Til I Found You

By purple-ish

He doesn't know love at all. She wished she never knew love. What if love came between them? Would he believe... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
AUTHOR'S NOTE
EPILOGUE

Chapter 25

148K 2.1K 454
By purple-ish

I can't help but to upload! hehe

Final exams week coming up! So this chapter is a compensation for a whole week of no wattpad...starting tomorrow. Final exams will start tomorrow! Wish me luck guys! I love being college. *roll eyes*

Well, i hope you guys enjoy this chapter! :D

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 25

Liz:

What is it that Vince wanted to tell me? Sigh. I should’ve known it if Elaine didn’t came and wrapped herself around Vince. Now I am dying – dying to know what that is. I should’ve asked him…but I ran away. Why did I run away? I am not really sure. It’s just that I felt a twinge in my chest when I saw Elaine kiss him on the cheek. I don’t know; it wasn’t as if he is mine but…that’s what came into my mind right at that point – that Vince is mine.

I shook my head. Erase. Maybe I really am falling in love with him but…no; I am really sure it could lead me to nowhere but pain…again.

All the students were gathered at the auditorium this morning for a ‘special’ announcement. I sat beside Justin who is busy playing with my hair. And, yes, it is irritating. Dave and Vince were sitting beside each other few rows in front of us.

Vince took a glance at us over his shoulder and our eyes met. For a minute, we look at each other. And then he managed to force a smile – a weak smile. Even though he smiled, I can see something in his eyes. What was that? Pain?

It is when Justin wrapped an arm around my shoulders that he looked away.  What is wrong with you Vince?

People wearing fashionable clothes went up the stage. Following them are Elaine and the student body officers. The student body president took a step into the podium and grabbed the microphone.

“Good morning students.” he said.

All the students answered in unison.

He nodded. “Thank you. Here with us today are the editorial staffs of one of the most prominent fashion magazine in the country and some famous photographers, fashion designers and stylists. Last Saturday, during our annual school party, they have walked around and searched for new models for their new fashion folio. And today, I will be announcing the winners. Once your name was called, please come here on stage and you will be leaving for the photo shoot.”

Majority of the students screamed in excitement. First, because of the thought of being a model; second, because they’ll have no classes.

“Miss Thompson?” he said to Elaine and she handed him a list. “Here, I have here in my hands the official list of the new models. Let’s see. Who’s the first to be called?”

He held the list closer to his face and his eyes widened in surprise. “Me?!” he said. “Why me? I’m not into this!”  He protested.

Martin, the captain of the football team who protested first when they announced about the model search, stood up and said: “Rules are rules, pres. Ha-ha! I told you, you should’ve rejected that search in the first place.” He laughed so hard. “Talk about karma.” And then he sat down.

The president, looking as calm and collected as always, answered: “Karma? I’ll show you what karma is.” He cleared a throat. “Next winner: Martin McQueen.” And he smiled devilishly.

“What?!” said Martin. “Me?”

“Yes. So, will you please come up here on stage?” he commended and Martin followed.

He continued announcing the winners. They are: Tiffany Wilson, the cheerleading captain, and some of her squad – Lucy, Phoebe, Alyson; Laiza, the VP-Internal of the student body; Anabelle, Louisse and Kim, members of the FACES, the school’s circle of the most beautiful faces in the campus; Kent, the lead guitarist of the Advocate, the school band, together with Joseph, the drummer; Nico, one of the leading singers of the glee club; Chace and Luke, members of the basketball team; and, surprisingly, Elaine, Dave, Justin, Vince and me were also included.

All of us lined up on stage as they give us a big hand. Right after the announcement, we were assisted to a mini bus that will take us to the venue of the photo shoot. I didn’t want to leave, of course. I would like to spend the day learning in school than to spend hours of putting make-up, getting dressed and posing for the camera. Thank goodness I brought books with me.

*****

After hours of driving, we finally arrived to the venue. It was a very huge castle-like hotel that resembled those of the classic period in Europe. There was a fountain with a statue which is very Italian; a wooden-carved bench and a swing in the middle of the garden which looks like a garden of the gods and goddesses of the Greeks; and the interior of the rooms and halls are very royalty-like.

The concept was this: classic Romeo and Juliet in the modern era – meaning forbidden love stories. Cool, I guess.

All of us where gathered in a function room which serves as our dressing room where dresses, make-ups, shoes and accessories lined up. Each of us will have a stylist of our own as the student body president told us.

When I got my stylist, he screamed. Yes, he’s a gay. “Oh my golly! Elizabeth Van Hossen?!”

All people inside the room were surprised as they stared at us.

“Yes? Why?” I asked.

“As in the Elizabeth Van Hossen?” I nodded. “Girls!!!!” he screamed and all other stylists came to us. “Look!” he said, pointing at me. And all other stylists gasped and place their hands to cover their mouth.

