The Billionaire's Awakening (...

Od MsDreamerGirl84

| Sequel to Secret Love | Previously called "The Steadfast Love." "If you are here to give me hope yet... Více

Copyright
Prologue
EBS Family Siblings
Chapter 1: Goodbye
Chapter 2: Freaking Out
Chapter 3: Hearts Set on Fire
Chapter 4: Miles Apart
Chapter 5: Fashion Week
Chapter 6: Courtship Begins
Chapter 7: The Past
Chapter 9: First Night
Chapter 10: Buried Past
Chapter 11: Haunting Past
Chapter 12: Sleepover
Chapter 13: First real date
Chapter 14: Choices
Chapter 15: Regrets
Chapter 16: Choice
Chapter 17: Request
Chapter 18: Home
Chapter 19: Bitch
Chapter 20: Clash
Chapter 21: Heartache
Dedication and Random Advertisement
Chapter 22: Stranger
Chapter 23: Job
Chapter 24: Naughty
Chapter 25: Tease
Chapter 26: Past and Present
Chapter 27: Getting Dirty
Chapter 28: Truth
Chapter 29: Taryn
Chapter 30: The Lost Son
Chapter 31: News
Chapter 32: Hypocrisy
Chapter 33: Judgement Day
Chapter 34: About Time
Chapter 35: Not so perfect family
Chapter 36: The Wedding
Chapter 37: Finale
Epilogue
Sequel (Will be a long wait)

Chapter 8: Gloomy Day

59.8K 2.1K 20
Od MsDreamerGirl84

"Each new day is a blank page in the diary of your life. The secret of success is in turning that diary into the best story you possibly can." ― Douglas Pagels

Please don't forget to VOTE, COMMENT, and FOLLOW ME, too...

..................

Third Person POV

Mailov's Mansion

"Sir, phone," Arista handed the phone to Zandros. Zandros turned the stove and gestured Arista to continue frying the omelet as he took the phone.

"Speak," he growls softly as he paces back and forth across the kitchen, with his other hand resting on his hip.

"Is it true your son is pursuing my daughter?" Demetrio's voice resonated through the speaker and Zandros' forehead furrowed in annoyance. He thought Demetrio is being dramatic.

"Yes," he simply replied.

"What's with your son and Nick's son? Why can't they leave my daughter's alone!" Demetrio hissed on the other line. Zandros could tell he was beyond exasperated. At some point, he understands his position, he felt the same way with her daughter Anzhelik when he found out about her and Max.

"Well, my son is in love with your daughter, Demetrio," he simply remarked and he heard him groaned on the other line.

"And you sent him to follow Victoria? You two are working behind my back-"

"Hey, hey, Demi, chill man. Calm your tits. You're being unreasonable, man!" Zandros laughed. Demetrio on the other line is furious. "Come on, don't you think it's time to have grandkids? If ever my son marries your daughter, then we will be officially related."

Demetrio grunted loudly. "My daughter is too young to have babies, yet," Demetrio sounded whining and Zandros chortled.

"Twenty-three is not young, Demi. Now, you're being dramatic, man. Relax. It's not like your daughter would easily give in, knowing how stubborn your daughter is," Zandros quipped matter-of-factly.

Demetrio thought he was right. He relaxes for a little bit.

"I have to warn her," Demi blurted out absentmindedly causing Zandros to laughed hard.

"Hey, don't meddle man. That's not fair," Zandros cringed realizing he sounded whiny.

"Good morning, babe," Zandros watch his wife strutted across the room and planted herself in front of him. Bringing his hand around the small of her back, he gave her a lingering kiss.

"It's Demi," he mouthed after the heated kiss.

"He better plays fair or I will kill him!" Demi groaned in resignation and Zandros chuckled.

"I will kill him myself if he tried to hurt your daughter, Demi!" Zandros injected. "I gotta go, man. I'm leaving to work soon. I will personally handle the construction of your building in England while my son is away." Zandros added on.

"Alright," Demi hang up the phone before he could.

