The Showstopper

BabeLoRegui tarafından

Lauren Jauregui always had a life long dream of making it to Broadway and to do that, audition to attend NYU... Daha Fazla

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
New Story
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 (Part 1)
Chapter 23 (Part 2)
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 (Part 1)
Chapter 28 (Part 2)
Chapter 29 (Part 1)
Chapter 29 (Part 2)
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 (Final)

Chapter 24

3.3K 95 12
BabeLoRegui tarafından

Camila didn't get it. She just didn't get why everything that happened last night, happened. It was confusing. She went from the happiest girl in the world to the saddest in an instant. For once, she loved how things were going in her life and enjoyed it. Happiness and love were the only things she wanted and she had it until now. Up until yesterday she was taken of her right to love and pursuit of happiness.

She didn't know her parents anymore. They were not the same people she grew up loving. They were monsters. Well, her mother mostly. Alejandro kept quiet and watched from the sidelines. Who knows what was going through his head. But Camila still didn't understand why they had to do that. She felt tortured, abused, unloved and unwanted. What was going to happen to their relationship now and in the future was beyond her. But nothing was ever going to be the same again.

And what about Lauren? Her girlfriend, her lover, her ultimate source of joy. Will she ever be able to see her again? Camila could only hope that the universe didn't totally hate her and would still let her see the love of her life at least one more time. The brunette's heart ached whenever she imagined Lauren, thinking about their future together. She wanted one with her. She wanted to go to NYU with her girlfriend, live together in the city, maybe work together at a restaurant, eventually get engaged and marry, have kids, and become Broadway legends. They were soulmates.

If only her parents didn't see that though. If only the girls didn't kiss out in the street. If only they would have just driven away in the car. If only things went differently, they could have saved themselves. But life has hit love and this was their fate.

This was what went through Camila's mind all night. She lied down on her floor not even bothering to lie in her bed and thought. She thought about all the things she wished she would've said, all the things she wished she would've done differently, everything. Camila didn't sleep at all. She was tired beyond belief but she was just too sad and distraught to fall asleep. She needed to stay up all night thinking about these things.

It was 9 am when the brown-eyed Cuban got an idea. Camila mentally slapped herself for not thinking of it sooner. She crawled into her bathroom and grabbing a bobby pin, crawled back over and unlocked her bedroom door. Huh, it was that easy. But even if she did that earlier, Sinu and Alejandro would've dragged her ass back into her room like a princess banished to a tower.

Slowly, Camila pushed her door open and peeked out. She saw that her parents door was shut and let out a sigh of relief. She crept downstairs, grabbed the home phone, went outside, and dialed Lauren's cell phone number. Luckily she was a good girlfriend and knew it by heart.

______________________

Lauren and Keana were asleep in Keana's bed until about 8:40 am. It was fine though because the brunette's parents and grandparents were out for the night and so the girls had the house to themselves. And thank God because Lauren had a pretty intense episode.

Keana was an early riser and liked to start her day with a cup of coffee. So, she threw on her robe, got herself ready in the bathroom, and made her favorite cup. While she was brewing it though, she heard a vibrating from the kitchen counter. It was Lauren's phone which read that "Camila's home" was calling. Keana didn't know a Camila but then again didn't really know much of any Lauren's friends assuming Camila was one of them. The brunette didn't want to wake up Lauren because she was out cold from the excessive amount of alcohol she consumed, but she could leave her a message.

Keana: "Hello?"

Camila: "Hi, who's this?"

Keana: "I'm uh...Lauren's friend."

Camila: "Lauren's friend? Well, I'm Lauren's girlfriend and you don't sound like any of Lauren's friends that I know."

Camila was getting a little feisty. She didn't know who this "friend" was. It wasn't Normani, Dinah, Ally, Justin, Shawn or anyone else they talked to or shared classes with. She wasn't very happy about this at all.

Keana: Wait, wait, wait, girlfriend?"

Now, Keana wasn't happy. Lauren just cheated on her girlfriend with her. Un-fucking-believable.

Camila: "Yes, girlfriend. Now, where is Lauren?"

Keana: "She's...busy. But I'll have her call you back."

Camila: "Wait, what? N—"

Keana hung up and grabbed her coffee that was now fresh and hot. But she wasn't going to drink it; she had a different idea. Keana walked into her bedroom and threw the scorching liquid onto her cheating ex-girlfriend.

"Ow! What the fuck!?" That clearly got the green-eyed girl up. "You fucking burned me. Was that coffee?"

"How fucking dare you," Keana glared.

"What?" Lauren sat up and used the sheets to dry herself.

"Your girlfriend just called. I didn't tell her what happened though. I thought you should tell her yourself how you just fucking cheated on her."

