In Ruins (Dramione FF)

By IWearSneakers

((GOING THROUGH A REWRITE - BE PREPARED FOR CONFUSING TIME SKIPS AND POV CHANGES)) The war is over and our h... More

Note to Readers
The Hogwarts Express
Head Prefects
The Arrival
Dumbledore's Portrait
Yasmin Deneuve
First Day
The Quidditch Trials
Professor Trelawney's Prediction
The Library
You're Safe With Me
Betrayal
The Slug Club Party
Truth and Lies
Lonely
Like A Kid
Fixing The Wrongs
Fake Friends
Unveiling the Liars
Dumbledore's Plan
Christmas Break
The Battle Of Hogwarts
First Date
Responses
London
How could you do this?
The Trials
Beatings
The Portkey
The Return
Draco Malfoy
The Final Battle
The Wedding
Random Shiznick!!!!

Hogsmeade

53.9K 1.1K 621
By IWearSneakers

<------------------------------------------------------- Vote because I couldn't keep them apart long XXD

"You can't do this Harry! It's entirely unfair on Ginny." I retorted angrily pushing him roughly against a wall as I yelled at him. 

How could something so ridiculously stupid have entered his head? It was just unjust to do this to Ginny after everything she had been through to get him. 

"But Hermione-" 

"I won't let you. I'll tell her then she'll never leave you alone!" I threatened, the anger rose inside of me as I drew my wand from my robes from him. "Don't even dare." 

It had been just a few weeks since Draco and I had had our fight in the Forbidden Forest. I felt sad, constantly, when I saw him walking alone between his classes or when we were sat together in the common room and the tension in the air begged me to break through its strong barrier. 

We hadn't made up. 

We hadn't even spoken since that day. 

If anything could top that feeling Fred had given me when he had said that, this did. The feeling that I still loved him but I had pushed him away so harshly, and without any valid reason, so that we had now we were like this: no talking, no speaking. 

It didn't feel right. 

In fact it felt so wrong but I didn't do anything about it, the nerves that Drake would decline if I begged him forgive me boiled inside of me, spiting me. 

Then Harry had come to ask my advice on how it was best to break up with Ginny. He was afraid that she would get killed if he stayed out with her, the Death Eaters would go after with her to get to him. He was terrified that something would happen. Something really bad, as if he could feel it in his chest. 

I couldn't let Ginny go through what I was going through, I knew they would regret it afterwards. 

"I'm only hurting her Hermione." 

"And I'm sure she'd prefer that to losing you again." 

"Is that what Malfoy said when you ended it with him?" I gasped. Harry glared back at me with determined eyes filled with power as I felt the tears strike me again. I bit them back as I retorted. 

"It wasn't like this." 

"So you didn't break up with him to protect him?" 

"No." 

"Then why won't you tell us? Help us understand why you suddenly won't talk to each other. Something happened that night, something so bad that it's turned you into this." Harry waved at me dramatically and I ducked my head. 

I hadn't told them, I couldn't tell them that I had used the stone to see Fred. I couldn't tell them what Fred had told me. They'd be ashamed to say the least, ashamed of my incapability to avoid the spell of the stone. 

"What do you mean?" 

"You're not you anymore." Harry sighed. "I admit you and Draco wasn't an ideal situation for anyone but you were happy with him and when you're like this... I'd prefer the Hermione-Draco team to the new you." 

"This is completely beside the point; we were talking about you breaking up with Ginny-" 

"But it’s true isn't it." 

"I-." 

"Hermione go and fix things before it's too late." 

I heard the footfalls and I pushed away from Harry, but not quick enough as was apparent when I saw Draco's face as he marched away back down the corridor. 

He couldn't really think... But the look on his face told it all. He though me and Harry were together. 

What have I done? 

"Go on." Harry whispered. 

"We'll resume this later." I said seriously. 

Tossing caution to the wind, I took chase after Draco down the corridor. Skidding around the corridor, I barrelled straight into his back, sending me and him flying. 

I landed on top of him and his arms instinctively closed around my waist holding me there. 

"Draco-." I started but he pushed me away. 

