Damean Institute (On Hold)

By kianabelikova

A world of elements. A world where love does not exist. A world of wars. A world of kingdoms and thrones. A w... More

chapter 1: Damean Institute for the talented teens
chapter 2: Damean Institute for the talented teens
chapter 3: Damean institute for the talented teens
chapter 5: Damean Institute for the talented teens

chapter 4: Damean institute for the talented teens

77 4 2
By kianabelikova

Recap

 “Your not in our homegroup.” She said and I froze. I had forgotten about that! I was going to be in so much trouble!

I grabbed my bad and timetable and got out the class room running toward the one I was meant to be in.

I WAS IN SO MUCH TROUBLE!

 ***

I looked at the walls as I was hurrying down the hall way, or rather show boxes with loads of trophies that covered the walls. There were many of them for basket ball; so many that the basket ball trophies alone covered half the hallway, and probably many other hallways. It was weird to see this school so normal considering I just witnessed something supernatural.

What surprised me was the fact that I wasn’t really surprised about it, more like I expected to see something similar. Not only that, but it actually felt weird that the guys fighting out there would participate in something as normal as basket ball. After all, it’s not every day you get to see guys water controlling pro’s playing basketball.

But I couldn’t really say much seeing as I wasn’t a basket ball fan. Forget that, I wasn’t even a sport fan, so probably every other person who was good at sport would get me wondering ‘how weird is that?’I just wasn’t built for something of that sort, and I wasn’t going to stretch my luck. It was bad enough that I couldn’t walk straight, so I took the hint that it would be even worse if I ran or did something equally physical.

I walked till the exit of the hallway where I stopped short. In front of me there were two pathways and I didn’t know which one would lead me to my homeroom. I mentally kicked myself, in my hurry I forgot to ask Katie the way.

I slid my bag open, looking for the timetable I was absolutely sure the receptionist said there was a map attached to the timetable. I found my timetable, only to find out that there was no map attached to it. I looked up toward the ceiling and silently asked God what I had done to deserve this?! Panicky I searched through my bag again making sure I hadn’t missed it.

 As I was searching the bag I heard whistling and paused, relieved I wouldn’t have to find my way in this confusing place. I looked up to see a mop of messy black hair. Just my luck! Of all the people in the whole wide world, did it have to be him? I silently wondered how long exactly took to just reach this hallway, considering Brett was already going back.

“Lost your way, sleeping beauty?” he said in his deep voice, lips set into a smirk. I looked at him with wide eyes, surprised. How did he know?

“uh.. no?” I stuttered out, ducking my head to cover my blush. I meant that to come out as a sentence but my brain my must have meant otherwise because it sounded more like a question. I also noticed what he called me: sleeping beauty. The naughty part of my brain immediately registered it and was jumping for joy. But the other, responsible part of me thought why it mattered whatever he called me. I blushed realising the naughty part of me was taking over, making me curious.

 “Why did you call me sleeping beauty?” I blurted out. My eyes widened as I realised what I just asked him, and my palm slapped on my mouth, my face heating furiously. I guess I wasn’t very good with peer pressure; in this case, it was my own brain pressuring me.

 I looked up to see him raising one eyebrow, smirking at me with an amused look on his face. I stumbled backward, when I saw him taking slow steps toward me. My eyes widened when I realised he backed me against the wall. Now I had no place to move, where as he was still taking little steps toward me frighteningly slowly. We were almost chest to chest, and all I could do was stare at him wide eyed, He still looked like he was enjoying himself with my reaction. All I could think of was ‘such a player!!’

Guilt washed over me, who was I to judge this guy? I didn’t even know him. But even then I didn’t want anything to happen, I wasn’t looking for a boyfriend, just some peace in my life.

I took advantage of my hand that was in between us both, and placed it on the part of his body that was closest to me, which happened to be his chest. I looked up to see his face searching for anything that might give me a hint as to whether he knew what I was trying to do, but he seemed clueless because he was still looking at me with that amused smirk.

“That is for me to know,” he said, lifting his hand up, which was heading in the direction of my face, “and for you to find out.” He continued.

 I looked at his hand terrified; he wouldn’t hit me in school, would he? I searched through my memories as to whether or not physical abuse was allowed here. It probably wasn’t, but I couldn’t be sure, in a school where everything was considered normal when it apparently wasn’t, I wasn’t so sure they cared for any school rules much.

While I was thinking in my own world, I felt a warm touch by my right ear making me gasp in surprise and look up at those black with golden specked eyes with my own pair of grey ones. So that what his fingers were for, I breathed a sigh of relief, this was better than being abused or something. Maybe the rude guy wasn’t as bad, I thought smiling to myself.

His fingers were now twirling a stray strand of hair. His eyes travelled toward his fingers, which in turned my gaze toward it too. His fingers twirled the strand once more and then he tucked it behind my ear, making me feel ticklish. I squirmed at the new sensation my eyes widening, where as his eyes twinkled in amusement makes the golden specks in them more visible, and his lips setting into a smirk.

“Falling for my good looks already, I see.” He said out of the blue. “It’s only the first day for you, I expected you at least to last longer.” I gasped and as an automatic reaction pushed him away from me using the wall and all my strength. As a result he stumbled a few steps, not very far, but far enough to give me some space to think of what just happened.

“By the way, the class room you’re looking for is that way!” he yelled pointing toward the way he just appeared from, while heading the way I came from, with a smirk setting on his lips. I walked to the hallway which he directed.

