Ex- husband and babies

By saiamrutha77

She could easily recognize that touch. Sharon knew it was him. She could feel him against her body. His hands... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Epilogue
Loving you again

Chapter 15

130K 4K 288
By saiamrutha77

Chapter 15

"I want Daddy", April said as soon as Sharon came inside. Sharon looked at her and a smile immediately broke on her face.

She remembered those days when she used to wake up in middle of nights crying and Chris being awake along with her, helping Sharon. Sometimes even singing lullaby for both of them.

Sharon bent to her height and said,
"Daddy will be home tomorrow, but don't you want to spend with me or Chase." Sharon asked.

April stood there but didn't reply anything. So Sharon added "We could bake a cake together and play all day long tomorrow."

"We will bake a cake?" April asked her eyes sparkling with excitement.

"We would." Sharon said smiling.

"Can we do a Chocolate one?" April asked jumping.

"We could" Sharon replied and Chuckled for her excitement.

"Yayyy. I love chocolate cake. Daddy always brings one for me. I love how it is so sweet, soft and chocolatey. " April rambled excitedly "Can we add Marshmallows in it? "

"Oh yes... we could add whatever you want."Sharon silently giggled thinking how easy it was for her to divert the girl from asking for Chris.

"Where is Chase?" April asked looking around.

"He is upstairs keeping his toys away, would like to go call Chase so that we could start preparing the cake?" Sharon asked gently.

"Yes. Mrs....." April started but quickly corrected herself "Sharon. Yes, Sharon."

Sharon smiled as her little girl ran upstairs to call her brother.

"You look happy" Momo commented from the Chair she was sitting on and reading a book.

"I am" Sharon shrugged.

"Do you really want to do this?" Momo asked. 'This' here reffers to having her baby girl back in her life.

"I want to." Sharon replied after few seconds.

"Yesterday You didn't want her to know your Name and today you are ready to enter her life?" Momo asked giving her a look.

Sharon sighed before answering "Chris somehow got to know about Caleb. I took him to Caleb. Looking him broken, Sad for not knowing his baby wenched my heart. I can't handle if something like that would ever happen to me. That is why, I want to get to know April, be a part of her life. I am already four years late.... I don't want to waste any more days."

"So... How is this going to work?" She asked.

Sharon sighed heavily "Don't know , Momo. That is why I am not telling her the truth. Once Chris comes from Newyork. We will come up with something and then tell April and Chase together."

"Well good for you" Momo said going back to her book.

"Mommy, Are we making a cake?" Chase asked as soon as he ran into the room with April trailing behind him.

"We are baby" Sharon replied going through the cupboards and taking out everything that is needed.

"So how do we start?" April asked excitedly.

Sharon smiled , "first we wash our hands properly." She said.

"Done"

"Done" her children exclaimed.

She helped both of them sit on the large kitchen counter in the middle of the kitchen.

"Now who want to add the flour?" She asked.

"Me..Me..Me" April exclaimed.

"Okay then add this cup of flour into this vessel." She said handling a cup of flour to April.

It proved out to be quite a mess allowing her kids to bake with her but Sharon didn't mind.

"Now comes the best part.... I am going to pour melted chocolate and marshmallows into our cake." Sharon said removing the chocolate filled marshmallows out of the oven.

"It looks yummy" April exclaimed.

"Can I eat?" Chase asked trying to dip his fingers in the bowl.

"Chase, it's hot" Sharon shrieked moving the bowl out of his reach.

She saw the ecstatic faces of her Children as she poured the melted Chocolate and Marshmallows on to the cake.

"Mommy... mommy... I wanna add sprinks on it" Chase said.

"Sprinks? It's sprinkles you funny" April said giggling.

Their Cake looked amazing.

"Chase go call Momo..." Sharon said.

"Momo..." Chase started to shout.

"Chase... go and call Momo" Sharon said giving him a stern look.

"Sharon.... Can I save a piece for my Daddy?" She asked innocently.

"Sure, We dont want him to miss this beautiful Cake you made, right?"

"Thankyou"

***

"Is she fine?" Chris asked Sharon from the other side.

"She is! We just made a Cake she is eating it." Sharon replied.

"What about Dinner?" He asked frowning. Cake at bedtime not a good thing.

