Waiting for the Right One (Fa...

By 3dream_writer3

*cover by FlowerOfCamelis* Cannon Venturi: The best friend of teen sensation, Hunter Bolton. Cannon ca... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30 | Final Chapter
Epilogue
Crossover!
Crossover Update
Spin-Off

Chapter 21

7.6K 385 92
By 3dream_writer3

Chapter 21

Cannon

"I'm dead serious, bring me Chinese food," I said into the phone. Hunter and Violet were on their way over to my house and Hunter was being a stubborn jerk.

"Why don't you get it yourself?" Hunter asked.

"Because I'm laying on the couch and I don't want to get up," I said. That, and Annalise was laying with me and I really didn't want her out of my embrace.

"So because you're a lazy ass, I have to get food?" Hunter asked.

"Yes."

Hunter let out a very long sigh. "Fine, I'll pick up Chinese food."

"Thanks, babe," I said. "And make sure it's for four."

"Four?" Hunter asked. "But there's three of us."

"No, there's four," I said. "My girlfriend's with me."

"You have a girlfriend?" Hunter asked. "Since when?"

"Since I asked out your mom and she said yes."

"Shut the hell up."

"Aww, is Hunter upset?" I asked with a fake pout. "You jealous?"

"No."

"I detect jealousy."

"And I detect a bitch."

"Ouch," I said before looking at Annalise and pulling the phone away from my ear. Annalise's head was resting on my chest and she was playing with the strings of my hoodie. "Hunter's being mean to me."

"You're kind of egging him on," Annalise pointed out.

"He's just jealous that he never got to date me," I said.

"Cannon? Yeah, I can hear what you're saying," Hunter said. "Look, do you want me to pick up Chinese food or not?"

"Yes please."

"Then shut up and stop being a little piece of snot."

"Hunter, are you on your period?" I asked.

His reply? Hanging up on me. Jerk.

"You're a really nice friend," Annalise said sarcastically.

"Thanks, I try," I said. "I hope he still brings me my Chinese food. By the way, how were you able to leave your house when I picked you up, anyway? You told me that your parents don't like you going out unless they know who you're with."

"They were both working," Annalise said. "So I told my grandpa where I really was going and he said he'll just tell them when they get back that I went to a study group." She then sighed. "I don't know if I can keep sneaking around, though. And we've only been together a day."

"Don't worry, it will all be figured out soon," I said, rubbing her back with my arm that was wrapped around her. Hopefully it would. I really didn't know what her parents had against me. I didn't do anything wrong except for being so attractive that it should be a crime.

"I hope so," she murmured, snuggling closer into me. "I'm really sorry about the way my parents act towards you. They have no idea what you're really like."

"It's okay," I said. "Really. Before I got into the whole performing thing, I got judged all the time. I still do, but it's okay. I'm still awesome."

Annalise chuckled softly. "Yes you are."

It wasn't long before Hunter and Violet showed up, thankful with the food I wanted. "Here's the Chinese food, you piece of crap," Hunter said, dropping the food on the coffee table.

"Thanks, babe," I said.

"Stop calling me that," Hunter said. He then got a good look at Annalise, who was still snuggled into me. "Whoa. When did that happen?"

"Yesterday," I said.

"Yesterday?" Hunter asked. "And you didn't tell me? What kind of best friend are you?"

"One who didn't feel like telling you because you're a bitch."

"You're a bitch."

"Lise, Hunter's being mean to me," I said.

Hunter sighed and sat down on the other couch with Violet. "Why did I have to be cursed to have you as a best friend?" Hunter asked.

"You love me."

"No, I love Violet," Hunter said. "You, I can barely tolerate."

"Ouch," I said. "Hey, Hunter, can you pass me the food. I'm too comfortable to get up."

"You called me a bitch and you never told me about your girlfriend," Hunter said. "So the answer is no."

"Wow," I said. "Fine, I guess I have to get up now. Jerk." Annalise released her hold on me and we both sat up as I opened the bag of food. The four of us began eating the food and I even turned on a movie.

When Annalise and I were done eating, we laid down on the couch again and she snuggled back into me. We also each had a fortune cookie and I waited for her to read hers before I read mine. "What does yours say?" I asked.

Annalise opened it and furrowed her eyebrows. "It says Oops, wrong cookie."

"Does it really?" I asked, looking at the piece of paper in her hands. "Holy crap, that's hilarious."

"No, it's not," Annalise said with a pout. "It's a waste of a cookie. I didn't get my fortune."

"Aww, so sad," I said, giving her a fake pout. I just wanted to kiss her cute, pouty lips.

"What does yours say?" she asked.

I opened my cookie, but didn't let her see what it said. "It says, You will get a kiss by your beautiful girlfriend soon."

"It does not say that," Annalise objected, trying to grab the paper, but I held it out of her reach before dropping it behind the couch.

"Oh, would you look at that? I accidentally dropped it," I said. "But, you know, can't make the fortune cookie lie, so...."

"It said soon," Annalise pointed out. "That could mean in an hour or two or even...." I cut her off by pressing my lips on hers.

"Gross," I heard Hunter mutter.

