Biting Temptation

By Misguided

The fight for love is never-ending. And for Evie and Michael it proves to be just that. After believing a sad... More

Biting Temptation
1: Future
2: Winding Down
3: Persuasive Customer
4: Own Adventure
5: Rainbows & Flowers
6: New Plan
8: "I don't forget."
9: Illness
10: Unexpected Return
11: Her Maker
12: Coyote Ugly
13: Mistakes
14: Regular Hero
15: Power
16: Family
17: Arrivals
18: Trust... Again
19: Release
20: Final
21: Reborn
22: Worries
23: Dealing
24: Not Today
25: My Fault
26: Crack
27: Sired
28: Sixty Minutes
29: Until Dawn
30: Penultimate
31: End
Epilogue.

7: Over and Over

84.6K 1.9K 86
By Misguided

I'll Be Your Man - The Black Keys

Sexual content warning ;)

_________________

The arrow sailed and swished through the air like lightening and hit the painted white circle on the tree.

"Nice one," Kate chuckled. "Now throw this knife."

"Aren't I the teacher?" Lewis piped in from his seat on the ground.

"You're not doing anything to help, you're too busy daydreaming. Evie here," 

I threw the crossbow to Lewis and smirked when it hit him in the lap. He glared at me before rolling his eyes. Kate handed me a combat knife. Soldiers used these knives according to Lewis.

"Wait." Lew stood placing the crossbow on the ground. "Let's play a game," He said as he walked over to the two bags he brought with him every time we went training out here in the woods. "See this?" He rifled through the bags and suddenly Katherine was by my side shaking her head. Obviously she'd seen what was about to happen. Her wild eyes and clenching fists was a tell tale sign.

He pulled out a small bottle that would usually hold something like vanilla extract or food colouring and for a minute I just stared at it.

Lewis held the bottle in front of me for what seemed like forever until I realised what it was and gasped.

"Why the hell have you got that?"

"Just in case one of you injures yourself. Michael graciously gave me a few vials of blood."

"Friggin' nutcase." Kate mumbled, walking around him. "You can't and won't do it. Michael will flip."

I narrowed my gaze. "Can't and won't what?" 

"Fight me, of course. Then again you're not a vampire and if you stab me which you won't anyway, I won't exactly bounce back."

"And he refuses to take vampire blood," Kate added. "So if you kill him then that's it. Although I 'see' you won't but, Evie if you do this you'll-" 

"Don't tell her, I want to see for myself." Lew advanced toward me and my eyes widened, gripping the handle of the blade tighter.

"I'm just as fast as a vampire Evie." Lew explained as he threw a punch I narrowly missed. Shit, ah, oh dear. A proud looking smile crossed his face as he threw another I ducked by the skin of my teeth and stumbled back a little. 

I'm going to die. 

"You're pretty fast, which I've noticed. But you need to have faster reflexes to avoid and stab a vampire. Whether it's a new one or not." And just like that he threw three more punches, one of which I pushed away with my free hand, another that skimmed my hip and I flinched and the other I flicked the tip of the knife along his wrist.... By accident!

"Ah, Lew I'm- oft!" His arm wrapped around my neck and he brought my back into his chest with a hard thump. The arm around my neck tightening and his other arm gripping both of my wrists trying to pry the knife from my hand.

"Lewis," Katherine warned but I couldn't listen. He was cutting off my damn air supply. "Lewis don't-!"

The knife that was previously in my hands was now being pressed into my abdomen and I winced at the prick of the blade. I clawed at his arm grumbling his name, aware my vision was fading.

But then he was yanked away from me.

I inhaled sharply, putting my hands to my knees and hyperventilated for a few seconds before turning my gaze toward him. It was Nate. He glanced at my waist before glaring at him.

"Have you lost your ever-loving mind?" He growled at him, picking him up by the scruff of his shirt.

"I'm teaching her-"

"You stabbed her!"

"She's barely bleeding."

I looked down at my side and sighed. "For God sake." Either I was in shock or there was a reason I couldn't feel it stinging...

Wait... Okay, now it's throbbing. 

Katherine helped me up and handed me the vial. "Quickly. You won't die but we don't want a lot on your clothes."

I emptied the small bottle in a few gulps and sat on the ground, slightly dizzy, to watch Kate and Nate yell at Lewis. 

It was odd, watching the small puncture heal. It took half hour but by the time Nate had helped me up it was nothing but a scar. And I felt alive.

