The Billionaire's Wish

By Makris_Stories

A billionaire met a runaway bride. Their first meeting was literally filled with fire and explosion! ... More

1-Prologue
2-The Beginning of the End
3-The Engagement
4-The Start of Something
5-Their Story
6-Her Promise
7-His Promise
8-The Truth
9-The Plane Ride
10-The Island
11-Their Views
12-Superman
13-Secret Passion
14-Their Wish
15-Obsession
16-Her Story
17-Past and Present
18-Betrayal
19-The Heartache
20-Broken
21-Loss
22-Surprise
23-Happiness
24-The Wish
25-Found
26-Borderline
27-The Chase
28-Survival
29-Bonus Chapter
Teaser : The Mafia Lies
The Game He Plays
Beyond Reasonable Doubt

31-Epilogue

76.1K 2.2K 159
By Makris_Stories

Cassandra's POV

More than two years passed from that fateful day when Lance and I's path intertwined. Tomorrow will be our wedding anniversary. I have never felt happier!

Our business is doing good. I was able to help my family restore our wealth with the guidance of my grandparents-in-law who were experts in the financing industry.

For my music, my first album which was released just six months ago was a hit and is now triple platinum, of course with the full support of my husband and family.

Life could never get any better until a month ago when I received a heartwarming surprise.

April 29

I was about to head out to our Production company for a rehearsal. I have my son with me and we will meet his dad at his office. Yes, a son. Apparently my husband has a pocketful of wishing coins that almost all his wishes come true. Our first born, Liam Zander Montgomery was sleeping peacefully on my arms. He's a bit heavy and tall for a 1 year old but I could never get over the feeling of having my baby in my arms.

"Maam, you have a call at line one. Its your husband." My assistant smiled as she told me once I arrived at my office.

"I just got here. That man is impossible!"

I placed my sleeping child on his crib beside my working table before lifting the receiver of the phone.

"Mr. Montgomery."

"Hi Mrs Montgomery! Nice to hear from my lovely wife."

"I only just entered my office and your call is already waiting? Were you tracking me again and watching the cctvs?"

"Ahhm."

"Lance, don't deny it. I know!"

"Well, you can't blame me babe, I almost lost you remember?"

"Aarrrgh! Always this discussion. I have tons of things to do. Just come here whatever it is you have to say."

"No! I mean, you need to come here at the top floor. I mean, at the roof deck."

"Why? I don't have anything to do there. And besides, what are you doing there at the roof top? Hellow? He. . . O geez! Did you just hang up on me?!!!"

My husband knew just which buttons to push to annoy me. He also knew which ones to flick to melt my traitorous body.

"I will get you for this Mr. Montgomery. . . Liz, please can you look after Liam for a while, I just need to go to my husband and remind him something."

"Sure Ma'am. Enjoy! I mean go on."

I just ignored her comment and rode the elevator to the top floor.

I got out of the elevator and saw some scattered petals on the floor. Yellow, blue, white but mostly red flowers were positioned to create a pathway leading me to the open roof deck. All the while I was mentally scolding myself for I was thinking perhaps I forgot his birthday, our anniversary or even my birthday. But I cannot remember anything significant about this date. I even checked my watch if I have the correct date and day.

I was so preoccupied with my thoughts that I did not notice the door to the top floor opened and momentarily blinded me with brightness.

I shielded my eyes from the sunlight and when I opened them, I saw the most beautiful man made garden filled with flowers, a small trellis with hanging orchid flower pots. In the flower pots were wallet sized photos of me, Lance and I, me and my son, but mostly pictures of me laughing, smiling and doing random stuff like cooking (yes I did learn to cook edible food without food poisoning anyone), jogging, even sleeping. I wonder where Lance got all those pictures but I was beyond overwhelmed. He captured almost every expression I have, every emotion immortalized in paper and ink.

I was looking at all the pictures hanging from the pots while still walking. I bumped into something hard and muscular which even if I am asleep will recognize without a doubt. He caught me before I stumble backwards. I glanced at his deep blue eyes, his eyes that held so much meaning and promise of love.

"Lance, what is this? Its not our anniversary."

"I know, but my wife deserve nothing but the best."

"You are the best there is and I already have you. What more can I ask for?"

"You don't have to ask for anything for I will give you everything." Then he carried me to a wooden hammock rocking chair, lets me sit down and knelt in front of me.

"Hon..."

"Shhh. Cassandra, I know this is not the first time I will do this but I want to do this properly. I want everything to be proper and perfect when it comes to you. . . I want to spend my life with someone who I love more than I love myself. Someone who is not afraid to tell me my faults and to point out my weaknesses. Someone who will stand by me and support me. Someone who not only gives me so much contentment and happiness but can also cause me destructive pain and heartache whenever we have a misunderstanding. Someone who is my bestfriend who knows me more than I know myself. Cassie, you are my someone. From the first time I saw you I felt something unexplainable. You are heaven's gift to me and I will forever cherish you in my life. I love you. Baby, Will you be my wife? Will you marry me again? ahhm.... Properly this time with all the people we love and care about?"