"Morning dad, mom!" Kristos walks in and headed straight to the dining room.

"I need to leave. I have a meeting at nine, I'm already late," Zandros gave Lauren another kiss before heading for the door.

"I think you forget something, babe," Lauren stifled her laughter.

"What? The omelet is ready if that's what you're trying to say," Zandros said as he handed the phone to another helper.

"Oh, thank you, babe," Lauren grinned happily. She clasps her hands with her eyes twinkling with mirth. "Well, you look adorable with that pink apron, but I don't think it fits the place-"

"Oh, yes, right!" cutting her off as his eyes landed on the fluffy pink hello kitty apron on top of his blue crisp shirt. He untied it from his neck and waist then walk towards his wife.

"Thanks, agapi mou," he kissed her again and Lauren took the pink apron.

"Take care," she kissed him one more time before letting him go.

"I'll see you later, after my meeting," he said and Lauren watches his back as he disappeared, before joining her kids in the dining room.

......................

Vicky's POV

              XANDROUS IS long gone, yet I couldn't get the tears to stop. My chest felt lighter after spewing it all out the grudges I have kept for so long in my heart. All is left is for my sister's forgiveness.

Elle cut the connection since she left Greece. And until now, I feel guilty. I was jealous for nothing. She doesn't deserve any of it. I've done a huge damage and it will always remind me, how bad I was as a sister or a daughter. I was selfish to her and to my family.  

I wipe the tears with my fingers in a delicate manner, so not to irritate my swollen eyes all the more. Xandrous was so quiet when he left. I don't know if he will come back or not.

"Vicky," a continues rap on the door interrupted me out of my train of thoughts. "Are you alright?" Frankie sounded worried and I smiled absentmindedly.

"Yes, I'm fine," I tried to sound normal.

"Good. Can I come in?" Frankie asks and I sighed. If I won't let her in, I'm sure she won't leave me until she'll see me.

"Alright, sure," I responded in a resigning voice.

She opens the door before I could even finish my words.

"I knew something is wrong," she said as soon as she saw my swollen eyes. "What did he said to you? You look hideous!" she blurted out as she frantically shuffled towards me and perched on the bed.

"He didn't say anything. I don't know, I suddenly turned emotional," I laughed, tasting the bitterness in my tone.

"Is there anything that I need to know?" Frankie searched for my eyes and I duck my gaze. "Vicky?" she cooed.

I met her eyes and battled with myself between telling her or not.

"I know there's more than just being friends between you and Xandrous," Frankie commented. She never left my eyes and I felt cornered. She'll find out anyway, so I decided to tell her our history.

"He was my first boyfriend and broke my heart into tiny million pieces," I said without blinking, recalling our days when we are still happy. How he was so gentle to me, give in to my whims without any argument, and then all of a sudden, he broke up with me. I thought what we have will last forever. I thought he will protect me, but he was the one that caused my ruin.

"I'm sorry to hear that," Frankie stared at me sympathetically.

"Please don't give me that look, Frankie. I don't need any sympathy." I chuckled. I crawled out the bed and made my way to the washroom.

"Did he came back to apologize, or what?" Frankie followed me.

I stop in front of my sink and turn the tap on. Washing my face, I avoided to look at the mirror.

"Yes," I simply replied turning the water tap off. I grab the small towel hanging on the round metal rod near the mirror and use it to dry my face, dabbing it gently against my cheeks. I tossed the towel in the hamper sitting on one corner of the washroom near the door as I walk back towards my bed.

Frankie was still following me. "Is he courting you again?"

I turned around to face her, standing at the edge of my bed. My inner thighs touching the edge of the mattress. "Yes," I replied languidly.

"Do you still love him?" Frankie asked again.

I fell into silence.

Do I still love him?

I do, but I also hated him.

Am I?

"I guess between love and hatred. I don't know!" I sighed heavily and then turn to my bed and crawled at the middle and leaned my back against the cream high upholstered headboard. I reach for the magazine that was sitting on the side table and gave my full attention to the magazine, silently sending Frankie that I'm not interested in the topic anymore.

