A Dangerous Destiny: The Pure...

By stpolishook

A struggling king, the rebel leader who would see him defeated, and a woman with the ability to sway the tide... More

A Note To Readers
Prologue
Part I: Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Part II: Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty- One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Part III: Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty- Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Six ( Assembly Part 2)
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Part Four: Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven

Chapter Forty-Five ( Assembly Part 1)

1.3K 150 48
By stpolishook

Sorry for the wait. I have been doing a lot of tinkering with this chapter to make it more impactful. Would love to hear thoughts since it has changed A LOT from the original version( and still it saddled with a bit of extra exposition at the beginning)  If the chapter has redundancies or things that don't work, let me know. It really is a rough draft of the scene;-)

Anyhoo... Recall that Fiona had told Manna she was planning to present her opinion of the Vox Populi to the Council at the next major assembly that was coming up? (this was right before Manna figured out about Alex). Well here is the meeting....

*Note that I have labeled this chapter "Forty-Five (Assembly Part 1)" This is a separate chapter from the next, but they are meant to be read in tandem thus the labeling. Hope you enjoy. 

------------------

Fiona

Not since the announcement of her pregnancy nearly fifteen years ago had Fiona felt the level of unease approaching the General Assembly as she did now. Of course the danger was not as obviously clear, yet to her mind, the stakes were just as high. If she could not gain support for her cause at the meeting today, it would be six months before she had another chance to speak with the Senmin leaders en masse to enlist their united aid in join the Vox Populi's cause. Fiona worried she didn't have that time.

The rebellion was gaining strength, but the more successful they grew, the harder it would be to hide their efforts in the shadows and Alex had been pressing  to take more decisive action against the crown. Fiona did not wish to be linked to the rebellion in true warfare unless her own people were willing to sanction it. They had to at least be made aware of the danger and understand the risks  if they were to protect themselves properly. 

She wondered too how long Alex's understanding would hold if she remained unable to offer him the aid of her people. Her tactical help and bits of information from within the royal city were useful, but she knew he wanted more. He needed more if they were to succeed. The use of Senmin merchant community in particular would be invaluable to aid to the rebel cause and Fiona was eager to enlist them in their fight, but she'd learned her lesson well before. She had determined not to encourage any among her people to aide the rebellion unless the leaders of each community were engaged as well. 

With a united effort the Senmin leadership could provide protection, alerting any who gave aid to potential dangers, but alone, those who pledged support to the Vox Populi would remain as vulnerable as those who had done so before. That could not be allowed. This time, Fiona would ensure that her people looked out for themselves not relying on the rebels alone for help. The Council needed to be in united support of a decision to join the rebels to create that network of protection and this was the first step. A chance to present her case with the knowledge others might stand in her defense.

Still, with the unfortunate discovery Manna had made in uncovering her connection with Harrison, Fiona feared that voicing her opinions on the rebellion at the Assembly would be more complicated that she had hoped.

She had not contacted or seen Manna in since their fight over a month before. Both still angry and guilty, Fiona was not relishing the chance to face her now, particularly in the presence of the full Assembly.  She relied on Manna as her greatest ally, and without her support, Fiona could not help but worry that her plan to sway the Council's collective mind against the monarchy could fall short of success. Moreover, there was the chance that Manna would use the meeting to directly oppose her. The thought was unsettling. 

Fiona knew how angry her teacher had been. While she was certain that Manna would never go as far as to reveal her involvement with Harrison outright as she had threatened to do, she would not put it past the woman to use her influence to stop Fiona from getting what she wanted out of the meeting. She found herself wishing that she had attempted to make amends with her teacher before the Assembly, but there was nothing to be done for it now. She would simply have to hope that Manna would not be so petty as to undermine her without first judging the rational arguments she intended to put forth to defend her position.

As Fiona entered the meeting hall she steeled herself, as she always did before sessions with the Council, doing her best to leave her passion checked at the door where it could not inhibit her from expressing her mind in a clear concise manner.

Manna sat in her usual place towards the back of the raised dais beside Avery, just to the left of the podium from which a speaker could address the assembly. As Fiona walked to her place at the right side of the podium all attendees stood in deference to her potion, though she noticed Manna hesitate a moment longer before rising from her seat. The message, though subtle, was clear enough. Fiona ignored the slight, walking past her teacher without even a glance in her direction.

