Scarlet (Under Major Plot Con...

By unforgiven_mess

Scarlet Evans was a highly trained, secret assassin killing anyone in which her boss told her too. Her aim wa... More

Chapter 001
Chapter 002
Chapter 003
Chapter 004
Chapter 005
Chapter 006
Chapter 008
Chapter 009
Chapter 010
Chapter 011
Chapter 012
Chapter 013
Chapter 014
Chapter 015
Chapter 016
Chapter 017
Chapter 018
Chapter 019

Chapter 007

545 28 4
By unforgiven_mess

007

Peyton and I were walking and talking while sipping on our smoothies we just bought. And by 'we' I mean her.

She was ecstatic to hear that I actually made time for her. We were walking around the center of town.

"So I heard you slept over Jays house last night" She wiggled her eyebrows at me. I stopped dead in my tracks and she did the same but with a huge grin on her face.

How on earth did she find that out?! "Who told you?" I wondered angrily.

She giggled in a nervous way "Ray" She giggled. Ray?! That little-

"But don't tell her I told you! I promised her I wouldn't say anything!" She begged. If she broke Rays promise then what's keeping me from thinking she's kept mine.

Well then again Ray is 6. And she doesn't know my biggest secret.

"Fine" I groaned. I began moving my feet again and so did she.

"So what happened?" She asked like the nosey girl she is.

"Nothing!" I shouted too quickly. Great now she's going to get suspicious.

"Lair! You answered too fast! Spill!" She squealed too loud for my head since it still hurt from all the alcohol.

I was at a loss for words. I didn't know if I should tell her or if I should just leave it.

"We got drunk" I said as if it was normal to get drunk at a kids birthday party.

"At a kid's birthday party?" She asked bewildered. I nodded my head unable to hide the smile that came up with it.

"Well what happened then?!" She shouted when I didn't say anything else. She knew me too well.

"Nothing" I lied. I chewed on my bottom lip nervously.

"Nothing my a**!" She yelled again causing a scene. A few people walking around looked to see the commotion.

I knew Peyton really wanted to know, otherwise she wouldn't have sworn. With my luck she'd just ask Jay.

Although I'm still unsure if he even remembers or not...

"We had  a few chugging contests" I explained. She rolled her hand knowing I had more to say. I sighed "And wemighthavemadeout" I admitted really fast.

Her mouth gaped open into a huge 'O'. She smirked and eyed me suspiciously.

"That's it I swear!" I say before she can make any accusations. She looked relieved but still shocked.

"Does he remember?" She asks quickly. "Um I don't know he wouldn't tell me" I try to explain but she just kept going on and on with questions.

"Was he good kisser?" Well I was drunk... "Are you guys like practically dating now?" No. "What if you guys got married one day?" OK too far. "Can I be the maid of honor?!" She squealed excitedly.

I slapped a hand over her mouth and she looked up at me innocently with her big brown eyes.

"You done?" I ask tired of her nonstop questions. She mumbled something under my hand but it came out muffled.

Once she realized she couldn't exactly be heard she just nodded her head yes. I slowly take my hand away that was now slimy since she licked it. Weirdo...

I sipped my smoothie awkwardly, waiting for her to break the uncomfortable silence.

"I knew you liked him" She muttered happily. My eyes widened, I do not like Jay!

"I don't like him!" I shout again. I'm going to lose my voice after all this shouting.

She just giggled not believing a word I was saying. I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I wonder who that could be...

I opened the phone to see I got a text from Trey. That's strange it's my day off.

I opened the message as Peyton kept going on and on about how much I 'liked' Jay.

'Come to HQ, meet me outside' it read.

"...And that's how I know that you like him" Peyton breathed out finishing her rant satisfied.

"Hey I have to go but I'll check up with you later?" I suggest. She frowned, and stomped her feet.

"But today was supposed to be our day!" She whined. I sighed, I can't tell Trey no.

"Ok, how about I text you when I'm done at work at we can continue our day?" I suggest again hoping she'd agree because I really need to go, like now.

She crunched her lips side to side thinking about it. Finally she rolled her eyes which meant I won.

"Fine, but be quick" She pointed her little skinny finger at me. "I will" I promised.

