Second Life

By Celeswind

Jonathan is an average college student who is an introvert. His classmates and professors don't notice him wh... More

Chapter 1 New Professor
Chapter 2 Cursed you, monkey!
Chapter 3 You know what...I hate him.
Chapter 4 What are you planning...
Chapter 5 Bet & Deal
Chapter 6 All in the day work
Chapter 7 What a day
Chapter 8 Looking
Chapter 9 Camping
Update & Title Cover
Chapter 10 Banana Bus
Chapter 11 Name
Chapter 12 Party
Chapter 13 Morning after
A wonderful invitation
Chapter 14 Adventures much?
Chapter 15 Murphy's Law
Chapter 16 Why me
Facts about me
Intermission
Chapter 18 Someone call me?
Chapter 19 Let's the chase begin
Chapter 20 I spy with my little eyes
Chapter 21 Is this a quest, really?

Chapter 17 Halloween

5.3K 188 228
By Celeswind

Many fan art by Monster458. Their drawings are all of over this chapter. From the top of page and below before the story start. Thank you for drawing them. :)  So lovely. In random order and resize a bit. Go to their page to see the full size and thanks them. (Tell me if I got your wattpad account right.)

Monster458     http://monster458.deviantart.com/

GumiChan15

Halloween

Every year until on today, I spend my time dress in a creepy yet awesome costume. I would scare some people including Jennifer. Purging on my money buying candy then stuffing my face while I play my video games. A day for myself. To me.

Alone.

Instead, I'm standing in front of the last place I wanted to be here- my campus. I tug my favorite blue hoodie lower against my face while I watch people entering and leaving the campus. Some people decide to dress in costume. Other decide to dress in everyday clothes. A perfect place to blend in without no one noticing me.

Jennifer already went ahead when I told her I was going to meet up with some of my friends. Her teary expression with a smile made me cringe before she waves goodbye blending in the sea of people. I let out sigh tighten my grip on my cell phone then unlock it glancing at the time. It going to be dark in a few hours and no sign of them. I wary stare at the crowd. Maybe they enter earlier though. Perhaps in another entry or come in later I guess. I look at my old texts. Old messages from Evan reminding me of the event and location and one from...Lui. Fucking brat.

Lui: Are you going to do it?

I glared at the text then pocket my phone. Ignoring that message. I let out another sigh walking into my doom. The smells of treats, cheap perfume, and other putrid scents burn my nose. I continue moving through the crowd. Rude people keeps pushing left and right surrounding me in the enclose wide hallway. Their elbows and bodies brush and push against my body. Rude! I would like to return the favor, but I don't want to make a scene. Yet. So, I have to endure it. I hate the burning touching sensation while having the urge to run away it not helping either. Trouble is I agree to do it and I has no proof that I'm here. Fuck.

Another rude person elbows me again so tempts to yell at her. God, I hate rude people! Past her cheap ass costume something got my eye. Or should I say, someone? My eyes trail to that damn bastard wearing fancy wizard hat, get up, and cape. I won't deny it looks cool. All he need is an owl on his shoulder to be able to join Hogwarts. I love that ancient film. All time favorite.

Focus Jonathan. You're on a mission.

Regardless of that awesome costume didn't hide his appearance. My eyes narrow following behind him like a ninja through the crowd. When the bastard heads toward the fountain, I lean against the wall pretending to look at my cell phone. I wait for a moment before I peeks at the clearing.

Evan is chatting and laughing with the gang near the fountain. Everyone except for fucking monkey and devil b!tch, are here. Mini wear a suit with flip-flops for some reason. Compare to Nolga who dress somehow normal with saggy pant holding a paper bag with two holes on his hands. And Wildcat...I'm not going to question his zebra stripe pant or wildcat shirt. Good for him to wear his pig mask. That would make him less noticeable. NOT.

...You know what.

I raise my phone toward the group.

I'm taking a picture of this.

Heh.

It may come in handy.

