Crash

By luv234_luv

Lyra Jay Kellie has just had the second worst day of her entire life. It's right up there at the top of the l... More

1: Annoying little Brat
2: Marcus
3: Help who?
4: Fish jerky
5: They'll be back right?
6: Two weeks later
7: Lyras valley
8: One Week
9: Paws off
10: What happened?
11: If I wasnt here, you'd be dead
12: It felt good
13: I'll live
14: I'm going crazy
15: Trophy over dinner
16: What are we doing?
17: Stupid gravity
18: It's just a little storm
19: A two year olds work
20: Life is a bitch
21: Missing my hunting partner
22: Night under the stars
23: Habits
24: Crush
25: Matt?
26: Too damn early
27: Teach me your ways Yoda
28: Mine
29: Wanna go elk hunting?
30: I look like Katniss
31: Happy Birthday!!
32: Oops
33: No worries, right?
34: Cabin fever
35: Evil fun
36: I hate winter
37: Tickle fight
38: Trapped
39: Star Map
Hey guys! Please read so you understand!
40: Maisha Mapya
41: She didn't plan on me
42: Whats up with you?
43: What are you, a rock?
44: Makin' faces
45: What the hell am I doing?
46: You promised
47: It's a no pants day
48: Moving day
49: Bad Luck or Something
50: Follow my finger
51: The Cabin in the Woods
52: Spring Cleaning
53: UCC
54: It's a hot one
55: Dirty Dancing
56: Clark
57: Lucy
58: Necessities
59: This happens a lot
60: Retirement
61: I know how he is
62: Two days time
63: We didnt know!
64: You touch her you die
65: My first Rodeo
66: My first Rodeo pt 2
67: Last day of you
68: Forget about it all
69: Just a few more days
70: Bring her back
71: Oh the irony
72: Damsel in distress
73: Do we have a deal?
74: Breached
75: Two shots
76: A lucky one
77: Who knew they were insane?
78: Goin' crazy
79: You had me at steak n' beer
80: I approve
81: I like galas
83: I want one
84: Pictures and Memories
85: Epilogue
3/30/17 A/N: I'M BACK AND WILL BE EDITING FOR YOU!
Epilogue 2 (as requested)
3/23/18: New Book!
Wattys2018?

82: Black Beauty

7.1K 318 92
By luv234_luv

Lyra-

It was only a few days later when May called, asking when they were coming back. She wasn't pressuring, she just wanted to know.

Nathan told her our plan and she wished us good luck excitedly. We told Ally a few hours ago and she was so excited. I had decided that, either way, whether my dad liked this or not, I was going to do what I had to do.

Nathan held my hand tightly as we walked to the living room. Dad was sitting in his recliner, watching some show I didn't recognize.

"Daddy?" I asked in an innocent voice.

"Yeah pumpkin?" He turned and smiled at me.

"Nathan and Ally have to go home soon," I said, sitting on the couch and Nathan sat next to me.

"Really?" Dad murmured and eyed our stance, sensing something was up.

"And I want to go with them," I said quietly, playing with my arrowhead nervously.

He was quiet for a moment, "Where will you stay? I mean, I know why you're going."

He looked at Nathan specifically.

"I want to move in with Nathan. He invited me and I want to," I smiled.

"What about college? You got accepted..." He mumbled, chewing his bottom lip.

"I was looking into colleges near Nathan's place and I found one I really like. I'm going to apply for it in the spring," I grinned. That's what I had found a few days ago and instantly knew I wanted to go to ATCC. Austin Texas Community College.

Dad was quiet again and my heart began to sink. I still wanted his approval, even if I didn't need it. I really needed to get out of the house. I was twenty one, for gods sake. I had to stop sharing my dads' job and go get my own. I'm not sure why he hadn't just tossed me out into the world like most parents, but we weren't exactly a normal family.

"Alright. If this is what you want," He smiled at me.

"I do, I really want this," I grinned excitedly, my grip on Nathan's hand tightening.

"Good. I think you should go for it. What do you plan to do?" His grin mirrored mine.

"Well, I talked with Nathan and the only reason he didn't feel like taking over the ranch was because his dad was pressuring him and there was nothing there for him, but he really enjoys ranching. I wanted to go into something with animals so maybe I'll take some Ag classes, shadow with Ally and become a farm veterinarian," I glanced at Ally and she smiled brightly.

"At least you have a plan and that's enough for me," Dad nodded.

I felt so relieved. I jumped up and ran over to hug my father. He chuckled and hugged me back.