"He looks sincere, though," she remarks and to my dismay, she perched again on my bed, joining me in.

I put the magazine down on my lap and stared at her. "Can we talk something else?" I said lazily, and she stared at me for a while before nodding in agreement.

"Alright," she looks at me apologetically. "What about dinner? It's almost six, and that walking we planned didn't happen today," Frankie said, cocking her head slightly to the side. "I'm sorry. How about we will just walk to the nearest restaurant. It looks nice outside," she suggested and my eyes automatically darted to the glass window that encompasses the whole wall. The sky is clearing after a cloudy day, and it looks perfect to have a little walk.

"I guess we could," I smiled and placed the magazine back on the side table.

"I'll get ready now," I said and crawled out of the bed. Frankie stood up and smiled at me.

"I'll wait for you outside," she said. My eyes involuntarily landed on her clothes and she's wearing a black legging paired with oversize gray long sleeves knit like a tunic.

"Oh, you're ready," I commented and she chuckled yes.

She left my room and I sauntered towards my closet. I pulled out a blue skinny jean from the shelving where all my jeans are and then pulled a striped shirt to match it. I just tied my long wavy hair into a messy bun and then wore my black converse sneakers. I made my way to the washroom and check my face. I had swollen eyes, a little blood-shot around the irises, but nothing that a concealer couldn't hide.

I quickly put some concealer under my eyes. It wasn't as obvious as before unless you stared at it. Sighing heavily, I place the concealer back to my makeup purse and then left the room.

We are just having a dinner. I consoled myself.

Along my way, I grab my phone, wallet and slip into my small black crossbody Chanel bag and headed  towards the door.

"Let's go," I said, watching Frankie turning the TV off then picking her black Dior wrist purse from the coffee table then strutted towards me as I headed to the door.

................................

One of the Le Montmartre's waiter ushered us to a four-seater table not far from the entrance door, by the window and pulled us a chair.

"Thank you," we both said in unison.

"My pleasure," he said as he laid each one of us their menu. He stood on either side of us and Frankie, with his hands on his back. "Can I start you off with anything to drink?"

"Yes," I responded shortly, "may I have some water please," I smiled.

"I would love to have a glass of white wine, pinot grigio please," Frankie said and the waiter, who introduced himself as Adam, smiled.

"I'll give you more minutes ladies and I'll be back with your drinks," he excused himself and then headed to another table.

"He's cute," Frankie commented as soon as he's out of hearing distance.

"He's too young for you," I half chuckled and she just shrug her shoulders.

"Age doesn't matter," she responded momentarily and focus her attention to the menu in front of her. I did the same, flipping the menu absentmindedly. I don't really feel like eating.

After a while, the waiter came back with our drinks and we gave him our order. I ordered steak and Frankie were giving me an incredulous look which I just shrugged it off. I'll just go to the gym tomorrow and burn the calories out. She just ordered shrimp salad.

Not long, we were both digging. I've been depriving myself of steak so to keep my weight under 130 lbs. "You better go to the gym tomorrow, Vicky. That's a big pieced of steak," she gestured her hand towards my plate, and I grinned at her.

"I know," I nodded in agreement, grinning cheekily at her.

I quickly sliced a piece and pop it in my mouth and chew it. It's so tender and juicy. The way I like it. "It's been a while since I had one!" I sighed in satisfaction as I relish the taste of the meat in my mouth.

"You are making me jealous," Frankie whined and I chuckled.

"It is so good, Frankie. You should have ordered one. An eight ounce of steak won't make you fat in one day," I taunted and she pouted.

"The problem is, I don't have a fast metabolism unlike you," she sighed as she resumed eating her salad.

After a while, we are done eating. "I'll pay this," I said.

"No, I'll pay mine," Frankie interjected.

"You bought groceries this morning," I reminded her. "I'll pay this," I said firmly.

"Alright," she agreed finally. She stood up and fix her pants before looking at me. "I'll just go to the washroom, quickly," then she turns on her heel heading towards the washroom on the very corner.