The guys push each other still amuse by something. Their smiles and laughs seem to brighten the area. Now, I'm curious to know what's so funny. I place my phone back in my pocket and calmly walk past my wall. People linger and walk around the area. Not too many or few people. Perfect. Doing some parkour skills I blends in the crowd as a bystander. I walk closer circling around them trying to listen to their conservation.

"So." Nolga nods,"We'll find Delirious." He looks almost like his counterpart avatar except for the fury part.

"You KNOW it!." Wildcat remarks, "I'm going to win!" He boasts, still a pig b!tch any day.

"So, how're we going to find him? Have you guys looks around?" Mini gesture their surrounding. "The campus is swarming with people. It's going to be like finding a needle in a haystack."

"I got this," Evan answers cocky as he takes out his cell phone and checking for something. What the hell? Why would he t-

Couples cell phone plays ring among the crowd, but a few ring closer to them. The gang listen to the sound watching certain area while people check their phone.

Shit!

Quickly, I silent my phone and pretend no one call me then steadying my posture heading back to the hallway.

That son of b!tch!

My phone rings out again.

I glance around the hallway and silent it. Noticing the gang is not here yet I head to an empty classroom down the hall. I enter the room and lock it glancing back to my phone. There a new text message.

Evan: where are you?

Delirious: geez b!tch. im here

Evan: where r u? i want to find you. :)

Delirious: heh. saw you first

Insert picture.

Evan: son of b!tch

Your move, Evan.

I place my phone on silent and unlock the door before heading out. Seeing the coast is clear I went upstairs. I need to higher ground if I want to beat them. To stay hidden, avoid confrontation, and tries not to make Jennifer suspicious either.

It's going to be a long night.

I takes a sharp left turn at the top of the stairs bump into someone. Again. My hood a bit push up to see them.

I truly hate my own damn luck.

(Bold is Jonathan internal response toward the gang)

"Oh, Jonathan? What are you doing here?" Evan questions reaching out his hand toward me offering to help me up. I was going way from you guys.

I would refuse and flick him off walk my merry ways, but I have to incognito. Damn. Stay low. I grab his hand standing and nod for thanks. I push back my hood a bit and move away from him for some space, I look at the gang unemotional. Some of their posture except for Evan shifted a bit uneasy.

Stay frosty.

"Wait you know him?" Mini proclaims looking at me, "Where?" Oh, I don't know. Maybe in-game!

"He's my student, guys. I see you're not wearing a costume." Evan reply. He glance at my appearance, "Enjoying the festival?" Not when you speaking to me right now.

I stare at him. "Professor, I'm looking for my sister," I stated still with a blank look. I want to leave right now.

"Professor?!" Everyone except for Evan and me said in shock. They look at me then Evan.

"B-b-b-Are you a bit young?!" Nolga stated, "I KNOW you said you're some kind of teacher, but a college professor! Just how old are you?"

"Suddenly I feel old." Mini remarks, "I'm the second youngest in the group maybe third if Delirious is here. Anyone know how old is Delirious? Is he's old too?" I'm not THAT old.

"Just how smart are you?" Wildcat blurts out looking curious at Evan.

"Smart enough." Evan reply and they groan, "I haven't seen Jennifer. Maybe she is the maze. I saw some gathering there. We're going there looking for someone too. Want to come?"

I nod. I wish I can't.

"C'mon Jonathan." Evan gestures me to follow. Mini walk in front of me. I blink at his friendly face.

"Well, I'm going to start off." Mini smiles, "Hey, Jonathan! I'm Craig. Starting from the left. You already know your charm professor, Evan." Evan glares at Mini, "Next to him is grumpy Tyler, and dog face David. Welcome to our happy family." He cheers waving his hands.

"For fock sake." Nolga huffs, "Really."

"Welcome to the temporary family, emo."

"Emo?" I question looking at Tyler. I'm not emo. That would be on the last one of the list.

"Well, look at him! He's looks like the broody type. And he's quiet which is good." Wildcat nods, "Delirious, can get some lessons from him. Like silence. Oh, the peace and quiet." He walks ahead of the group. You are so next on my list. Right next to devil b!tch.

