The Showstopper

By BabeLoRegui

Lauren Jauregui always had a life long dream of making it to Broadway and to do that, audition to attend NYU... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
New Story
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23 (Part 1)
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 (Part 1)
Chapter 28 (Part 2)
Chapter 29 (Part 1)
Chapter 29 (Part 2)
Chapter 30
Chapter 31 (Final)

Chapter 23 (Part 2)

3.5K 95 144
By BabeLoRegui

Trigger Warning: Homophobia and alcohol abuse

Lauren's POV

I woke up bright eyed and bushy tailed for today. It was finally Valentine's Day and I had a date with a very special girl. I couldn't take my mind off Camila last night. Like the song "Catch Me" said, she's got me smiling in my sleep.

Camila and I decided to both wear white for a reason I didn't know but it was cute. Before going to get Camila, I drove to the beach with Normani and set up the table, chairs, and things. While I left to go pick her up, Normani was going to watch the setting for me until we returned. At 6:30 pm I stopped by the market on the way to Camila's from the beach to get her some red roses and chocolates. I just couldn't wait for tonight.

One thing that really surprised me that happened earlier today was a text message from a certain someone. Keana. I haven't spoken to or heard from her since August of last year. She texted me wishing me a happy Valentine's day and said she was in town. Hmm weird, she never comes into Miami during this time of year. I guess she was in because she didn't visit during Christmas? I don't know, but I just ignored it. I wasn't going to hookup with her obviously and wanted to forget about her at least for the rest of the day. Nothing was going to get in between mine and Camila's date.

Camila's POV

"Mija, you look beautiful for your date," my mom smiled. I had just put on my outfit and showed my parents in their bedroom.

"I have never seen a more beautiful young lady, Flaca," Papa complimented.

"Gracias, Mama y Papa," I hugged them. It was just minutes before Lauren would be here to pick me up and take me to wherever she had chosen for us to go. I was surprisingly kind of nervous but mostly thrilled to be going out tonight with her.

"So, you don't know where he's taking you?" my mom asked.

"Nope, it's a surprise. But I'm so so excited," I giggled.

"Aw mi niña is growing up," she gushed. "Out on her first Valentine's date."

"Yeah, Lauren should be here really soon," I said.

"That's interesting how she's picking you up and taking you to the date. Austin must have planned something very special."

"Yeah very," I nodded amused.

A few minutes later, I got a text from Lauren letting me know she was parked outside. She was parked more near the neighbors, behind our trees on the right side so we wouldn't be in clear view of my parents.

"Alright that's her," I grinned, getting up and making my way toward the door.

"Okay, Mija, have fun and be safe. Take lots of pics," Mama hugged me one last time.

"Not too late. Be home by midnight," Papa told.

"I will. Te quiero," I grabbed my purse with the ring in it and left their room and went downstairs out the door toward my beautiful girlfriend. I circled the corner of the trees on my lawn and saw Lauren standing outside of her Chevy that was parked on the street. Hopefully this was a good spot so my parents wouldn't see because I practically ran to her.

"Baby!" I rushed into her open arms, jumping up onto her waist.

"Hi, babe!" she hugged while holding me. "Happy Valentine's Day!"

"Happy Valentine's Day!" I kissed her passionately.

"I love you so much," she breathed, pulling back.

"I love you so much too," I breathed as well.

Narrator's POV

What Camila and Lauren thought was a good enough distance to be parked from the house wasn't. Sinu and Alejandro could actually see the two from their bedroom window.

"Ale, what are they doing down there?" Sinu squinted down, watching the girls.

"You look so beautiful, Camz," Lauren smiled, looking down at her girlfriend's outfit once she put her back down.

"Thank you. So do you, Laur," Camila giggled, leaning in to kiss again.

"I got you these," Lauren picked up the roses and chocolates from off the ground.

"Flowers and chocolates? Aww, babe," the brunette gushed.

"I-I'm confused," Alejandro uttered.

"What is happening?" Sinu gasped in worry and wide eyes.

"Do you think they're...?" he turned toward his wife.

"They can't be," Sinu quickly shook her head.

"Sinu, look at them. Flowers, chocolates, kissing. Lauren's picking up Camila for a date not with Austin but for a date with her. They're in a relationship. Karla lied to us," the father sighed in disappointment.

"Karla's a...a..." Sinu couldn't comprehend what she was hearing and witnessing. She was looking at her own daughter kissing another girl. Her daughter, her child, her baby girl. Everything was a lie. How could this happen? She's been kept a secret so dirty and vile, all she could do was be shocked and angry at the same time. Within a split second, Sinu and Alejandro rushed out of their bedroom, down the stairs, and out the door before the girls could get away.

