Never, Always (Nicholas Hoult)

By chekoli

completing now! Sometimes one person can turn your whole world upside down. In my case, it was for the better. More

Chapter 1: A Dramatic Breakup
Chapter 2: Preparations
Chapter 3: Meeting Him
Chapter 4: First Dance
Chapter 5: A Night Drive
Chapter 6: A New Friend
Chapter 7: Movie Night
Chapter 8: Little Mistakes
Chapter 9: Questions
Chapter 10: Thoughts and Questions
Chapter 11: First Date
Chapter 12: A Conversation
Chapter 13: Interrogation
Chapter 14: Inspection
Chapter 15: "Officially"
Chapter 16: Long Talk
Chapter 17: The Other Guy
Chapter 18: Worst Night Ever
Chapter 20: Rain
Chapter 21: Another Chance
Chapter 22:
Chapter 23: Fight for me
Chapter 24: Waking Up
Chapter 25: Another Adventure
chapter 26: new opportunites
chapter 27: New Opportunities

Chapter 19: "Lets get lost."

1.4K 40 4
By chekoli

Feeling extremely lazy, I decided to stay on my bed for way too many hours. I finally decided on getting up at 2:00 or so, only because I heard a knock on my door. I groaned, muttering about how people should just go away. I pulled off my bathrobe and pulled jeans and a t-shirt on. No time for style. I yanked my hair out of it's bun, still sopping, and just tucked it over my back. The person at the door knocked again, and I quickly called "I'm coming!" People were so impatient. Strolling over to the door, I pulled it open and nearly shrieked.

"Nicholas! You aren't supposed to be here until 3:00!"

"Oh...should I come back or something?" he said, looking embarrassed.

I bit my lip, and I noticed his eyes slip down to my lips and quickly back up. I stuttered "No, don't worry about it. I'm just not decent."

'Not decent' was the understatement of the century. I didn't have a bra on, I was wearing jeans that didn't fit me well, and a shirt that was a size too small. My makeup was probably still dripping, I may have showered but it wasn't a 'good' shower. I gave a sweet smile, wanting to kiss him but figuring he wouldn't want to. I looked like shit.

I opened my door wider, gesturing for him to come inside. He obliged, coming inside and dropping his shoes off by my front door. "I missed you babe." he murmured, turning around and leaning down to kiss my cheek. I felt my stomach tie into knots, a huge smile creeping on my face. He missed me.

"I missed you too." I murmured, wishing for a kiss but knowing he wasn't one to make out with me all the time. I was okay with that but I still wanted to, to be honest.

He chuckled. I loved how everything he did was so quiet yet made me feel like I was soaring.

"Ah...Nicholas? Can I please, like, change?"

"Oh, sure, of course!"

He took my hand, letting me lead the way to my room. "Wait outside." I commanded softly, with a cute smile on my face.

He pouted a little. "What if I want to come inside?"

"Don't be perverted."

"We're dating now, why can't I be perverted?"

"Because I'm a virgin and I'm too delicate for that. Be right out!" I quickly ran into my room, and I could hear his laughter outside my door. I knew my answer didn't make any sense, but I figured I would surprise him enough so he couldn't catch the door before I closed it. I had a feeling he already knew, and I was incredibly embarrassed about it still.

"But I've already seen you change!" he retorted, confident.

"I have to put on a bra."

"I could see that!"

I sighed, suddenly having an idea. "Fine, you can come in, just give me a second." I ran for my bathroom, grabbing some clothes from my closet and calling "You can come in now!" he opened the door, stepping inside, and saw my head poking around the door of my bathroom. Comprehension flooded his face and I couldn't help but laugh. "Guess you're not fast enough!" and he rolled his eyes, plopping down on my bed as I cackled and shut the door. I pulled my new set of clothes on, a giant royal blue sweater and a pair of black leggings. Looking in the mirror, my suspicions were confirmed. I looked ready for a Halloween party. I touched up my makeup, removing most of it and replacing it with a thin layer of lotion.

I came back out and he raised his eyebrows at me. "Cheeky." he huffed, and I sat down next to him. He took my hand, pressing a kiss to my skin and smiling at me.

"So, would you like to go out for dinner, babe?" I flinched slightly. Rob called me babe. His eyebrows furrowed and he looked at me in concern. "Something wrong?"

"No, no there's not. I'm actually not hungry."

"Oh. Would you like to stay here then."

"To be honest? Not really. Can we go out or something? Not to dinner of course, but just...out?" I was making probably the stupidest requests.

He looked at the ground, thinking. "Well...where would you want to go?"

I sighed, shrugging. "I don't know. I'm so bad at choosing these things."

"Alright, let's go." He stood up, gently pulling at me hand eagerly.

I laughed, standing. "What's your idea?"

"I don't know. Let's drive and get lost, find something. I don't mind." My smile grew to mirror his. He pulled me to his car, but I stopped, grabbing my camera.

He looked at me, somewhat puzzled. "You're into photography?"

"Ever since I was 15."

"Wow, I never knew that about you. Do you have a portfolio?" he asked, seeming interested.

I blushed slightly, murmuring "Yes, I do."

"Can you bring it?"

