Changed [Watty Awards 2013]

By PerfectDisaster21

"Broken" and "torn" are the only words to describe Delilah Scott. After enduring a traumatic childhood, Delil... More

Changed (Changed #1)
1. Pet
2. Saved
3. Mate
4. Encounter
5. Acceptance
6. Bruised
7. Letter
8. Surprise
9. Panic
10. Relevation
11. Rage
12. Leaving
13. Whiplash
14. Explanations
15. Confusion
16. News
17. Bait
18. Uncle
19. Trust
20. Jealousy
21. Confrontation
22. Mom
23. Wake
24. Silver
25. Baby
26. Attack
Epilogue
SEQUEL!

27. Beg

338 10 0
By PerfectDisaster21

27. Beg

DELILAH

As I sat in the chair waiting for Noah to come to, my cellphone rang. I pulled it out and saw Matt’s name. I growled as I stood up and answered the phone.

“Matt, I’m fine.” I meant to say softly, but it came out harsh.

He sucked in a deep breath. “Nick called me and told me that Noah attacked you guys.”

“Yeah,” I rolled my eyes. Of course Nick would call him. “I’m fine. No one’s hurt. He locked up in the crate right now and I knocked him out. This is the night he dies and hopefully tomorrow, I’ll be flying out to Toronto.”

He sighed. “Just…be careful, ‘kay?”

“The worried-about-my-mate act is really getting old, Matthew.”

“Don’t even pull that card on me.” He growled. “It’s not an act, Delilah.”

“Well, it seems like—”

“I didn’t call for a fight.”

Then I heard a door open and a deep laugh erupted over the line. Matt shouted something at the guy—a teammate probably—and I heard the guy speak loud and clear.

“You should go into the bathroom with that call. It probably gets rated-R real soon.”

I laughed.

“Shut up, Scotty! At least I have a girlfriend.”

I heard Scotty tsk in the background. “So you say you have a girlfriend. But do we really know that for sure?”

Matt sighed. “I should probably go. Scotty’s being an ass. I’ll call you tomorrow, okay?”

I chuckled, still humoured by Scotty’s first comment. “Okay, babe.”

I heard a muffled noise and Matt yelling to give him his phone back. I heard Scotty laugh as a balcony door shut.

“So, are you actually dating little Matty?”

I laughed. “Yes, I am.”

I glanced over into the crate and saw that Noah was still passed out. His even breathing signalled that he was still going to be asleep for a few hours.

“You’re all he talks about,” he paused. “And I should know because I live with the guy. And his background on his phone is of you and him. Man he is whipped!” Scott said “whipped” in a sing song voice.

I went to make a remark before a head a hit and static.

“Sorry, babe. He held the door shut.”

“Well, that’s a problem for you then, considering…”

He laughed. “He knows, Lilah. He’s a werewolf too.”

Well this day just kept getting better and better.

“So, you mean to tell me that you’re living with a male werewolf alone?”

He growled. “I see where you’re going with this and I just want you to know I am as straight as they come.”

I heard a groan and looked up to see Noah attempting to get up off the floor. I could feel my eyes light up in excitement.

“Speaking of coming, Noah’s awake. I’ll call you tomorrow morning.”

“Okay. Bye, baby. Have fun,” he said as he hung up.

As soon as I pocketed my phone, Nick’s footsteps thundered down the stairs. When he saw he ran over to me and held my shoulders, inspecting my face. His eyes travelled all over my face and when he was satisfied that I wasn’t injured, he released me.

Nick spun the chair around and straddled it, resting his arms on the back. He eyed Noah as he managed to pull himself up and hang on to the bed rail. His breathing was ragged and his nostrils flared each time he tried to breathe in.

Nick looked over at me. “Crap, what did you do to him?”

“Threw him against the wall,” I smiled.

Nick laughed as the basement door opened again. Eric rounded the corner with his hands in his pockets. “Uh, Nick. We have a problem…”

*   *   *

“What do you mean you’re stepping down?” Nick’s voice boomed through the house, shaking the rafters.

Caelon shrunk back in his chair. “You’re dad’s a better Beta than me. Hell, he had a better plan than I did today.”

Nick’s nostrils flared as he tried to keep his anger in check. “I chose you for a reason, Caelon. If I wanted to place Dad as Beta, I would’ve. He didn’t want to be Beta. You did, though, and you were my best friend.”

He shrugged. “I just don’t want this much responsibility, Nick. I’m done with being the responsible adult. I want to enjoy my youth and go out and have fun and—”

Nick cut him off by laughing bitterly. “Good timing to decide you’re done, Cael.”

Emily still sat on the couch staring out the window. She hasn’t moved since the boys left the house. I sighed, bored with their conversation, and sat beside Emily. She looked down at her flat belly and ran her fingertips over it.

“What’s on your mind, Em?”

She shrugged.

“C’mon,” I pressed. “You know you can tell me. I won’t judge you and I won’t share it with anyone.”

“That’s not what I’m worried about….” She said quietly.

“Then what—?”

She nodded her head over to a livid Eric. “It’s him. I still think he doesn’t want this baby and he’s only saying he wants it.”

