W O N D E R L E S S | PTV

By r_drzl

~Twisty Spinoff to Bulls In the Bronx~ Ecstasy, a college student, and single daughter of Mr. & Mrs. Willman... More

W O N D E R L E S S (Spinoff to Bulls In The Bronx)
Chapter 2 - Livin' With a Stake On My Throat
Chapter 3 - Where is Tony?
Chapter 4 - Girl On Monthly.
author's note

Chapter 1 - Help! I'm Insane

1.7K 52 11
By r_drzl

Alrighty, so this is the first chapter! hopefully you guys likey, cus I feel like this is the road I wanna head through, since the first book was more of a sweet, and this is the bad side of it, not like in bad that you won't want to read it, but more as in badass. Anywho, please vote if you like it, and let me know in the comments if you did and what are your thoughts about this story so far!

- - - - - -

c h a p t e r  1  -  H e l p !  I ' m  I n s a n e .

I remember when the world was normal. 

I remember when I would always work at night at the supermarket near my apartment and the college I attended to. My parents would be watching over me in the sky, and I would always tell them that I’m fine. If they could even hear me. I remember when I would go home and listen to my favorite bands while doing my college work. The dreams of becoming a writer, either a scripted writer, or maybe do manga. I mean, I love doing random stuff. Literally, I got diverse creativity. Not being cocky or anything, I guess I love doing a lot of stuff. Well that was me back then. I would have to worry about paying the bills in time, making sure to go to college early, going to work. But now, burdens were lifted off my back. Literally, I don’t have to worry about bills no more, getting to college or work early, but I do definitely have to worry about finding food through the wreck-edges of earth. 

And well, staying alive, of course.

But then I remember, the world wasn’t normal anymore.

-flashback-

“Ex, your shift is over. You can leave now!” Marie Anne, shouted from the mini storage room we had in the meat section, from the supermarket.

“Humph,” I smile, and take off my gloves that were stained with blood, from the remains of pigs I’ve slaughtered. This is my everyday job, I can not complain, it’s not that I am sensible when it comes to blood. Because that is not the case, the smell, or sight of blood and gore is nothing to me. It does horror me in a way, but somehow, I live with it. I mean, come on, I’ve worked at this supermarket for months now. And, since I was hired from the Meat Department, and I get payed well enough to maintain shelter and food, I’m totally fine.

“Alright Marie, see you tomorrow!” I shouted back, putting on my jacket, and grabbing my bag. 

“Kay!” She shouted back.

I smile and head out from the exit, darkness surrounding me. I glance down at my phone, and see it to be about nine sharp. The moon stood high in the sky, illuminating my path. Wind brushed past me, causing me to shiver and pull hard onto my jacket. Looking down at my phone, I walk straight, by the sidewalk. 

Since it was a mid october, it began to get chillier. And I actually prefer cold, than hot. It’s better in its own way I guess. But I could not complain, the apartment I stayed at was close to where I work, and where I go to school at. Well, College. Yep, so it makes much more sense why I work at a Supermarket. Well, not only a supermarket, but Starbucks also. I need much more money that I can get, for college of course. 

You see, I, have a tough life to go through. And well, I just... Don’t know where to start... 

But all I know is that, I am hungry.

I glance over my shoulder, seeing an open restaurant across the block. I smile, and cross the street, knowing there was a red light. As I walked towards the restaurant, I checked my phone once again.

- New Messages-

My thumb scrolls down upon my phone’s screen to see, Mariella Faning, and Evelynda Perry. I chuckle, and open the door, only for a bell to ring through the restaurant. I look up, and walk inside, heading towards an empty booth near the glass window. I sit down, and open up my bag at once, immediately seeing notebooks and pencil cases. And... as I dig through it, I stumble across a picture frame. My lips turn into a frown, noticing the picture. 

“Mom.. Dad...” I whisper, my fingers caressing the elegant gold frame.

“Hello ma’am, you ready to order?” 

I gasp and let go of the frame, it dropping back inside my bag. I look up, and smile wide, “Uh, yes, can you get me a cheese burger with french fries, and some diet coke please?” I reply, looking into the waiter’s eyes.

She nods in response, and jots it down on her small notepad thing, “Anything else?”

“Nope, thanks.” I smile, and glance back down at my bag. 

She nods, and walks away. 

I sigh, and I swear I could hear my heart pounding hard against my chest. At the corner of my eye, I look down at the open bag besides me. Probably its not best to describe in words how it feels to look at that picture frame, because I could not describe it. Maybe two little words can do; Pain, and loneliness. 

My parents had died two years ago, inside the perishing household that kept nice childhood memories. I tried to save them, but it was too late. They were perishing into their own ashes, and the house burned eventually burned down with them. No matter how many people tried to save them, either I couldn’t. And that, stayed with me ever since then. I could not count with my own hands how many times I heard ‘I’m sorry for your parents departure’ towards me. Pity, and pity, that’s what I was given. I lost contact with everyone since then, but I recovered some friends I could only trust. Family? My true family remains in their coffins in a cemetery, or are either thousands of miles away from me. 

But I wasn’t going to pursue their contentment, I decided to move along. That’s what my parents always taught me anyway. So, I started college, I had enough to pay for a year, but I decided to get jobs anyway. I needed enough to pay the rest of my years, and for food and shelter too. And since then, I remained alive. Even if it was a pain in the ass.

“Here’s your order, enjoy.” The waitress smiles and places the plate in front of me. 

As I take a bite of my hamburger, I glance at my english paper before me. My eyes squint to make out a blurred text, probably a printer failure. Now that I come to think of it, this was due this friday, and I only had two days left. I have to say, College is hard, yet it can be so easy.