"Ready for our date?" Lauren cooed still hugging the brown-eyed girl close.

"Yeah, let's go," Camila pulled away but before she could get in the car, she heard a voice that quickly made her dream like state turn into a nightmare.

"Karla, Lauren, vaya adentro!" Sinu yelled at them as the girls were suddenly shaken out of their bones.

"Mama," Camila gasped but Sinu and Alejandro already started walking back into their home. "W-w no," Camila choked. She could not believe this was happening right now. Lauren and she have been caught.

"C-Camz?" Lauren was also insanely frightened.

"Lauren...," the brunette started sobbing and rushed away, throwing the flowers and chocolates on the ground to go back into her house.

"Camila, wait!" Lauren quickly put the flowers and chocolates into her car and locked it. She ran into the Cabello house fearing for her and her girlfriend's lives.

Sinu and Alejandro were waiting in their bedroom furious as ever. They were about to do something that could've been seen as evil to others but a must given punishment to them.

Camila slowly walked through the door with her head hung low. This was possibly the worst thing that has happened to her yet. She hasn't ever been this scared before in her life. The only thing she was questioning was what the worst thing her parents could do to her. Throw her out? Disown her? Move her away? They were all possibilities.

"Sit down, Karla," Sinu commanded calmly but the calm that was scary and vicious. Camila instantly sat down on one of their chairs, tears still streaming down her face. Lauren then appeared in the room quietly. "You stand right there," Sinu commanded her as well. The girls were about to get the blow. Sinu and Alejandro stood close to them.

"So, Karla, what we just witnessed outside. What was that?" Sinu asked her daughter.

"I don't kn—" Camila weeped.

"Answer me!" Sinu yelled.

"I-I-I'm sorr—" Camila couldn't finish because Sinu slapped her for not answering.

"Hey, leave her alone!" Lauren rushed to her girlfriends side.

"Back off!" the mother yelled again and Lauren did as she was told. "Now, one of you are going to tell us why you were kissing and hugging in that way. No one will be let go until it happens."

"L-Laur, d-don't," Camila sobbed and looked at her girlfriend with pleading eyes to not tell her mother.

"Camz," Lauren shook her head, now sobbing as well, covering her mouth. She didn't know what to do.

"Time's ticking," Sinu stated sternly.

"I-I don't know what to say," Lauren cried.

"Tell me what's going on or you'll never see Camila again," Sinu threatened.

"Sinu," Alejandro sighed.

"Mama, stop!" Camila grabbed her mothers arm but was yanked off.

"No! You tell me the truth, Jauregui, if Karla doesn't," Sinu pointed her finger at the green-eyed girl, walking toward her.

"Don't! It wasn't what it looked like!" Camila was about to tackle her mom but was held back by Alejandro.

"I know what I saw. This is your final warning or so help me I will send her away!" Sinu threatened once more. "All you have to do is tell the truth." Lauren couldn't believe this was happening. This had to be a nightmare. She was terrified for Camila's sake but promised to never out her. She wished Camila would tell them herself but that would never happen. But if Lauren told her girlfriend's mother the truth, then the punishment may not be so bad.

With one deep breath and wipe of her tears, "Camila and I are dating," Lauren mumbled with her head low.

"Laauurenn!" Camila screamed in horror, trying to break free of her father's grip.

"Thank you. Ale, let her go. Camila, walk Lauren out to say goodbye," Sinu told her husband and daughter. Lauren stepped out of the room and rushed down the steps. Alejandro let go of his daughter and Camila ran after her girlfriend.

"Lauren! How could you!?" Camila grabbed Lauren's arm, turning her around.

"I'm sorry, Camz! I didn't know what else to do!" Lauren argued back, pushing her hair back.

"You promised me you wouldn't tell!"

"Camila, they were threatening us! And what other excuse could I have said!? They saw us and there's no going back!"

"Well you just blew it for us! They're going to ban me from seeing you! Thanks a lot, you ruined it!" Camila pushed but Lauren grabbed her arms.

"I'm sorry, Camila. I-I was scared," Lauren started crying again.

"Me too but now it's over," she pulled out of Lauren's hold.

"What do you me—"

"Get out, Lauren!" the brunette yelled and pointed toward the door.

"What?"

"Get out!" Camila opened the door and shoved Lauren out of the house, locking it behind her.

"Camz, no!" Lauren banged on the door.

Camila didn't want to do it but she was upset and angry at Lauren, her parents, and even herself. How could her girlfriend do such a thing? And how could her parents be so evil? She hated her life so much at the moment. She fell onto the floor with her back against the door, crying even harder than before. With her head rested on her arms, she wept, listening to Lauren scream on the other side.

