Serendipity

By TheERain

Hiku and Miku are the twin children of Takumi Usui, the current King of Seika. One statement will lead them t... More

Chapter 1 - Hiku & Miku
Chapter 2 - Dandelions
Chapter 3 - Amber Eyes
Chapter 4 - Mother
Chapter 5 - Pandora's Box
Chapter 6 - The Letter
Chapter 7 - The Savior
Chapter 8 - The Marriage
Chapter 9 - Project Queen
Chapter 10 - Story Time
Chapter 11 - The Past
Chapter 12 - Love Lock
Chapter 13 - Answers
Chapter 14 - The Surprise
Chapter 15 - The Reunion
Chapter 16 - Apologies
Chapter 18 - Heros

Chapter 17 - Tora Igarashi + More

130 6 0
By TheERain

Tora Igarashi + More

10 minutes before Misaki and Usui meet:

Usui walked back into his bedroom chambers. Since it was his room, there was no need to knock, right? But the fact that Usui didn't even knock aggravated Tora even more. After trying on his blonde wig, Tora became annoyed at Usui's request.

"I can't believe I'm doing this," Tora grumbled, pretending that Takumi hadn't just walked in. "Out of all the ways I could've repaid him, of course he picks the most complicated. Honestly, I don't know how you deal with him, Satsuki."

"I don't know how he deals with you," Satsuki muttered back.

Tora, shocked by Satsuki's retort, looked at Satsuki, and then to Usui, who had a smirk across his face.

Tora started to fix his greyish white tie. "Come on... are you really still mad about that?"

Satsuki shook her head. "I don't know what you're talking about."

Usui shrugged and gave Tora a look that basically said, 'Well, she's clearly mad. So you really can't say anything that would make her mad.'

Ugh, you're no help. Tora turned back to the mirror in front of him and started to fix his blonde wig. "Well. Technically, it wasn't my fault." Tora tried to reason with her.

Oh, man. Boy was I wrong. Usui shook his head, knowing what was going to happen. "Uhm, so, I think this is the best time for me to leave. After all, we don't want people to see us and get suspicious..." He waved to Tora. "Good luck, Tora." On both the ball tonight and the current situation. With that, Usui left the room and walked down the hallway to Hiku and Miku's room, where he'd soon be met with a set of familiar eyes.

As soon as the door closed behind Usui, Satsuki shot a glare across the room to Tora. "What? Technically? Technically it wasn't your fault?!?!" Satsuki almost screamed. "Technically, I don't want to hear any of your excuses." Of all the stupid things he could say, he said it wasn't his fault. "But you don't hear me pathetically whining about it. Hurry up and get ready, we're already late."

Tora sensed that he would only make matters worse if he started to defend himself, so he just let it slide. "Fine, fine."

"Anyways, he'll be here tonight. So be on your best behavior." Satsuki explained in a cold tone. Tora swore that the room got colder once she started to talk.

Right as he was buttoning up the grey vest that matched with the jacket and pants, he sneezed. "Ahhh, someone must be talking about me."

...

"Tora Igarashi?" Misaki wanted to confirm. Well duh, that what he just said when you asked for his name.

Usui nodded. "And what sweet name could yours be?"

And then he smiled. A smile that could send warm rushes through Misaki's entire body. A smile that no one would trade for the world. A smile she felt so familiar and safe with. "Mi..."

"Mi?" Usui questioned. "That's your full name?"

Oh my gosh! I cannot believe you almost told him your full name! Don't let his smile catch you off guard Misaki! Even if he has a smile that makes you happy to be alive, and makes you feel even more human... "Mimi."

"Just Mimi? No last name?" Usui arched an eyebrow.

Misaki nervously nodded. Of course she was sure he knew she was lying. But she hoped that he'd respect her decision.

"Alright then, Mimi," Usui started. "Where are you from?"

"A small village outside of Takumisa," Misaki explained. "Have you heard of Mitaku?"

"Ahh, Mitaku." Usui nodded. "It has very beautiful beaches, doesn't it?"

"Y-yes, we're very proud of our beaches." Misaki smiled. It was a faked smile, but it's not like he'd know. "Anyways, where are you from, Igarashi-san?"

"Please, Call me T"

"T?"

"It's an odd nickname that my friends use."

Misaki brought the back of her hand to cover her soft giggle. "Am I your friend already?"

"Am I not yours?" Usui pouted.

"W-well," Misaki knew better than to give the man eye contact. From the moment she saw his emerald eyes, she knew that she wouldn't be able to withstand against them for long. I wonder if I have a weakness for all emerald colored eyes. Or maybe it's like that for everyone else too. I mean like, for Takumi, everyone loved his eyes too. Or maybe just all of his alien featur--

Usui waved his hand in front of Misaki's face. "Hello? Is that a no?"

