DARK PARADISE. [ Currently Un...

jolante424

He is the masterplayer of this game. She is the prize in which he strives for.. In sinister ways, he moves an... Еще

Prologue[Edited]
Authors note.🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸
Chapter one [ Edited.]
Chapter 2 [ Edited]
Chapter 4 [ Edited]
Chapter 5[ Edited]
Chapter 6 [ Edited]
Chapter 7[ Edited]
Chapter 8 [ Edited]
Chapter 9 [ Edited]
Chapter 10[ Edited]
Author's note {Part Two.}🌸
Chapter 11[Edited]
Chapter 12[Edited]
Chapter 13[Edited]
Chapter 14[Edited]
Chapter 15[Edited]
Chapter 16[Editing]
Chapter 17[Editing]
Chapter 18[Editing]
Chapter 19[Editing]
Chapter 20[Editing]
Chapter 21[Editing]
Chapter 22[Editing]
Author's note
Chapter 22[Editing]
Chapter 23[Editing]
Chapter 24[Editing]
Chapter 25[Editing]
Chapter 26[Editing]
Chapter 27[Editing]
Sorry not an update!!!
Chapter 28[Editing]
Chapter 29[Editing]
Chapter 30[Editing]
Epilogue[Editing]

Chapter 3[ Edited]

598 22 3
jolante424

Stacey Newman had sat outside for a while now, with her feet dipped in the pool and drink in hand as she scrolled through her phone. One number stuck out to her, the same number that she had called too many times, more than she usually did. She couldn't believe that no answer had come yet and that was honestly starting to bother her.

The moment she was about to try calling the number again, her mother, Eve, came over, silently joining her. Eve was quick to notice the the expression on her daughter's face. With no doubt, she could tell that Stacey was worried about something.

'' You look worried, '' Eve pointed out, not wasting time with the questions.

'' I'm good, '' Stacey answered without tearing her eyes away from the phone.

'' The look on your face says otherwise.''

Stacey let out a sigh, before glancing at her mother. " I've been trying to get a hold of Rachel for a while now, but she hasn't called me back yet.''

" Did you two have a fight or she ------"

"No, the last time we talked, we were okay, nothing seemed out of the ordinary." This was the half truth, and Stacey saw it best that she keep this information from her mother.

'Well, at least I think so.' This thought lingered in her mind as she tried to thoroughly remember Rachel's mood the last time she was saw her.

" Oh, well it must be something else, you know like her battery ran flat or she's been busy. It could be anything really." Eve said, rising to her feet.

" Hmm." That's all she could get from Stacey, whose worried expression had not left her face.

" I'm sure she'll get back to you soon. " Eve said, gently patting her daughter's shoulder before walking away.

''I hope so.'' Stacey mumbled, putting her phone aside and looking ahead.

Maybe her mother was right and Rachel had a bad service, she thought.

Even so, it still bugged her a bit that Rachel hadn't called.

Despite the girls not being on the best terms lately, but that didn't mean that their friendship was over. To Stacey, they were still true friends and such fights weren't anything new. Before Rachel left for Africa to do some short film, since she was a rising star in the model industry, tension had been present between the two teens.

Stacey felt a bit silly when she thought of the little arguments that happened between them, she loved her friend and it always made sense for Rachel to be part of their cheerleading team. It was always fun to be around Rachel and she did miss her friend.

Now more than ever, because she hadn't heard from Rachel, she surely missed her friend. She didn't want much, but to know that Rachel was okay.

                        ******

Kate waited for Nick to arrive and fetch his gym clothes, which he had forgotten when he stayed over. He had been way too drunk to go home and it relieved her, that all this happened while her aunt and uncle were away.

As if planned, every member of her family that day had something to do, giving an opportunity for Kate to look after Nick. Julie had visited her boyfriend while Alexis had been tied up with work. Despite years having passed, but her family still worried when Kate would be left alone in the house but Kate made sure to ease their concerns each time. She believed that being left alone in this present time, was something to adapt to and make use as a form of preparation for when the time came, where she finally left home.

Her cousin Alexis, was a flight Attendant and was usually the one person who was hardly at home. Kate was pretty close with her cousins and considered them her sisters. The one she was closest to though, was Julie, who she spent most of her time with. Alexis on the other hand, was more busy and away.

The thought of leaving home had hit Julie harder than ever, and Kate had no doubt that when the time came for her to leave too, it would hit hard also.

'' Where are you?'' Kate asked Nick over the phone.

''I'm almost there, give me five more minutes. " Nick replied.

Right after his response, Kate shifted her attention to her cousins, who were basically ogling at some guy who lived one house down from them. She could tell that they were too immersed in whatever they were doing, to notice her watching. She was amused by how much they gushed and blushed each time he moved.

It didn't take long for Kate to figure out who the guy was. It was the same the guy whom had been at the diner she worked at, that night. Max was his name, if she wasn't mistaken and this time, it looked like he was helping out his dad. It was quite interesting to see him so soon, and she had no doubt that they would be seeing more of each other.

'' You know, it's rude to stare," Kate said, the moment she joined her cousins.

''Oh we weren't staring, just admiring, '' Julie responded.

Kate glanced at Alexis, who shrugged her shoulders. ''Don't look at me, I was not doing anything,'' Alexis said, before escaping from her stares.

'' You little traitor.'' Julie called after her, a smile painting her face.

'' You know, Jake would get jealous of him. '' Kate mentioned, gesturing to Max.

'' Yeah, maybe.'' Julie trailed off.

