Chapter 6: A New Friend

My mouth dropped open, completely astonished. "How does anyone even have this much money?!" I demanded, and he chuckled.

"I've been in several movies. I think I have enough money for this. I wanted to indulge a bit, I guess." He said after a thought, scratching at the back of his neck. I laughed, pulling out of his grip gently.

My eyes observed the huge room. A giant red couch adorned with a bunch of fluffy pillows. I noticed a small puppy nestled into a bed, fast asleep.

"You have a puppy?!" I squealed, whipping around to him, a huge smile shining on my face.

He nodded, a smile on his face and something I had never seen noticeable in his eyes. Looked like... He couldn't believe I was acting so, well, fangirly.

Now I'm no fangirl. Okay I'm lying, I love Imagine Dragons and Mumford and Sons so I fangirled over them. But not the scary kind. I was currently fangirling excessively over this puppy.

The little doggy yawned, looking around. "Baby!" I squealed, running over. The dog looked up, wagging it's tail excitedly. I heard Nicholas from behind me:

"I just got him yesterday, actually. Haven't been able to come up with a name. It's a golden retriever, any name ideas?"

"Lacy!"

He laughed. "Why Lacy?"

"She's dainty!" I said, scooping her up. Yep, definitely a girl.

He nodded, shaking his head. "Whatever you'd like, sounds good to me."

I nodded, the thousand volt smile still lighting up my face. I cradled her close to my chest, and Nicholas moved to observe his huge collection of movies. Moving over to check them out, he said

"Any movie preferences?"

I saw one, sitting on a side table. "I've wanted to see this! Warm Bodies!"

I turned to him, making sure to keep a strong hold on the puppy who was squirming in my hand. He was oddly rosy in his cheeks, and I looked at the movie case. It probably had a sex scene or something and I was about to make this really awkward.

I almost smacked myself in the head. After closer observation I saw the name on the front. "Nicholas Holt..." I read out loud.

"Haha, yea."

"I still want to see it, I never got the chance to see it in theaters."

He shrugged. "If you want to."

I laughed, looking back up at him.

"Hey! I just don't like to watch myself, it's quite embarrassing." He tried to defend himself.

"Well then you're going to be embarrassed, because were watching it." I said stubbornly, sticking my tongue out.

He rolled his eyes, taking the DVD from me and went over to the huge flat screen TV, pressing a few buttons and slipping the DVD into the box. He sat on the couch, gesturing for me to join him.

I moved over to him and sat down, happy with the distance between us. It wasn't dark, it wasn't seductive. It was just comfortable. I smiled as well and Lacy snuggled into my lap, licking my hand.

____________

Guys....236 reads!

12 votes?!

I love you!

Comment with SUGGESTIONS, COMMENTS, CRITICISM, ANYTHING