After I finish my meal, I pay and leave out the restaurant. With my cellphone in hand, I  decide to text back both my friends, Evelynda Perry & Mariella Faning.

Evie: Hey Exie, I just wanted to let you know there’s gonna be a party tomorrow. Wanna come?

Marie: Yeah its so awesome dude, Bella’s excited.

I head into my apartment in the seventh floor, and unlock my door. Finally... the feeling of coming back home.. If It’s even suppose to be called my home. I lock the door behind me, and enter the small living room, and drop my bag upon the couch. Slowly, I kick my shoes off, take off my jacket, and sit down on the couch. 

“Ahhh...” I breathe out, feeling so relaxed at the comfort of the mattress. I grab my cellphone, and start texting Evie, (Evelynda’s nickname) back.

Me: I’ll see if I can, depends on what time it starts :)

And then text Marie, (Mariella’s nickname) back.

Me: Cool, I’m so looking forward to giving the 2nd album a listen. The first one was amazing :3

Feeling the need of taking a shower, I grab my towels and start blasting Guns n Roses. About fifteen (or more) minutes later, I get out the shower and dress into my batman PJ bottoms, and The Vampire Diaries t-shirt. Yeah, you should probably check out my closet. Such diversity really.

I turn on my TV, and see it being turned on to Teen Wolf, on MTV. Welp, I got nothing against werewolves. I look over my shoulder, noticing my book bag, and grab it. Yeah college, what homework you give. I dig into my bag, and take out the last homework that needed to be completed. Realizing it dealt with geometry, I let out a deep sigh. 

Suddenly my phone beeped, and I looked down to see I got a text from Marie and Evie.

Marie: Yupp, hopefully we can visit you one of these days. Hell, I feel like stoppin’ by your doorstep

Me: hey, I ain’t stoppin ya xD But not in the middle of the night dude, I am given sleep and I’m not wastin it 

Evie: Friday, at eight :)

Me: I’ll see if I can, thanks sis <3

I sigh and look down at the papers. I had a lot of work to do.

After I finished my studies, and watching Teen Wolf, and eating ice cream, I decided to go to bed after all. 

Sunrise, and I was out of bed, and taking a shower. Blasting Bon Jovi, I start getting ready by putting on my Guns N Roses cut v-neck, plaid topping it, and a green jacket paired  with dark skinny jeans and combat boots. Grabbing my bag, and my phone, I head out my apartment door. 

Arriving the front door of the huge College, I head inside the packed hallways with colleges. I take a deep breath, and exhale, this is another day. I walk down the hallway, and head out the door that leads us to a huge field surrounded by other buildings within the whole college. In this field, its more considered as a hangout, which consists of small cafes, benches, and stone tables for hangouts. Of course, there’s wifi in this school, which seems to be a blessing. I look around and spot a group of guys and girls, and try to locate Evelynda.

Someone grips my shoulder and shouts, “Boo!” against my ear, causing me to jump, scream and turn around.

“Dude!” I hiss, holding my chest.

She, in return, laughs and slaps my arm, “You silly, it’s me.”

I narrow my eyes at her, “No, you’re Bob.”

Her eyes widen and she checks herself, “I’m pretty sure its me... oh god no!”

I roll my eyes and grab her arm, dragging her with me, “Come on princess, let’s hang out and stuff.”

She winks and lets herself get dragged.

Now let me tell you about Evelynda, she is my best friend. Her full name is Eveylnda Perry, sister of the Tony Perry of Pierce the Veil. However, I wonder if Auburn Hair runs in the family, but I guess she got the lucky genes. But she begs to differ whenever I say so. But I love her anyway, her and her olive green eyes, and crazy self. And well, the way we clicked, it meant we were destined to become friends. I mean, I didn’t knew she was Tony’s sister, until two months later in our friendship she revealed it to me. But It didn’t matter, I mean it didn’t change our relationship. But yea, we clicked because our interests in stuff. Firstly, she has a nose piercing, and I love piercings. Second, she has a tattoo of her mom’s name on her wrist, and I love tattoos. And yea, we basically work in the same Starbucks. We love bands, and other stuff. We practically have each other’s back in this college.

I mean, she does take her studies seriously, sometimes, but hey, she has already opened her own bar. It took her a few years, but she did it. Oh, and she’s 23, while I’m.. 23. Yea, same age, but different month.

“So the party?” I ask, sitting down on the grass.

She nods, “Yep, Friday, and it will be fun.” She grins.

I chuckle, “Well last time you said so, you were wasted, lying on top of a table.”

“I was having fun,” She hums, giving me a smirk.

“Yeah, I had to carry you out,” I scoff, “No so fun for me. You are a well weighted lady.”

She gasps, “You’re saying I’m fat?!” She feigns hurt.

“Nah,” I tease, giggling.

She laughs and turns around and her eyes shot open, “Jim, is heading our way.”

I sigh, “What is this, high school?”

She chuckles, “For some.”

-end of flashback-

I look out the window, and see smoke flood through the sky, and flames erupt from leaking cars. I sigh and run my fingers through my tangled hair, and lean against the window, holding my coat close to me, shutting my eyes tight. 

Welcome to Hell, Ex.

- - - - - -

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

641 54 49
"But just look at the world around you, Love. There's messes everywhere with unclear answers. Don't give up yet." She told me gently. "I know, but I...
8.4K 332 70
Tyson Shelley is a very typical teenager: parties, girls, passionate about his garage band. Except he may have taken it too far. Whenever there's a p...
181K 4.8K 45
""Kitten, you're worried about something, and you cannae lie. You're picking at your hands and looking around to clean up my room. Unlucky for you, m...
16.9K 932 57
Anna had her story down to a science, parents that lived in Paris, a trust that unlocked when she graduated college, the lifestyle everyone wanted an...