"I don't want to know Granger." Getting to his feet, he dusted himself off as he walked away. 

Yelping, I scrambled after him. 

"Stop right there!" I shrieked grasping his arm and holding on tight. 

"What do you want now Hermione? To break my heart again or to tear it into even smaller pieces than you have already done?" Draco sneered. After glancing around, He dragged me into a classroom and slammed the door behind him as he turned on me. 

I could feel my heart racing with excitement at the thought of Draco doing all this to prove just how much he loved me. 

He still cared. 

"I couldn't prepare myself for my Father's trial, just the thought that you were meant to be there with me!" I gasped again and Draco used that to his advantage."Forget did you? That just proves how you felt about me; don't bother trying to run back now that you discovered Saint Potter won't choose you over his precious Weasel girlfriend." 

"Draco, I swear-" 

"I'm not interested anymore Hermione. We're over." 

Now I knew how he had felt when I had dumped him. 

"No Draco, I won't let you." I promised grabbing his hands with mine as I drew near him. 

"I was stupid and I feel so bad for that now. I didn't realise how much you meant to me until I lost you and now standing here I know just how much I want you, how much I need you, to be stood there by my side. 

"I should never have let Fred get to me and if he knew the whole thing, I'm sure he would have agreed with us but even if he didn't I know that I can't go another day without you. 

"I love you Drake and I never stopped." I finished. 

Draco didn't reply for what felt like a lifetime but was probably only a few minutes. I had put my whole heart on the line and I had never expected to feel like this for a Malfoy. 

For Draco. 

"I still love you Mione." Carefully, he lowered his lips to mine and as he caught my Tongue in his mouth I felt the memories of our nights together returning to me all at once. 

I regretfully pulled away before the kiss could deepen and I hooked my hand around the edge of his shirt pulling me closer to him. 

"I'm sorry." I said sorrowfully. "Can you ever forgive me?" 

"I forgave you immediately." He kissed me again, trapping me between the wall and his body. I felt his fingers grab mine and a cold band slid onto one of them. Lifting my hand, I admired the little gold and green ring that had been slid upon mine. 

"Now you know I'll always love you." Draco explained, running a hand over my hair and I crumpled under his touch. "The ring will stay green as long as I love you and will turn black when I don't - not that it ever will." 

"Is it weird that black's suddenly my least favourite colour?" I joked. 

"No, that's one more thing we have in common." He smirked and I couldn't help but smile back as the grin played across his lips as his eyes glittered with joy. 

Love, it could do this to people. 

A week later and February the 14th descended upon the students at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The holiday season was not liked by many, but that didn't stop students and some teachers from going out if their way to make everything more exciting. 

Professor McGonagall showed them all how to make a variety of heartfelt gifts for loved ones, while Professor Trelawney told everyone that would listen that she saw romance blossoming in the unlikeliest of places. 

The castle was decorated to impress with gnomes running around dressed in pink dresses and wings as they played the roles of Cupid, delivering love letters and flowers from student to student. Some anonymous and some not. 

"This is going to be great." Ginny squealed at breakfast. Harry clapped a hand around her shoulders while I shuffled further into Drake's arms. Only Ron seemed sad and I knew it was hardest for him, especially after Yasmin had betrayed him. 

"It's only a trip to Hogsmeade." Ron snapped. Ginny opened her mouth to respond but we all shot her such a look that she closed it again obediently. 

"Well I suppose it will be fun." Harry inputted. Ron let out a snort. None of us cared to comment. 

As the bell rang signalling that it was time to all meet up to create a list for who would be going. Although we were being as nice as we could to Ron, he seemed determined to make this day as bad as he could for everyone else to make himself feel better. 

I knew that this was going to be a good day, despite Ron; I was going to make it a good day, I owed that much to Draco. 

We walked down to Hogsmeade, all five of us together. Harry and Ginny walked side by side, behind them Draco and I walked hand in hand and behind us Ron walked sullenly. He hadn't said a word since we had set off. I guess it was hard for him, seeing all these couples walking together romantically and clearly not knowing how to feel now that Yasmin had messed around with his feelings, causing him more distress and pain that he had ever felt. 

