United (Slowly Editing)

Par KurtDestin

Completed? [✖️] •••#10 under United••• >>Under Editing<< Five strangers wake up alone in a forest with no mem... Plus

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18

Part 13

9 2 1
Par KurtDestin

Lauren

»»»»§««««

After escaping the nightmare known as the Hunt, I thought I was finally free, but circumstances have brought me back into the game. And directly into danger...

"Give up now! There's no way out, freak! You're surrounded!"

'Oh shit, the guards! What should I do... I guess the only thing I could do, take them on.'

"Freak, huh? That's some big talk, but I'm not scared of the two of you."

"You sure as hell should be!" One yelled.

I walked forward and resumed "I'm going to give you two one chance to stand down. Take it or suffer." I crossed my arms.

"Now that's some big talk. This is what you get."

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

Both of the guards blew the residue off of the top of their guns and the other one said "We tried to warn you, freak."

I stood up and said "You're right, I am a freak because that tickled! If you're going to try and kill me again, your going to have to try way harder! Why don't you just go and get your big boy guns, you'll need them to take me down!"

"This isn't over, freak." The men said and ran off.

"Damn that hurt!" I muttered.

"So it is true, Blackwell was able to successfully create yet another Child of Frankenstein. I don't even see your scars, they really did perfect you. You even feel pain! You, my dear, are a miracle!" The woman smiled.

"Why don't you tell that to the people who were killed for "spare parts!""

"Wow! You even have a conscience?"

"Of course I do!" I yelled. "Despite what you have been told or may think, I'm still a person!"

"You aren't understanding, a monster with a conscience is something unheard of. It's never been done!"

"And how many monsters have you met?"

"Honestly, not many. The ones I have met were not like you though. I'm impressed with what Dr. Rutherford was able to create. You are a vision of excellence!"

"Dr. Rutherford? Are you talking about James?" I asked confused.

"Yes. He was the one in charge of the creating process."

"He's dead. One of Blackwell's monsters killed him. The monster was his fiancé."

"He's dead?" The woman asked shocked.

"Yes and so many more are going to die with him if I don't stop them!"

"I can't believe it... Especially the fact that Blackwell had Evelina kill him herself. She was always so loyal, so dependent. It's a shame..."

"I can't stop what Blackwell has created by myself.. I need Jeremy's help."

"Wait, the other Child of Frankenstein?"

"Yeah, he died in this room. What did you guys do with him?" I asked aggressively.

"We just followed protocol: remove the body, examine the body in the lab, and then destroy the body.."

"Where's the lab?"

"It's located in the heart of the city, hidden inside one of Blackwell Universal's main offices."

"Wow, hidden within plain sight..."

"Yes, I suppose you can put it that way." She sighed. "My name is Dr. Penelope Wrathburn. I thought you should know."

"Thank you, Dr. Wrathburn. You've done the right thing."

Hours passed slowly.

'Alright, new plan. I have to find a way into the city. If I don't get there in time, they'll destroy Jeremy's body and then I don't know what I'll do... I won't be able to do this alone. Plus, who else is going to believe my story anyways?' I walked further until making an abrupt halt 'This isn't working! If I have to walk all the way back to the city, I won't make it back for another week or so. I need to find some transportation. Blackwell's cabin can't be the only civilization out here, can he?'

I started wondering around the woods for another cabin. Around an hour after I began my search, I finally stumbled by a small cabin viewable because of the small clearing around it.

'Finally, something good happened! It looks like the place is empty. It's probably just a vacation home, especially since there's an old car by the front. But before I break into the car, I need to scope out the house first. Hopefully, there's something useful inside. I apologize to whoever owns this place!'

I walked up to the door and backed a few feet away. 3... 2... 1...

CRASH!

I fell to the floor and stood up quickly. I turned to see that I had successfully broken down the wooden door and was officially inside.

'This place looks pretty empty to me. There's also not much here I could necessarily use either- wait, is that what I- yes it is. A pistol! Please have ammo... Yes! A full clip! It's not much, but it'll do. This place also looks like it's had a woman's touch to it. Maybe there is some clothing I could borrow. After all, Blackwell's agents are looking for someone with these clothes on. I need to fly under the radar, if not, I'll get caught... Hopefully, luck is on my side. Ah, here we go...'

I took off the clothing I wore until I was left in my undergarments. I bent down and grabbed a pair of skinny jeans and a Paris t-shirt. I also pulled my hair back into a ponytail and brushed out my tangled hair. I added a pair of sunglasses and was finished with my disguise.

'Good, this should throw them off. Now my next plan, grand theft auto.'

Hours of driving passed and every minute made me grow more and more suspicious of what was to come next.

I stood outside of Blackwell's office building complex in relief.

'Thank god, I made it undetected! Now I need to find a way to sneak inside Blackwell's building, find Jeremy's body, and bring him back. That shouldn't be too difficult, right? Oh well, this is the building. Blackwell Universal Office Building, more like Blackwell's Mental Studio! Anyways, here I go...'