Upon reaching her place Fiona faced the assembly and standing straight she tapped her staff on the ground twice and bowed her head. The councilmen bowed their heads in return, and all, save the Council Leader, were seated as Avery took the podium. 

"This meeting of the Elder Council is now called to order," he proclaimed.

The first half of the meeting went quickly. Representatives from various Senmin settlements throughout the Empire came forward to report on news from within their district. There was little that Fiona managed to hear. It was difficult for her to maintain focus as she attempted to simultaneously listen to the Council members and actively avoid the Elder Nita's gaze. In the end, she failed at both. The words of the councilmen words were scarcely able to reach her consciousness and her eyes continued to flit, however imperceptibly, to Manna's stoic figure. When she heard Avery speak her name Fiona feared that the slight jolt of surprise she felt through her body, nearly gave her away.

"Nita Fiona Amoral I yield the floor to you. Are there any matters you wish to put forth before the Assembly?"

As Fiona stood she cast a sideways glance in Manna's direction their eyes meeting for a brief moment as she went to take her place before the Council.

You will not stop me in making my thoughts known, she told her silently.

Manna made no acknowledgment of her words, her lined face remained set in a rigid mask of indifference. So be it, Fiona thought to herself as she turned her back on the old woman to address the rest of the council.

"Honored Council of Elders, I come before you today with the desire to discuss a matter if great importance to the future of our people. A concern for the safety of the Senmin throughout the Empire and my fear of danger that I sense from those who rule from within the walls of Auresir." She scanned the room, looking to the various men in front of her, trying to gauge their reaction to her words. She could feel a ripple of tension travel through the room.

The rest of the assembly had gone smoothly thus far. The harvest of the previous fall had been bountiful, the winter mild. Fiona knew that many were hopeful that the last six months would herald the beginning of better times for their people, yet here she stood hoping to gain their support in aligning against the Crown. It would take a considerable amount of convincing for them to consider such risk under the circumstances. But that was only because they were still ignorant of the threat.

Still, there were those among the assembled who were distrustful of the King, she reminded herself. A number of whom had already agreed to support her should the matter of alliance with the rebels be brought to a vote. As for the rest, if they could only be made to see  the danger the crown still presented for the Senmin, Fiona was certain she could gain their sympathy as well towards her cause.

"As you are well aware," she continued, "I have, at the behest of our people, met repeatedly with King Henry Philip Bastario at the behest of the Council. I did so willingly and it was my heartfelt hope that I could, in my diplomacy, bring the King to desire a favorable relationship with our people. I had hoped that Henry Bastario could be made to see the Senmin as loyal subjects with the same rights that are enjoyed by all citizenry of Erestia. It is towards that goal that I have been working tirelessly since I first obtained invitation to his Majesty's presence." She paused. "It is therefore, with the deepest regret, that I must report to you that I have become even more concerned and with the Crown's continued inability to make negotiations that might be favorable to the advancement of our people."

The whispers began to hum at her outright condemnation of the crown.

"As I have reported before, the King still refuses to recognize the crown's past indiscretions beyond the vague assertion that they were "regrettable." He makes clear no intentions to change many of the laws his forefathers put in place to oppress the Senmin and I continue to believe that his strange obsession with our people's faith is worrisome."

"Nita Fiona, is it not possible that you have been too hasty in your judgment of King Henry?" Fiona heard the Council Leader's voice interjecting from his seat, positioned next to Manna. "After all, he has been raised to believe that we consort with evil spirits, particularly the women of our kind." He gave a nod in her direction. "Time and patience are essential to gain his trust."

Fiona looked at Manna and Avery, seated together like the king and queen, feeling their judgment and a sense of the utter redundancy in her leadership. Nonetheless, she would not allow the Council Leader to make light of her concerns nor undermine her credibility.

"Forgive me Mr. Trenton, but I believe it is I who have been present at the afore mentioned negotiations, and thus, I am the only one who can claim proficiency in this particular matter. You have not met Henry. In my mind, he is not only inflexible but dangerous." She turned back towards the full council.