I could say that we were a happy troop of friends gratefully enjoying our valentine's day free of lessons, but I'd be lying. In fact the throng of tension that hung in the air around us gripped dangerously tight onto our bodies as we made our way to Hogsmeade. 

We trudged up the White snow-banked roads as we followed the road to Hogsmeade. Icy cold air howled around us as it nipped at whatever revealed skin of our shivering bodies that it could get at that were not covered. Pulling my coat up higher, I tried uselessly to warm myself up further. 

A few minutes later and we had reached Hogsmeade; traipsing down the main street, which was surprisingly clear of snow, we made a pit stop at The Three Broomsticks to allow ourselves to warm up. As soon as we had entered the tavern, the toasty-warm air struck us making our bodies shiver happily as it was engulfed by the warmth coming from a log fire placed next to the doorway. Drake split off from us immediately to go get some drinks where as Harry, Ron, Ginny and I crossed the room to our usual table and took a seat. 

"It's really cold!" Ginny complained as she nudged closer into Harry, resting her head against his chest. They really were cute together. 

"Oh please stop it." Ron pleaded as he turned to look across the room at Madam Rosmerta, the pretty bar tender that he had liked for a while now. 

She didn't have a look at him though; she was too focused flirting with the blond at the bar. A very friendly blond man that just happens to be my boyfriend. I glared at them waiting for Draco to turn around and come back once he had got the drinks. He didn't, he stayed to chat. 

"Grow up Ronald." I interrupted, "Ginny and Harry are allowed to do things like this, and they are in a relationship." 

"I wouldn't know; my relationship was based on a lie." Ron sneered unhappily. I shook my head at his childishness as Drake appeared followed by Rosmerta who was carrying a tray of drinks. 

"Firewhisky for t'e five of yah." Rosmerta cooed lowering the tray to the table. Taking all the bottles off, she winked at Draco before walking away. I tightened my grip on Draco's arm, almost daring her to try something else. 

Draco laughed at me. 

"Nothing like a Firewhisky to make everything better," Drake joked teasingly. 

"Well you would know that, considering your little problem." Ron retorted angrily making me flinch. Not everyone knew that Draco's dad had been an alcoholic, few did, but Mr. Weasley had found out and had been complaining to his wife one night when Ron overheard. By the next day all of the Weasley's and their friends knew. 

It wasn't hard for the secret to get out. 

Harry grabbed his arm and hissed in his ear, a ferocious look on his face when he pulled away. 

"At least I'm not alone on Valentine's Day Weasel." Drake snorted. 

Slapping him on the arm, I shot him a glare as I slid out of his grip reminding him just how close he'd been to being like Ron. 

The silence that descended was almost immediately broken by yells from the other side of the room. We all turned to see Lavender and Seamus arguing about something. The couple had been together for about three months now and this was their anniversary day. Lavender had been ecstatic this morning, telling all the girls in our dorm room that it was going to be an amazing day with her boyfriend. 

Now she didn't look so happy. She looked like she had when Ron had broken up with her the year before last. Her face was contorted in a mask of pain and sadness. Her eyes glistened through the tears arching down her face. 

"Seamus! Why on Valentine's Day?" She whined gripping on the edge of the table for support. 

"Because I want to be with the one I love on Valentine's Day." Seamus replied simply. 

"Don't you love me?" She looked up at him, her large brown eyes looked even bigger with the desperation she was feeling. 

"Not for a long time." He got to his feet and walked away leaving her to dissolve into another fit of tears. I felt bad for witnessing what should have been a private break up. I felt sorry for Lavender how could Seamus just break up with her like that. 

"Go talk to her." Harry suggested hastily, nudging Ron in the side. "Re-bound guy." 

Ron looked around at us all. Discombobulated, he got to his feet and made his way over to Lavender's table. He knelt down before her cupping her chin with his hand as he whispered to her. Eventually she moved up and allowed him to sit down next to her. I smiled as I let Drake drag me back into his embrace, now everything was great. 

(I was going to stop here but seeing as I'm a day late I thought I may as well continue (; plus it'd be really short otherwise). 