"Camila?" Lauren raised her eyebrow.

"So, it's true," Keana smirked and shook her head.

"No, wait. What happened?"

"You cheated, Lauren. We had sex last night after you got wasted and climbed on top of me. You took off my clothes and took off yours and yeah..." Keana explained.

"Whoa I got drunk? We had sex?" Lauren's eyes grew wide.

"Yes, you idiot! That's kind of why you're naked right now," Keana pointed.

"Oh shit," Lauren breathed, covering her face with her hands. "Fuck fuck fuck fuck."

"I can't believe you. Why would you do this to Camila? What was going through your mind?" the brunette wondered.

"Nothing. At least nothing while I was..." Lauren indicated.

"Clearly. Man, if I would've known you were dating someone then maybe I actually for once wouldn't have gone through with it."

"What do you mean?" Lauren's ears perked up.

"N-nothing," Keana stuttered and averted her eyes.

"No. Not nothing. Tell me the truth."

"It doesn't matter anymore. You have a girlfriend, well had probably now, and I'm just your fuck buddy."

"Keana."

"No, Lauren. That's all we'll ever be."

"You're holding back something that you've been dying to tell me. Now is the time to say it," Lauren pleaded.

"Okay," Keana mumbled and took a deep breath. "I may still have feelings for you."

Oh hell no. This was not happening to Lauren right now. If she could run away right now, she would in a heartbeat. "Oh," was all she got out.

"Yeah," Keana fake smiled and left the room.

"Wait, no." Lauren immediately regretted her reaction and scrambled out of bed, throwing her clothes back on. "Keana, please, I'm sorry."

"No, you're not," Keana murmured going back to making herself another cup.

"Yes, I am. You threw me off guard. How was I supposed to know you still had feelings for me after two years of breaking up?"

"You would have never expected it and you would have never reciprocated. I understand though. All we do is hook up whenever I come back into town. Nothing in our friendship will be more than that."

"That's not true. You mean a lot more to me than just that," Lauren argued.

"I feel like no one means more to you than that. Lauren, you're a drunk who goes around sleeping with everyone."

"No, I've...I've changed," Lauren tried to defend herself but couldn't really seeing as how she just did that last night.

"Oh, you've changed? What was that last night then? I'm pretty sure you got drunk and slept with me."

"Well, before that. I had a girlfriend who I was in love with." Keana looked at her like Lauren was kidding. "Yeah, you don't even know. Camila's special. She helped me get better."

"Number one, you're not better because you were back at it again with me last night. And number two, I guess Camila's not special enough seeing as how you just stabbed her in the back."

"We broke up!" Lauren raised her voice.

"What?" Keana mumbled.

"Yeah, we broke up yesterday."

"Oh well, La—" Keana started to walk over toward her ex.

"No, I don't want to talk about it. I want to talk about you and your feelings towards me."

"I already told you."

"Tell me more. You...still like me?" Lauren wondered.

"I mean...yeah...I do. That's kind of the reason why I still do this thing with you. It's like the only way I can still see you and...you know...be with you."

"You think that's the only way you can still see me? Through sex?"

"Well, you aren't the romantic type. At least I thought you weren't. I'm honestly very shocked you just had a girlfriend. You didn't care about dating, relationships, any of that cute shit. I didn't even think we could really have a real friendship. The only way to get to you was through sex."

Lauren sighed and looked away. She was reminded of her past and how much of an asshole she was. She couldn't believe Keana ended up falling for her and now she felt like a bigger asshole with a hell of a lot of guilt.

"I wanted to be with you again. I really liked you before I had to move and missed you so much. I thought if I could do this friends with benefits thing, I would be able to have that closeness even if it was just for a split second and you would leave right after," Keana poured her heart out.

"So, you didn't think I led you on?"

"No, I knew better than that. I knew our friendship was just sex only. No feelings, no strings attached, nothing. And you succeeded, but unfortunately I ended up with feelings," Keana's lips trembled again but she bit it back.

"I wish you would've told me," Lauren walked over to the brunette and pulled her into a hug. "You could have been honest with me so I didn't have to keep on hurting you. I'm so sorry, Keana."

Lauren would be lying if she said she never thought about becoming more than friends with benefits with Keana again. I mean, she did have feelings for her once before so who says that couldn't happen again? Well, me because that would never happen again. Lauren really didn't have feelings for her anymore. She only saw Keana as a friend. A friend who wasn't just a fuck buddy but a friend who deserved to be treated better from now on. Lauren wanted to get to know Keana again. She wanted to really be her friend, not someone she just gets off with. Lauren may have fucked up her vow to never sleep with anyone she wasn't in love with, but this was turned into something else. She got out a better understanding of her ex-girlfriend. The green-eyed beauty didn't want to tell her all that though. She didn't want to just say she didn't feel the same way which was the truth. But she would now show her the much deserved respect gradually through her actions. Some things are better left unsaid.