"She had some sandwich for dinner and for God sake it is only a small piece of cake. We are saving the bigger piece for tomorrow" she said reading his mind.

"Okay. I have to go. See you tomorrow." He said.

"Bye." She cut the call. So this is it...and this is how it's gonna be in future. They would just be parents to their Children and nothing to each other.

Sharon's eyes misted 'why?why did he have to cheat on her? If not his cheating they would have been a happy family."

"No. Sharon! You are not doing this to yourself. Be happy with what you been given" her brain lectured her.

Sharon rubbed her eyes and joined the kids and Momo who were discussing 'The Looney rooms show".

"No.... this is how bunny jumps" Chase said trying his best to do an impression of bugs bunny.

April too tried and laughed. "Mommy, you too". Chase said tugging her sleeve. Sharon to joined her kids laughing.

***

Lilly took off to her apartment as soon as they landed. She was not on speaking terms with him and he totally understands her.

She needed some space and he would give her that. Now that he is back Chris, have something planned to do.

"Mom! I'm in New York for a meeting. Let's have lunch."

"Meeting? Honey, you went on a holiday... which means no work." Martha scolded.

"We will talk when we meet for lunch." He said.

"Oh definitely. I too have something to talk and why isn't Lily picking up her phone."

"Mom.. I have to go. See you at Nevery's at 1." He said and cut the call.

Today he wants to know why exactly she never told him his wife has asked for him.

****

"Savvy, it's Sharon pick up the phone."

It was Sharon's 5th voice message for savvy.

"You don't think she is dead right?!" Momo asked.

"Momo!!" Sharon snapped.

"Okay. That was joke. No one appreciates my humour" Momo mumbled walking back into her room.

Last night Chase was down first, tired of all day long playing. But April was pretty much awake. May be the sugar is kept her up.

It was best night Sharon had in a long time. Having to listen her daughters ramble from her Favourite cartoon to favourite colour. Favourite rhyme to not so favourite teacher was the best. After pretty much explaining her life to Sharon, April let her sleep kick in.

"Savvy, Call me as soon as you get it" Sharon left one final message before turning towards April.

"You wanna drink milk?" Sharon asked and April immediately made a sour expression.

"You don't like milk?" She asked.

April nodded her head in a "No".

"But Milk gives you strength." Sharon said pouring milk in a cup.

"But I don't need strength" April reasoned.

"Why?" Sharon asked as she passed Chase his milk bottle.

"I have daddy." April replied. Sharon looked at her puzzled for few seconds before she burst out laughing.

"You have Daddy?" She asked.

"Yes! Daddy said he would always save me from bad guys." April frantically explained not liking Sharon laughing at her.

"I'm sorry." Sharon said once she noticed that she somehow offended her daughter. "You know what April? You are correct ofcourse Daddy will save you from all the bad guys but don't you want to help daddy and best them together?"

April looked thoughtful for a second before nodding her head.

"Good" Sharon said giving her a cup.

Sharon planned to close her shop today because she want to spend time with her children.

She was making breakfast when her phone started ringing, assuming it might be savvy she slid the screen to answer "where the hell are you?" She asked.

"Ah.... New York.?" Chris answered from other side.

Sharon bit her tongue. Shit !

"What do you want?" She asked a bit rudely.

"I called to check on April. How is doing?"

"Still Now very well. Do you wanna talk with her?" She asked.

"No. I'll catch up with her in the evening."

"Okay."

"Sharon..."

"Hm?"

"Nothing. Take care.Bye." he said and cut the call.

That was weird.

***

"I'm so sorry, honey. I was stuck in traffic" Martha said as soon as she saw Chris in Nevery's.

Chris just gave tight smile. "Reservation under Vanderwood." He said to the receptionist at the entrance.

Nevery was high class restaurant with private rooms. It had a very good ambiance. One of the waitress showed them their private room. Chris ordered for some red wine as his mother settled comfortably before placing their order.

"So... how is Princeton? How is April liking it?" Martha asked.

"Princeton is a very beautiful and April is loving it their." He answered.

"How is Lily?"

"Don't you talk to her daily." Chris replied.

Martha shrugged her shoulders in reply.

"We broke our engagement." Chris said after few minutes of silence.