"With each passing audience I am granted, Henry presses me more and more on matters of magiks and the Initiate, inquiring into secrets that are forbidden in discussion outside of the Cloisters of Sithrah. Perhaps the significance of such queries are not clear to those of you who are not members of our sacred Initiate but I hope that you all can trust my judgment as your leader when I tell you that we must be weary of Henry's curiosity. In fact, I have come to believe that these purported meetings of friendship are merely attempts to gain further control of our people. To hold over us knowledge that might be used in turning the entire Empire against the Senmin.."

Again, hushed whispers. Fiona felt her confidence rising. They were listening, the gravity of her words registering in spite of Avery's attempt to dismiss her concerns.

"Moreover," she continued, "in my trips throughout Erestia as well as in the capital I hear an undercurrent of dissent brewing. The King does not have the united loyalty of the people."

"Do you speak of Harrison's rebellion?" one of the men asked from the audience.

"No," Fiona answered, "I do not refer specifically to the Vox Populi. There are in fact many who still stand in the shadows, just waiting for the chance to steal the crown from Henry's head. Unhappy countrymen, lords whose loyalty to Fredrick remains even in death, who are distrustful his son. The King may have done his best to eradicate them after the death of Cecil Dirham, but Henry's enemies remain." Fiona took a deep breath in preparation, willing herself to keep her eyes from darting towards Manna in hesitation. "Your question does, in fact, bring me to the other subject I had hoped to bring before the Council today however. I'm certain you have heard of the growing presence of the Vox Populi within the Empire."

"Indeed," Avery interrupted. "We have all heard of the minor terrorist acts perpetrated by Mr. Alexander Harrison.

"Forgive me, sir," Fiona said, turning her head to address him directly, "the fact that you, and all these men here today have heard of Harrison and his group implies that they are far more than a minor force. A rebellion that has lasted more than seventeen years? One that has survived defeat time and time again? I should think the Vox Populi's reputation speaks for itself." Avery glared at her but Fiona ignored him, once again addressing the assembly.

"In fact, honored councilmen, " she continued, "I was recently approached by Harrison himself, and been asked to aid the rebellion of the behalf of our people."

The hushed whispers became louder now, some erupting into shouts, mostly angry.

"How dare they!"

"That they could even think to ask the Senmin for aid after what they did."

"They are dangerous!"

You are losing them.

Fiona heard Manna's voice in her head. She ignored her.

Fiona rapped the end of her staff onto the ground to command the room once again. "Gentleman, I ask that you hear my report before making comment. What I have to say is important." The voices slowly muted back to a low whisper and then were silent. "As I was saying, the Vox Populi has approached me and asked for an audience. I have watched their group with interest since their reformation under Harrison's command, but hesitated to gain too much hope in their success.

In spite of the fact I have come to see Henry as an inopportune ruler I did not believe the Vox Populi a viable alternative and was aware how reticent our leadership would be in trusting the rebels again. I knew that all would fear to even speak on the matter least even our mere words incriminate the Senmin in the eyes of the crown as they did in the past. I tell you now however that the time for such fear is over. Henry is vulnerable. Far more so than it may appear. If ever there was a time for action it is now."

From the front of the hall, where the members of the Seven were seated, Fiona saw Caleb raise his hand slightly.

"The Council recognizes Mr. Blackwell." She said, feeling a slight shiver of discomfort crawling along her skin. She wondered if Manna had divulged her secret to the man already. Might they both align against her, quashing her arguments before she could gain traction among the other members of Council?

"Nita Amoral," Caleb said as he stood. "In listening to your counsel that the Vox Populi might prove valuable allies I find myself filled with many questions. I have only served on this Council for a few years now, but my memory reaches quite a bit further, as I'm sure it does for all those assembled here today. We are none of us young after all," he said with a grin.

There were a few chuckles at his good-natured joke.

"Your point Mr. Blackwell?" Fiona asked, realizing that her voice sounded harsher than she had intended. Caleb was a friend, she reminded herself. A member of the Seven perhaps, but an alley she could not afford to lose. Particularly if he still remained ignorant of her surreptitious involvement with Harrison. She was grateful when his tone remained calm and respectful.