"It's alright," Keana lightly cried on Lauren's shoulder. "I did it to myself."

"We both did it. We were both hurting in the end. I was damaged goods and you were looking for love in a person who couldn't give it back to you in the way you deserve."

"I'm sorry for telling you all this right now," Keana brought her head up and wiped her eyes.

"No, it's okay. Let it out. Your feelings are completely valid and are more than okay to be shared with me. And I really am sorry."

"Well, I'm sorry too. I feel bad, I didn't know you just broke up with your girlfriend. I understand why you came to me to relieve your frustration."

"Yeah, but it wasn't right. You're right, I haven't changed," Lauren sighed.

"Lauren."

"No, it's not okay. I took advantage of you once again, disregarded your feelings, and...I...." Lauren choked up.

"What is it?" Keana asked worried.

"I...drank," Lauren looked at her with glossy eyes. All the progress she's made in 8 months was ruined. She went back, she gave in, she abused alcohol again.

"Well, you always drink."

"No, Keana, you don't understand. I really did change. Last June, I fucked up very badly and went over the limit. I got alcohol poisoning and almost died. I...I stopped drinking after that. I stopped. I quit. I've been sober for 8 fucking months. I was a fucking recovering alcoholic!"

"Okay, okay, okay," Keana wrapped her arms around Lauren, consoling her.

"No, I ruined all the progress. I thought I was okay. I really thought I had hope," Lauren sobbed and turned back to her. "Keana, I'm no good."

"You are good. I'm so sorry, Lauren, I didn't know all that. I would've never given you alcohol."

"It's not your fault. It's all mine. God, I feel like shit," Lauren stressed, growing angry and breaking free of Keana's hold. "I can't be sober, I can't control my temper, I can't keep a girlfriend. Why am I so fucked up!?"

"You're just hurt. Lauren, you'll be okay. This was just a little mishap. You'll get sober again."

"But I've worked so fucking hard. I can't believe I had a mishap," Lauren sat down on the couch. "I'm so hurt," Lauren cried harder. Keana came over and let the green-eyed girl cry into her chest this time.

"I'm so sorry," the brunette whispered.

"I-I can't believe she's gone. I loved her so much. She was the love of my life. I wanted to marry her. She's gone," Lauren bawled. She was never going to be able to see her love again. It was tearing her to shreds.

Keana shed her own tears as Lauren spilled her heart. Hearing this girl, who swore she would never fall in love, confess such emotional feelings, shocked her. It made herself emotional. She'd be lying if she said she wasn't a little jealous of this Camila too. Lauren loved Camila. Like, genuinely loved. And she wanted Lauren to love her. She wished that for a very long time. But she knew that was never going to happen. Lauren belonged with this other girl. She felt for some reason they were destined to be together and she didn't even know the brown-eyed Cuban. Keana of course respected that. She was not a home-wrecker even if they weren't together anymore. And when it came to Lauren, Keana would stop at nothing to make sure she was happy. She's always tried her best at that. She truly showed selfless and sacrificial love.

"Well, she called me earlier. Maybe you can still talk to her?" Keana stroked the dark locks on Lauren's head.

"She really called me?" Lauren asked.

"Yeah she was very curious as to where you were."

"What did you say?" Lauren sat up.

"I just said you would call her back. But I didn't know you guys were over. She called herself your girlfriend though which is kind of weird. How did you guys break up?"

"Well, it's actually a long, very complicated story."

"I got time."

Lauren then explained to the brunette everything. Like, everything. From the time she first met Camila to now. She explained their story, their love, their struggles, their dreams, and now their heartbreak.

"Wow." Keana honestly couldn't believe it. She never in a million years would've guessed Lauren's life became that. Now, she really believed Lauren had changed. This wasn't like the old Lauren at all. The old Lauren used to be a partier who got wasted and had a lot of sex. This was someone brand new. Lauren was now a happy girl who was in love and never the same again well, until last night. But she was changed for the better and it was true because Keana could clearly see that since she knew who the old Lauren was.

The story was great up until the ending. Keana genuinely felt sorry for what happened yesterday. It was a mess and Camila and Lauren's relationship was unknown right now. Lauren believed they were over since Camila shouted at her that it was. She thought the brown-eyed girl hated her.