"So when do you plan on going?" He asked.

I pulled back and stood beside his chair, "Well we were wanting to go as soon as possible."

"I'll pay for the U-haul," Dad smiled at me.

I laughed and looked at him, "It's as if you want me to leave dad."

"Well I do. I'm excited for you. This is the start of your life. I like your college choice, I like him," He pointed to Nathan, who grinned goofily, " And I like Texas. I may get a smaller house down there."

"You're going to move down there too?" I grinned excitedly.

"Hon, you're my only family and I'm not going to live states away from you. But I won't move this year," He said reasonably. 

"That's fine with me. So, you know I like to move fast-"

"Yeah I do," Dad grumbled, probably remembering when I used to rush us from one location to the next when I was excited.

I rolled my eyes and continued, "So I've already picked up a lot of boxes for packing. May wants Nathan and Al back and I would just like to ride back with them. I'll get a truck in Texas or something, I guess..." I scratched the back of my neck and shrugged.

Dad nodded and looked at Nathan, "You realize what's happening right? A woman is moving into your house.In a few days. She will  takeover and claim her territory. Blink rapidly if you want to escape now."

Nathan laughed and shook his head, "I know what's happening and I'm alright with it. You know I can't live without her."

Dad chuckled, "As long as you know what you're getting into."

"So who wants to help me start packing?" I asked with quiet excitement. This may look like it's all rushed but I've been with Nathan for a while and my gut tells me it's a good idea. My gut is never wrong so I'm picking this up and running with it.

"Me!" Ally chimed happily, throwing her hand into the air.

"I will," Nathan stood up.

"I'll help. But who wants pizza? We can work while we eat," Dad also stood up and took out his phone.

Who the hell is going to give up pizza? Crazy people, that's who.

"Pepperoni!" I called.

"Gross! Mushrooms!" Ally wrinkled her nose at me.

"I don't care what's on it," Nathan chuckled.

"I'm gross? You're gross! Who likes mushrooms?" I made a face at Ally.

"I do!" She exclaimed.

"Half pepperoni and half mushroom it is," Dad mumbled.

I grinned and hurried to the garage to grab some boxes. I didn't have that  much stuff so this should actually go fairly quickly. Of course, I was probably going to complicate things by organizing every single thing systematically because that's me but oh well.

I was so excited, you wouldn't believe. This is an amazing feeling actually. I've been so nervous about this but I want nothing more than to get this done.

Nathan followed me and piled up boxes to take inside. Dad ended his call, "Pizzas on the way."

"Great! Let's get started!" I grinned happily, my stack of boxes tipping but not falling.

We marched into my room and started taking things apart. I left out a certain pile of clothes to pack for the trip to Texas. Folding everything neatly, I set in on my clothes. Three large boxes worth is exactly how much clothes I have. I labeled each one with a sharpie.

Dad was on my decorations like pictures, random hanging things and stuff like that. Ally was helping me with my old camping gear. I wasn't going to part with that stuff. And then went my electronics. We left my bed alone because we needed to sleep on it but we were also leaving it here. Nathan had a bed we were obviously going to share.

The pizza arrived half way into our little pack up and we all pounced on it. I nibbled on my fourth slice while I packed up my special knickknacks from everywhere around the world. I couldn't leave those, now could I?

And then there was the books, oh the books. What do you think I did on long rides, flights and just plain when we were doing nothing? I read like a freaking librarian and had a closet full.

"Hey Lyra, what's this?" Nathan chuckled.

"What?" I turned and looked at him.

He held a little stuffed rabbit in his hands. It's worn, yellow fur and torn little bow tie made me remember what exactly that was.

"Harold!" I cried happily and leapt up.

He tossed my little bunny to me and I cuddled him, "Oh, I wondered where he went!"

"What is it?" Nathan chuckled.

"Harold is my little buddy. Has been since I was four. I used to take him everywhere. I'd strap him to my back pack on trips and take him with us. Then I got older and left him here," I shrugged and ran my fingers over the little bunny, "Mom gave him to me."

"It looks like it's about to fall apart," Ally laughed.

"It is," I chuckled, "I'm taking him."

I put him in the box with the specials and duct taped the whole thing shut. Have you ever realized how scary things look when you scrape them bare?

I looked around my room. The drawers my dresser were pulled out and empty. My walls were stripped down, my closet was only full of hangers, which I was going to box up next.

It was strange. I shook myself out of my little daydream state and moved to the bathroom. Stuffing all of my things in a fairly large box, it wasn't hard to clean out the little room.