Even though he was very rude to me, he knew the way around the school better than I did, I would rather follow his directions than sit moping around till the next person to round the corner could tell me whether or not the directions were true. And if it was then that would be embarrassing and guilt wracking to think that just because he was rude, he would lead me to the wrong place.

Walking for a few moments, I wondered whether I should have trusted his word or not, seeing as I couldn’t find anything but basket ball and soccer trophies in show cases lined up against the wall. It wouldn’t make him any difference seeing as I was no one important, nor was there going to be any fights like the one before, over me. But then again there I was, thinking of all the bad things he could do, when I hadn’t seen his good side.

As I was walking, I saw another black haired guy walking down the hallway. I recognised the smile he was throwing in my direction. I ran to his side, wanting to enquire him about what the consequences were, reaching him full force almost in front of him. All of a sudden I stumbled over nothing my eyes widening over the realisation that I was going to have to land painfully on the ground. Seeing my unsuccessful go at running to his side, instead leaping on him, he reached out to me, probably trying to prevent me from falling, me meanwhile hoping he succeeds.

When I landed on him, he caught me by ease and without any effort on his side. His arms wound tightly around my waist while my legs were off the ground, entangled in what I thought to be his jeans covered legs. My hands gripping at anything they could find. My face which got covered by something soft, flamed up at my embarrassment as I waited for a few moments after the impact, making sure all my body part were safely where they were meant to be.    

After a few moments, my senses returned, I blushed, realising that in my attempts to make sure I didn’t land in the hospital I was holding him really tight with my one hand on his right shoulder and my right hand around his neck in his brunette hair. Also his arms were wound really tight around my waist, my face, I realised was covered in his shoulder, the soft thing I had felt against it was his red checked shirt, that covered his right shoulder blade, and my legs entangled in his legs, only reaching till his calves, emphasising how tall he was compared to me.

He released me with a chuckle escaping his lips. “I see, I can’t count on you to stand straight whenever you see me.” He said, trying to diffuse the awkward tension, and succeeding without effort. “I suppose it’s not entirely your fault, anyone can fall for my good looks.”

 I could feel even my neck heating up at the embarrassing comment he had thrown my way. I looked up at him surprised by his comment, to see him smiling down at me amused at the way I couldn’t run straight. I then realised he was only joking about the comment which made my face heat up even more, thinking of all the thoughts that were running around in my head relating to it.

I looked up smiling at him, letting him know that no offence was taken. “Yeah I guess my hormones can’t control themselves around you.” I replied, rolling my eyes at our childishness. “Sorry about that, by the way.” I said smiling, despite the faint blush that had escaped.

“That’s all right,” he replied, “It’s my duty to rescue pretty damsels in distress.”

“Yeah, yeah. Can you rescue this pretty damsel from another one of her distresses and show her the way to her destination” I responded, keeping up the charade, meanwhile handing him my timetable along with the map just in case.

“Oh, the mighty knight didn’t think the damsel was so foolish as to possess a map and still get lost.” He said. I pushed his shoulder, but it didn't have any effect on his stride. He was now holding up the map, pointing where the hallway intersection was on it and which way I was meant to go. I also noticed that the way I had come as directed by Brett leaded to the Principal’s office, no wonder he emerged from that direction I thought to myself silently, meanwhile cursing myself to be so guilty of not trusting him, when the instinct was right.

*****

Hey again people!!!

Sorry for the delay in uploading the chapter, I know she hasn’t even reached her homeroom yet and its already four chapters. Well that just shows how dramatic her life Is, and how much more it’s going to increase, lol!

Anyway any guesses as to who this guys is she’s been talking to when the chap ended?

Post a review as to who you think it is, while you still don’t know. I’m evil, lol muahahahaha!

For those who can't make out, Giezel is in her junior year in high school (grade 11). So it doesn't really matter whether its mentioned as school or college, basically its the same thing.

By the way guys, if you find any mistakes, please don’t hesitate to let me know where it is, I’ll edit it as quickly as I can.      

the picture for this chapter is Trey Dans - Adam gregory, approve? the video is of the song Lighters, bad meets evil, by Bruno Mars ft Eminem if you guys dont already know that, and it is dedicated to Abi Perez one of my best friends who has shown me a great deal of support.

If you like it till now please VOTE!, COMMENT!  Or DROP A REVIEW!.

ALSO DON’T FORGET TO ENCOURAGE OTHER FRIENDS OF YOURS TO READ THIS STORY!!!!!!

Love soni <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

259K 11.4K 32
𝘚𝘩𝘦 π˜ͺ𝘴 π˜ͺ𝘀𝘦, 𝘩𝘦 π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘧π˜ͺ𝘳𝘦. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘱𝘦𝘒𝘀𝘦, 𝘩𝘦 π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘸𝘒𝘳. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘴𝘸𝘦𝘦𝘡, 𝘩𝘦 π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘳𝘢π˜₯𝘦. 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘡...
450 15 36
This is MATURE content. Read the story with this knowledge; otherwise, cease to read here. Thank you. Perceive the existence of someone declared noth...
606 171 29
What will be your reaction if you get to know that the world where you lived for years is not from where you belong infact you don't even belong to t...
2.1K 97 52
In a world where it's ruled by only one government, George and his friends go to a High School where they find out about an abandoned factory, they d...