They exchanged looks and screamed in unison. “AAAAHHHH!!!Elizabeth Van Hossen!”

Tiffany stood up and spoke to them, “Uhm , excuse me? Can you please tell us what’s going on?”

My stylist said, “This girl,” he pointed at me. “…is every stylists dream to work with. And my dream just came true! One of the famous models in England is her. I thought you stopped modeling?” he asked me.

“I did. It’s just that I don’t have a choice but to do this photo shoot today.” I said. “Can we start now?”

He nodded and started working on my hair and make-up. After our hair and make-up were done, we were asked to wear the dresses they prepared for us. The first part of the shoot is the Grand Masquerade Ball scene. My stylist asked me to wear a very classy dress resembling that of Taylor Swift’s dress in the music video of her song ‘Love Story’.

Next thing, we were gathered on the social hall. It was very…beautiful – the chandeliers are perfect, the drapes are very sophisticated. The photographers were there and lighting system was arranged. The director stood in front of us and started discussing.

“Good day models.” He said. He’s not gay, though. “You will be given partners for this photo shoot. And I have the list in my hand.”

Elaine raised her hand. “Excuse me, director. May I have Vince as my partner? I really am comfortable with him.”

The director looked at her. “Who’s Vince?”

Vince raised his hand. “I am.”

“Is that okay with you?” he asked.

Vince looked at him for a minute and then at me. “Uhm…”

Elaine wrapped an arm on his waist. “Please Vince?”

“So?” the director said. “Yes or no?”

“Well, I want to…”

Elaine screamed. “Yes! I know you would say yes.”

I felt a little disappointed and all I did was to look the other way. But then, Vince continued. “…be partnered with my fiancée.”

“What?” said Elaine. I suddenly turned and saw him looking at me.

“Your fiancée?” asked the director.

Vince simply nodded. “Yes. Elizabeth Van Hossen.”

I froze there bit. And Dave added, “That would be perfect, right director?”  Dave walked towards the director and put an arm on his shoulder. “Look, it would be more realistic and romantic if they were together. Don’t you think?”

The director was thinking but Justin butt in. “I disagree. I think she looks more compatible with me.”

Elaine agreed. “I think so too.”

“Well, I think it is Miss Van Hossen’s decision. What do you think?” the director asked me.

“Huh?’ I said. I am quite trembling. Justin looked at me with a confident smile. I looked at Vince and he seems to be hopeless. “Well…”

“Well what?”

My feet began to walk. And it took me beside Vince. I crossed my arm to his. “I think I’ll be better with my fiancé.”

Vince’s face brightened up and his eyes lit up.

“Well, it’s settled.”

Elaine was partnered with Justin, while Dave was partnered with Louisse. The director gave each partner different assignments and photographers. Vince and I will work on the Grand Masquerade Ball scene. Dave and Louisse will work on the Pygmalion and Galatea of the Greeks.  The others – I forgot.

“Okay. This is what I want to achieve.” The director handed us some pegs (a term used by photographers that pertains to copies of photos that they want to replicate.) “You have to play like the modern Romeo and Juliet, Jack and Rose and Cinderella and Prince Charming. Here’s the story: you met at the grand ball and fell in love at first sight. Okay?”

We nodded. We did the poses he told us to do. The scenes at the pegs he handed over at us.

“Good work.” He says. “Okay, for the last shot before lunch break, I want you to do this.” He showed us a picture. “There, Vince will remove his mask as you try to kiss her. Be as close as possible. Liz, don’t remove your mask, Vince will do it. Just act, okay? I want to see love in you guys. We’ll just capture and capture, just don’t stop.”

And that’s what we did. Vince walked towards me, removed his mask, and placed an arm on my waist. His eyes went to my lips and back to my eyes. He leaned his face closer to mine. And then finally, his hand removed my mask.

I took a step towards him not losing eye contact. I placed my hand over his that was on my waist.

“Continue! Good job, good job!” the director said. “Now, move closer and try to kiss her, Vince.”

He leaned closer. I can feel his hands touch mine and locked his fingers unto mine. His other hand touched my face that sends chills to my spine. He tilted his head and I closed my eyes.

“Closer! Closer!” the director commanded.

As the clock tick-tocks, I can feel the warmth of his breath brush against my skin. And in a snap, I felt soft lips touch mine.

My body stiffened at first. But as he kisses me, it relaxed.

“Great shot! Cut!” said the director.

But Vince didn’t stop. Instead, he kissed more. His hands were wrapped on my waist. Surprisingly, I responded to his kiss and kissed him back. My hands find its way around his neck.