We walk downstairs to the garden; gang remark and chat while I trail behind them. Sometimes Evan and Craig would try to make me involve with their conservation, but I shake my head deny to join in. Craig looks a bit worry for my lack of reaction and interest. And Evan. That bastard keeps bother toward me. Sooner or later he going to hit my buttons. I know he will. He tries before in class. And now he will do it again. I'm not going to give up that easy!

My eyes slightly narrow at them. I truly wish I could get them. They would pay for ruling the pay they mess with Delirious. I would-I would show them. Make them fear me. Tonight is my fun day. And they will not mess with me. How can do that if they watching me? Hmm...

I rather not...Yet the odds are not in my favor.

Damn luck.

How can leave without being suspicious?

"What you're thinking about?" Craig question lagging behind the group until he is beside me. Evan follows after Craig walking on opposite side of me.

"It's nothing, Craig," I answer pulling my phone to glance at the time again. Two hours and thirty minutes left.

"Geez, you are one tough cookie." Craig whines then hold his stomach, "Making myself hunger." Food...

"Everything will be fine, Jonathan," Evan said placing his hand on my shoulder. A comfort weight I look blankly at his eyes before shrugging his hand off my shoulder. You can make everything sounds so simple. Do I look that worry? I shouldn't look worried, this mask is meant to cover that. All things- it's not really that simple.

This placid mask I had placed so many years ago. My ex-fucking best friends started the damn foundation. And the rest was tailored by people and family fucking expectation structured it. My heritage bond it together with madness and delirious. This is me, by identity. Stuck between this :

An unemotional person name Jonathan.

A delirious person names H2O Delirious.

That the only thing holding myself together is my mask. Fitting like a glove, something only I can hold onto if all fail. I'm not sure even Jennifer could help me keep it together. She couldn't bear her friend's betrayal; she won't be able to handle that.

And I'm not ready to sacrifice it.

I remain silent.

We head to a random food cart due to the group's hunger, mainly David and Craig. After paying for our food, we seat on the benches devouring our goodies except me who sat a few benches away. I peeking at my phone as I munch on some candy apple. The sugary treat help my hunger, but it didn't improve my mood. Evan continues pestering me about my location, in return, I gives him vague answers. Damn bastard is trying to be an annoyance. I have to get away from them before they realize it's me. BUT! I'll not leave until I give them their punishment. My revenge for ruining my favorite holiday.

Never in a million years I would let Jennifer be involved in this. Forgot about that b!tch. All that let is...him.

I rather not.

(Flashback)

"As much I wanted that, but no." He shakes his head, "What I want is really simple you have to do-" He leans closer and pulls my vest to his level and whisper into my ears.

"All you have to do-

The memory faint away to see Evan waving his hand in front of my face. I slap his hand off me with my eyes half-lid in annoyance. His expression turns daze for a moment before concentrate on me.

Oh shit.

Evan focus melt into his idiotic smile shrugging off whatever thoughts he has in mind. That was too close. You're acting like Delirious.

"You seems to be daydreaming." He sits across from me. It feels like the bus scenario again. "I never say thanks for teaching me that song. It helped a lot." Oh, I know.

"No problem." There's no need to thanks. What's that bastard thinking about?

"You just remind me a good friend of mine."

I remain silent. Latching onto the words he says in fear. Does he know? It was just one act. He couldn't know. There's no similarity. Right?

"It's nothing. Ready to go?" He smiles and stands up.

Fuck it.

"In a few."

Evan nods and walks toward the guys. I pull up my phone searching for his contact.

Delirious: I'm in.

Lui: Glad to do business. ;D

Delirious: I just sold my soul. What's now?

Lui: told you i'm not after your soul...yet

Lui: i have an early bird send you a packet. first floor men restroom. middle stall. in a few minutes.

Delirious: won't that count as late?

Delirious: why the maze?

Lui: that a secret :p

Lui: anyway he late to the scene of action.