I drank the last content of my water while waiting for the waiter to come for the bill. "Victoria?" I heard someone called me from behind. I turned my head and saw Margaux Baynes. My grade 12 roommate, back in Crawford High boarding school.

"Margaux?" I quickly stood up and meet her with a hug.

"Oh my God, I never thought I would see you again, after high school," she cried out.

I pulled myself at arm's length and examine her. "God, you look so different now. I mean, you look good!" I exclaimed. She used to have a really dark hair, but now it was blonde. She stands 5'6 if I'm not mistaken. Her green eyes sparkled. She looks so happy. A few more freckles on her cheeks and around her upturned nose. Fair skin, with thin lips.

She was wearing a black skirt complimented with white crisp buttoned down shirt, and a black suit coat that matches her skirt.

"Not as glamorous as you," she giggled and I chuckled.

"How are you doing? I saw you on TV. I've watched the fashion week show that was held in England. I was surprised to see you there, well, I mean, I'm not surprised that you can be a model, it's just that ..." She rambles and I chuckled at her reaction. I truly missed her.

"Let's seat," I said and gestured her to sit on the chair beside me.

The waiter came and I asked him for the bill. He left to take the machine after cleaning our table.

"I really missed you," she said after rambling.

"I missed you, too," I smiled. "Where are you working now?" I asked after.

"Just a few blocks from here. I work for the Reamingway Consultant Group," she beamed. "I can't believe I saw you again after, five years?" she grinned.

"Yeah," I nodded.

"You didn't change a bit," she remarks as she trained her eyes on me.

"How so?" I asked with a furrowing eyebrow.

"You still look fabulous," she giggled.

"Oh," I said. I saw Frankie coming towards us from the corner of my eyes.

My eyes averted to her as she sauntered closer. I felt Margaux eyes following me.

"Hello," Frankie smiled as she sat on the chair she vacated.

"Hi," Margaux sheepishly replied.

"Frankie, I want you to meet Margaux Baynes. She's my high school roommate." I beamed at Margaux. "Marg, this Frankie, now my roommate and we both work at Vogue." I introduced.

"It was nice to meet you, Frankie," Margaux extend her hand and Frankie took it with a broad smile. I could tell that Margaux was still shy.

She used to be a very timid and a loner until I moved in with her and in the process I help her change a bit. A lot of things happened between us in just that two years we've been roommates. She helps me a lot especially when I was in trouble, and in return, she learns to grow a backbone progressively with my company. The bullies started to avoid her when they found out she's my roommate and she started fighting them back.

"She used to be my roommate from grade 11 to 12," I informed Frankie.

"Really?"

"Yes," Margaux beamed proudly.

"That was nice," Frankie commented.

Adam came back with the machine and I paid it while Margaux and Frankie talk. As soon as I paid it, the waiter left us.

My eyes snap back to Margaux when she spoke. She looks at her wrist watch and then frantically got up from the chair. "Jeez, I'm late," she looks at us apologetically. "I'd love to sit and talk with you guys but my husband and son is waiting for me tonight. I just saw you at the window, that's why I came in to say hi," she explained in a hurry.

"We can catch up some other time, Margaux. We lived at the 10 Hanover apartment, a few blocks from here." I said and she nodded.

"It was nice seeing you again, Vicky. I'll definitely want to hang out with you, maybe sometime this week," she suggested as she pulled me for a brief hug.

"Sure, Marg. Just drop me a message. I'm still using the same number and email," I informed her and she nodded enthusiastically.

"Great," she grinned and then left.

"She seems nice," Frankie commented as soon as Margaux was out the door. We collected our stuff and left the restaurant. We walk side by side along the sidewalk as we talk. There were few night walkers who passed us by.

"Yes, she is," I replied stifling a yawn.

We cross the road and walk along the sidewalk again, side by side. The chilly breeze is starting to bite into my bare skin. My cheeks feel cold from the cold breeze kissing my cheeks. I involuntarily brought my hands around my shoulder to warm myself a little as we get closer to the building.

"God, it's getting colder!" Frankie said.

