The Alpha's Promise (1st Book...

By BraveAngelGirl

Marielle Heartifillia was banished from her pack by none other than her one, true mate. Love was a rarity in... More

The Alpha's Promise
Prologue - Edited
Chapter 1
Chapter 2 - Edited
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12 ~part 1~
Chapter 12 ~part 2~
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20 - Edited
Chapter 21 ~ Edited
Chapter 22 ~ Edited
Chapter 23 - Edited
Chapter 24 - Edited
Chapter 25 - Edited
Chapter 26
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 - Edited
Chapter 36 Part 1 - Edited
Chapter 36 part 2 - Edited
EPILOGUE

Chapter 27

136K 4K 546
By BraveAngelGirl

Sorry for the wait on the chapter, if u haven't read my status.. it was because if family problems! So anyways this is dedicated to one of my editors: Aimee_Withrow

(I will send you chapters before I go on vacation this week!)

Enjoy!

=== ==== ===

Mari's POV

=== ==== ===

-Unconscious State-

Daddy, I want to go higher!” I whined, and tried to swing to the highest point I could with my daddy's help and my tiny toddler legs.

Okay, no more. I think I can hear your mother calling us for dinner.” My father chuckled, and soon I started to slow into a stop. I sat there on the swing for a moment, with a pout on my face. I thought about what my daddy said.

I couldn't hear mommy, but he could? I never got that. Its happened a few times before, but the same thing always happened. All the adults and teenagers must be super heroes!

My daddy grabbed my hand, and used his free one to wipe the pout off my face. “Whats wrong sweet pea?” I hated how concerned he looked. It made me sad, for some unknown reason.

Nothing daddy, it's just that... I want to be just like you and everyone else when I grow up!” I screamed.

He shook his head and squat down to my eye level, “I have no idea what you mean..” His eyes sparkled with confusion, and pouted again. Was his superpower supposed to be secret?

You are so fast! And, it seems like you can hear from miles away!”

He muttered what sounded like, “Never knew my kid would be so smart,” Then he looked back at me with similar blue eyes, “Well... You will know in time my little Elle. But don't worry, you will be just like the grown ups some day! Your mother and I will be there for you when it comes..”

After that, I was slightly dazed thinking of myself all grown up. I wanted to be just like Barbie... but I guess being a super hero is better. I gasped, my dad side glancing me, I could be Super Barbie!

Wow, I can't wait to be older!

-Years later-

Hey Mari.” I heard a slightly cracked voice from behind me. I turned around in my desk chair to see a cute boy standing in my doorway. I just met him a couple weeks ago and we became a little bit closer. I had learned he was 15, or was it 16? I had no clue, but what I did remember was that he seemed to have all the girls in the neighbor hood dropping to his feet.

Hi Ray, how was that date with Hilary?” I have never dated a boy, never mind kissed one. I mean, I was only thirteen. Everything can't happen the year you turn into a teenager. But I'm glad I was finally a teenager though. Being called a 'pup' for 12 years was not fun. All the adults called us that. A pup? What kind of nickname is that?

It was great... She was really clingy though. Not like you! You always keep your distance because-” A devilish grin grew on his face and I stopped him mid sentence.

No! Don't even go there Ray! I swear if you-” But I was cut off.

Its because you are so innocent. You are so shy Mari!” As soon as he said that, my cheeks went beet red. Then he started to come more into my room, and inched closer to me until we were a foot apart.

-I'm going to be the one to take that innocence away from you...” Ray trailed as his fingers pushed away the hair in my face.

I gasped, pushing him as far away as possible, “Get away from me!”

As soon as those words left my mouth, my best friend Jessica came bursting in the room. “What do you think you're doing, messing with my friend?!” She screamed, and I couldn't have been happier.

Jessica and Ray had some sort of glare off, and suddenly Ray backed off. He made eye contact with me one more time, before winking and walking out of them room. Served him right. Who did he think he was? I sighed. Ray may be cute, but he has some player ways. I knew when he grew up, he would be a major player. And that was not the guy I would want to be with... unless he promised me he would never hurt me. I would be fine that way. Yeah... sounded like it would be okay.