Delirious: i just refuse then

Lui: no take-back or else :p

Delirious: damnit

Lui: heh. i will send some instruction for this setup

Delirious: this better work monkey

Lui: it will. >:D

Lui: looks at the guys

I frown before glancing from my phone toward the group. A couple of phones ring among the hallway. Immediately, the guys pick up their phone staring at its content. While they focus on their phone; I sent a text checking on Jennifer. I wait for a few second before my phone glow on my face. A new text message.

Jennifer: I'm ok. Just hanging and eating with some friends

Jonathan: be careful

Jennifer: I will, big brother :p

I huff placing my phone back and walk back to the group. Evan looks up smiling at me. Happy bastard.

"Ready to go?"

"I'm going to the restroom," I reply with a shrug. Let do it. Off with my dignity and soul.

"We could wait for you." Craig reply, he smiles "We stay together."

"That's right." David answers, "We're family."

"It's fine." I glance at Evan, "You said there's gathering at the maze." He nod. "By the time I finish I'll meet you there." Oh, I will.

"See. No harm." Tyler states, "We're ready to go. C'mon let beat him before he disappears again."

Disappear?

Of course. Fucking monkey.

Evan hesitant for a second then following beside me. We walk downstairs to the exit before I separate from them heading toward the men restroom. I check behind me before entering the room. The modern restroom is decorate with some Halloween theme too. Ghosts hologram hovering around the white granite counter-top as well the glowing pumpkins. The LED light to illuminate the tile floor leaking light in the open stall doors. I enter the stall locking the door then search for a packet around the toilet and toilet paper. Seeing there's none I take out my phone.

Delirious: im in the stall. where's the packet?

Lui: he's coming

I tear out some toilet papers out of boredom, placing them on the toilet lid. Sometimes I check my phone checking the time. Already past five minutes. What the hell! Early bird is taking his sweet time.

The door slide open and soft footsteps hit the tile floor. I sit on the toilet cover watching the stranger pass through the mirror. The stranger enter the stall next to me and lock it. I hear some shuffling then silent.

"I take you're Delirious?" He questions softly.

"What took you so long?" I responds, "Lui says you're an early bird?"

"Sometimes being late makes a great opening." The stranger chuckles before sliding a brown packet under the stall. "The name is Brock. I would shake your hand, but there's a pack wall between us."

I chuckle and pick up the packet inspecting the box. The paper packet is held together with a thin rope tied into a bow. I pull on the end of the rope, the packet unravels the light shine onto a white mask and another small box. Not just any mask my in-game mask. I smile and secure the mask on my face. It feels it belong there. Now onto to the box. I lift the lid off my eye twitch at the monstrous then the card. No way. This is what he wanted me to wear.

"Really?" My disgust leaks through my voice. That son of a b!tch monkey. I pick up the card and flip it.

'Enjoy. Love, Lui'

"You sounds like an interesting person." I focus on Brock than it. I swears Brock is smiling through the stall. "Well, aren't you going to wear it? Lui want me to remind you of no take-back."

"Son of b!tch."

Brock chuckles as I sigh pulling the costume out of the box and notice a few...accessory. That fucking monkey thought of everything. He'll pay. The pinkness made me shudder as its glittering wings flex. Quickly, I undress my clothes slipping on the silky costume then the pantie and ballet shoes. I don't want to know how he got my measurement. Creepy brat. And now the last thing...a crown and wand. I place the crown atop and hold the wand.

I unlatch the stall dress in that monstrous. There go my manly pride. Brock's eyes catch my attention. Those warm and kind eyes with a gentle smile and short brown hair. He's dress in a blue hoodie as well and jean holding a black backpack on his shoulder. At the same time, that monkey got Brock involve. Just how do they know each other?

Brock stare at my mask then lower his gaze onto the monstrous. His smile widen before amusement flash in his eyes. Cheeky bird.

"You looks fabulous."