"Yes, and I hate it!" I said and my lip curled over my teeth to stifle the chill that was creeping across my skin. Why didn't I bring a jacket?

Ignoring the sound of the cars zooming past us, I quicken my pace so was Frankie. "The temperature suddenly drops, great!" she complained and I chuckled.

As soon as we reach the building, we raced to the door. Frankie reaches first the wide double door glass and pushes it open. I followed her and sighed in relief as soon as the warm air kissed my cold skin.

Shortly, we are both emerging out of the elevator and walk side by side to our room. I saw Xandrous back with his side leaning against the door and by the looks of it, he was trying to unlock his door.

"Is he alright?" Frankie asks as she walks ahead of me and my pace slowed down with my eyes trained on him.

"Hey, Xandrous," Frankie called out as soon as she's close to him. I stop a good meter away and watch them.

"Oh, hey," he turned and staggered, his hand flew to the knob of the door seeking for support, dropping the keys on the floor. I could tell, he's drunk.

"I'll get it," Frankie volunteered as she crouch down and pick up the keys.

Xandrous eyes averted to me and he grinned sexily. My heart suddenly turns into knots. I'm starting to hyperventilate inside.

I walk closer to them, pasting an impassive look. "Hey," he said as soon as I got closer.

"Here, help him, Vicky." Frankie placed the key on my palm then quickly walk to our door. My eyes lingered on the key on my palm before realizing what was going on.

"Wait, Frankie," I stop her, but she already opened our door and winks at me before disappearing inside.

"You're drunk," I said the obvious and he just chuckled boyishly. My heart leaped a bit at how carefree he is. Avoiding his eyes, I gestured him to moved aside so I can unlock his door. He moves to my side and I could literally smell him.

I quickly open the door and gave him the key. "Here," I said, dangling the key in front of him.

He took it but then drop it again. "Oops, sorry," he chuckled and I rolled my eyes. Grudgingly, I pick up the key and slap it in his palm.

"Are you mad?" he drawled huskily. His breath kissing my cheeks. I just realized he's looming over me. The smell of alcohol mixed with his natural breath smells so sexy.

"No, I'm not. And why are you drunk?" I asked, craning my head up so I could meet his eyes.

"Because I was an asshole!" he chuckled.

I shook my head in disbelief. "Get in, Xandrous," I said. I don't want to start it again.

"Can you accompany me for a bit, it's lonely in there," he mused, staring at me deeply. He tried to step back, but he staggered and almost fell on his back if he didn't reach for the doorframe. I just realized he was really drunk. My hands involuntarily reach for him and help him still.

"Let's go, you need to sleep now," I said and help him in.

He curled his hand around my shoulder and I hold him by his waist as I help him in. "I wish I could travel back in time, and rectify everything," he said as I led him inside. The design of the room is the same as ours.

"Which one is your room?" I asked.

"The left room," he said. Our body touching each other triggered a shudder that rushes down my spine. I ignored the familiar feeling as we headed to his room.

His room is as big as mine. The design looks almost the same except the color of the bed, the upholstered headrest, the curtain, and furniture inside. It looks more manly with only black and white.

It reminds me of his room back in Greece where I gave up my virginity. I shook the memories off before it gets the best of me.

..............................

A/N: I'm sorry for the slow updates guys. This chapter is a little slow. I hope you will all like it.

I hope you will continue to support Vicky and Xandrous' love story.

Thank you!

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

285K 8K 36
The journey of two people...ex-best friends if I may add I guess wanting to keep your reputation and pride intact in front of others costs you someth...
72.2K 2.5K 35
I met a girl six years back. She was everything I thought I never wanted. But how incredibly wrong was I? But one day she left. Just like that. For a...
5.8K 291 23
Their families are friends but they hate each other. He thinks her is an immature , stubborn , and spoiled girl with childish behaviour . And she t...
1.9M 58.2K 60
[COMPLETED] [Hightest Ranking #3, From 3rd to 6th September 2016] She was an epitome of strength, though afraid of people leaving her, she built wall...