Help Isn't Such a Bad Thing (...

By myenglishirishboys

Harry's life isn't exactly something that he's happy with. It's not that he doesn't have wonderful friends an... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15.
Author's Note!
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.
Author's note!
Chapter 21.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24. (Mature)
Chapter 25. (Last Chapter)
Author's note. please read.

Chapter 20.

8.4K 390 203
By myenglishirishboys

Woo! Only a few chapters left guys! Honestly I don’t know if I should do an epilogue or what so I need your opinions!!! Thanks for all the love! You guys are awesome! -Sami

Chapter Twenty:

Harry’s POV:

I sighed as I stared up at the same boring white ceiling that I had been looking at for the past few hours since I had woken up. Zayn had spent the night with me at the hospital so I wouldn’t get lonely while my parents went home to rest up for work and for that I was extremely thankful. I hadn’t realized how boring sitting in a sterilized room alone hooked up to an IV (and whatever other stupid medical machines they had) could be. I had grown tired of watching the same tv programs over and over and I was most definitely getting annoyed with the nurses coming in every 10 minutes to ask me if I needed anything. I was happy that these people were taking such good care of me but was it really necessary to check in on me so often? I didn’t think so.

I looked at the ticking clock on the wall hoping that I was almost time for school to get out so I could see my loving boyfriend again. I was sort of nervous for him to get back because the nurse had brought me the gift that I had bought for him at the mall before the accident and I was going to give it to him today. I knew it wasn’t like I was proposing to him or anything but it was my first gift to him and I really wanted him to like it. What if he thought it was stupid? I mean who buys their boyfriend a knife to tell them that they love them?

But was that what it was really for? Did I really want Zayn to know that I loved him? I didn’t even know for sure that I was in love with him myself. I suppose it seemed like love though. I mean every time I hear his voice I can’t help but smile and when he touches me my heart beats at 10000 times per second. His eyes are the most gorgeous things I have ever seen in my life and every move he makes drives me crazy. Maybe love was too strong of a word to describe my feelings for him right now but I definitely liked him a lot. More than I had ever liked anyone. He was just so perfect in every way to me and the thought of losing him again was just unbearable.

I looked back up at the clock and saw that it was now 4:13. I smiled and grabbed my phone to text Zayn and ask if he was on his way when the door was slowly opened. Zayn walked in with his backpack thrown over one shoulder and my backpack on the other. He smiled when he saw me and set our bags down before walking over and placing a kiss on my cheek.

“I’ve been waiting for that all day.”

He chuckled, “You’re such a corn flake.”

“Maybe I am but I’m your corn flake. How was school today?”

He pulled a chair up next to my bed and shrugged, “Eh. It was fine I guess.”

“Oh no. What happened?”

“Nothing. I just said that it was fine.” I knew he was saying things went alright but I could see it in his eyes that there was something he wasn’t telling me.

I put my hand on his cheek and made him look me in the eyes, “You can tell me Zayn. You know that I’m here for you no matter what. I just want you to open up to me.”

He let out a long sigh, “There were just some people that were saying things. They’re lucky that I didn’t beat the fuck out of them.”

“What did they say babe?”

He shook his head, “It’s not important. All that’s important as that I’m here with you.”

“Now who’s the corn flake?” We both laughed and I asked, “Are you sure you don’t want to talk about it?”

“I just don’t want you to be worrying about it. You’re already in all of this pain and I don’t want to make your recovery any worse than it has to be.”

“You won’t.”

He looked down at his hands and began playing with his fingers like he always did when he got nervous. “People were spreading rumors that you were in the hospital because of me. They said that I beat you and raped you and…”

I could tell that he was holding back tears at this point and I just didn’t want to see him this way. It broke my heart that people could say things like this about someone that would never hurt me in a million years. I pulled him close to me and put my arms around his shoulders.

“Don’t listen to them. They don’t know a damn thing about us. They may think that they know you but they’re just stupid assholes that think they know everything and anything.” I pulled away and made him look at me, “You are the most lovely caring person that I know and nobody knows you like I do. You may look a little tough but I know that you’re just my big teddy bear.” He cracked a tiny smile, “See? There’s a lot of adorableness behind that rough tough exterior.”

I pinched his cheeks and he swatted my hand away, “Please don’t do that. Ever.”

I laughed, “Why? Does it bother my little pookie bear?”

He gave me a look of disgust before shaking his head, “Don’t do that ever again either. I don’t like those lovey dovey nicknames. They disgust me.”

“Well too bad. You’re my pookie bear.”