Misaki, back from her deep thoughts looked in front of her. T's face was only inches away from her own face. His dazzling eyes stared back into her own. "Oh, well... I suppose you could be..."

Usui smirked. "Good." And then once again, he planted a kiss onto her cheek.

Misaki gasped, the cocky smirk he wore made her realize that she had just played into his hands. "Y-you're so..." Misaki had to think of the right word, but her mind was all jumbled up, she could barely talk. "So... mean!" She pushed him, but he didn't budge, so then she began to hit him. Not seriously of course. If she was serious, she might just rip the dress, or send the poor guy to the hospital.

"Well if being mean means that I get to see your different expressions," Usui grabbed both of her wrists and held them in place, so she couldn't move. "Then I suppose I'll have to be mean, swe--" Usui immediately pulled one of Misaki's wrists towards him, so she fell into his arms.

"W-what do you thi--"

"Just hold on for a second."

He had thought he heard a door close earlier, but now he was certain that someone was coming. Just as Usui has suspected, someone turned into the hallway that they were in. From the clicking of the footsteps, Misaki could tell it was a woman.

W-wait, if that person sees us together, then they'll think... uh oh. Misaki pushed herself from Usui's arms. She looked down the hallway and saw someone she knew very well. Same purple hair. Same height. Same face. Satsuki Hyodo. Except, she wasn't wearing her usual maid outfit. This time she was wearing a black dress. Well duh. The ball's tonight. So she's obviously dressed for it. Hurry up and hide! She'll recognize you immediately! Misaki couldn't find anywhere to hide, because she was trapped in the hallway, so she immediately went back to where she came from. The broad chest of T.

Satsuki was carrying an empty bag that used to carry the wigs and contacts. After her 'argument' with Tora, she almost immediately left the room. If he was going to be difficult, then she wouldn't help him. Honestly, men who don't take responsibility over their actions aren't real men. They're just boys in a man's body. Hmph. Satsuki shook her head, trying to hide the anger that was still evident on her face. As soon as she paid attention to where she was walking, she saw two people in that were embracing each other in the hallway. The man, she knew very well, and a blonde haired girl who was in the man's arms.

Usui recognized the footsteps, and was relieved. Thank goodness it's only just Satsuki. Judging from the way she's walking, the conversation must've been pretty heated.

"Good evening, Tora-san." Satsuki bowed to Usui. Of course, she had to make everything seem more realistic for his plan to work. "I can see you've got your hands full," Satsuki once again got a closer look of the blonde lady in his arms. "Just like the real jerk Tora." She muttered, not loud enough for anyone to hear. "Anyways, I shall take my leave. Master Usui will be making his speech soon. So you two should quickly make your way back to the ballroom." Satsuki bowed once more, and then left.

When Misaki heard Satsuki mention Usui, her body stiffened. Oh my gosh. I'm going to see him. I'm really going to meet him. Oh my gosh. We've already went over this whole process once before Misaki. There's no need to pa-- annnnnd I'm panicking. Oh jeez. Please let m--

"I know this is super comfortable, and I was going to let you stay in my arms for as long as you'd like... but at this point, we're going to miss the entire masquerade." Usui squeezed Misaki's body into his.

Misaki, finally back to reality, was beet red. She couldn't believe that she stayed in his arms for that long, and got lost in her thoughts. "I-I-I-I'm s-s-sorry." Misaki pushed herself away from Usui until she hit the opposite wall of the hallway. She just wanted to crawl in a hole and die.

Usui laughed. "No harm, No foul. It's just that we should get going. Didn't you hear that maid? The King is going to say his speech soon. We wouldn't want to miss that, now would we?"

"W-well, no one should miss his speech. After all, he is the King." Misaki let out a nervous laugh. "Then, we'd better hurry."

...

The layout of the ballroom was utterly amazing. The entrance to the room led to two stairs on the right and left side. The stairs curved, and combined to make one larger stairway that led to the ground floor.

On the left and right sides of the room, there were tall, glass doors that led to the garden. The doors were as high as the ceiling. The walls were filled with windows just as tall, however, there was only one door on each side that was centered exactly in the middle of each wall.

At the side opposite to the entrance was another stairway. This stairway was white, but a golden carpet covered most of it. The railings had designs that were embedded with gems. The regal staircase led to the most important thing in the entire room. The throne. The throne was as expensive looking as the rest of the room. It was made of gold, which was obviously a given. But it was a pretty simple throne. Expensive, but simple.