"You know it." My eyes draw to the mirror. God, I looks like gay-ass fairy princess with boyish hair. Better make the best of it. No shame. "B!tch, I'm beautiful!" I waves my wand at him.

"Indeed you are."He chuckles bringing his phone into my view. "Lui wanted me to do this."

"Tell the monkey to go fuck himself as well."

"Noted." Brock looks at his phone before glance up at me. He chuckles gesturing his phone toward me. He wants be to check my phone. Fine then.

Lui: that just mean :,<

Delirious: you deserve it

Lui: you wanted my help

Delirious: damn monkey

Lui: love you too

Brock stretch his hand holding backpack, I reach over grabbing it then unzip it. An empty backpack yet durable and sturdy with enough to place my clothes inside. I nod my head in thanks and Brock smile.

Brock hand me a small Bluetooth speaker pointing at his ear. I shift my mask securing the device into my ear.

Static sounds, "Testing...Testing....1, 2, 3. Everyone can hear me?" Lui? That damn monkey.

"Lui." I growls.

"Hey, Delirious. You're quite lovely this evening." He chuckles, "Care for a dance later on?"

"Shut up!"

"Hehe. Never get old. Brock?"

"I'm set. " Brock answer, I looks at him, he pulls out a pad typing into it then nod. "It's ready."

"Good."

"Monkey." I ask, "Why are you helping me?"

"As a friend I care for everyone's interest." Lui smoothly reply. Liar!

"Don't lie to me. I know you wouldn't be that involve for nothing, but thanks." I remark. He's up to no good.

"You're welcome. Delirious head to the maze and Brock you know what to do. Everyone ready?"

Brock and I agree then head out. We went to our designation. Lui suggest for me to go to the maze opening he 'conveniently' left for me on the side. The garden maze did have a past touch with modern technology from the botanical gardens. At least, the entrance and exit are the only are lit compare to sides. Graceful the pink doesn't stand out in the darkness. I crouch sneaking into a bush watching the gathering near the entrance. My eyes squint searching for the guys through the crowd, I spot them in the middle of the line.

Well, we can't have them waiting. Can I?

I tap on Bluetooth, "I'm here."

"Good." Lui responds, "Head to the maintenance hatch on your left from where you are. Look for a square shape panel in-between the vine and use that card in your bag to enter."

"The hatch? Won't someone be there?"

"Lucky, the mechanics are too busy right now. Let me know when you are in."

I dig into to my bag for the card. A simple white card with a key-chain I place it on my wrist. I re-zip the bag slowly crawling making my way to the hatch. I sticks in the shadow always checking behind me if someone tries to do surprise. Seeing there's no one. I place my hand through the vine trying to feels for the panel.

Cool metallic brush against my finger, I move the leaves to see a metallic panel as Lui describe. Letting the card touch the panel the hedge melt away leaving an opening. A hedge tunnel with bright light as far I could see. I walk through it and search for another panel. Once it's found I touch the panel for the hedge to re-appears.

"I'm in." I walk in the tunnel I can see people on the other sides with flashlight walking into the maze. My eyes trails on the transparent wall on my side. One-way mirror? Huh. Interesting.

"Good." I hear Lui darkly respond, Touch the walls."

My hand touch the wall, "What the?" Different codes spews from my hand. My eyes follow the codes to 'activate trap', 'speaker,' and other options.

"Neat, huh? You can't have a scary maze on Halloween without something to give a scare. Test it out, Jonathan." I press the trap button then some ghosts emerge from the hedge scaring my victim. They ran heading into the darkness. Nice. "Try to lead them back to the entrance. You know peak their interest."

"Amazing," I chuckles. "What else it can do?"

"Many things." Brock pitch in, "It's all about the timing."

"Yep. Now, let get the guys to join the fun too." Lui state. I can feels him rubbing his hands together like a scientist looking at a specimen under a microscope.

"Alright." I said, pressing another trap watching my other victims scream in terror.