"Thanks Peyton!" I yell while jogging back to my house.

10 minutes later I arrived outside my apartment building. Why I hadn't taken my car was beyond me. It was a stupid move.

I jogged into the parking lot and found my SUV in its normal spot. Trey didn't say it was an emergency, but he also didn't say it wasn't. 

I hopped into my SUV and pulled out of the packed parking lot. Boy can I not wait until we move out.

I drove down the street in time to see Peyton walking down the road. I feel bad for leaving her all of a sudden. But duty calls! Ha that sounds funny.

I pulled into my parking spot outside of HQ. I jogged out of the car pressing the lock button on my way.

Trey and the team were all outside. This is extremely strange, am I in trouble?

 I slowed my pace as they come more into view. I gave them a confused look but they were too busy making small talk to even know I was here.

I stood right in front of them when they finally noticed me. "What's up?" I ask suspiciously.

"I-I don't know how to say this Scar" He said disappointed. Everyone on the team shared secret glances.

"What?" I question eagerly. He sighed "You're fired".

My jaw dropped to floor in a heartbeat beat. What I'm fired? Why am I fired? But I'm the best shooter.

How am I supposed to support the family? We're going to be out on the streets again.

The team burst out laughing including Jay, who I didn't realize was here until now. I just got fired and their all laughing?!

"Why are you all laughing?!" I demanded. Of course that only made them laugh harder.

"Y-you should've s-seen your f-face!" Chloe clutches her stomach. Saw my face? Why should I have seen my face?

"What are you talking about?" I ask confused crossing my arms.

"I'm only kidding, you're not fired Scar" Trey says still chuckling a little. I glared at each one of them relieved I still had my job.

"It was Jay's idea" Joey held up his hands in defense. Jay froze and store at me with wide eyes.

Yeah that's right, be afraid be very afraid.

"Oh shush, it was only a joke" He snorted. I flipped him the bird causing everyone else to laugh.

Jay frowned and I smirked evilly. I'll get him back, just wait.

"So are we going to tell her why she's really here?" Jaxson cut in. Oh right, back to business. Revenge later.

"Oh right" Trey said. "I just wanted to show you the new technology. There's a lot so take notes" He jokes.

New technology? Great. Trey led us to the elevator. We all stood inside the elevator very uncomfortably. You should have gotten a bigger elevator Trey!

We all shared dumb glances waiting for the technology improvement.

"Ok so each of you has a new agent ID number. The minute you step foot onto this elevator you have to type in your number. Otherwise, the elevator won't move and then the alarms go off."

We all nodded; okay this one's not that confusing. Trey typed in 6 ID numbers. I glanced at the new security camera in the corner of the elevator.

Why are we getting more secretive? Something must've happened that Trey's not telling us about.

"Ok so along with your new ID numbers" He began as the elevator moved up. "You will all receive an agent ID" He said professionally.

"Cool" Jay cooed. I kept silent, still planning my revenge.

I like the whole idea of us getting more security but why?

"You'll get your picture taken after the tour" He added.

"Sweet" Chloe said excitedly.

"Oh it gets more complicated" Trey cut in. I swear if I need to open like 50 doors just to walk into HQ I'm going to break down all the doors!

The elevator door opened and I saw how being out one day of work can really make you miss a lot.

Chloe gasped, she's so dramatic. I rolled my eyes, big whoop there's a giant door with no windows or even door handles. There was a little card slot right next to the door I noticed.

Trey walked toward the door excitedly. "This is my favorite part" He chuckled.

He slid in his ID and the electronic device beeped. The light turned green and the door slid open.

"Whoa" Jaxson said fascinated. It was actually kind of cool, except now I'm going to be even later to work since I have to open 50 doors to get into the meeting room.

Trey walked through the door and we began to follow. He kept going down the long hall and we kept following.

The hall was empty and it had a plain look to it. Literally the only things in there were us and security cameras. At the end of the hall there was another door, the same exact as the other one.

The only difference was that this one had a fingerprint scanner instead.

"Next, I have each and every one of your fingerprints installed" He placed his fingertip on the scanner. The scanner turned green and he walked in. "Now one of you try" He said quickly before the door closed him off.