Lance and I was overwhelmed with tears of joy. He knew my answer even before he asked. I know he just want to remind me how much our love meant to each other.

"Even without asking, you know my answer will be Yes. Over and over I will answer the same thing. You are the best gift God gave me. You completed me, my soul mate and best friend all in one. I love you my husband."

Our passionate kissing was disrupted by an all too familiar voice.

"Geez, you're getting cheesier as you grow older. . . Congratulations to my two favorite person in the world!" He engulfed Lance and I into a tight hug.

"Marco! When did you arrive?" I turned and hugged Marco and I saw my husband's eyes turned into slits as he saw our exchange. I can't help but smile at Lance's possessiveness which I really liked as I feel special whenever he acts that way, but of course, I don't let him know that.

"Well, I was informed by a certain someone that I have to help polish a wedding as I will be the most handsome best man in all of California."

"You really have a way with words man! Welcome back! Thanks for coming back on such a short notice."

"Considering all the threats you issued if I don't return, dude, you've gone so rough! Hahaha."

"Okay you too, enough with that, let's go down and celebrate this engagement." It was Lance's grandfather.

"Grandpa, I didn't notice you guys were here. Woah! All of you were here all this time?" My face turned red as I saw our family and friends at a far corner of the man made garden.

"Well best friend, if you weren't so busy exchanging saliva with your husband then you would have noticed us. . .Congratulations on your engagement! This is your engagement party!" Sammy hugged me.

"Huh?" I was momentarily confused.

"Your engagement party darling. This is to formally announce your engagement to your husband. Well. . . sounds weird but who cares as long as we have something to celebrate! Oh Cassie, congratulations!" My mom was beaming with happiness beside my dad who was holding my still sleeping son.

"Thank you Mama. Thank you everyone. Thank you Lance."

And I turned to look at my husband's face which I will never get tired of admiring.

"Thank you for bringing back my life Cassie. I love you."

May 29 - present day

The preparations for the wedding of the year as they dubbed my wedding was not an easy task. Even if I had two of the best wedding coordinators of the city to assist me with everything, I still wanted to be hands on everything. From the tiniest details we were able to add a touch of ourselves, the cake, the wine, food, tables and chairs, even the table napkins were our favorite colors.

Only a month of preparation and today is the big day, today we will know if everything turned out perfectly as planned. I may be a wreck due to nervousness, but I am confident that I will be having the best wedding because I will be marrying my best friend.

It was our decision to make the wedding day the same date as our first wedding. This is for practical reason and this has the best date (pun intended) of our lives.

"Cassie, they are waiting for you."

Looking one more time at the mirror, I still can't believe that I am staring at the same girl with poor confidence and self esteem. The girl who did nothing but study. The same girl who neglected herself and her dreams to pursue music for the sake of continuing her family's legacy. The girl who was broken and hurt and felt unloved. Everything that was me before was entirely different now. As I stared at my classic full lace bodied ball wedding gown with low sexy back, my perfectly made up face and magnificent hair do, I realized that I am still the same person, but better, braver, happier and most especially loved.

"I am ready."

The door of the cathedral opened, butterflies were suddenly released by the guests and floating bubbles and smoke were near the door to give that enchanting effect. In spite of all this, I was nervously looking straight ahead. I saw my parent's waiting for me at the middle of the aisle where I will join them so they can walk with me and hand me over to my husband. My mom was crying and my dad was smiling so lovingly at me.

Sammy was fixing my gown's long trail and when I received the signal to walk down the aisle, I saw the most gorgeous man alive. He was waiting for me with tears in his eyes. Tears of undeniable happiness and overwhelming love that I know was mirrored in my eyes.

Here he is, my knight in shining armour, my hero, my wish come true, my answered prayer, most of all, my better half, the greatest love of my life.

-End of Epilogue-

Hope you liked this guys! I just loved Cassie and Lance so much that I can't help but make an epilogue of their wedding and engagement. Thanks for reading! Don't forget to post your comments and to click that cute star button.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2M 186K 45
𝘐 𝘒𝘭𝘸𝘒𝘺𝘴 𝘸𝘰𝘯π˜₯𝘦𝘳𝘦π˜₯ 𝘸𝘩𝘒𝘡 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘭π˜₯ 𝘸𝘒𝘴 𝘭π˜ͺ𝘬𝘦 𝘰𝘢𝘡𝘴π˜ͺπ˜₯𝘦 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘢𝘳 𝘸𝘒𝘭𝘭𝘴 𝘡𝘩𝘒𝘡 𝘐 𝘸𝘒𝘴 𝘡𝘳𝘒𝘱𝘱𝘦...
8.9M 235K 53
(#1 ChickLit) WARNING: Being left at the altar in front of 500 wedding guests may lead to irrational behavior, causing you to go on your honeymoon al...
1.3K 77 36
Her High school bully! how can you fall for someone who bullied you once? They loved eachother but he walked away. Destiny played its role they me...
8.9M 329K 51
Highest rank #1 in ChickLit ● ● ● ● ● ● All it took was a few minutes for her life to change forever. Six years ago she was saved from an imm...