After Lui state that I continue scaring and tormenting my victims. I love hearing their hilarious screams and expressions as I lead them back to the entrance. When I pressed speaker and enabled talk they become terrify. Run away quicker. Brock, Lui, I pass time chatting with each other waiting for the guys to arrive. I send a few text to Evan urging him to come to the maze.

"Hey, they're here." Brock said through the Bluetooth. I walk through the tunnel to the entrance. I watch the gang steady enter in holding their flashlight.

"Let's the game begin."Lui said, "I want some good scare Delirious. Think you can make it last for a hour?"

"Oh, I will." I answer then press speaker. "Welcome. Welcome!" The gang jump up from my voice, they look around for me. Seeing I am not there Evan and Craig frown.

"Delirious." Evan yell. "Where are you?"

"Welcome to my maze of doom! Think you can reach the exit? Heh, heh, heh."

"Damn right we can." Tyler yell. I hear Craig mumbles about scary bastard.

"I heard that!" I yell and Craig flinch, "We shall see. We shall."I activate a trap. A couple of spiders fall onto the gang. Craig scream jump away as David tries to shake the spiders off him. Evan mumble something to the gang and Tyler looks at the wall. "Let's see if you can flap your way out."

"Wait what?" Craig question.

"Cheap tricks won't do shit!" Tyler yells back continue moving front.

"Nice try, Delirious." Evan yells.

"Ha! You think you can stop us, boy. You're wrong." David remark stagger walking proudly.

"Really?" I question watching them push forward when they reach a split paths I hit the blocker button. They scramble onto different paths as the brick walls emerging from the hedges. Evan jump on to the nearest path as David take the path beside him. Tyler grab Craig's wrist on the opposite path. "That's right!" I shouts in glee. I hear Lui and Brock chuckles through the tooth.

"You ass!" Craig yells. Tyler slams against the hedge. He let out a sigh shaking his head toward Craig. He frown before guiding his flashlight into the darkness.

"At least my booty is free." I yell back. No shame.

Lui wheezes before he choke on saliva. Brock laugh at my remark whispering something. Craig stumbles at my statement before babbling and waving his arms. Lui crack up again and Brock laugh. I shift their path toward the entrance then drop a jumpscare behind them. I whispers 'you better run' and Craig run ahead screaming into the darkness. Tyler follow after him yelling at Craig to 'stop freaking out.'

Two down, two more to go. I walk to David as he wary stare at the darkness. He creep in the path glancing at every corner. As if he waiting for me to jump him. I let out silent chuckles and I walk near the end of the corridor, side-by-side of David.

"For fock sake." He growl, "What's with the focking dark hallway." He stumble among the path.

"You can DO it. Who's a good boy?" I coos at David like a dog. "You CAN DO it. You CAN do it."

"Hey! I'm NOT a dog!" He yells, he continue moving regardless. "I'm human. Get it right."

I wait until he reach near the end to shift the path. He grumble at the entrance then jump seeing Craig and Tyler came in the other path. Craig crash into David and Tyler help Craig off of David. Once they're safe I head deeper into the maze.

Three down, one to go.

It took some time looking for Evan. Brock points him out near the north-east of the maze. That bastard is closer to the exit than expected. I walk beside him watching Evan frown at the path. He ponders around the maze.

"Seem like you're the only one left, Evan." I chuckles and block his path. "I'm just flapping for your retreat."

Evan narrows his eyes. "You're not the only one with tricks."

"What are you doing to do? Wave your wand? Going to said, 'Wingardium Levios?'" I sneers.

He walk toward the end of the block path touching the walls as I stand back watching him. He wonders near the corner using his flashlight searching for something. Bastard ignore me. Rude. I hear Lui inhale sharply when Evan's flashlight focus on one spot near the edge.

"Delirious, run!" Lui yell.

My eyes widen drawing attention at the panel Evan is messing with. No way. I take a sharp corner before seeing Evan enter the hatch from the corner of my eye.

"Surprise b!tch!" Evan chuckles in triumph behind me. "Where are you, Delirious?" I hear footstep behind. Oh come up. Bastard is following me.

"Nowhere!"