"Camz, I'm sso-orryy!" Lauren sobbed still pounding on the door. "I l-love y-youu!" And Camila loved her too but she couldn't look at her right now. She didn't know when she could look at her again. Maybe never depending on her parents punishment. Even though she was mad at her, Camila never wished to not see those beautiful green eyes.

"Karla, get up here!" Sinu yelled for her daughter from upstairs. Here it comes. Camila could just run away now but would surely be disowned and never be allowed to see her family, more importantly Sofi, again. She sucked up the tears as best as she could and tentatively stood up to go back upstairs, praying for the best but expecting the worst. "There you are. Sit down again, please," Sinu told and Camila sat. "I'm not happy, Karla. Not happy at all."

"Why? Because I'm not your perfect daughter anymore? Now that you know who I am, I'm different in your eyes and your opinion of me has changed?" Camila argued with tear stained eyes.

"Karla."

"No, I'm not different. News flash, I've been the same person this whole time, whether or not you knew I was a lesbian."

"The biggest let down was that you have lied and kept this a secret."

"I know and I'm sorry for that but you guys would hate me like you do now. My prediction was true. I'm out and you guys will only make my life hell."

"We will make your life better," Sinu said.

"How? What's gonna happen?" Camila felt like crying again.

"Well, a few things." The brown-eyed girl braced herself. "Number one, you will transfer to La Salle High School. A good Catholic school was what you needed all along to help cure your sinful behavior. I wanted to send you there at first but was tricked into not by you. Next, you will not be allowed to see Lauren or your friends from that school again. And third, you will not be attending NYU."

"What!?!" Camila immediately stood up with wide eyes and opened mouth. That one was way too far. How? Just how could she say that? "Why!?"

"I will not have a tortillera as a daughter! That's disgusting and you will go to hell if you continue it."

"Mama, please no! You can't take away my friends! I don't have any more!" Camila begged and the water works started again.

"You will make new friends at La Salle. Nice, conservative, Catholic, non homosexual, friends."

"What about the musical!? I'm the lead role, I can't leave!" Camila stressed.

"They'll find someone new."

"Papa, tell her to stop!" their daughter pleaded but Alejandro just looked away. "How the fuck could you take away my life long dream of going to NYU!?"

"Lauren is attending and you will easily be able to see her which will not happen if I can help it. You're staying here in Florida and I'm making you apply to Ave Maria University. Another good Catholic school."

"Stop forcing Catholicism on me! It's been shoved down my throat since birth and I'm sick of it! I'm sorry but I just don't believe everything it teaches. I have my own beliefs and I'm going to believe what is right in my own heart," Camila fought.

"Jesus is the one who is right. What you believe is only going to destroy you."

"Really? Falling in love with another girl is destroying me? Well, I must be doomed then because I have been nothing but happy for once in my life since I started dating Lauren. She loves me and is the only one who understands and is there for me. I can go to her for anything and don't have to be terrified of her judging me unlike you."

"Lauren Jauregui influenced sin on you. I can't even imagine what else you two did together. I should've known she and her friends were no good. You two sure had me fooled thinking you were normal and dating that Austin boy when it was just a cover up. How absurd. "

"It wasn't her fault! Lauren didn't influence anything on me. I'm gay and have been my whole life! I can't help that!"

"It's not normal, Camila!" Sinu raised her voice. "Being a homosexual is an illness that you have unfortunately caught. Maybe you have been like that for a long time but that Jauregui girl has only made it worse. She's made you believe you are one of those sick people and deluded you. I will not have you be around that carpet munching dyke!"

"Shut up! That's my girlfriend and I love her!" Wrong choice of words.

"No, that is unacceptable!" Sinu slapped Camila across the face again and took her arm, dragging her to her bedroom. "You stay in here for the rest of the night! You have a lot of forgiveness to ask God for." The mother threw Camila down on the floor, took away her laptop, and locked her in her room.

"No! No! No!" Camila pounded and kicked on the door. "You can't do this! I fucking hate you! I fucking hate you both!" She sobbed and sobbed. Her heart was in a million pieces. Never would she have thought that this was how her night would end up. Camila kicked and screamed, begging for at least the smallest amount of mercy. She tried her hardest to knock down the door but it was no use. Camila only hurt herself just as bad as her mother hurt her heart.

__________________________

A few minutes after Lauren pounded and cried on the Cabello's front porch, she stormed to her car in a full rage of anger. She grabbed the flowers that were for Camila and ripped all the pedals of the roses out and threw the damaged bouquet onto the street and Cabello's driveway. Same with the chocolates, cursing very loudly and probably alarming some of the neighbors nearby. Sinu even came out and onto the porch yelling at Lauren to leave their property or else she would call the cops.