And then he gently pulled away. His forehead rested on mine and the tips of our nose touched. “I’m sorry.” he said. “I didn’t mean to. I- I’m just…carried away.”

I didn’t answer. Instead, I pulled myself away and ran outside the hall to the other side of the garden where there was no photo shoot. I sat on one of the wooden-carved bench and tried to catch my breath.

I placed a hand over my chest and I can flamboyantly feel the strong pound of my heart against my chest. Oh my, I thought to myself. What have I done? Slowly, I placed my fingers over my lips. I kissed Vincent Coax…again. But…it felt different this time.

I remembered the first time I kissed him on the lips. It was on school when Vince was bombarded with issues of womanizing right after our engagement. But that was just a brief one, and it meant nothing. But why does it feel so real this time? My mind tells me it is wrong but my heart felt everything’s so right. It can’t be…love. No! I can’t be in love with him!

I was so confused. A part of me tells me go, but a part of me tells me no.

“You are such a cheap slut!” a voice behind me said. “Kissing Vince in front of the cameras? What are you trying to do?”

I turned around and saw Elaine standing with her arms crossed over her chest.

I stood up as well. “I’m not in the mood for an argument Elaine. Leave me alone.” I walked past her but she grabbed my arm and pulled me back. Her grip was so tight – so tight that it hurts.

“Ouch!” I said as I jostled her hand away.

And Elaine, being a ‘slapping machine’, slapped me directly on the cheek. She grabbed me by the shoulder and said in a threatening voice, “You leave us alone! I’ve warned you before. He is mine!”

I pushed her away – strong enough to make her fall on the ground. “Don’t tell me what to do! If he’s really yours then why is he with me?” I turned my back on her and started to walk away.

But…

A hand clutched my hair and pulled it back. “I hate you!” she said. And then pushed me so hard that I fell on the ground. Thank goodness there were grasses so, I didn’t hurt badly. But…there were small rocks too. And unfortunately, my palms, my forehead and my arms hit them. I can even feel some cuts on my skin.

She pulled me up and took hold of my shoulders again. “Get lost, Liz.”

She was about to slap me again when a hand grabbed her hand and stopped her. “Vince!” Elaine said. And she started explaining. “It’s not what you think Vince! I am just defending myself! She started it.”

My face was downcast. Why? Because I am pretty sure he’ll take the side of Elaine as he always did in the past. But surprisingly he said, “Shut up, Elaine. I’ve seen everything.”  He saw everything? How long he has been here? Didn’t he – followed me? He looked at me and covered me in his arm. “Are you okay, Liz?”

I don’t know why but I felt a tear fall down from my eyes. I then sobbed.

He pulled me closer to him and placed my head against his chest. He whispered, “Do you want to go home now?”

I simply nodded.

I was about to walk but Vince carried me in his arms and we walked away. Elaine ran towards us and hugged Vince from behind. “Vince! Please don’t do this to me! It’s all her fault!”

“Let go, Elaine. I’m tired of you.”

And then we left.

Everybody went anarchic when they saw us enter the hall. The director came to us and asked, “What happened?”

“Nothing. Can we just…go home?” Vince said. There was stillness and seriousness in his voice.

“Okay. We’ll just re-schedule your shoot.” said the director. “Paul,” he called out. Paul’s my stylist. “Please assist Ms. Van Hossen as she changes her clothes. You may go afterwards.”

Vince carried me up to the function room. I got dressed up and when I went outside, Vince was there carrying my things. He turned and saw me. And he immediately came to me. “You alright? A car is waiting for us outside. The director had someone to drive us home.”

I nodded. He was serious this time. He even assisted me as we walked into the car.

“We’ll be in your house after an hour and a half.” said the driver.

I sat beside Vince, whose arms are around my shoulder. He placed my head over his shoulder. “Take a rest.”

Feeling secured in his arms, I closed my eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vince:

There was a heavy traffic jam on our way home so we arrived at almost sunset. Liz was asleep so I carried her to her room.

It’s 6:04 pm. I picked up my phone and dialed Dave’s number. Fortunately, he picked up immediately.

“Dude, how’s Liz?” he asked.

“Sleeping. Are you done with the shoot?”

I heard him release a sigh. “Unfortunately…yes.”

“Unfortunately? I thought you wanted it to be over ASAP?” I asked.

“Yeah, but…my partner, Louisse; I think she’s hot.”

I sniggered. “You think all girls are hot, Dave.”

“No, dude. She’s different.”

“Different huh?” I said, quite suspicious.

“Yes.” he said. “I asked her out but she…rejected.”

I laughed out loud this time. “She is different.”

Someone knocked on the door. It is Maddie. “Sir Vince, dinner’s ready. And your Grandma is here.”

Grandma? She went home early tonight.