"The consequences of Senmin flirtation with the rebels fifteen years ago was devastating, and we did not even commit the entirety of our leadership to their cause. Two men was all it took for us to lose so very much.

As I remember it, the Vox Populi were quite eager for our help, but slow to reciprocate aid when Fredrick retaliated against their Senmin comrades. I mean not to question your judgment Nita Amoral, only to understand what, in your mind, has changed to cause us to again engage in discourse with the Vox Populi?"

"I am glad for your question Mr. Blackwell," Fiona answered, allowing her face to relax into a smile. "I am not so young that my recollection of the aforementioned events are not indelibly burned within my memory. The losses we faced in the wake of Fredrick's retributive actions were indeed catastrophic. Involvement with the rebels nearly cost us everything and, at the time, my feelings towards the Vox Populi for the harm they had caused us, at the bigotry and cowardice they showed towards the senmin, was bitter. I had vowed never again to trust those who falsely called themselves the "voice of the people."

She could feel the room staring at her, some hanging on her words with hope, others crossing their arms and sending waves of contempt. From beside her, she could sense Manna's wordless judgment.

"You asked what has changed," she continued, "and the question is a fair one. I can tell you only this, the players in this game are entirely different than those you knew in the past. The former leader of the Vox Populi was a man of limited vision. His views of the world were narrow, and he carried with him true fear and prejudice towards our people. The current head of the rebellion however is a man that I believe we can trust.

Moreover, if we are willing to commit ourselves fully to the cause, amongst our own people we can provide adequate protection for any who agree to offer services to the rebels. The few who aided the Vox Populi in the past were entirely alone, with no support from our people and no assurances of safety from the rebels. I assure you such a situation is not one I will permit again. We have learned from the past Mr. Blackwell. That is what has changed. Neither we, nor the rebels will make the same mistakes again."

"And on what exactly do you base this trust of Alexander Harrison you speak of?" Avery asking mockingly.

"Throughout the Empire there are many who think highly of the rebel leader," Fiona answered, ignoring the Council Leader's tone. "Harrison is a man of intelligence and vision and has the reputation of being so. More than ever before there are those who speculate that it is only a matter of time before the group gains the support necessary to make a direct attack on the crown. But more important than rumors," she continued, "I know Alexander personally."

Fiona held her breath expecting the room to explode in anger, but instead, there was virtually no sound to be heard, as if the looks of shock were so loud as to drown out all else.

"It was some time ago that I met him," she continued, taking advantage of what was no doubt, only a momentary silence. "When he was still serving under Plath's rebellion. After some of Fredrick's more aggressive acts against the Senmin living in the Capitol, I, like many others among our people was drawn to the idea of forging an allegiance with the rebels and ending the tyrannical king's rule. When our paths happened to cross, I agreed to speak with him. As the leader of our people I felt it my duty to do so and make an assessment of their leadership." Still silence. Fiona heard her heart thudding at a slow steady pace, her body tense, waiting for the room to turn against her.

"Though I became soured towards the Vox Populi, I never had reason to distrust Mr. Harrison. In the short time I knew him, I always judged him to be a good and honest man, and not once did I suspect that he had any real prejudice towards the Senmin. It was Plath's betrayal that brought us low. Alexander is one we can trust."

"But that was years ago."

She looked wearily forward to confront Ralph Perthy. She had wondered when one of Avery's allies among The Seven would speak up in protest.

"As you yourself stated, Nita Amoral, much has changed. How do you know you can still trust Harrison?"

"Well said Mr. Perthy," Avery chimed in. "Unless of course you have had more contact with him recently?" His voice carried a clear note of accusation. "But of course, you would not have engaged in such discourse without our consent." He gave Fiona a sharp look, and though she met his gaze unflinching, Fiona felt her heart pounding.

"Of course not." She lied, not daring to look at her teacher right beside him.

"Other than his correspondence asking for our help, you are correct. It has been long since we last spoke directly." She waited. Would Manna betray her? She knew how unlikely it was, but she had been angry. In the end however, there was no time to worry about the Elder Nita. Perthy had opened a can of worms. More members now questioned her positive view of the rebels.