Lauren stopped and rested her head on the driver side window trying her best to calm down by taking a few deep breaths. But she was still furious. She wanted to fight Sinu and Alejandro so bad but that would ruin her life even more. And she didn't feel like getting arrested. So, Lauren decided to relieve her anger in an old method of hers. This was probably a very bad idea but she wasn't thinking clearly and needed to feel something. She needed a distraction as she did every other time she got upset or angry.

The green-eyed girl got into her car and took out her phone looking through her contacts. When she finally found the one she was looking for, she sent the number a text.

Lauren: I need you right now. I'm coming over.

Keana: No one's home but me, come on over.

With that, Lauren ignited the engine and floored the gas.

Keana only lived 5 minutes away as she stayed with her grandparents whenever she visited Miami. She was home alone, available now and Lauren wasted no time in paying her a visit.

Lauren pulled up to the house and trudged right into the door not bothering to knock. It was unlocked after all.

"Lauren, hey," Keana's eyes went wide at the sight of her friend. Lauren's hair was a mess, her dress was disheveled, and her eyes were puffy and bloodshot. She'd been crying the whole way here. "W-what happened?"

"Give me alcohol," Lauren stormed through the kitchen and searched through the cabinets. She looked through all of them looking for a bottle of something.

"Um okay?" Keana was stunned and confused beyond belief. What in the world has happened to her ex? I mean, she knew she was an avid drinker but this was scary. "Lauren," she stepped into the kitchen and placed her arm on the frantic raven-haired girl.

"No! I fucking need alcohol. Where the fuck is it?!" Lauren snapped and yanked her arm away.

"Please, calm down and I can help you," Keana shook.

"Give. Me. Alcohol," Lauren furrowed her eyebrows and stared straight into her ex-girlfriend's eyes.

"Lauren, you're scaring me," Keana's lips trembled. Lauren just pushed past her and looked through more cabinets.

"Ah, I found it," Lauren devilishly grinned and took the full bottle of Bacardi Razz from the cabinet underneath the sink. She opened it and took a full swig of the beverage, letting it burn down her throat. "Oh have I missed you," Lauren whispered eyeing the bottle. This was what she needed to numb herself.

"Lauren?" Keana tentatively stepped toward the green-eyed girl. "Now, can you tell me what's going on?"

Lauren didn't answer and didn't speak for a while. She just sat down in Keana's grandparents living room and drank the bottle of Bacardi. She started to cry again as she thought about what happened earlier. She thought about Camila and her parents. How she was threatened to never be able to see the love of her life again, how Camila yelled at her for trying to do the right thing by telling her mom, and how Camila threw her out of the house. And that was it. Lauren didn't know what was going on with her and her girlfriend right now and was scared to find out. She didn't know if they were broken up or what. She believed they were though. Her heart was broken at last. All she wanted to do was forget right now but it clearly wasn't working since she'd still been bawling over it despite being drunk as hell. She needed something else. Someone else.

"Keana," Lauren called for her ex and she came back into the living room. Keana decided to leave Lauren alone to allow her to drink and cool off. But Keana didn't know that Lauren quit drinking and is currently still recovering from alcoholism. If she would've known that, she would've never let Lauren take the bottle.

"Yes?" the brunette answered. She was still frightened.

Lauren drank half the bottle and was really drunk. Her mind was out of place and couldn't think straight for the life of her. She didn't know she was making a huge mistake right now. The only thing she wanted was to feel something more to distract her from her miserable reality. Her hell on earth.

The raven-haired beauty closed the bottle and threw it on the couch still looking at her ex. She stood up and wobbled over to her, taking Keana by the hand and walking to her bedroom. Lauren crashed her lips into Keana's once they were inside and pushed the brunette onto the bed.

A/N: I hated writing this 😔 I'm sorry.

Twitter & Tumblr: BabeLoRegui

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 54.9K 44
A small girl catches my attention one day during lunch and I can't seemed to get her off my mind. My new friends and others advise me to stay away fr...
12.9K 386 4
Camila reminisces about how her & Lauren got together in high school. P.s If u can't tell by previous descriptions I sucks at them lol This is conv...
735K 16.7K 50
They both have some bad pasts. Camila Cabello, a new freshman at Miami University, meets Lauren Jauregui, a breathtaking Sophomore. They fall for ea...
24.7K 1.1K 34
Lauren was a celebrated young director in the industry. She owned a production house where she spent most of her time doing things she loved. Her med...