For the Love of all Things Ra...

Par JJeSSea

Random Jones is your everyday run of the mill 15 year old. Except for the fact that she can be excessively ra... Plus

A Random Near Death Experience
A Random Day at the Pool.
A Random Day at Home.
A Random Date with Brian
A Random Disaster!

A Random Dare.

187 13 4
Par JJeSSea

So my birthday was last weekend! I would have written sooner but Christie made me eat like a hundred pixie sticks and I was bouncing of the walls. Quite literally I might add.

She couldn’t of course because of her heart. So I went crazy and she went into fits of laughter over it. It would’ve been funnier it I hadn’t been the one putting on the show.

So here I am three days later, with sugar hang over from hell.

I’ll try to explain it, but it may be a little wonky…

Okay, Sooo….

-----------------

I decided to have a slumber party, thinking back on it now I regret it. I invited every girl I knew, but only Christie showed up! Can you believe it?! I guess that’s why I got stuck with all the pixie sticks and processed sugar.

The party was to start at seven in the evening sharp, but we didn’t do anything until nine. We had waited for people to arrive for two hours and played pickup sticks. I won every time, it was only my favorite game ever!

By nine my parents ordered Pizza Hut pizza and Brian came over for cake and ice cream. Not ice cream cake, I had put up a fit.

ME: "It’s my birthday and I’ll have a fit if I want to."

Mom: "Well, if you dead set on having your cake and eating it to then we’ll have to give you sixteen spankings and a pinch to grow an inch."

Can you believe it? They tried to pull that over on me.

ME: "Well then mom I’ll just have to remind you of you diva fit last year on your FORTY FIFTH  birthday."

I don’t know if you ever play pranks or crack jokes with your parents and they turn the perfect shade of red but that’s what she did.

Once we had the pizza and cake Christie and I went to my room and popped in some DVD’s. I chose my favorite movies ever! High School Musical, High School Musical 2, and High School Musical 3: Senior Year!

Christie chose the Killers with Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Hiegle. She says that he’s a sexy biscuit. Whatever that means.

I think Zac Efron is an even sexier biscuit, still don’t know what that means, I’m sure its good though.

It was around three in the morning when we finished the movies. Christie was the one that came up with the next idea…

Christie: *squealing* "We should play truth or dare!!"

ME: "I don’t, it’s getting late."

Who knew I’d be the rational one.

Christie: "Please. It’ll be so much fun!"

I tried with all my might to find a way out of it but she kept piling it on,

Christie: "It’s your birthday, a sleep over. Truth or dare, even a few pillow fights are tradition."

I broke then, and obviously that was a big mistake.

Being me, I had to pick dare. I’m just spontaneous like that, and apparently so is Christie with the dares. She simply looked around.

Christie: “I dare you to eat all the pixie sticks”

ME: “Are you crazy? There are like a hundred of them.”

She gave me the most devious grin. You’d think I’d be pampered on such an occasion as this but fat chance.

Christie: “I triple dog dare you!”

Her grin reached her eyes just then.

ME: *Gasp* “You didn’t!”

She nodded as she stood, walking over to the cart that held all the goodies. The goodies I now regret asking my mom to buy.

She was standing over me then. Holding the tray containing the pixie sticks out to me, I reluctantly took it from her and she walked back over to the chair in front of mine, and plopped into it.

ME: “Are you sure…?”

She closed her eyes with a giddy smile on her face and nodded like a broken bobble head.

Who knew that I would be the one thinking the most rationally?

An hour later I was bouncing off the walls, sorta kinda literally. My mom had come in and told me to go jump on the trampoline at almost five in the morning.

Around six Christie wanted to go to sleep and since I didn’t want to be outside alone, so I went with her.  

First thing I did was glance over at the clock then at her. It was nine in the morning and I hadn’t slept a wink, I don’t even think I’ve blinked and Christies over there sleeping like a baby.

There’s a certain depressing feeling you get when you’re the only one awake, so as soon as I heard foot falls on the stairs I jumped up and bolted for the kitchen.  

As it turns out they had been up for quite a while there was bacon on the stove and pancakes on the skillet.

Mom: “Morning sweetheart, how did you sleep?”

I glanced at my reflection in the stainless steel refrigerator, I still had the bug eye expression  that suggested I couldn’t blink.

Cornelius: “Holy sh..”

Dad: “Cornelius Abraham Jones.”

C: “Look at her face!”

That made my dad curious, and as soon as he seen my face his eyes mirrored mine.

Dad: “Random…. Is there something you want to tell us?”

Mom: “It’s fine she just got caught in the tail end of a triple dog dare.”

Dad: “That consisted of what?”

ME: “Christie dared me to eat all of the pixie sticks last night.”

C: “Mom bought like a hundred of them!”

I tried to give him the ‘Thank you Captain Obvious’ look but I couldn’t relax my face.

ME: “I’m sixteen, you’d think I’d be under a whole different high.”

Mom: “Not funny.”

Dad: “A little funny.”

ME: “If it’s any constellation, if this is anything like being high, I never want to be anywhere near the stuff.”

My mom then put a plate of bacon and pancakes in front of me.

Christie barreled in.

Christie: “I’m starving!”

I instantly started shoving my plate in her direction, but my mom stopped me.

Mom: “Maybe some food will soak up all the sugar running through you.”

Christie seemed to just realize the look on my face.

Christie: “Random are you alright?”

I had a mouth full of both pancakes and bacon.

ME: “Do I look alright!”

She was taken aback from my outburst.

Christie: “If it’ll make you feel better, you can dare me back.”

ME: “Christie, you have a bad heart there is no way that I would dare to any extent to this.”

She looked on the verge of tears. I jumped off of the stool and walked over to her.

ME: “It’s fine, I’ll get over it eventually. Have some breakfast.”

Here we are back in the present.  I still have a head and haven’t been able to sleep well. Classes start soon and I really hope I go back to normal.

For the love of all things random, I’m Random and I have to go because my head is spinning.

Note from Author:

------ Pixie sticks may be delicious but only in moderation. For those of you who don’t know what this is, it means: Eat less than a hundred in one setting. Please excuse Random for her lack of… randomness. Sugar highs are not pleasant, and consider this an overdose. School starts soon, just imagine what kind of damage she could do in high school.

Oh, For the Love of All Things Random, just keep reading! :D

Continuer la Lecture