But on the other hand, Camila didn't think so. And she didn't hate Lauren at all. Camila was just very upset and really didn't mean that their relationship was actually over. She would never break up with Lauren. Sure, she was mad at her for outing her but it was really just anger toward her parents. This was going to be tricky.

Lauren quickly called Camila's home phone number back but there was no answer.

"That's weird. Camila really wanted to talk to you," Keana said confused.

"No, she hates me," Lauren sulked.

"I bet she doesn't. Wait, maybe she doesn't think you're broken up."

"She said it was over and told me to get out. Why else would she say that?"

____________________________

After Camila got hung up on by Keana, she had to go back into the house before her parents found out she was outside. But Camila was upset again. She didn't know who that girl was who answered her girlfriend's phone. Could Lauren have cheated? No, she couldn't have. She would never do such a thing, the younger girl thought.

"Karla," Sinu opened Camila's door. Camila went back into her bedroom and locked herself in.

"Yeah?" Camila mumbled. She was lying on her bed, reading her book.

"Come downstairs for breakfast. Your father and I want to talk to you more." Great.

Camila slowly trudged downstairs with the least bit of enthusiasm. She hated her parents. She didn't want to talk to them for a very very long time.

"Alright, so, your father and I talked some more after you went into your room—" Sinu started.

"You mean after I was thrown in and locked up?" Camila interrupted.

"Anyway...I may have over exaggerated and punished you a little bit harsher than necessary."

"Um yeah a lot harsher than necessary. You took away NYU, my dream school. I got a scholarship there for crying out loud."

"Which is why you will be allowed to attend there again," Sinu intervened.

"Wait, really?" Camila's eyes widened.

"Yes. And...you can stay at South Miami," Sinu rolled her eyes.

"Really? Oh my gosh! Yes!" Camila cheered but didn't hug her parents obviously. This was not a thank you. "So, I can still be in the musical?"

"Yes, but only because of theater which is what I sent you there for in the first place." Camila let out a sigh of relief. Her life wasn't completely fucked over. Now, maybe things didn't have to change. She could be with Lauren at school and during rehearsal. "But on one condition." She thought too soon.

"What?"

"You are still not allowed to speak or even think about Lauren Jauregui." Well, she might as well just fall off the earth then.

"W-why?" Camila grew confused.

"She's still not a good person and I don't want you around her influence anymore. I don't care about your feelings toward one another. You will not be in a relationship with another girl as long as you are living under my roof."

"Mom, seriously?" Camila gasped. Now, Camila was going to be pained to be able to see and hear Lauren but wouldn't be allowed to talk to her.

"Seriously. And I talked to Austin Mahone last night about your whole little scheme. I was surprised but glad to hear he wasn't supportive of your fling with Lauren and wanted to tell me about it. That's a young man who you should be with."

"No. Not Austin. He's an asshole."

"Watch your mouth. Whatever, he's an honest boy and so I asked him to keep an eye on you in your classes and rehearsals."

"You what?" Camila grew shocked.

"Austin's going to make sure you don't talk to Lauren while you're at school." This was worse than him being a beard. "If you do, he will report to me and there will be consequences."

"Ohhhh my goshhhh why are you doing this? Why do you hate me?" Camila groaned.

"I don't hate you. I'm doing this for your own good. I'm saving you from hell."

"Ugh!" Camila quickly stormed away back to her room.

"She'll come around," Alejandro finally spoke.

"Eh."

Camila was a lot happier that she didn't have to transfer schools, drop out of the musical, and attend another college other than NYU. But she was still just as furious for not being able to be with Lauren. Now, it was really hitting her. She was going to have to break up with her beautiful girlfriend. No, she can't, she won't, she will never. Camila was in love with Lauren and will be with her for as long as Lauren wants. She promised her that. There was no way she was going to end their relationship no matter who told them to. Their love was stronger than that. Camila will not let the love of her life go that easily. She was going to fight like she said she would. She was going to find a way to make it work. She didn't know how yet but she and Lauren would find a way. They always do.

A/N: The drama continues and will for a while just to warn you 🙈

Twitter & Tumblr: BabeLoRegui

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

1.4M 24.5K 59
Lauren Jauregui and Camila Cabello audition for The X Factor on the same day- by mere coincidence? Possibly. By fate? Who knows? Each girl has a drea...
318K 8.8K 31
Lauren Jauregui is the school bully. She's hot, popular, rich. She has everything going for her, or so it seems. Camila Cabello is the school queer...
12.9K 386 4
Camila reminisces about how her & Lauren got together in high school. P.s If u can't tell by previous descriptions I sucks at them lol This is conv...
665K 18.4K 24
Camila Cabello, a girl who have always been struggling to talk properly due to her speech disorder that she had been suffering from since she was a l...