I shook my head. “You don’t understand. He does want the baby, but he’s just being overprotective and doesn’t want anything to happen to the baby or you. He’s worried that both of your lives will be in jeopardy. He just wants to keep you safe.”

She sighed. “Well he has a crappy way of showing it.” She looked down at her belly and smiled. “Your daddy’s crazy.”

“I heard that!” Eric called from the kitchen. He walked into the living room and smiled. “I don’t want the baby hearing how her father is overprotective.”

“A her, huh?” She smiled as he leaned down to kiss her.

“Yeah,” he said as he pulled away, “her. It’s father’s intuition.” He tapped his head. “I was right about Kyle, Nick and Jared being boys, was I not?”

She sighed. “Yes…”

“I’m the king, baby.”

“Don’t let that go to your head. It’s big enough already.”

I laughed and stood up, heading for the kitchen. I walked in to see it completely empty. Kyle went to bed a couple hours ago and Marcel and his twin boys left shortly after Kyle hit the sack.

I heard talking down stairs and walked towards the door. I was shortly stopped by Eric.

“No. They’re dealing with him for right now. Later on, you’re going to question him and see if he answers you. You’re the only one he’ll talk to anyways.”

I walked back to the living room after I rolled my eyes. I sat on the recliner and yawned.

“So, are you and Matt thinking about having kids?” I choked halfway through my yawn. Once I caught my breath, I glared at her. “Ah, I take that as a no.”

I shook my head. “It’s not a no. Of course I want kids, but we haven’t talked about it or even mated yet, so…” I shrugged.

“Let me guess,” Emily tapped her chin, “Matt’s jealous of Nick, and Nick’s jealous of Matt.”

I didn’t comment.

“Typical men.”

I laughed but it was soon cut short as I was called on from the basement.

I smiled.

“Duty calls,”

*   *   *

I walked down to see Noah’s face contorted with pain and blood stained all over his face. Caelon had blood splattered on his white shirt. I raised an eyebrow at him, not at all fazed by the sight of the blood from the man I loathe.

“He spit on me after I punched him.”

I shook my head and entered the crate. Nick and Caelon stood on the outside, watching us. I stood in front of Noah with my hands on my hips.

“So,” I sat down on the cold ground. “Do you want to explain why your Pack house was empty?”

“Do you want to explain why you haven’t killed me yet?” He spat back, blood drooled down his chin.

“We can sit here all night, Noah.”

He was quiet.

“Nothing?” I chuckled. “I expected that, to be quite honest. If you co-operate, this will end faster.”

He groaned. “The Pack left because I told them too. I turned myself in to the Law.”

I blinked at that.

“I didn’t want to be Alpha. I thought I did, but I didn’t.” He looked down at me. “My father was the real Alpha of the Pack. I knew you were coming after me. The stupidest decision was dropping you off on their doorstep. I regret everything that my father and I have put you through. You deserved the best upbringing that could ever have be given. I’m sorry for everything I put you through, Delilah.”

I didn’t accept his apology. He didn’t deserve my forgiveness and he sure as hell didn’t deserve to be let off that easily. If he turned himself in to the Law, a death sentence was evident. Is that why he came here to be killed rather than let the Law kill him?

I asked him that aloud.

“Yes.” He nodded with a sigh. “Pathetic, I know, but you deserve justice. So kill me, Delilah. I’m going to die either way. First you killed my father and now you should just kill me.”

He was begging for me to take his life. I could see why he wanted me to do it—I would make it fast and painless and the Law would make it long and painful. I definitely wouldn’t want to be killed by the Law.

I looked over at Nick and saw the spark of excitement light up in his eyes. He saw the perfect opportunity to end Noah and he wanted to take it. But did I? I wasn’t sure.

In front of me was the man that I thought I loved when he found me on the streets after six years of solitude. He was the man that too my innocence away from me and lied to me in my face. He was the man that bit me and caused so much mental pain to me over the years. He manipulated me.

If he stayed alive he could come after my future kids and he’d come after Emily’s baby. I didn’t want that to happen to the Pack. I already put a lot of burden on the Pack already by causing them so much loss.

If I killed him, it would be done. He wouldn’t come after me or my Pack and he would be dead. But how would Matt take it? I didn’t think he would care considering how he talked to his uncle and he wasn’t affected when Doug died.

I couldn’t be selfish. I had to do what was the best option to protect my Pack and family.

I inhaled deeply and wrapped my hands around his neck, flexing my fingers. In one swift movement I snapped his neck.

A/N: ONE MORE CHAPTER!!!! I just wanted to point out that I have decided what I'm doing for the sequel. I'm going to be doing Delilah's POV and having a main plot with a sub plot to add action. WOOHOO! Update will most likely be on Monday! :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 77 14
Destiny Paige has had a lot happen to her, her whole life has been turned upside down, her heart has been torn out of her chest and stomped into the...
3.8M 119K 36
Everly is a werewolf living in a pack where no one wants her. Her mother and father don't treat her the same as her beautiful sister. She has learned...
5.9M 157K 37
My mum always used to tell me what it's like to see your mate for the first time. She used to say that at that moment, everything around you stopped...
3M 83.3K 32
Prologue: Misty hurt is a 16 year old werewolf who just moved to a new town with her abusive parents.She is shy suicidal and scared to death of peop...