Twenty minutes later and we were leaving The Three Broomsticks as a six, rather than a five. Making our way back down the street, we walked into Jonko's Joke Shop to let Ron and Harry have a chance to buy some more supplies for the upcoming school year. Personally I hated the idea of using anything from this shop. It was all likely to be dangerous and, it has to be said, George and Fred's shop sold much better merchandise for a cheaper price. I shut my eyes as pictures of Fred engulfed my brain again and when I opened them, Harry was giving me a weird look. 

All of a sudden, I was being dragged away from the rest of the group to admire some boxes of stink bombs. It was then that Harry turned on me. 

"You used it didn't you, the ring." Harry insinuated. 

I didn't lie to him, there was no point lying to him. He would know. 

"I had to Harry; I thought that if I brought them all back..." I didn't finish my sentence but let Harry pull me into a hug. 

"Hermione I told you it wasn't the same, I tried to warn you." He mumbled into my shoulder. I rested my head on his shoulder as he held me softly. 

"I'm sorry, I did listen to you but then I had it in my hand and I couldn't resist it." I whispered. 

"Who did you call back?" Harry asked. 

"Tonks, Lupin, Dumbledore and... Fred." I said finally. I tightened my grip on Harry's shoulders as I said Fred's name. Just the mention of his name sent my body in to volts of discomfort. 

"What did they say to you?" 

"He.... Fred told me that he was ashamed of me, he was angry because I went out with Drake and, I thought that he was right so..." 

"So you broke up with him." Harry confirmed. I nodded unhappily. "What made you go back out with him?" 

"Well apart from you telling me to," I joked. "I called Dumbledore back and he told me to follow my heart not my friends. But knowing that you preferred me when I was going out with Drake was a great motivation." 

Harry laughed, ruffling my hair as he led me back to the others. 

"I forgive you by the way." Harry muttered just before we reached the others. I smiled at him reassuringly before slipping back into Draco's arms.

 "Where have you been?" Drake asked as we walked out of Zonkos.

"I was just talking to Harry for a moment." I replied, unsure whether to tell him what we had been talking about. But just looking at him, I knew that I should tell him because of what I had done to him in the last few weeks. "I was telling him about Fred and how I ended us because it him."

"That's why you ended us?" Drakes gasped, "I thought that u had done something wrong. I felt terrible, thinking that I had done something to hurt you all this time."

"No Draco, you've never done anything wrong." I exclaimed, "Fred just made me feel horrible for going out with you and I didn't know what to think when he reminded me of how we'd all felt of you before us. It made me realise how many people I was hurting by going out with you and I believed him."

Draco tightened his grip around me as he dropped a kiss down on my lips.

"I forgive you." He whispered. We were broken apart by a loud yell from the front door of a shop a few shops down the street.

"Ronnykins!" George hollered at us as he ran down the street towards where we were all stood. That was impossible, both twins in the space of just a few days!

"I told you never to call me that in public!" Ron snapped, nudging him harshly in the arm as Lavender burst into laughter clutching her side.

"Just trying to please the girls." George casually winked at Lavender and me and blinked, and then again, slowly as if he could not believe his eyes. "They weren't joking when they said that you and Malfoy had gotten together."

"And you're fine with that?" I asked nervously.

"If you love him and he treats you right, then... Yes I guess I am." George confirmed. I couldn't stop myself from smiling; if George agreed then Fred would have surely agreed also. Maybe it had just been the shock of Fred finding out when he did or the way he did.

"Thank you." I Said.

"So what are you all doing in Hogsmeade on your day out?" George asked mockingly, "Shouldn't you be out enjoying yourselves somewhere?"

"We are out enjoying ourselves." Harry pointed out bemusedly.

"But I would have thought that you would have gone somewhere fun, like Hawaii." George said shocked.

"What are you on about?" Ron interrupted.

"Fred and I used to do it all the time, the school let you come down here but they can't tell where you go. We would just apparate out and go visit the sites or work on Weasley's Wizard Wheezes." George informed us. His eyes glazed over as memories of Fred invaded his thoughts.

"That's genius George." I complimented.

"It was Fred's idea really."