"Ready to go?" Nate asked softly but I grinned and shook my head. 

"God, no. I feel way better. Although I'd very much like to kill Lewis right now I think I should carry on."

Nate looked at me as if I were crazy now. "Evie-"

"Nope. Nate, you can go if you want. Kate, are you staying?"

Call me crazy, but I did want to carry on. The boost in energy from Mike's blood made me want to try harder. Katherine stayed and so did Nate as we worked without stakes and knives. Lewis apologised swiftly after Nate punched him in the arm and I accepted it without any qualms. That was until I knocked him onto his ass.

Kate started laughing as I stood from straddling Lewis' chest and grabbed his hand to help him up. Lewis looked angry but the amusement in his eyes was hard to ignore.

Training with Lewis was always fun, albeit today could be an exception, but learning what to do and what not to do was exciting. Since we'd all agreed on a new plan a few days ago, Lew agreed to start training me more just in case. He'd heard about what happened at Yates and actually applauded me. 

 "So," I started as Kate passed a traffic light on our way home. "Did you ever go on that date with Micah."

A smile spread across my face when Kate's olive toned cheeks burnt red. "No."

"Why not?"

"Because."

I waited for the explanation but none came. "Why not, Kate?"

"I said, 'because.' He caught me off guard."

"So you just... didn't go to dinner?"

"No, I just didn't call him to confirm. So, we didn't bother."

I rolled my eyes. "You mean you didn't bother."

"Look, the man is infuriating." She complained.

"He's charming."

"He's annoying."

"Well, that means you two have a lot in common." I laughed. "You know what they say about blind men, Katherine?"

I noted the way her hands tightened on the steering wheel and her cheeks burnt deeper. "What?"

She knew exactly what I was about to say. "They may not be able to see but that only strengthens every other of their senses. Like touch. And I heard this rumour that you can't fake it with them, they'll know if you have. Satisfaction guaranteed babe."

If Kate was a vampire, that steering wheel would be crumpled to pieces. It was funny seeing her all flustered and unsure of what to do. Micah would be perfect for her purely because he was the only one that could get under her skin and get away with it. He can get around her visions and Kate couldn't do anything about it.

By the time Kate dropped me home I wanted nothing more than to curl into a ball and die. The blood had worn off quicker than expected. An hour tops. My body ached and all I wanted to do was lie down and dip my feet in a bucket of hot water with bath oils.

But when I rounded the corner of the living room - aware that one of my favourite songs by The Black Keys was playing - and was grabbed by a Michael that was only covered by a white towel wrapped around his waist I knew that wasn't going to happen.

"Good morning." He murmured huskily holding me by the hips and pressing delicate kisses along my neck.

"Um, hello." I laughed a little. "Are you okay?"

"I woke up an hour ago and I've been craving you since."

I blinked and opened my mouth on a silent gasp when I felt a certain member of his body press against me through his towel and my jogging pants. His fingers roamed near the edge of my shirt and I grabbed his wrist.

"So your morning has been..."

"Uneventful," he growled. "You didn't tell me you were training today."

"Kate text me last-" He held me tighter against him and a blush warmed my cheeks. "Last night." 

"Mhm," His large hands curled around my thighs and lifted me to anchor me against the wall. His hips were positioned against mine, keeping me eye level with him. Michael's wickedly attractive lips curled into a hungry smile before he captured my lips and devoured my very soul against the wall in the living room. I melted within his arms, wrapping my arms around his neck and clutching him closer. Forget about relaxing, this was worth the few aches and pains of my muscles.

He held me by my bottom and carried me away from the wall to God knows where until I felt the bed beneath me. Either he was too lazy to go upstairs and we were in the guest room or we were being engulfed by the sheets in our bedroom.

Judging by his scent enveloping me and the colour of the comforter, it was our bedroom. Before I knew what was happening, he'd hooked his fingers into my underwear and jogging pants and yanked them off. His towel must have dropped ages ago because we were now skin against skin. I pulled off my t-shirt and he unhooked my bra without even breaking contact with my mouth. His tongue licked across mine and his hands were everywhere; I had no idea what had come over him but lord have mercy I was buzzing.

His hand covered my most sensitive area and a quiet moan escaped my lips. His fingers teased and stroked against me, my back arching as he brought me closer and closer to that burst of pure ecstasy. 

His lips feathered down my chest as the pressure built inside of me. Just as I was about to surrender myself to that blissful feeling of pleasure, he'd removed his hand and there was that distinct and recognisable rip of a wrapper before he was buried deep within.

