped off towards school, leaving me behind. Well, now nobody would know that I cried the whole way to school.

            By the time I walked through the doors of the school, I was dripping from head to toe. My whole body shook and I’m pretty sure all my school papers were nothing but a soggy heap of muck. A cluster of girls looked over to stare at me and I blushed, walking away toward my classes. The squeak of my wet shoes echoed through the halls. I made it to my first class just in the nick of time and thus began my first day back to school.

            A lot of people asked where I’d been and I emotionlessly told them the shortened story of what had happened over the past week, conveniently forgetting the part about moving in with the Stephens. I didn’t really want it leaking out to the public. But it wouldn’t stay like that. Once my friends knew, everyone would know.

            The first half of school flew by and soon I was walking to lunch. Luckily, my clothes had dried. I shuffled over to my usual lunch table and saw my two friend’s, Hailey and Maggie, bags already there. I knew they were both dying to see me and “get all the gossip” on what I’d been up to.

            “Hey, Emma!” I heard someone call my name and I looked up. Nathan was walking towards me, a tray full of food in his arms. I smiled for the first time in hours.

            “Hey, Nate.” Yes, nicknames were always good and friendly.

            He laughed and stepped up to me. “So I guess you really do go to my school.”

            “Just because you’ve never seen me around school doesn’t mean I don’t go here.” I giggled.

            We talked a bit more and I told him about what had happened this morning. I knew it was a bit wrong to tell, but I needed someone to confide in. Nathan was the only person who knew I was living with the Stephens… at least, at the moment.

            “Emma, I’m sorry to hear that. Ricky’s always been a total dick,” I smiled at this, as it reminded me of my blog post earlier. “Don’t let him reel you in, because you’ll only get hurt.”

            Nathan was right. I couldn’t let him get to me so easily. I needed to build a strong wall between the two of us and never let him get past it again.

            “Thanks, Nathan. I will definitely take your advice.”

            “I gotta go, I think my pizza is getting cold,” He laughed. “But we should definitely hang out later. Give me your number and I’ll text you when I’m free.”

            For the first time in my life, a boy was asking me for my number of his own free will; I more than happily recited the 10-digit number to him. Nathan quickly memorized it and walked off to eat.

            “Who are you and why do you look like Emma Hark?!” A loud shout filled the cafeteria and Hailey stood, pointing directly at me, a determined look on her face. Maggie stood behind her, smiling. A couple people turned around to look, but weren’t interested. Hailey Wallace was notoriously loud.

            “What are you-,“

            “Were you just talking to a boy?” Maggie said, her voice tiny. I nodded vigorously.

            Hailey and Maggie swooped down for a tight group hug and I nearly suffocated. We exchanged some ‘hi’s and ‘hello’s and sat down.

            “Alright, spill it Hark. Where have you been staying for the last week?” Hailey demanded.

            Good ole’ Hailey. She was always the more-assertive friend of mine. She didn’t take bullshit from anybody and wasn’t afraid to stand up for herself. That’s what I admired so much about her. She’d always had my back when I couldn’t protect myself. Hailey had massive curly blonde hair that always had a bright, big bow sitting atop it. She wore heavy makeup, which highlighted the brightness of her electric green eyes. She was short and skinny, which I envied. Hailey was a perky girl who always wore her skirt a little too high and showed off her colorful bras to all the boys willing to take a look.

            “I was worried about you, Em.” Maggie murmured from the other side of the table.

            Maggie Grindle was the exact opposite of Hailey. Don’t ask me how, but they had become inseparable from kindergarten. Wherever Hailey went, Maggie followed, and vice versa. It was the oddest thing!

            Maggie had short, black hair that bobbed close to her neck. Her eyes were a hazel-gray kind of color that always bulged. Her facial features were small and she always looked like she was sad. Maggie was a bit porky, but I loved her anyways. She was the shyest thing; shyer than me!

            “Guys, I was fine. But I do have some big news.” I said, ready to tell them about everything.