Martha chocked on the wine she is drinking." What? Why? " she freaked out.

"Two days ago." Chris calmly replied.

"Why?" She asked.

"I found Sharon."

"Oh... so that witch is the reason." Martha fumed.

"Mom" Chris snapped.

"Chris!! Why would you break your engagement for someone like her? She left you. She walked out of your life and April's." She said wondering why the hell did Lily not tell her such a big news.

"It was not her fault entirely" Chris sobered.

"But she didn't give you a chance to explain?!" Martha exclaimed.

"She was hurt"

"Oh.... for God sake stop taking her side." Martha snapped. "Wait.... wait... where is April?"

"I left her with Sharon."

"Are you Crazy?" Martha asked. She looked at him as if he has grown another head.

"I want them to get to know each other." He explained.

"April hates her." Martha said sipping on her wine to cool her brain.

"No.... she doesn't. And she will not. I will make sure of that."

Martha was so pissed right now. Sharon can't come back into her sons life.

"She had a son" Chris said "My son" he added.

"What?" Martha asked her eyes growing wide.

"She miscarried only one baby. Other two were good but one of them died due to some congenital disease." Chris said with a far off expression.

Martha took her own time to process what all he just said. Why the hell did Lily leave out such a big detail.

"Sharon said she called four years back and you took the call."

"No...no...no... she didn't call, That witch is lying. " Martha said panic setting immediately.

"Mom... I asked Laura to pull out all the calls we got in that period of time and there was a number from Princeton." He said throwing the paper with list of numbers on the table.

"Chris..." Martha's throat suddenly dried.

"Why didn't you tell me? You know what happened because of that I could see my boy and now when I know of him he is in his grave" Chris said as his eyes turned glassy.

Martha gulped "Honey.... I didn't know."

"Isn't that easy to say?" Chris snapped rudely.

"Chris..."

"Why?Why do you hate Sharon so much? What did she ever do to you?"

"Chris..."

"Why?" Chris shouted. His patient facade cracking.

"She was not the correct person for you. I knew how heart broken you were when she left." Martha said tears flowing down her cheeks.

"Who were you to decide?"

"Chris!"

"I'm sorry Mom but because of your one stupid decision I couldn't see my son even once before he left the world and the other doesn't even know me."

"I'm sorry, Chris. I never knew she was pregnant. She didn't say that."

"Mom!!! Are you still trying to blame Sharon in all this?" He asked.

"Chr..."

"Enough Mom! I could never forgive you for what you did." Chris stood up, he felt suffocated. He didn't want to believe his mom was this vile. But Now that he have proof he felt back stabbed.

"Don't call me. I might say something which would be more harsh." He said as he left the place.

As soon as he came outside he took his phone out and called one person in front of whom he wanted to break down and apologize.

" Sherry...."
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

So??? I love this Chapter. Do you?
I know I said no update till 7th but I got super excited to write Chase April and Sharon part!!!

Dedicated to @chevypage59

Next update on 7th!!

How did you like making with April Sharon and Chase??

Did you feel sad for Martha?

And wooooo #132 on romance we are killing it baby!!😂😂😂 okay !Can we bring it below 100? Though I don't care much, but still. It would be nice to see.

And hello all the new readers, silent readers... hope your are enjoying the story. Sometimes vote for the Chapter and hit the comments section about your view on story. I'll will appreciate that.

Just a random question : how is the weather in your place ? it is awesome and killing it in my city. I just had a long drive with my mom. Just felt like sharing.

As of you Sweet hearts I love you all Thankyou so much for all the support.

Like.vote. comment.

Have a good day.

Love

XOXOXO.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

577K 16K 31
He did not love her. It was a loveless marriage to him. In his eyes, she is just a burden who cooks food for him. And in return, he will earn money a...
498K 10.6K 31
"Your sarcasm is cute, but you don't have to use it so often." He was smiling. "This is a pretty open place to meet your student." "Which is true."...
252K 10.2K 49
I felt a hand under my chin and then I was looking right into Aiden's eyes. "You know that I care about you, right?" He used the same hushed tone. Ai...
1.9K 67 25
Brianna kissed a stranger in front of his date and experienced her first kiss with him. They met again in a gala, she was with another man but they b...