chapter 3: Damean institute for the talented teens

CHAPTER 3

Recap***

I definitely knew that whatever had taken place with the water suddenly wetting half the people there that weren't in anyway facing the direction that the water was heading, not that it was heading anywhere by it self, more like the guy in the fight intending it to head in the direction.

This reminded me of Brett and as to why whatever happened, did. The water exploding was no mistake. Actually the whole thing was so fishy that I hadn’t imagined how I didn’t notice this before.

How was it that the guy was able to control water??

Why was it that me and the guy who was in the fight, Trey, had the worst case of Aquaphobia??

and the most importantly, why is Brett so hell bent on helping me and denying it??

This whole school was SO not normal.

“What is going on here?” a deep voice yelled. I turned toward the source of the voice.

While I was thinking about the things I had just seen after stepping into this college, I didn’t notice the students gathered by the door of the class move to make way for the teacher to enter.

I stood frozen in my place, not believing that today was my first day here and I was about to get into deep trouble for getting involved in a fight. Everybody gave us uncomfortable looks as if thinking whether or not ratting us out to the teacher was a good idea.

“Why is there water spilt all over the floor?” said the teacher, whilst staring at the guy, who could mysteriously control water, with a knowing look. Who, I just noticed, was surrounded by more people compared to Trey. I just stared bewildered.

“It was an accident Mr Wallace, nothing to worry about.” came a familiar voice, while I was still staring at the crowds. I looked over to see Brett talking to the teacher, who I now knew to be Mr Wallace. He was standing across the room, near the guy who was in the fight, (the one who could control water.)

“It doesn’t look like its nothing Mr Damean.” Mr Wallace replied to Brett. He was now examining the people who got wet with the splashed water.

“This chic, Mr Wallace,” screeched a girl with the same nasally voice that had screamed before, pointing to me, “got us all drenched in freezing cold water!!” she was looking at me with a glare that scream COLD-BLOODY-MURDER!!

What?!?! I wasn’t the one who was fighting!! I just saved Trey because of some strong instincts, which was right, and for that I was going to get into trouble?? I would have thought of something better to give me, given that I have a strong case of Aqua phobia and yet I risked it.

Good going Giezel!! I thought to myself. Into trouble on the first day here.. Whatever happened to ‘first impression should be the best impression’...  I was never going to be able to fade into the background if things kept going this way.

“Is that true Miss San Diego?” Mr Wallace questioned, without looking at me. He was still staring at the people who were drenched; finally he glanced at me with a curious and amused glance. It wasn’t that bad except that the drenched girl looked like she wasn’t going to let off easily

My miserable expression must have showed on my face because Katie was looking at me with wide eyes as if she could read my nervousness. She looked like she was thinking fast and hard, when another voice broke into our thoughts.

“This girl was merely in the centre of things,” I looked up to see Brett looking calmly at the screeching girl warningly, who looked back at him pleadingly, making the sight of her look rather comical considering she was still drenched and shivering. “She had nothing to do with this.” He looked up at to stare at Mr Wallace for quite some time, a silent conversation passing between them.