About ten minutes later, Jessica and I were painting each others nails when we heard loud screams and shouting from outside my window. Jessica and I both looked at each other with wide eyes. I scrambled off of my bed to open the curtains.

Outside was a complete disaster, and terrifying war zone. I stood there shocked with my hands over my mouth. There were wolves. Everywhere. Some people were even trying to fight other wolves too. Then right before my eyes, I saw one person just shift into one. One after another, all the humans were wolves. I backed away, and couldn't believe what I was actually seeing.

What?” Jessica asked from my bed, concerned and fearful of what my response might be.

P-People...s-s-shifting into... w-w-wolves.” I couldn't even make a sentence. My body seemed to take over control, and soon I was running down the stairs, with Jessica tailing behind me.

M-Mom! Dad!” I called out my parents names, but there was no response. Could it be that they are-

Sweetheart, I want you to go back upstairs with Jessica. It's too dangerous right now!” My mother shouted and emerged from the kitchen with a couple long silver blade. My dad walking in from behind, but with two loaded guns instead of blades.

W-What's going on?” Jessica talked for the first time and all eyes went to her.

This isn't the time to explain,” My Dad yelled and he glanced out the window, cursing at the sight of puddles of blood on the ground. “I want you two, to listen to what my wife had to say! Go upstairs and hide in the safe room. You remember where that is, don't you?”

I nodded my head quickly, and grabbed Jessica's hand. “We will be right back girls... don't worry about us.” My mom said with soft eyes, kissing us both on the head. She whispered in my ear, saying that my father and her loved me. They always would.

I love you too,” I whispered back, tearing up. This was all nuts! Completely nuts and nothing made sense. Humans turning into wolves. Wolves fighting. My mom and dad saying they would be right back.. did that mean they were wolves also? If they were, then how come I can't change into one?

I ran, taking Jessica with me, upstairs and I went to the end of the hallway, picking up a flower pot to hit a button. “This is the safe room,” I explained to Jessica quietly, when a secret door opened. Inside was a stocked fridge, and a couple of small beds and sofas. Of course there was no tv, because someone would find out where we were. Though, there were sound proof walls. It was just safe without one.

It felt like hours had passed, curled up on the couch with my head in my knees. Jessica had somehow fallen asleep in all this chaos, but not me. I knew I wouldn't get one wink of sleep until my parents came back and held me in their arms. I wanted to see them. I wanted to make sure they were okay. But there was no way of doing that if they were outside in the fight. There were no windows at all. Everything was just silent.

It bugged me that I didn't know what was going on. I started to get frustrated and threw a pillow across the room. I can't take it anymore! I jumped off the couch and pressed the button on the wall to open the door to the safe room. Once I was out, it shut behind me. Tears poured down my face as I descended my staircase.

I ran to the back door and throwing open the door, I noticed that the fight was over. You could tell by the dead bodies that lied on the wet grounds. There was people crying and weeping over loved ones that died. There were also people that were helping the injured. I saw what looked like Ray's dad, ordering around people. Huh, why is he sudden leader?

Looking away from him, my eyes locked on familiar limp bodies lying on the ground. It was a couple, and they held hands. Even though they were dead, I think that they were happy that they died in each others arms. Waiting to be together in another life. But that wasn't on my mind right now. No, what was on my mind was that this couple were my parents. My mom and my dad. I bit my lip trying to hold in the loud sobs. Just staring at them, and remembering all the memories we had shared together made me burst. I knelt beside them, taking my mom's hand in mine and wailed for as long as I could. I didn't care about anyone who saw me. I just wanted my parents back!

Analyzing them a little, I saw large bite marks that covered their bodies. It was the wolves who did this! It was them!

Rogues.” A deep powerful voice said, and it was so sudden that I jumped mid air. I turned around to see Ray's dad.

Huh?” I whimpered more than I asked, tears still streaming down my face.