I step forward dying to test it. I placed my index finger on the scanner. It felt cold against my skin. The scanner turned green and the doors slid open once again.

Everyone quickly walked through before it slammed shut again.

"And that's it" He said getting my hopes up. That wasn't too bad. "...To get in" He added.

There goes my hope. He saw the look on everyone's faces and tried to persuade us that this was a good idea.

"We just have tablets and plasma screen TVs" He said trying to cheer us up.

"...And a thousand security camera's" I mumbled.

Trey chuckled "Nothing gets by you Scar" He said tapping my nose. That's right.

He headed into the meeting room but everyone stood still this time. "You coming?" He throws over his shoulder.

I shrugged my shoulders and led the others. To get past every door you need to slid your ID cards and since we didn't have ours yet Trey had to do it.

Inside the meeting room a camera man was set up. It reminded me of taking my high school ID picture. I looked horrible that day. I had both a stomach ache and a headache.  I shivered just thinking about my picture where I looked like a stoned hippie.

"Alright who's first" Trey says rubbing his hands together. He looked at each one of us and picked out who got to go first.

"Joey" Trey said. I heard both Jay and Jaxson sigh in relief. Now that you think of it what's up with everyone's name beginning with a 'J'?

Joey growled but still sat on the stool provided. We all watched with grins causing him to not even smile. Instead he glared right at the camera as it flashed.

Jay whispered something into Jaxson's ear causing him to burst out laughing.

"Jay, you're up next" Trey narrowed his eyes on Jay. Jay whined while stomping his feet over to the stool. He sat down harshly and pouted.

Before he could change his face the camera flashed. I laughed just picturing how funny his ID picture looks.

 "What?! I-I didn't even...I want a retake" Jay demanded crossing his arms.

"No can do" The Italian cameraman said curtly. Jay glared at him and stomped back over to Jaxson. He huffed and crossed his arms again.

I rolled my eyes which gained attention from Trey. "Scar, your turn" He smiled.

Jay chuckled while I just flipped him the bird for the second time today. I sat on the stool and just kept a straight face.

"You know you guys could smile a little, it's not like your job is to shove your hands up an elephant's ass" Trey muttered.

I smiled cheekily at Treys comment but before I could wipe it off the camera flashed. My mouth widened into an 'O'. "What...that's not fair" I whine.

I now know how Jay feels, except I'm smiling in my picture. Jay burst out laughing "Hey at least I'm not frowning like a baby in mine!" I shot back.

That shut him up. I hopped off the seat and Chloe got on next. She's honestly too girly for this job. How did she get it again? Oh right, she probably slept around a little.

"So are you going to tell us why were so locked up now?" I asked curiously. Trey looked confused.

"What do you mean?" He states narrowing his eyes at me.

"We suddenly get a hundred cameras in every room, finger scanners and ID's. Something had to of happened to make you get all this" I say waving my hands around.

Trey sighed, so he is keeping something from us. I managed to gather the attention of everyone in the room.

"Alright, we might've had a break in" Trey began. Chloe gasped bringing her hand up to her mouth. Trey gave her a weird look before finishing. "Who ever it was took important files" Trey added.

"You mean you don't know who it was?" Jay asked dumbly while Trey gave him a stupid look. "That's what I meant by 'who ever'"

We all stayed silent for a few moments. Who would even know about this place, about us?

"What files?" Joey cut through the silence. Everyone's eyes perked up to the question.

After a long silence Trey spoke up. "Employee files" Trey bit his lip nervously.

Everyone's eyes widened and they all looked shocked. If someone stole all employee files that means they know who each and everyone one of us are.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 525 33
One mistake cost her already achieved goal...staying off the System. Scarlet is one of a kind, beautiful and smart but she has one cold heart and now...
1.3M 28.3K 87
Jasmine Petrova I downed a shot of tequila, allowing the burning liquid to slide down my throat and settle in my stomach. I deserved to have some fun...
94.3K 1.6K 39
"You can't avoid me forever Lara" I chuckled "I'm ignoring you, you idiot" "Is it?" he slowly came towards me and pressed my body with his. Now I'm c...
4.1K 139 58
Ashlyn Ross is a normal teenage girl -to the outside world that is. she has a secret identity and only her parents and trusted trainer knows. she's...