I looked at him, startled. "Uh, why?"

"I want to see your pictures." he said, his blue eyes bright.

"Fine. I'll bring my pictures if you model for me."

His eyes went from bright to wide. "What?!"

"You heard me." I grinned, giggling "I know you're a model as well."

"Yea, but I don't know."

"Pleeaassee?" I begged, giving him my best puppy eyes.

He raised his eyebrows at me, as if to say "Do I have to?"

"Come on." I said, going into my closet and grabbing my portfolio, film, and Fujifilm camera from my dresser. He opened the door for me and I walked through, thanking him. I slipped into my Toms as Nicholas opened the door for me again. He was so sweet, never allowing me to open doors or anything. It really was adorable.

As I was walking down my walkway, I felt hands around my legs as I was whisked into the air. I screeched, laughing as I realized Nicholas had taken me into his arms. "Nicholas!" I whined, and he mocked me by saying my name back in the same tone.

He brought my over to his car, opening the door and setting me down gently, careful to not hit my head on the door. I kissed his cheek and his eyes glowed, and I felt a warmth in my stomach, knowing my eyes were shining just as bright. I set my camera and portfolio in my lap, clicking my seatbelt into place and waiting for him to start the car. When he had finally started the car, I decided to ask him where we were going.

He just laughed. "Silly, we're going to get lost."

"Wow, that makes sense."

"You're so sarcastic."

"If I am anything I am sarcastic!" I retorted, laughter gleaming in my eyes. I flipped the visor down, checking my face quickly in the mirror. I didn't know what I was checking, but I did it anyway.

"Hey babe?" Nicholas asked, seeming cautious.

"Yes, what is it?"

"Why, uh, why do you wear makeup?"

I bit my lip, sucking in a breath and feeling my eyebrows shoot up and down. "Well that's complicated."

"We've got time, we're currently trying to get lost, remember?"

I shrugged. "I always loved makeup. I always got into my mother's makeup bag. Then when I started doing theatre, I would use my makeup daily. I'm quite good at it. Then when I turned 12 or so, I realized that I wasn't the prettiest flower in the garden. I bought much more makeup, and now I've got a collection. I mean, it just helps me feel more confident."

He looked thoughtfully at the road. "You don't think you're beautiful?"

"Babe, let's no-"

"No." he drove the car to the side of the highway and I squeaked. He opened his door and walked around the car until he was at my side. I hoped he wasn't angry, he seemed it. But when he unlocked my door and opened it his eyes were soft. Thank God. He held his hand out for mine and I took it reluctantly. Pulling me out of the car, he stood me in front of him and took my face in his hands and kissed me. Full on. "You're beautiful." he whispered when he separated from me.

"Nicholas..."

"No. Stop. Whoever told you that you weren't is a liar. You're perfect. You're the most gorgeous woman I have ever seen, and I've seen so many women, celebrities included. Your eyes and the way they sparkle, your hair and the way it flows, your lips and the way you kiss me, your nose and the way it crinkles when you don't like something, your freckles and the way they sprinkle across your nose, your skin even though it isn't flawless, your entire self. I've seen you near naked, and everything about you is perfect. You have curves, lovely hips. Your hands and the way they fit into mine, your legs and the way you cross them underneath yourself, your little feet that look so adorable when your padding across a floor. You. Are. Perfect." he murmured to me, his forehead leaning against mine.

I felt tears meet the corner of my eyes. "Nicholas, that is the most beautiful thing anyone has ever said to me."

"It's just the truth." he replied simply, his eyes searching mine to see that I had understand. I gave a smile, kissing him softly. I wished he didn't tell me that. I feel beautiful sometimes, but when I look in the mirror I just don't see what Nicholas has told me.

"Thank you." I murmured. He smiled at me, and let go of me so I can climb back into my seat. Do I really sit differently than others? I looked down, laughing softly. I do.

He starts up the car again, driving down the road and making a turn onto an exit I've never heard of.

"Whoa, where are we?" I asked, trying to think how long we've been driving.

"I don't know, we're starting to get lost!" he said excitedly, as though he has completed a portion of a puzzle.

"Success!" I laughed, and he started making random turns until I gasped and pointed "Nicholas, it's perfect!"

He pulled over to the side of the road and I jumped out before he could open the door for me, eager to start taking pictures. I checked my phone; we were on the road for a little over 30 minutes.

I had told Nicholas to stop at a forest like thing, with tall arching trees that cast shadows over the dirt floor. Little bushes sprouted at random spots, and sometimes you could see a flower or two. "Breathtaking." I said, and he wrapped his arms around my waist, adding "Not as beautiful as you." making my cheeks flush crimson.

_______________

Hello my flowers. I know, I said I'd update. I lied. Ill have another update up in three days time. Thanks!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

198K 7K 25
Life can turn upside down just in few minutes samething happened with me as well .The person whom i despised all my life turned to be my soulmate . t...
777 33 25
Emma here. Insecurities get the best of people, we all tend to have them. They tear us down and they tend to make us do things. A lucky summer day I...
2.9K 42 30
Two totally opposite people collide, literally, will he turn her life upside down? will she change? for better or for worse?
3.6K 15 22
When your life turns upside down in one day...