"What of Mulerdale and the skirmishes of the Northerlands?"

"Fredrick nearly destroyed our people for our involvement with the rebels even after we officially distanced ourselves from them."

"The rebels were crushed. And by Henry Bastario's hand, even before he had gained the throne! We cannot risk our safety."

""It is our safety I am trying to protect," Fiona interjected. "Even if I didn't believe the King to be a threat, I tell you that I do not believe Henry will be able to hold his position. We must also remember the consequences of backing a failing monarchy in considering our options. It is true that we suffered from the betrayals of Gregory Plath, but the Senmin also suffered when we remained loyal to the Hapsben's after Philip Bastario's victory was eminent."

She could feel their fear, their uncertainty in choosing one danger for another. Fiona could empathize, she had struggled with the same questions since finding out that Harrison lived, but she had to make them understand.

"The Nita raises interesting points."

Merkin. So it seemed he would speak.

"In living so close to the Capitol, I can tell you I too have seen the new King's villainy. Henry Bastario is very much his father's son. Nothing I have seen thus far during his reign has led me to believe otherwise. And the Nita speaks the truth in her assessment of the young King's hold on the Empire.

As trading town Fenwick receives more gossip than most, and more visitors from across Erestia. The Vox Populi's popularity is only growing, and rumors abound that this time, Harrison will not fail in his goal of ending the King's life and finally toppling the Bastario reign. He has supporters. It's worth considering an alliance, inspire of our mixed past with the rebels. We must all remember it was not the Vox Populi who made us suffer directly. That was Fredrick's doing. The Bastario family has been against us since Philip. I agree with the Nita, we should fight back!"

Fiona was heartened to hear a few mutterings of agreement course through the crowd, and she could not help but feel a surge of elation course through her at the sound. She watched as the Council Leader's eyes narrowed.

"Councilor Merkin," Avery said, clearly trying to keep his tone in check. I maintain that you and Nita Amoral are not thinking rationally. We do not have the means to fight against the Crown and wage a war."

"I am not suggesting we wage war," Fiona clarified. "I am merely suggesting that blind support of the King may not be in our best interest. That aiding the rebel's in their fight could provide us a place of security in the new governance they will establish after Henry's defeat. It would not take much aide to earn their gratitude."

"Mr. Merkin," she said, addressing the man directly. "You govern one of the most profitable trading colonies in the Empire. If you were to provide their forces means to send messages to the Capitol we would be offering quite a prize to the resistance." She turned back to the assembly. "We could all provide eyes and ears to the resistance thought the Empire.  If we look out for each other we will ultimately face little risk for a potentially great reward. Gentleman, the Crown means only to manipulate us, but with the Vox Populi, we could truly gain much in obtaining their good favor and proving that we are part of the populace. That we too are of the Erestian people, willing to fight for our freedom along with our Kanjin neighbors."

Fiona paused, scanned the crowd for signs of their response as she allowed her words to sink in, head held high, effecting complete confidence. Once they understood who the players were in this struggle for the helm of Erestia they would see that it was Alex and not Henry who would prove worthy of their support. She just had to help them take that risk.

From beside her, Avery opened his mouth to speak, but Merkin's voice cut him off before he could do so.

"I myself would be proud to offer such support," the councilman answered "We have separated ourselves from the populace for too long. We should join in the struggle for a better Empire and prove ourselves. I believe the Nita should return Harrison's message. That she should meet with him and truly explore the option of supporting their cause."

More whisperings of approval. Even if none but Merkin would speak so boldly, there were clearly those who agreed with his sentiment. 

"And yet Mr. Merkin," Avery interjected, "right now we maintain favor with the King of the Empire. The rebels have not yet made any decisive action that might change Erestia's current leadership. The danger in even contacting with the rebels with a message of anything less than outright condemnation is unimaginable. If the King had ears here today and heard us speaking so we might have already marked ourselves for total annihilation. That is how perilous such talk could be, and the King has eyes everywhere. You think we could protect our people from that?"