In the middle of the room, a huge crystal chandelier hung. The huge light had small crystals, that looked like droplets of rain in mid-air. The crystals were made of diamonds. Not just any type of diamond. They were made from the most expensive, the clear diamonds.

The floor glistened like the stars in a night sky. It was marble, but of course, the floor couldn't be that simple, right? Well, the marble was topped with tiny specs of diamonds, just for that little touch.

Music filled the entire ballroom, from one corner to the next. You could hear the sweet melody that came from the orchestra. Violins, cellos, bass, flutes, viola, french horns, saxophones, clarinets. If you could name the instrument, it was there. It was absolutely astonishing, hearing how all the different instruments could somehow create such beautiful sounds together.

"W-well, this is certainly..." Misaki was breathless. She had forgotten how beautiful the ballroom was.

Usui took her hand and turned towards her face. "Absolutely stunning?" He finished for her.

Once again, the man was able to make blood rush to Misaki's cheeks, turning them bright red. "W-w-well...I suppose..." But this time, Misaki stared right back into the emerald gems that were T's eyes. Two can play at this game. "But it's not as charming as you are." She smirked, and then walked away from T.

Usui's face was frozen. The cockiness that was once written all over his face was now gone. Soon, Usui's cheeks were a slight tint of pink. He started to laugh quietly to himself as the amber-eyed woman left him. "You never fail to amaze me." He shook his head slowly. A huge smile was stretched across his gorgeous face. Soon, even the women near him started to notice such a handsome man. After a moment, Takumi finally went off to find the unpredictable woman that had left him behind.

...

Misaki had started to explore the grand ballroom. Everywhere she looked, she saw beautiful dresses and tuxedos. Even the butlers that served horderves were dressed nicely. Misaki had stopped one of them to taste the delicious food.

I haven't eaten a thing all day long. I'm starving. Misaki had chosen to eat the tomato bruschetta that was one of her favorites. Actually, to be more precise, bruschetta was one of the first things that she hadn't made terribly.

"Excuse me," a voice interrupted Misaki right as she was going to take a bite of her horderve.

Misaki paused, closed her mouth, and then took a deep breath. Timing is everything here, isn't it? Misaki shut her eyes, and when she opened them, she forced her lips to curve into a smile.

Misaki turned around to see who had interrupted her before she went into a bliss heaven. "Yes?"

"I noticed that you came with him." The woman replied. Her hair was black as ebony, and was put up in a elegant bun. She had turquoise eyes that were like a metallic ocean with a hint of spring grass.

"Him?" Misaki questioned.

"You know... Tora. Tora Igarashi." The woman answered. "Are you two dating?" Before Misaki had a chance to reply, the woman started talking again. "You know, once he sees someone like me, he wouldn't think twice about leaving you."

Misaki was getting more and more annoyed by the woman's way of speaking to her. "I'm sorry dear. In order for you to insult me, I must first value your opinion." Misaki forced another smile. "Nice try though." And then she turned, and walked away. Honestly, I must be meeting the worst people ever. I didn't even know that girl. Misaki was now ticked off. The lady made her lose her appetite, and she was looking forward to eating the exquisite bruschetta. Well, it'd be a waste if I didn't eat it... and it's not as if I can put it back... So Misaki gave into her frugal side, and decided to eat the horderve, despite not having an appetite for it. But right as Misaki brought her hand to her mouth, another hand grabbed her wrist. Soon enough, her hand that was holding the tomato bruschetta was feeding a certain man in front of her.

"Mmmmm," Usui licked his lips. "That was quite a delectable. Thanks for the food."

Misaki opened her mouth to protest, but she couldn't really argue with him. After all, she didn't really want to eat it. So in a way, he helped her. Don't forget what you just went through, Misaki! He really brings you trouble! Misaki started glaring at Usui. "Tora."

"Hmm?" He cocked his head to the side.

"Do you know how much trouble you give me?" Misaki started to rub her temples.

"Trouble..." He pretended to think hard. "Trouble in your heart?"

Misaki pinched his cheeks. "Can't you be serious for one second?"

"I'm always serious about you." Usui tried to mouth. "But did something happen?"

"Did something happen? Lots of things happened!" Misaki exclaimed. "You don't have a very clean reputation with women, do you?"

"W-well. That's half true, and half false..." Usui tried to explain, running his fingers through his wig. Maybe it was a wrong idea to pick Tora to help me. I could've asked someone else. Anyone else, and that would have been fine...

Well, Misaki. You sure have a great eye for men. Two womanizers in a row. "I knew it." Misaki rolled her eyes, pushed Usui out of the way, and started walking anywhere, as long as it was far from him.