Everything about her expression had now changed, it being filled with sadness. The mention of her boyfriend had been the cause.

''Is he still upset about you not joining him?'' Kate asked.

Julie's eyes welled up, her emotions getting the best of her. No matter how much she tried to play it cool, but this was such a touchy topic for her, in all honesty, she felt overwhelmed by the last few arguments that took place.

''I just don't know what to do anymore, "she expressed, her voice sounding shaky.

It was evident that her heart was heavy.

Kate pulled her for a side hug, offering comfort. " Give him some time, he'll come around.''

''I hope so.'' Julie mumbled.

Alexis appeared from the bedroom window, calling out to Julie. There was a call from Jake, in which Julie didn't expect so soon.

''Go." Kate said.

Julie ran back to the house to attend to that call.

Kate found herself aimlessly looking around, as was back to waiting for her boyfriend. Her searching eyes however, landed back to Max, who now was openly staring at her. It took her by surprise to find herself at the receiving end of his staring, unlike earlier, when she was the watcher. At the other end, while Max silently watched Kate, it clicked then that she was the same waitress from the other night.

It couldn't be helped that something shifted inside him, when he realised that she was actually so close. The diner wouldn't be the only place he'd see her but there was more chance of them bumping into each other now. The stare down between them didn't last for long when a black car arrived, parking right next to her. He continued to watch as she picked up what looked like a gym back and approach the car.

It became clear that she was not single, the moment she went around to the driver's side and poked her head in.

He didn't understand why he continued to watch after the car had left, now staring into nothingness as if there would be something else to look.

''Standing won't get this car working you know,'' he was knocked out of his thoughts by Paul's words.

'' Sorry. '' Max mumbled, getting back to what he had been busy with.

*******

A message sounded on Rachel's phone but no word came from her. It was now impossible for her to answer.

All that was left of her, was her lifeless body which had been tormented by him.

'Call me back Rachel, please. Let me know that you are okay.'

Whenever she received Satisfaction swirled within his system, as he stared at the message.

''Too bad, there just isn't anyway you can get back to them ever again,'' he said, sparing a glance at her lifeless body before he covered himself with his hoodie.

''I'm sorry it had to end like this but it had to be done,'' these were his last words to her.

He knew that he didn't mean it, but those words seemed befitting for that moment. He didn't want her lifeless body to have an effect on him when he'd executed everything withouyt any sense of remorse.

A pain in the ass she had been yet the little bit of innocence she had, didn't go unnoticed.

''No!'' He cried out loud, his mind shifting back to those dark feelings he carried in the beginning. These were the same feelings that had feuled his adrenaline and made him view her as trash, in which he despised.

Now that she was gone, he could continue with his plans.

He set his sights on his next move, his second phase.

He knew it would be tricky but he would eventually succeed.

Nothing would stop him, not even the police because he was determined to get what he wanted, no, what he needed. It was only a matter of time before he finally got what he truly desired, only then, would it feel like his life was complete.

This thought alone, made that grin of his to appear.

..............................

Max tossed and turned on his bed. The cause of this was was a strange yet familiar dream. He dreamt of his young self, just a little boy approaching his pre-teen years. He'd been playing with her, the one his heart and soul refused to forget. In their young minds, they created a kingdom with various characters.

In that dream, there was a sense of freedom. The atmosphere around them was light and it felt good to experience that all over again. Her pretty smile caused his to come out, while her sweet laugh felt nice to his ears. Her curly long black hair flowed down her back as she ran around, her eyes lighting up when he tickled her.

Something which shocked him was the scene of little Amy, giving him that special poem, before bidding him goodbye. She, disappearing into the forest with her pretty yellow sundress, black and white headband, made remembering her feel so right. He remembered gifting her with a self made bracelet, she had promised that day, that she would never take it off.

He wondered whether she'd kept her promise till today.

Max woke up with a start, small beads of sweat trickling down his face.

He was taken aback when his Kate suddenly came to mind.

It might have been a crazy thought to come across, but he could have sworn that something about Kate reminded him of Little Amy. The pretty smiles and those eyes, gosh, it felt real to compare them and find similarities.

There wasn't much to go on but it made sense to him for some reason.

'Had he finally gone crazy?'

He held back from saying it out loud , but within, something burned. It was that feeling that Kate might be Little Amy.

He knew it all sounded crazy, but just this once, he wanted to hold on to that theory.

He sat up, letting his head to rest against the headboard again.

The longer he let the theory play in his mind, the more it gave him purpose.

One thing was for sure, he needed to get to know Kate, maybe then, he would be able to put this theory to rest. All his heart needed was for a chance to meet little Amy once again and who knows, she might be closer than he initially thought.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

A One Time Affair Bow!

Любовные романы

35.2K 1.1K 44
Katee never got to grow up the normal way. She could barely understand the meaning of normal. Her life was always anything but normal and now normal...
82K 2.6K 53
(Sequel to "The Stepbrother") THIS STORY HAS BEEN UPDATED! WARNING! (R+18) This contains mature content and trigger warnings such as trauma, murder...
CRUEL INTENTIONS Khaos

Любовные романы

75.7K 1.9K 37
♠️STALKER ROMANCE ♠️ Carvida never grew up in a stable environment. Her life was a living hell. And all it took was one night crying in the garden an...
The Badboy's Heart | ✔ fae.

Подростковая литература

245K 15.8K 49
#620 teenfiction 21/4/2018 "If nothing last forever," he started in a satin smooth voice. "Then me and you are going to be nothing forever." A lump...