He rolled his eyes, “Well if I’m you’re pookie bear then you’re my snuggleable cuddle muffin.”

When he realized what he just called me he face palmed himself and I burst out in a fit of laughter. It hurt my ribs to laugh so hard but I just couldn’t stop and after a few seconds of me laughing he joined in.

“Well I just came to drop these books off. I need to go home and get some clean clothes so I can stay the night here with you.”

I nodded, “Can I have one more kiss before you go?”

He smirked and leaned down to kiss me once more before walking out of my room and into the hallway.

Zayn’s POV:

As I walked down the road to my house I prepared myself for what would happen next. I knew that behind that door would be a very angry man that really wanted to beat the fuck out of me for not being around much. In all honesty he didn’t care that I wasn’t home because he worried, all he cared about was making me miserable. So if I’m not home then it makes it impossible for him to do that and it’s just not acceptable to him. I stepped a foot onto the driveway and took a deep breath before walking up to the door and turning the knob.

“Just get your stuff and get out Zayn.” I whispered to myself before pushing the door open quietly.

I was hoping that the stupid bastard would be sleeping with a bottle of whisky in his hand like he normally did in the afternoon but when I heard a voice scream “Who’s there?!” I knew that my luck wasn’t going to be too wonderful.

I saw him leaning up against the doorframe in the kitchen and when he saw it was me a big smirk spread across his face, “So you decided to come back home huh?”

I didn’t answer. All I did was look to the hallway where my room was and planned how I would get through this without being harmed.

“Hey! I’m fucking talking to you! Answer me!” When I didn’t say anything he smashed his bottle against the wall and I made a run for my room. I knew that he wasn’t as fast as me but that didn’t mean that he couldn’t hurt me. When I made it to my door a put my hand on the knob but before I could turn it something hard hit me in the side of the head and I fell to the floor. I tried to get up but I didn’t have enough time and before I knew it I was being kicked in the stomach over and over again.

 Don’t let him do this to you Zayn. You don’t have to take this anymore. You’re stronger than him. Do it for Harry.

I turned and saw an old vodka bottle that was on the floor and threw it at the fucker that was attacking me. It hit him in the shoulder and I silently high fived myself while quickly making my way into my room. I stumbled around for a few seconds before grabbing a bag and shoving clothes into it. I saw him barge in with an angry look on his face and I knew that I was going to be in a world of hurt.

“You worthless piece of shit!” He ran after me and pushed me into the wall before punching me in the face 3 times. I kneed him in the balls and grabbed my bag slamming the door in his face before I left my room. I sprinted to the front door and down the street before I sat on a bench and caught my breath. Once I had calmed down I took my phone out of my pocket and sent a quick text to Harry telling him that I was on my way back.

I put my phone back into the pocket of my jacket and let out a sigh. I had been hit multiple times by my father since my mother’s passing but never in a million years did I think that I would ever hit him back. For years I had just taken it and for some reason this time I decided to do something about it. I could make myself believe that I had finally gotten sick of him and felt that I didn’t deserve to be abused anymore but I knew that wasn’t it. I knew that the real reason I stood up to him was for Harry. I wasn’t sure why I did that for him especially since he didn’t even know about my father but I felt that if he did know about him then he wouldn’t want me to just take it.

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I unlocked it to see a text from Harry that made a big smile grow on my face.

Can’t wait to see you again Pookie Bear. I miss you. <3

I chuckled at how one short text from my boyfriend could make me forget anything bad that happened. He always seemed to know when I needed him the most and I couldn’t thank him enough for that. He was definitely something else because normally I would never let someone into my life but Harry was just special.

I got up from the bench with a smile on my face and made my way back to the hospital. It was only a 10 minute bus ride but it felt like it took hours. All I wanted to do was see my beautiful Hazza and give him another kiss. It seemed that kissing him was my new favorite activity these days and I felt the need to feel his lips on mine all the time.

The bus stopped in front of the hospital so I picked up my things from the seat next to me and made my way towards the front entrance. I made a few turns to get to the elevators and when I finally made it I pushed the button to go to the fourth floor. I walked down the hall to his room and when I walked in he gave me a big smile but before I could say anything his smile was gone and a look of pure worry appeared on his face.

“Zayn! What happened to you?” His voice was laced with sadness and he turned pale like he had just seen a ghost.

I shrugged, “Just fell.”

He gave me a look of disbelief, “Zayn, tell me the truth.”

“I am.”

He looked down at his hands and sighed, “Ok. You don’t have to.”