I entered the building and looked around the lobby.

'Oh great, more men! After the crap I've put up with today, these guys will hopefully be easy-'

"Miss, are you going to stand there all night or what?" The younger guard asked.

"Yes, why are you here?" The older one said aggressively.

'I wonder if I just say what I'm thinking, they'll just go along with it..'

"I'm looking for the lab." I said bluntly.

"I believe you might have the wrong building, this is an office complex." The younger one said annoyed.

"Damn, I thought the direct approach might actually work! I thought if I said the truth, you two would also. Guess not." I sighed.

"We are." The younger one rolled his eyes.

"I know exactly what's going on here! Please just let me pass through!"

"You've got quite a sense of humor, Miss. But whatever you think you know, you're wrong." The older one crossed his arms.

"Yeah, now leave before we call security."

"You don't want to do this, you have no clue of what I am capable of."

"Excuse me, was that a threat?" The younger one asked suspiciously.

"Wow, she's real frightening. Just plain scary!" The older one said sarcastically.

"You have no clue how correct you are."

"We're trembling. Now leave." The younger one said seriously. "Don't come back unless you have a scheduled appointment."

"How am I suppose to do that?"

"I don't know and I don't care either. Now go!"

'Looks like that younger guy doesn't like me very much. I'll have to sneak in later, I'd rather save my bullets for later...'

A man walked in through the door with slicked back black hair and smiled "Ladies?" Three girls entered the room, all in short and tight dresses, smiling ridiculously at the man. "What would you lovely girls like to see first?"

"I want to look at your office!" One girl smiled.

"Alright, Ella. That's one vote. What about you, Natalie?"

"I want to go on the roof!"

"That sounds great! We actually have a gigantic garden located on the roof which is quite the view. And last but not least, Terra?"

"I'd like to go somewhere, private." The last girl smirked.

"Sounds fun. We'll do all three! Good evening, boys!" The man waved at the two guards.

"Welcome back, Mr. Johnson." The younger one said.

"Looking superb, Mr. Johnson." The older one smiled.

"Of course, I do have a reputation to maintain, you know? Would you please buzz me into the elevator, boys?"

"Of course, Mr. Johnson!" Both of the guards said simultaneously.

"Follow me, ladies." The man smirked and led the girls into the elevator.

'That is disgusting! What kind of whores would do that piece of work? Then again...'

"Hey, guys. Erm- I'm actually with them! Buzz me in?" I said nervously.

"Ha! Yeah right! I doubt that!" The younger one laughed.

"Trent Johnson prefers for his women to be within the... higher class. Not some trailer trash from the local asylum." The younger one wiped his brow.

"Try harder next time, Miss."

"This isn't the last you'll see of me! Just you wait!" I yelled and left the building.

"Call Headquarters. They'll want to hear about this." The younger man said softly.

'That didn't go as planned. I need something to calm down, I need a drink!'

I looked around and saw a bar a few doors down from the office. I started walking and stopped at the front of the bar.

"Lightening Point? That's a weird name, but it'll do!"

I entered and hurried right to a bar stool.

'Sitting down feels so good on my feet! I honestly don't know if I was a drinker back before all this either, but I guess I'll have to find out myself.'

"Hey, what can I get for ya'?" The bartender asked.

"A drink."

"What kind?"

"Alcohol."

"Haha!" The woman laughed "You have to be more specific than that!"

"Just something strong, very strong."

"You're easy to please, darlin'. The name's Lorale. Let me know if I can get you anything else. I'll be right back with your... alcohol." She said walking off.

'After this, I need to come up with a quick plan to get back in. Jeremy is running out of time in there, I hope it's not too late...'

"C'mon you guys! We don't have much time!"

"What?" I muttered and saw a group of four huddled together.

"Those bastards at Blackwell Universal are torturing their patients. We have to get them out before it's too late!" One of the guys yelled.

"Huh?"

"Oh- um- yeah? Was I being too loud?" He asked blushing.

"Kinda... Okay, yes. I overheard what you were saying about Blackwell Universal."

"Sorry, I get really angry about them. You know that that are destroying innocent lives!"

"Finally! Someone who knows the truth-"

"Here's your wine cooler. I have a feeling that you're a lightweight." The bartender said and handed me the drink.

"Thanks, what do I owe you?"

"Don't worry about-"

"May I buy her that drink?" The guy asked.

"Sorry, he does this a lot."

"Don't worry, I'll take it." I smiled.

"Look, Brody is a nice guy, but he's a lot of talk. I wouldn't believe all the things he says."

"Noted."

"Good." Lorale nodded and walked off.

"Hey, I'm Brody." The dude smiled.

"I'm Lauren." I said sipping my drink.

"That's Brianna."

"It's nice to meet you!" She waved.