Michael moved at a torturous leisurely pace, his mouth biting and tugging at my earlobe. 

And as I parted my lips to moan he said, "I smelt the blood, Evie."

I closed my mouth but yelped and tightened my legs around his waist when he lightly nipped my shoulder. "Ah- oh. Um, it was-"

"Yes?" He growled thrusting deeper inside me causing a wave of warmth to spread throughout my veins. My heart picked up tenfold. So close...

"Nothing, it was nothing." I sighed allowing his mouth to open against my neck. "Faster..."

"No, tell me."

"Michael, please not now." My nails sunk into his shoulders and dragged along his back. He paused and I groaned. "Please, we'll talk about it later."

He leaned back and stared down at me, the desire was clear in his forest green eyes but the clench of his jaw and purse to his lips said otherwise. "Tell me now or I'll bring you right to the edge and stop."

I narrowed my eyes. "Don't you dare."

"I'll do it over and over and over until you're a quivering mess, Evie. Tell me."

A part of me, the starved temptress side of me, wanted to challenge him. He couldn't possibly endure that agony that long, no. He couldn't... 

But before I could consider anything further, he'd lowered his mouth to my bréast and he began to move at an animalistic pace. His palm gripping my thighs and squeezing; his mouth doing wonders on my body. He was hitting all of my senses and I couldn't take it. And just as I was about to jump into oblivion he stopped. Two more torturous time's he'd done this to me, I was breaking a sweat and I was shaking with the need for... release.

Michael lifted me so I was sitting atop his thighs. I rested my damp forehead on top of his shoulder and muttered in a raspy voice, "You bastard." 

"This hasn't been easy on me either, Evangeline." He grumbled. "But I've enjoyed it nonetheless. Now would you like to tell me? And I'll finish you quickly."

I inhaled sharply and nodded.

"Okay... Would you like to say it now or...?"

"I'm catching my breath." I murmured. "Lewis played a little rough and he pricked me with a knife. It wasn't too bad but it bled quite a bit so Kate gave me your blood. It's not a big deal."

He took a deep breath and sighed. "See that wasn't so hard was it?"

And just like that, Michael brought me to an explosive climáx that lasted an eternity. The devilish man apologised by running us a bath and cradling my exhausted body between his legs. He'd screwed me into nothingness and now he was running his hands and lips along my skin as if I were glass. 

"I'll deal with Lewis later," He murmured against my shoulder wrapping his arms around my waist. I leaned my head back and allowed him to lather my body in lavender bathing soaps. "Was he really that rough with you?"

"No." I sighed.

"Was I?"

I couldn't help but smile as I eyed the slight bruise on the outside of my thigh. "Yeah."

His fingers ran through my hair. "Did you like it?"

My smile widened. "It's always refreshing when you dictate."

His chuckle echoed through the bathroom.

**

"Wake up, idiot."

I lifted my heavy head and glared at my younger brother sitting on the armchair across the coffee table. My bulk-of-muscle of a brother threw a pillow at me and I winced. Even a pillow hurt, oh dear. I'm going to be in serious pain tomorrow.

Aaron turned up almost three hours after Michael and I had finished bathing. I did note to him that he'd already showered before I'd even got in but he'd protested saying sharing a bath with me was ten times better than his shower.

"Sorry if I'm exhausted." I said curtly, sitting up straighter. "Were you talking about anything important? No?"

"I was talking about my birthday in a few months."

"So... nothing important."

He narrowed his icy blue eyes and quirked his upper lip. "Are you tired, Eve?"

"Exhausted."

"What a shame. I'm staying until late."

"You're not staying after dark." I said. "Did you drive here?"

"Yeah. Fine, mom said I had to be over for dinner anyway."

"How's uni?"

Aaron moved from the armchair to sit beside me and once again I flinched. He gave me an odd look before chuckling. "It's fine. But football isn't the same. When's John coming back?"

I adjusted my body against the pillows and shrugged a little. "Soon."

Celia walked into the living room and smiled warmly at Aaron before facing me. Her face formed into a grimace as her gaze touched my body from head to toe. "Goodness dear, you look tense. What've you been doing?"

"The gym with Lew," I sent her a look and gestured discreetly at Aaron.

"Oh. Well, be sure to take a bath this evening to relax your muscles."

"I had one earlier, it helped."

Michael had left earlier to seek out Lew, sending Celia over to make sure I didn't fall down the stairs or collapse.