You will learn soon Marielle... Soon.”

After that, everything was a blur. I was led to a room full of other kids who had lost their parents or relatives. It was a tragic sight. I caught sight of Jessica who soothed me a little bit, so that I could calm down a bit. She cried too, but only with few tears.

It was from that day on that I knew that life wouldn't be the same.

===== ======

Max's P.O.V

===== ======

I made sure that Mari was in a comfortable position on the small patient's bed. Her heart monitor beeped in rhythm, showing that she was not in any panic. The doctor had just shared the news that she would be asleep for a few days, because of the damage the glass shard did to her stomach. I looked down at Mari with pained eyes.

I tried to protect her. I broke my promise! In the end, she was hurt. All because of me. Now when she woke up in a few days, she would hate me. She would hate me just like she did with Ray. Ray broke her promise and now I did too. Hasn't Mari had enough?

I ran my hand up and down my princess's cheek. It was so soft. That was one thing I loved about Mari. She was always so soft and tender, her lips always so red and plump. She was just absolutely beautiful and nothing would ever change that.

My eyes followed where her long blonde hair fell, down to her waist. I smiled a little, it was a sad smile though. This might be the last time I touch Mari though. I was lost too much inside of my own thoughts, when I heard her heart rate pick up. Then she started murmuring something in her unconscious state. “Mom... Dad..”

My eyebrows furrowed, wondering what she may be dreaming about. And then it clicked. Her heart rate picking up, the murmuring and now she was moving around a bit. She was having a nightmare... of the day her parents had died. I remember the night she told me, and I saw the way her eyes would glaze over whenever she mentioned her parents names. It was like she was reliving the whole thing. It was heartbreaking for me to even see her like that.

It was heartbreaking to even see her in this state now.

As concerned as I was for Mari's sake, I suddenly heard a loud knocking from downstairs. I sighed, and stood up from the chair I sat in reluctantly. I really didn't want to leave my princess's side. But there was no one in my house right now except for us two. I glanced at the watch on my wrist. It was almost midnight. Time flew by fast. But who would be knocking on my door at this hour?

Making my way downstairs, I was at the door. The knocking came again, and I thrust open the door with a growl. The growl caught in my throat however when I saw who stood on my door step. I inhaled a little when I saw the girl in front of me.

Her scent drifted inside of my nose, and I smelt roses and jasmine. It was a nice smell. But then my wolf went off in my head after minutes of looking at the strange woman. 'Mate.' He said.

A long time ago, I would have been joyed to see the pretty woman in front of me, but now I was only half excited. My wolf wasn't even that ecstatic. It was quite... strange. What was wrong? How come I didn't feel the overwhelming feeling of claiming her, or taking her? How come I wasn't so eager to have her as mine?

'We have Mari!' My wolf growled.

I smiled, but not at the brunette slim figured woman in front me. No, I was smiling because I knew that instead of my true mate. I wanted someone else. And that person was a beautiful blonde headed woman, named Marielle.

My princess. The girl who stole my heart. The one who I actually love.

Mari.

________----------_________

How did you guy's like that chapter? Hope that made you guys jump huh? Well I am announcing that I have a camping trip that I am going on and wont update till sometime next week! I love you all, because you guys are fantastic followers and readers!

Please Comment if you want, Vote and Follow!

TTYL! XD <3

_ BraveAngelGirl _

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31K 1.1K 40
All wolves find their mates eventually, willingly or otherwise. Jenna has been dreading the moment she meets hers for as long as she can remember. To...
51K 1K 54
Her mate used her then unapologetically broke her heart. Now, heartbroken and mateless, Jaxyl goes on to lead her pack while she fights to keep a lif...
241K 11K 59
**COMPLETED** ( Book 2, can be read as stand alone. )Conceived from a brutal rape, Betsi was hidden from the true world she belonged to. Her father...
61.9K 2.6K 19
Mari Greenfield. A name everybody knows, from whispers on the street, to every pack in North America and still farther. Why, because she's the most d...