Right as Misaki was walking away, and Usui was trying to catch up to Misaki, the orchestra stopped playing. Actually, a majority stopped playing, but the trumpets started to play their solo.

After the trumpets, people started bowing. First it was one, and then two, and then before she knew it, everyone was bowing, even Tora(Usui in disguise). And Misaki knew exactly what was happening.

It's him. Will he see me? Of course he won't. There's hundreds of people here. There's no way he'd see me. I wonder how he looks... Misaki's mind rambled on. Before she knew it, she heard him. She thought that Tora(Usui in disguise) sounded like Takumi earlier in the twin's room. But this moment confirmed that she had heard wrong. It couldn't have sounded like Takumi, because Takumi (Tora in disguise) was standing in front of her now, talking. I missed him so much, that my mind turned Tora's voice into his... Just how long will I be completely infatuated with you, baka.

"Please raise your heads." Takumi's voice bellowed throughout the ballroom, replacing the dead silence.

Misaki was far from Takumi, but she was certain that it was him. She could differentiate his voice from anyone in the entire world. He had that rich, silky tone that would make anybody turn their head to find out who was talking.

"I'd like to thank everyone for coming out tonight." Takumi's voice continued. "As you all know, the main reason for this ball, is because I am looking for a new Queen. However, please do not let this burden any one of you at all. I wish for everyone to have a great time tonight. Thank you for coming to support me. Long live Seika!"

"Long live Seika!" The entire crowd bellowed back, clapping and whistling.

Right after the applause, the music came back on and everything returned to normal. Except it felt like the women in the room were now like a cougar waiting for the right time to strike.

On the other hand, Tora was worried that someone would catch on to the lip syncing. But luckily, it seemed like no one had. The hard part was done, now he just had to keep his mouth shut, smile, and enjoy the food.

"Servant," Tora called to a butler. "Have the chef cook me some omurice with ketchup."

"Right away, your majesty," the butler bowed, and then quickly made his way towards the kitchen.

"Omurice?" Satsuki raised an eyebrow.

"You'll see," Tora smiled at Satsuki, who just rolled her eyes in response. "On another note," Tora tried to change the subject. "I wonder where Takumi went." He tried to scan the room to find Takumi, but there were just too many people. And Takumi could have been anywhere.

"Girls are probably flocked around him right now." Satsuki replied, still not looking at Tora.

"Girls?"

"Well, of course. I gave him your ring that has your family's emblem on it. And because you're a well-known player, there are probably tons of women around him."

"Come on," Tora pleaded. "You know there's only one woman for me."

Right as Satsuki was going to scold him even more, the butler came back with the plate of omurice.

"For you." Tora smirked. "I know it's your favorite."

Satsuki stood there frozen. "You remembered...?"

"Of course." He grinned. "Take this as an apology for not making it to our dinner date last time."

"I don't know. You were supposed to meet my brother. But you decided to take that woman home."

"Well, she was drunk. What was I supposed to do? Leave her there alone in the midst of all those men?" Tora tried to reason, but then immediately took it back, realizing she wouldn't accept his apology if he didn't take it back. "You're right. It's all my fault. I really am sorry." Tora apologized trying to make his cutest puppy face.

Satsuki tried to look mad, but then couldn't hold in her giggles. "Fine. I accept your apology."

"Uhm, am I interrupting anything..." A voice cut in.

"Ahh! You're here!" Satsuki exclaimed, grabbing the person's arm.

Tora was a bit jealous that Satsuki could just grab a man's arm like that and stick to his side. "And who might you be?"

The man was a few inches shorter than Tora. He had blue eyes, ones that Tora seemed to recognize. He also had short, purple hair, that contrasted with his pale white skin.

"Tora!" Satsuki smiled, pulling the man closer to her. "This is my brother!"

Tora stared blank a few times, and then finally outstretched his hand towards the man. "Nice to meet you. I'm Tora Igarashi. Your sister's boyfriend."

The man shook hands with Tora. "Aoi. Aoi Sorals."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.4K 1.1K 24
If you are thinking that this is FemRyoma then, you are wrong. A twist of family secret and the side of Echizen Ryoga that was unknown by all will su...
112K 2.6K 12
A random short story about the relationship between everyone's fave anime couple, Usui Takumi and Ayuzawa Misaki!!! Also includes other characters, s...
18K 395 13
Muichiro Tokito x Reader- School AU!!!! Agh Im so excited to be doing this. Anyways, heres a preview of whats to come: Y/n Kamado is Tanjiro and Nezu...
11.4K 1.2K 38
Where an innocent hunt for job turns into something darker. Miku Hatsune is a not so normal sixteen year old with a not so typical teenage life. Liv...