"And you, Nita Amoral," he said, turning his accusatory tone to her directly. "You have been engaging in negotiations with Henry for more than two years now. Since before he was King. You would have us throw all of that effort away? You know the King well do you? You must know then how resourceful and intelligent he truly is. Do you truly believe you can deceive Henry so? Accepting his invitations to the palace while secretly whispering to his enemies in the shadows?"

Again Fiona cast another quick glance in Manna's direction as she faced Avery's interrogation, wondering if the woman would come to the aide of her adversary, but she remained entirely silent. Perhaps it was not support, but Fiona was grateful her teacher was willing to hold her tongue.

"I believe, Council Leader, that to tie ourselves to the Crown alone is equally as dangerous at present," Fiona answered. "It seems from the reaction of those gathered here today there are others who share my position. It is I who should have the most to fear from this potential alliance. You are correct that I would have to continue relations with the crown until the rebel's truly manage to dislodge Henry from his throne, but that is a risk I am willing to take for the sake of my people."

"But should you be unable to hide your true intentions we may face massacre at the hands of the King!" Ralph Perthy shouted.

With that final remark the room quickly erupted into a dull roar of argumentative chatter. Any semblance of order quickly lost as the men in the room began to quarrel amongst themselves, no longer bothering with the rules of conduct they ought have abided. Fiona did nothing to stop it, trying to train her ears to focus through the dim, picking out what she could of the councilmen's unruly discourse.

"Gentlemen!" Avery's voice rang out through the hall as he stood and joined Fiona in front of the Assembly. "I ask for your attention. We must not resort to such quarreling!" The dull roar faded at the Council Leader's command.

"What the Nita has brought before us would require a radical decision on the part of the Council that must not be taken lightly. From the collective reaction today it appears this is an issue that requires further time to investigate with the utmost caution. I ask that all return to their respective communities and consult with any others you believe might offer relevant input the Council should hear. Those who can will reconvene here in one months time to present their findings and those who cannot attend may send a messenger or proxy in their stead to make their opinion known. Will you agree Nita Amoral?"

Fiona hoped the smile she felt spreading across her lip was not visible to the Council Leader as she nodded her head permissively. There was no question why Avery was eager to bring the discussion to a close. She had proven there was more support for her proposal than he thought. From the first time she mentioned the Vox Populi to the Seven Avery had been entirely dismissive. He could not be so anymore.

"I thank the Council for hearing my cause," she said, addressing the room once again. "Know that I am very willing to speak more on the matter with any who wish to question me further before making their final decision." She bowed her head and returned to her seat as Avery Trenton retook the podium, still seemingly flustered by the unexpected outcome of the meeting. Still, he regained his composure quickly enough.

"If there is no other business to discuss?" he asked, pausing momentarily. None spoke. It was clear that the proposal Fiona had raised was enough to ponder without raising any further issues. "Then I will call this meeting to a close. We will agree to the Nita's request to reconvene in four weeks to settle the matters discussed here today. I ask that all members of council present their decision to me before then, in person or by messenger. As always, I thank you all for your time."

So that went relatively well for Fiona...What did you think of her arguments here? Of Merkin's comments? Good think Manna didn't say anything to reveal how much Fiona has already engaged with the Vox Populi. There are people who seem inclined to consider Fiona's point of view on the issue at hand, but still, no question there will also continue to be dissent. And what about Avery...Since this chapter ran long I am releasing the next piece as a separate chapter, but the follow up to this meeting will come there. Separated them due to length ( and that is the way I had it in the original draft since the scene that follows IS separate from the meeting itself.) It will be posted shortly....;-)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

803 118 8
In a realm of fate and fae, Orion has always been destined for greatness. But as the "hero" embarks on his final quest, destiny takes an unexpected t...
932 199 25
ONC Shortlister 2023! There are few rules in the Kingdom of Kadotaru, and punishment is not kind, even for the young prince who wishes he was anybody...
155 31 16
What if dreams really could come true? What if fairy tales could come true? And you will become their main character? Once a girl named Aislinn had a...
5K 110 14
*Book 3 of the Born To Burn Series* ONLY CHAPTER 1-10 ARE OPEN WE ARE OFFICIALLY ON AMAZOM KINDLE! ❤️ PLZ CONTINUE TO SUPPORT ME THERE. I ❤️EACH AND...