I pulled away from Annalise and looked over at Hunter. "You always kiss Violet when I'm around," I pointed out.

"Screw you."

I raised an eyebrow, wondering why Hunter was being so irritable lately. It wasn't just today. He had been that way for the past couple days.

Then it dawned on me. There was only one thing that made Hunter act this way. Well, two, but one of them was treated.

The other wasn't.

I gently sat Annalise up so I could get up from the couch before walking to Hunter, grabbing his wrist and pulling him out of the room. When we were out of earshot from the girls, I asked him the one question I knew he wasn't going to like. "Are you drinking again?" I asked.

"No," Hunter said.

"Don't lie to me," I said. "I've known you since we were babies and not only can I tell if you lying, but I've been there for you ever since you started drinking. I know what you act like."

Hunter sighed. "Don't tell Violet."

"Why?" I asked. "Why are you drinking again? You've been sober for almost a full year."

Hunter sighed again and rubbed his forehead. "Violet and I have been arguing, alright? A lot. Almost every night when we're on the phone, it ends up in an argument, normally over stupid things and I couldn't take it anymore. So, one night, when I was home alone because my parents and sister went out, I found a bottle....And I drank it."

"You and Violet have been arguing?" I asked. "It doesn't seem like it. Just right now when you came in, you...." I thought about it more. "Actually, Violet has been quiet lately." Come to think of it, she's been kind of quiet for the past week or so. "Hunter, have you asked what's up with Violet?"

Hunter furrowed his eyebrows. "Why would something be up with her?"

He was an idiot.

"I'll be right back," I said. I went back into the movie room before picking up a pillow of the chair nobody was on and going back to Hunter. I then, like the awesome friend I was, began beating him with the pillow. "Idiot! You! Idiot!"

"Ow, Cannon, stop!"

"You! Freaking! Idiot!"

"How am I an idiot?!"

I stopped beating him with the pillow. "Why? Because obviously something is up with Violet and you haven't even noticed. She's more quiet than usual and I haven't seen her smile in a long time. So you go be a better boyfriend and do something."

Hunter was silent for a bit before sighing. "I'm pretty much the worst boyfriend ever, right?"

"You think?"

"I can't believe I didn't noticed that something is up with her," Hunter said. "Okay, I'm going to take her somewhere we can talk."

"You better."

We then went back into the room. "Vi, want to go to the park or something?" Hunter asked Violet.

"Sure," Violet said quietly before getting up from the couch. After saying a goodbye, they both left.

I sat back down before Annalise. "Is everything okay between them?" she asked.

"I think they'll be fine," I said. "They just have to do some talking."

"Oh, good," she said. "They seem perfect for each other and I really don't want to see them fighting or anything."

"You and me both," I said. "Although, if they ever break up, that means Canter might happen."

"It's kind of hard for Canter to happen when there's Cannalise."

"I guess you're right," I said, wrapping my arms around her and pulling her into a hug."I love you, you know that?"

"I love you, too," Annalise said with a thin smile.

"Hey, so when is the dance at your school?" I asked.

Annalise furrowed her eyebrows. "How'd you know about that?"

"My ex," I said honestly. "She called a few days ago, wanting me to fake a relationship with her and for me to go to the school dance with her. I said no, of course. Actually, I said hell no."

"Why would she want to form a fake relationship after dumping you, though?" Annalise asked.

"I don't even know what goes on in her head," I said. "So, when is the dance?"

"Next Friday," she said. "But I'm not going."

"Why?"

She shrugged. "I always want to go, but I never have anyone to hang out with at the dances. I end up just sitting alone."

"Then bring your very attractive boyfriend as a date."

"Really?" she asked. "You'd go there with me?"

"Why not?"

"Well....You're Cannon Venturi."

"And you're Annalise Jay, what's your point?"

"That you're a celebrity."

"So?" I asked. "Lise, I go to a public school. I go to dances all the time. I don't think it will be any different if I go to your school dance."

Annalise gave me a small smile. "So....You'll go with me?"

"Of course I will," I said. "I'll do anything for you."

Annalise's smile grew even wider, throwing her arms around me in another hug. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!"

I chuckled and hugged her back. "No problem, Lise."

____________

THEY'RE SO CUTE TOGETHER! I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!

So, what do you think is going on with Violet?

Since Cannon is a celebrity, news will get around about basically everything he does. Let's just say that next chapter, something he did got around. And certain people aren't happy when they find out....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

518K 6.7K 41
Dae Parker is just your average teen. She's survived high school without all the drama. Now comes college. And little does she know that's the total...
1K 95 17
WARNING!! I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH: YOU MIGHT NOT LIKE MY ENDING AS IT IS QUITE UBRUPT! THANK YOU. TAKE PRECAUTION. I WARNED YOU. Everyone has a...
7.4K 858 58
Book One in the "Saving" trilogy. After suffering a tragic accident when she was thirteen, Hadley Hayes, now seventeen, suffers from PTSD and haunti...
HONESTLY By Sunny Birch

General Fiction

933 2 26
Nicky Peters sets out on an emotional roller coaster when she creates a melody from an old high school journal entry which develops into her debut so...