I didn’t know if he was trying to give me space or if he was just trying to make me feel extremely guilty but if he was going for the guilt trip then it was definitely working in his favor. I felt bad keeping all of these things from him but telling him about my parents was just something I wasn’t sure I was ready for.  I had never talked to anyone about it and it certainly wasn’t an easy thing to discuss. I was scared that if he knew the truth he may not want to be with me anymore. If my own father couldn’t love me then how could my boyfriend? But as I looked at his sad face and the concern in his eyes I knew that if I could trust anyone in my life then it would be my Hazza. He was the most wonderful person I had ever known in my life and if I was going to want to keep him with me then I would have to start telling him things. Even if I was scared.

I took a deep breath and sat down on the bed next to him. I took his hand in mine and looked in his eyes, “Ok. I’ll tell you. But just please promise you’ll listen to the whole story.”

He nodded and placed a kiss on my cheek, “I promise. You can tell me anything.”

“When I was younger my family and I were practically best friends. I did everything with them. We were always happy and everything was just so amazing. My little sister and I were connected at the hip. I loved taking care of her and spending all of the time that I could with her.” I smiled at the thought of Safaa and I going to the park and pushing her on the swings. “I thought that things would never change with us. I thought that everything would always be like that and I would never have to worry about anything but I was wrong.” Harry squeezed my hand to encourage me to keep talking. “When I was 11 I started to notice things becoming different. I thought that maybe there were just money issues or something going on with our family but after a while my parents started coming home really late and they weren’t the same as when they left. They just weren’t the parents that I knew. One night after they had put me to bed I heard noises coming from the kitchen so I went to see what was happening. And I saw alcohol bottles all over and needles on the table and it just scared me. I walked over to them and asked them what was going on and they yelled at me and sent me back to my room. They told me to mind my own business and leave them alone. I didn’t want to make them mad or anything so I did what they told me to do. I thought that maybe all of that was just a one night thing but after that night they did it all of the time. And it wasn’t just at night anymore. They did it in the morning and the afternoon and whenever they wanted to. They didn’t care that Safaa and I were around either. They did it in front of us all of the time. So eventually I asked them if they would just stop. I told them that I wasn’t comfortable with it and that I could tell that it was turning them into something that they weren’t. Well they didn’t like me saying that too much so they hauled off and hit me.” I shook my head recalling the memory that I had been trying so hard to get rid of. “Never in my life had I been hit. Especially not by my parents. So I ran off into my room and took Safaa with me. We stayed in my room most of the time after that happened and one night I heard my dad screaming at someone on the phone. When I walked into the living room he was crying and he started yelling at me saying that it was all my fault. I didn’t know what he was talking about but a little while after I found out that my mom had died. She was just doing too many drugs and drinking too much and she was driving. The doctors said that she died before they could even try to help her.” I ran my hands through my hair and Harry pulled me close to hold me. “I was only 13. I didn’t know what to do. I begged my father to let me go to her funeral but he wouldn’t let me. I just sat at home in my room and held my sister. She had no idea what was happening. She just knew that mom had left. I told her that I would explain it to her when she was older and she left it at that. But after a month or so of my mom being dead my dad stopped doing drugs and started drinking a lot more. He would get drunk all of the time and he’d hit me multiple times a day. I kept telling myself that he would get better but one day he hit my sister and I just couldn’t let her stay anymore. I called my grandparents and they took her away so she could live a safe and normal life without an abusive father. I stayed behind and well now here I am.” I shrugged and let out a big sigh of relief thankful that I was done telling the terrible events in my life to my boyfriend.

I looked over at him and he just looked so sad. I moved closer to him and he pulled me into him so that my head was on his chest. He put his hand in my hair and kissed my forehead. “It’s ok now babe. I’m not gonna let him do that to you ever again.”

“Hazza I-“

“No.” He whispered, “Never again.”

I smiled, “Ok. Never again.”

And that’s when I realized that somehow the little quiet boy that sat next to me in math class was the person I could see myself loving for the rest of my life.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.9K 1.2K 30
Liam and Harry tried dating but they’ve drifted apart and Liam has eyes for someone else. Will he ever get to be with that person? Louis makes a real...
1.6M 39.7K 51
Harry Styles is dark and mysterious, Zayn Malik is cute and innocent. What will happen when the two worlds meet?
7.2K 65 30
Just as Arianna is starting to realize how wrong her crush on Zayn really is, Niall comes into her life. Ari seems to capture Niall's heart but she i...
106K 3.9K 24
Niall Horan has done the impossible. He's fallen for a killer. Zayn Malik has one mission: to get rid of Niall and those close to him. When these t...