“Dave, I have to go. Grandma’s already here. Good luck on Louisse.” Then I hung up.

*****

Grandma sits by the end of the dining table, waiting for us. I sat down and greeted her. “Hey Grandma, you’re early tonight. What happened?”

“Hey there, sweetie. I’m having a terrible headache so I decided to take a rest for a while. By the way, where’s Liz?”

It is Maddie who answered. “I’ll call her, Madam.”

“No! I’ll do it.” I suggested.

I went upstairs and knocked on her door. “Liz? Dinner’s ready.” Maybe she’s still sleeping. So I decided to open the door myself and took a peek inside. There she is, sitting by the edge of her bed, heads bowed down.

I entered the room ad walked towards her. “Liz? Are you alright?” I knelt down in front of her and removed the strands of hair covering her face. It is when I realized that she’s crying. “Why are you crying?” I wiped off the tears in her face and, “Oh my gosh Liz! You’re burning in fever!”

But she didn’t say anything.

I sat down beside her and just looked at her. “Seriously, Liz? You’re just going to cry here instead of asking for help?” I shook my head. “Wait for me; I’ll bring you something to eat.”

As I went downstairs to the dining area, Grandma asked me. “Where’s she?”

“She has a fever Grandma.”

“Do you want me to bring her some food?” asked Maddie.

“I’ll do it Maddie. She’s my fiancée, not yours. Why don’t you just prepare the medicines and a basin of cold water and a small towel for her while I prepare her food?” I said. Maddie simply nodded.

*****

Maddie and I went upstairs to bring food, medicine and a cold compress for Liz’s fever. Maddie left afterwards. I sat beside Liz and began feeding her. At first she refused but I insisted. After eating, I gave her some medicines.

I placed strands of her hair behind her ears. It is when I realized she had a wound on her forehead. “Where’d you get this?” I asked.

She grabbed my hand and removed them from her face. And I saw cuts and wounds on her hands, palms and arm as well.

“What’s this? Where’d you get them? What did she do to you?” I asked, raising a voice.

“I fell on the ground when she…pushed me.”

I scratched my head in irritation. “Maddie!” I exclaimed. And after a few seconds, she was here. “Go get the first aid kit. I need it now.”

Maddie left and when she came back, she had the first aid kit with her.

As gently as I could, I cleansed her wounds with agua oxigenada and treat it with iodine povidone for it to heal faster.

“Darn it!” I said.

She grabbed the cotton with the solution from my hands and said, “Look, I’ll do it myself if you don’t want to.”

My forehead creased. “What are you talking about?”

“I know you are just doing all these things to me because Grandma told you to do so.”

I sniggered. “What? Of course not!” I snatched the cotton from her hand and continued, “Give me that. I just – I just can’t believe Elaine caused you this. Unforgivable.”

We were silent for a while. Liz lied down and I placed a blanket to cover her. I took the basin and began placing the towel on her forehead – just as people normally do to make the fever go down.

“Why are you doing this, Vince?” she asked.

“Why not?”

“Is it not against your will?”

I snorted. “What? That’s a joke. Of course not.”

“Well, thank you.”

The tone of her voice made me stop. It is very sweet, very sincere.

She continued, “It’s getting late. You should take a rest now. I’ll be fine.”

“Are you sure?” I asked.

She simply nodded.

I stood up and headed towards the door. Just as I was about to leave I stopped and turned back at her.

“Liz?” I asked.

“Hm?’ she said.

“What if…everything didn’t happen? What if you are not my fiancée and we don’t know each other? Is there a chance that you’ll…fall in love with me?” There! I asked her Dave! I thought to myself.

There was a brief pause before she answered. “The answer is…the main reason why you asked to pretend to be your girlfriend.”

My forehead creased. What did she meant? And so I asked, “What did I say?”

And then she continued, “I am the only girl you knew that wouldn’t fall for you.”

I froze as that moment flashbacked in my memory. She’s right. I said that.

I don’t know what else to say instead of, “Good night, Liz.”

I fell in love with the only girl I knew who wouldn’t fall for me.

How pathetic.

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AWE. I feel bad for Vince. Do you? *wink*

please comment, vote and fan if you like!

i cannot say more.hehe i need to get out of here before my mom arrives. LOL!

She thought i am reviewing right now. :P

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.3K 2.3K 19
What if Nico fell in love with Thalia? And what if Thalia felt the same way too? Would they go against the odds? Or will they have their love story r...
33.4K 1.5K 40
Weird love story
62.4K 865 27
Have you ever imagined how life would be like in Hogwarts? How do you think you would fall in love and with whom? Why don't you just read to find o...
7.6K 296 48
Love shouldn't hurt, right? Then why does it hurt and confuse Mapula? Will she ever find a man to love her the way she needs to be loved? Let's find...