"This one is Lacey."

"What's up?" She asked grinning.

"And this is-"

"The name's Fiona, but call me Faye."

"It's nice to meet you all. So what was it that I heard about Blackwell Universal ruining lives?"

"They're a stone-hearted group of awful people!"

"You are so dramatic, Brianna." Faye said staring at me.

"You said something about them taking-" I began.

"Yeah, right off the streets." Brody frowned.

"Ripping them away from their families!" Lacey sighed.

"Performing tests on them. It's dark." Faye sighed.

"Isn't it just cruel?" Brianna obliged.

"We know that they have a secret laboratory hidden in the office complex across the street. We plan to shut it down."

"It's about time I found someone who knows the truth! I'm here for the same reason. I lost someone very dear to me, his name is Jeremy."

"Just another victim of their sick game!" Brianna growled.

"They're heartless when it comes to compassion." Lacey sighed.

"We've all lost someone to them." Faye frowned.

"I'm so sorry to hear that."

"So this Jeremy you mentioned, what breed is he?" Brody questioned.

"Breed?"

"Lenny is a German Shepard." Brody sighed.

"Thor was a blonde lab." Brianna cried.

"Ginger was a corgi mix." Lacey winced.

"Star is my black cat for good luck." Faye bit her lip.

"Wh- I mean I apologize that they took your pets. It must feel awful to go through the tragedy."

"Without Star, the sun doesn't shine on my cold heart." Faye cried.

"The only difference is, Jeremy isn't an animal. He's my... boyfriend? Husband? Soulmate?"

"Oh, your married? Damn..." Brody sighed.

"We mostly fight for animal rights." Brianna crossed her arms.

"Yeah, sorry." Lacey bowed her head.

"Who are you guys?"

"We are the ARA. The Animal Rights Activists."

"We speak for the voiceless!" Brianna smiled. "We fight for the ones who can't! The innocent!"

"That slogan could really use some work." Faye crossed her arms.

"I know." Brianna sighed.

"We have huge plans, life-changing plans! We just can't talk about it here, too many ears and even more important, too many mouths. Let's go somewhere more... private. We could go to my place, if you'd like."

"Sounds like a plan. Let's go." I nodded and we left the bar. I rode in the car with the others for 15 minutes until we made it to the large house.

"This is quite a home you've got, Brody!"

"Yeah, it use to belong to my parents. They left it to me when they died a while back."

"Yeah, and millions of dollars!" Brianna teased.

"Your so damn lucky." Faye muttered.

"Chill, Faye." Lacey whispered.

"That's the entire reason why I started the ARA, so that I could do something meaningful with what my parents left me."

"You're extremely noble, Brody. So what's the plan?"

"P-plan?" Brody questioned.

"To break into Blackwell Universal's office complex, duh!" Faye rolled her eyes.

"Actually, I don't really have much of a plan made yet, but I have been watching the building lately."

"What did you learn?"

"Well, there's someone there who orders way too much takeout, and their mailman is always grouchy..."

"Get to the important stuff, Brody!" Brianna yelled.

"She read my mind." Faye laughed.

"Um... Their secretaries are smoking hot!"

"The important stuff, Brody!"

"Sorry, I thought it was important... Anyways, one of the higher ranked members of Blackwell Universal likes to bring girls up to his office for a little *cough* extra hours. He does it a few times a night."

"You're right, his name is Trent Johnson. I saw him go inside the office complex with 3 girls. They looked like whores."

"I thought they were cute..." Brody mumbled.

"Typical."

"Hey, I say if you got it, flaunt it!"

"They were most certainly flaunting it, that's for sure!"

"So how could that help us get inside the building?" Brianna asked.

"Good question." Brody said bluntly.

"The way I'm viewing this is, they have what we want inside. They have what we care about, our loved ones. So I don't give a shit how we do this, we are breaking into that building!"

"We are?" Brody asked.

"Seriously?" Lacey's jaw dropped.

"When?" Faye asked staring at her hands.

"The way I see it, the clock is ticking. We don't have any time to waste, we are breaking in tonight!"

A/N: Hey guys! So what's next? Now that Lauren and her new companions are breaking into Blackwell's office building, will they find what they need? Will Jeremy come back? Find out soon! Thanks!
~KurtDestin

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

431 109 20
She couldn't remember anything. Woke up in a dark cold place, Elliot Mirage must now find a way out, but if only things were just that simple. Time h...
4.6K 486 40
Book ONE of Out Of... series •~•~• To be scared of something is to not want to be near it, or see it...or feel it. To fear something is the same th...
2.5K 132 40
"I scanned my surroundings, attempting to identify where I was. Or more importantly...who I was." One day. One forest. One girl. A Jane Doe is found...
One by one Par Hello

Mystère / Thriller

221 6 22
It wasn't very difficult to plan out my first victim. I watched them all day, studied their movements, listened to their conversations, and watched t...