As Celia walked away I caught Aaron eyeing her. "She's married and about twenty years older than you."

Aaron shrugged a shoulder. "I'm admiring."

"You're disgusting." I scowled playfully.

"Why have you not introduced me to any of your friends that are as beautiful as Pamela and Celia?"

Because it'll be over my dead body before I allow you to be with a vampire. "Because my beautiful friends are all married or not single."

"Speaking of married," He started and I groaned. "When's lovely Michael popping the question? How long have you been together now? Two? Three years?"

The promise ring hanging from my neck was starting to burn a hole in my chest. I hadn't technically told a soul about Michael's promise to marry me. Kate had known and told Pam; Kate had also told Amy when she was here... so basically Kate had told everyone. And after ripping her a new one I'd made her promise not to tell anyone else.

"I don't know, Aaron." I finally answered.

"Want me to talk to him?"

"Please sweet lord do not talk to him about it."

From the corner of my eye I saw Celia poke her head in from the kitchen and smile at me. I darted my eyes into a roll and turned my gaze back toward my meddling brother. "Michael and I are extremely happy so please no speaking to mom or dad about us getting married. You'll only fuel mom to throw hints left, right and centre."

"I can, you know," He squared his shoulders and pushed the sleeves of his shirt up. "Intimidate him."

"Oh, please. You may look like a bulldozer now but Michael would destroy you."

Aaron grabbed me by the shoulders and pulled me into his side all the while I was telling him to stop and complaining about the pain in my shoulders. He ignored all of my pleas and began to scruff up my hair.

He may be my little eighteen year old brother but he was too big to push around anymore which was kind of a shame.

Aaron stayed until around five, lazing around the living room with me whilst Celia played mom and got me an icepack and made both of us sandwiches. By half five Celia hugged me goodbye and Michael walked in from the hall with a smirk on his face.

"Are you still hurting?"

"I've moved once to pee, what do you think?"

He slowly sat beside me. "I found Lewis."

"Is he dead?" I clicked the button on the remote to turn it onto a movie channel. Ooh, Sixteen Candles is on.

"I was tempted." He admitted grabbing my free hand. "But what good would that do if he doesn't actually die? So I just punched him instead."

"I bet he appreciated that."

"Actually he didn't. He hit me back,"

I swung my head toward him and sighed at the bruise on his cheekbone.

"It was worse earlier." The smile that spread across Michael's face was one I hadn't seen in a long, long time. It was that ever trusting carefree smile I remembered I would one day pray to see all those years ago. Mike hadn't smiled like this in a long time.

It was moments like these and moments like our bath earlier that made us forget about everything that was going on around us. It made me remember the good times, the times where we had nothing to worry about. That time would come again soon. I knew it would.

"Well, don't go 'knight in shining armour' with a vampire hunter again." I turned back to the TV and lay my head on his shoulder. "He could have done worse than a punch to the cheek."

"If Callum wasn't there then he probably would have."

I yawned. "Exactly."

"Why don't we go to bed? Get an early night. Are you hungry?"

"Celia fed me earlier, I'm full." I murmured.

Michael helped me upstairs and helped me change into one of his t-shirts before settling in with me. He delicately wrapped himself around me, kissing the nape of my neck sighing. "I am sorry about earlier."

"Don't be. It's the most fun we've had in weeks." I chuckled.

"If you weren't completely spent, I'd say we could further the fun." His calloused fingers tickled along my thigh. "Too bad I wore you out."

I chewed my bottom lip to control my smile. "I'll get you back, Mike."

"I'll be patiently waiting, Dimples."

_____________________________________

Oh those two... *loving sigh* this was more of a relaxed chapter for them... sort of. They needed it.

GUYS: You'll be happy to hear Amy and John will be returning soon *cheers* but will it be for the right reason?

COMMENTS <3 Hope everyone did well on their results!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

329K 19.1K 36
[BOOK THREE] "Falling in love was never a plan, Minnie." I sighed, fingers reaching up to rub my temples as I blinked my very translucent eyelids...
4.1K 117 39
Evangeline Summerton had always had a rough life. Her mother is a jobless tramp and abuses her physically and mentally and she doesn't even have a cl...
70.5K 982 13
Stellar is a vampire who's already seen his own brother die of not getting the specific blood he needs. Stellar has the same problem. If he doesn't g...
17.2M 313K 56
There wasn't anything setting Evangeline O'Shea differently from someone you notice very briefly on a train to the person buying a carton of milk and...