My Amish Bride

Door tash07

Amy Peters had her life planned out. She had just finished college, and then she would go to college become a... Meer

My Amish Bride
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 5

3.4K 84 2
Door tash07

I knew I had to do something before dinner, I just had to. I opened my suitcase and pulled out my food bag, threw in my health supplies and a few pieces of clothes. I had to blend in with the people so I left on the dress but took my denim jacket as back up; lastly I took my phone and the charger. I got a piece of paper and wrote that,” I would miss them for everything they had done for me but I could not get married, I had no choice.”  I wrote a bit more and then with a shaky hand put it on my bed. I put on the locket mom had given me for my birthday, the one with her and dad in it and put it around my neck. With a last look at the room I made it to the wall and looked out. Thank God the house was a flat. I crawled out and dropped silently to the ground. I scrambled up and inched away till I was close to the car. I dodged behind it and then ran off in the opposite direction I had came from. I gasped and ran. PE was not my favourite class but I still get exercise to keep me at the optimal BMI. I ran and then stopped. I looked back and then walked some more. I had to get away. I saw a path through the trees and ran for it. “Gross!” I thought as my feet landed in a muddy spot. I clambered through with the shoes still intact; at least they were good for something.

                I made it to dry land and ran again. II was still running and walking some time after when I spotted an old rundown barn. I got inside. “Damn!” I thought realizing that I had no light. I sat in the corner where moonlight was pouring through a broken portion of the roof. I sat and then opened my bag. I took out pack of cheetos and nibbled on them. Mosquitoes were swarming like horsed of savages. I leaned back and spat out. One had got in my mouth. I coughed and then lay still. I could not believe I was doing this, I was running away and somehow I was hoping to find my way to my friend Maxine. She would know what to do. I mean wasn’t it illegal to marry at this age, Wait I though I’m eighteen but still I thought. I crossed my arms and lay my jacket on top of my head to ward of the mosquitoes. Somehow I managed to fall asleep. He was walking towards me, his wide brim hat and suspenders. He smiled and his tooth showed. “No!” I cried. I sat up and cried out as the darkness covered me. I grabbed at my face and then realized that it was my jacket. I sighed and took it off. I stared around me and then got up to stretch my legs. They felt cold and cramped. I gazed at the tumbling barn and then dug into my bag. I pulled out a pack of nachos my stomach was gnawing but I could not help it. I started off right after.

                I walked past several farmlands and got chased by a dog but my lunch time I was dog free but I was pain riddled. Somehow the shoes that dad had given me were not equipped for traveling and as such it was digging into my heel with every step I took. The buckle dug into my instep with every step. I moaned but still wore it. I was so stupid I did not think to bring another pair of shoes. I rested awhile under a tree and then continued my journey. I had no idea where I was but I would get to Maxine’s soon hopefully. I dragged myself until the sun began to sink in the sky. I sighed and settled under a tree. I had walked so much that I could not even think to eat instead I closed my eyes and let sleep wash over me. I awoke with the sun streaming on my face and groaned. My feet were aching like crazy but I had to go on. I crawled out of the tree and went on while snacking on a pack of potato chips. Around midday, all thoughts of running away were becoming doubts. I looked at the sun and then shook my head. I had come too far to go back now.

                By late afternoon I had sighted a satellite. I grinned. That was my first sign of hope. I only hope I could reach it before my body gave out. That satellite, I knew could only belong to someone, somewhere that had technology and that would be no way near here. I smiled and hobbled along. The bruises were blue black scars but I had to continue. I dragged my self until the satellite was closer. I could see it now. I hobbled on, eager to find help. Before I could so however my feet caught on a root and I went sailing over the ground. “No!” I cried. A pain instantly began to gnaw at my feet. Tears sprang to my eyes and I lay there unable to move my body. The cold wind bit into my leg and tore at the thin dress. I cried since that was all my eyes seemed to do. I lay down and cried.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

25.1K 570 6
Dragged away from her comfortable life, Isabelle Thompson soon finds herself in a high-end society very different from her own. As she learns to acc...
27.5K 1K 17
Gracie escapes before her abusive father forces her to enter an arranged marriage to a business man she has never met just to benefit her father's co...
389 3 11
When Sarah Miller meets Gaibe Adler for the first time, her world is turned upside down...literally. Will this conventional Amish woman choose advent...
244K 12.8K 22
One year has passed since Alec and Belle were separated from their family. Although the couple have made a home for themselves on an abandoned farm...