"Come back here, fairy!"

"No!"

I continue running ahead taking sharps turns by Lui guidance until reaching a hatch exit. I can hear his footsteps becoming louder behind me. Fast bastard. Quickly, I unlock it then turn by head to him,  my eyes connect with him before I gesture 'goodbye.' Evan's eyes widen before I run outside. I jump into the bushes and crouch covering my mouth with my hand. A few seconds later Evan run out. He stop looking around for me. He pant walking around slowly flashing his light at a few bushes. Steady, I move away from his light trying to make my way out. No need for me to be spotted. Well, that fail.

"Less than thirty minutes." Lui whispers.

I crawl my way to the parking lot mindful the gang due to Evan calling the cavalry. Other than Evan who may seen the pinkness, they don't really know my costume. There's a chance they look in the campus for me. I rather not risk that either, but hey they don't have to know I left a early a bit. Jennifer has her friend and she can find her own ride home. I'll apology later for taking the car with some chocolate or flowers. It's the thought that count.

"Delirious!" Brock warn, "Behin-"

Something tugs on my wing I look over my shoulder to see a red hoodie. My eyes trail upward to see that son of b!tch.

Luke.

My eyes narrow and slap his hand off my wing then he try offer his hand before dropping his hand. Instead, he move a bit away from me so I stand up. We face each other for a moment, Luke reach his hand to his face.

"Interesting costume." He cough into his fist. As if he trying to mask his laughter or stop the awkwardness. I can't really tell.

"Didn't have a choice. The brat made me." I can hear Lui fuming about that statement.

"I see." Luke looks away before facing me, "Delirious, look-"

"Look what? There's nothing to talk about. So mind your own damn business." I fast-pace to my car.

"We're best friend." Luke follows after me. Go away.

"Ex-best friend." I growls, "I needed you and you abandoned me."

"I know. I'm sorry. I didn't have no choice."

"You did."

"Just hear me out. Please at least give me that."

"Fine." I huffs and stop to face him, "Make it quick."

"I left because my parents mainly my father. He didn't approve...of our friendship." Luke's expression turn grim.

"What?" My eyes widen, "Your father? That mean-old stubborn bastard?"

"Yea. He didn't like my lifestyle or our close relationship." 

"I don't get it. You dated my sister. So why he told me you hated me?" That memory still stung.

"I don't hate you!" Luke quickly interrupt in shock and anger before he simmers down, "I don't. No way I could. He give me with an ultimatum. Move or your future. It was the lesser of evil."

"So, you leave." For the sake of my safety. Something still bug me. "Then why come back now?"

Luke let out an empty chuckle, "I had to earned a degree and job first before I got my freedom. Even then, it wasn't enough." He show me a wane smile, "My old man surveillance me the entire time, I couldn't contact you. He despise a fact about his son and wanted to change that through any mean necessary. I'm partly glad he hit the bucket early though."

"What's fact?" I have to know what does he mean. "Are you going to date Jennifer again? Because as her big bro-"

"I dated her due to the pressure my old man gave me." He interrupt again looking directly at my eyes move closer to me, "The only reason I did that because she looks similar to someone so close yet so far." He move closer almost chest-to-chest, "And I love that foolish boy too much." He push my mask aside and press his lip against mine.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally finish when I'm sleep deprived. (┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ I need sleep.

I'm officially working on the other stories. They been negligent too long.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

115K 3.5K 26
A boy that suffered from anorexia nervosa moved from his home town to Canada with his currently abusive mother and scared sister. With no one to go t...
32.3K 1.2K 21
Welcome back! This is the second book of H20 Delirious X Reader! If you haven't read the first one then don't read this one because you wont understa...
79.9K 4.1K 23
[One day I will rewrite the first 11 chapters because they are complete crap] [Cover Artwork: Snoeflake on DevianArt] [Theme Song: Christina Perri...
11.4K 221 31
Jonathan just move to his new house hes been abuse and bully threw out his life so his brother bought him a new house and somewhere he could live and...