            “Wait! First off, who was that cute guy you were just talking to?” Hailey said, eyeing him from across the room.

            “Oh, that’s Nathan. He’s a sweetie.” I said.

            Finally, after I’d answered more pestering questions from the both of them, I got to my story. I told them about how I’d moved in with the Stephens and what I’d seen Ricky do in the past 24 hours. I told them about the rest of the family and how I’d met Nathan. I sucked in a deep breath, signaling that I was done. Maggie and Hailey both stared at me, wide-eyed, mouths agape.

            “No, you’re making this all up,” Hailey said. “There’s no way your parents knew them.”

            I nodded.

            Maggie and Hailey both screamed at the same time, making me cover my ears. They hugged each other once more and then pulled me in.

            “I don’t see what the big deal is,” I regained my balance and started munching on an apple. “Ricky’s a total tool.”

            “Yeah, but he’s hot.” Hailey sighed.

            “We have to come over sometime.” Maggie giggled. Hailey agreed enthusiastically.

            “Maybe after I get more comfortable with all of them...” I said. They both squealed with excitement.

            The bell rang, notifying everyone it was time to get to class. Hailey and Maggie scampered off towards their class and I started my long haul towards Health class all the way across campus.

            The school hallways were deserted in seconds and I was left to myself. I felt a lot lighter after telling my friends about everything. And Nathan was going to call me, which kept a smile painted across my face. I was feeling quite giddy.

            Suddenly, I was ambushed.

            Arms latched onto me and tugged me back. I let out a scream, which was quickly cut off by a hand. I stumbled back, falling into darkness. I hit the ground hard. The arms left me and I opened my eyes wide, trying to see. It was pitch black. I assumed I was in one of the utility closets. To prove my theory, flickering red lights from the electrical boxes danced above me.

            “Hello?” I called out. “What the hell just happened?”

            Blinded by the darkness, I didn’t expect to feel soft lips brush up against my own. I jumped back, knocking my head against the wall.

            “Ouch,” I moaned.

            A light chuckle jingled from in front of me. I couldn’t recognize the voice, only that it was a boy’s.

            “Who are you?” I asked.

            My answer was a kiss; a kiss that tenderly pressed against my lips and made my head spin. I didn’t back away, as I was so caught up in the moment. These unknown lips were soft and plump. I felt a wet, warm tongue glide against my bottom lip before teeth bit down delicately. I couldn’t stop myself from kissing back. My cheeks flushed deeply and my heart revved with adrenaline. I moved my hand up to rest on the mystery-boy’s cheek. My mind was becoming fuzzy with all the feelings that were suddenly blooming inside me. I was getting my first kiss…inside a utility closet.

            As quick as it had come, it ended. My lips were left cold. Abruptly, a sheet was pulled over me and the noise of the door opening made me thrash around. I had to see the boy! Just as I pulled the sheet over my head, the door closed shut behind him. I was left in the dark once more. Dammit.

            I got to my feet, dizzy. Had what I thought just happened… happened? I paused to contemplate the last 60 seconds of my life. I stood in that closet until the bell sounded and I realized I had missed all of Health. I cursed and fled from the closet and onto my next class. I would have to analyze the kiss later; I needed to get to class!

继续阅读

You'll Also Like

1M 16.8K 62
-"Fuck I can't wait to taste you." He says under his heavy breath. Excitement courses through my body as Tyler wraps my legs around his waist so he...
1K 43 36
Becca Adams has a plan:- 1) Survive Senior Year with as little drama as possible - so far that was working 2) Ensure that her mot...
370 3 13
Anthony is your basic, stereotypical, popular guy. He's the star football player that every girl falls for and is dating the most popular girl in sch...
20.9M 612K 66
| COMPLETED | Highest Ranks: #1 in Teen Fiction (06/11/17) & #1 General Fiction (07/22/17) | When Amaya receives an acceptance letter to her dream c...