We stacked boxes against one wall. I had about twelve of them. I turned to dad, "What are you going to do with the furniture?"

He shrugged, "I'll leave it be for now but when I move, I'll put it all in a storage bin."

"Why not just sell it?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Well you're gonna want some stuff for your kids, ain't cha?" He grinned and my eyes flickered to Nathan, who beamed happily to himself. My dad tended to think ahead.

"Kids?" I repeated with a goofy grin.

"Lyra, I'm getting old. I want grandkids," He chuckled and set another box on the stack.

"Let me graduate first," I grinned.

"Maybe," Nathan grinned at me.

Dad pointed at him, "If she's pregnant before you're married, I'll snap a neck."

Nathan held up his hands in surrender, "Of course."

I laughed and picked up another piece of pizza, "You two..."

------------

Dad had gone somewhere a little while ago and for some reason, had taken Nathan with him. I was half afraid he went to get rid of his body...

Ally and I were loading up the U-haul trailer hitched to the back of Nathan's truck. The boxes weren't heavy, but we could use some help here. I wondered where they were after I set another box inside the little space.

It had only taken two days to get everything in order to go. When we said we were going, we're going. I sighed happily as the last boxes were put away. Ally walked around the side of the trailer and twisted, trying to crack her back, "Thanks-no-thanks to the men."

"I know right," I smiled and closed the doors, pushing the latch down and locking it.

"Are you ready to start this up?" Ally asked excitedly.

"Of course. I'm ready to do this and get on with life," I grinned.

She squealed and bounced in place, "Ohhhh, I can't believe that I get to live close I my future sister in law!"

"Don't think that far ahead but I'm glad I get to be close to you guys too," I smiled at her and looked around, "Where's Baine? We have to bring Baine."

I opened the door and called him. He bounded up to me and wagged his tail.

"Ready for another road trip?" I cooed at him and grabbed his face excitedly.

He licked my nose and I laughed, "C'mon bud."

He followed me and I opened the door to Nathan's truck. Baine happily jumped inside and I closed the door. Now all we need is Nathan. There was a gasp behind me and I almost turned around but a pair of hands covered my eyes.

"The hell Ally?" I chuckled nervously.

"Don't look!" She said excitedly.

"Why can't I look?" I asked.

"Just because."

Well that's such a good answer, thank you so much.

She turned me around slowly. I heard a truck pull up and two doors open. Dad and Nathan were obviously back.

"Check it out Jay!" Nathan called.

Ally took her hands away and I blinked. Why was a big, black, new truck attached to my dads'?

A realization dawned on me and I gasped, "Is that mine?!"

Dad smiled, "It's your going away present. I wanted to get you this one for your birthday. It's nice yeah?"

"Dad I love it!" I squealed and launched myself at him for a hug. I felt like I was sixteen again, happy about my first truck. Black beauty here would never replace baby but it was damn close.

"I brought the trailer 'cause Nathan likes to dive with you but you could always take it off and drive it around. We can just hook the trailer up to Ally's truck," Dad pulled away and kissed my hair.

"Thank you so much daddy!" I grinned happily.

"You're welcome pumpkin," He smiled at me, "Now you better get going. You want to be there before midnight."

I nodded, "I'll call you when I get there dad, love you."

He smiled and hugged me one more time before standing on the porch to wave goodbye. We all hopped into our rides and waved back. I was insanely happy at the moment.

I turned on the radio as we pulled out of the drive, taking a deep breath and happily letting it out. Road trip!

----------

Fun fact guys, I actually do have a little yellow stuffed rabbit that I've had since I was little. His name is also Harold. He does have a little worn out bow tie that is orange and slightly shredded. No judging people, none.

So, they're off again! I'm sorry I sped this up but hey, let's get this shit done!

Don't forget to- Vote, comment, and share!!

- KJ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 12.9K 56
After a brutal battle forever changes the swamp, Croc and Willow set out to fight the war. Season 2 of Toxic Nature ...
14.3K 1K 82
"This bounty is mine, Xander," He said. It was the first time I ever heard his name. Xander smirked, "Kill me first, then take her." He proposed arr...
131K 4K 57
Cassie Quinn, now a Senior in college has her life figured out. She's smart and funny with the heart to match, but lacks confidence. As she was previ...
504K 21.6K 51
Meghan Polinsky was excited to see her long distance boyfriend of four years when she took her trip to Brazil. All that hope was squashed as soon as...