"What are you even doing here?" Ginny asked suddenly, not intending to be rude.

"I was coming to see about that Hogsmeade branch for the shop, it was the last thing Fred wanted to do before..." He stopped again and we all waited patiently while he took a few deep breaths. "It's strange being back here without him, we did everything together but I'm sure he would have wanted me to do this, especially now."

"That's really nice George." I comforted and he managed to slip a weak grin back on his face.

"And the Order heard about the fight, what were they after?" We all dropped our gazes as Harry lied about what we knew.

"We don't know."

"I know that's not true." George exclaimed indignantly, "I practically grew up with you all and I know where He's involved you three are right in the middle of it." He pointed at Harry, Ron and I before turning to Ginny and Draco. "And you two aren't far behind."

"It's the resurrection stone." Draco said flinching as we all turned to glare at him. "We shouldn't have to lie and if this 'order' can help us then I'd really appreciate it."

"But the resurrection stone is just a myth, from a story." George laughed.

"It's real." Ginny said.

"We've used it." I admitted.

"I'm wearing it." Harry confessed earning him shocked looks from the rest of us, "I didn't think that it would be safe left at Hogwarts so I brought it with me."

"Not safe at Hogwarts? Are you bluddy mad?" Ron garbled.

"Can I see it?" George asked. Although he seemed scared, I could see the eagerness behind his eyes and I knew what he was going to do.

"Don't George." I warned him. Stepping forwards, I took his hands in mine and forced him to look into my eyes. "If we give it to you, don't use it. Whatever happens, don't use it."

His eyes pleaded with mine but I held my ground and eventually he cracked.

"Okay but can I...?"

Harry pulled the ring off of his finger and passed it to George who looked at it in wonder. He held it up to the dim light as he tried to see the symbol before lowering it.

"Here." He tried to pass it back but Harry refused.

"Take it to the order, I'll feel better if I know it's safe with you." Harry promised.

"Just don't use it." I reminded him, "Trust me it won't be the same."

"Thanks guys." George said, "Enjoy the rest of your day."

He gave Ginny a quick hug before striding away back down the village. We watched him go before Ginny turned to the rest of us eagerly.

"Where should we go?"

"You can't actually be thinking of leaving Hogsmeade." I gasped shocked.

"Come one Hermione, it'll be fun." Ron cheered a beaming smile on his face.

"We could go to London! It would be perfect on Valentine's Day!" Lavender squealed with joy.

Just seeing how happy they all looked at the chance to do something like this made my Walls break down and my moral cave.

"Let's do it." I grinned as they began to cheer.

We all joined our hands as our eyes met across our small circle. This was it.

"Wait a minute what's that?" Ron, who was stood on my right, growled. I looked at him to see him staring down at my hand and there, on my finger, was the ring off Draco. 

Without thinking, I quickly turned on the spot and I dragged them all with me as I apparated to London.

****

So guys, 12 pages, 4000 words later on Word and we get to here.... Already started the next chapter which will be updated in three days time!

Thank you so much everyone who commented on that Fremione fan fiction for me (I love you misha177 and mjgpotterhead713 for all their help and thank you FredWeasleyismyking for writing such an epic one shot) 

Anyway back to my story!!! I hope you all enjoyed it because I really liked this chapter and it's official that I'm obssesed with this story again!! Next chapter is a shocker for those of you that don't know what's planned :/ 

And what do you know about Warner Bros releasing the Harry Potter sets to the public? Is it true, because if it is I AM THERE!!! 

Thanks for reading :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.3K 333 13
Please leave a comment and vote to let me know what you think of the story! <3 _________________________________________ Hermione and her friends re...
6.6K 116 15
AU- Voldemort wins the war, Marriage Law. Hermione thought that losing The War was one of the worst things that could happen, her mind changed after...
21.9K 509 15
WARNING: Graphic depictions of suicidal ideation, self harm, and depression The battle of Hogwarts is over and students have returned to finish their...
25.4K 681 28
COMPLETED Harry, Hermione, Draco, Neville, Fred, Luna, Ginny and many more students return to Hogwarts for the completion of their seventh year after...