Destined (Book 1)

By jazztheebeauty

Lacey Crandall is just your typical girly, introverted she-wolf living day to day in Brookside, a small town... More

The Rejection
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Sequel: Bonus Chapter

Chapter 25

600 30 6
By jazztheebeauty

"Pants my Queen? Wouldn't the Alphas of the land feel disrespected," Lady Aurora asks me innocently. She's sort of become my shadow since she's joined court, and she's being taught by Solomon and a governess about our history, her gift and the position she holds in court. She's quite the little historian these days.

"Not in the slightest. The Alphas hold the queen to a high standard, but as times modernize so do the traditions. Pants at the region meeting are okay for me now," I explain to her making her blush with embarrassment.

"You look very pretty," she says bowing her head. I smile thankfully at her as I put on my jewelry.

Every month we hold a region meeting. All the Alphas of our kingdom come here the first weekend of every month and discuss new clauses, barriers, and anything else you can think of that is needed so that everyone is kept happy and packs continues flourishing under mine and Derek's rule. This particular region meeting is of great importance though. It's been a week since Derek and I have partially found out what is coming our way. While the teeth and claw of darkness slithers on the outskirts preparing for another ambush, Derek and I have called in the Alphas to keep everything outside the castle grounds in order. Their territory is theirs alone. Whatever happens on it is just something Derek and I will have to deal with. I've never been one to seek out violence as a form of justification, but ever since Derek and I have fully mated, I can't help but feel as if he and I share his dark nature now. It's scary at times, but I feel as if it is why I have become so quick to seek out Novena's thirst for justice by blood. A panicked Grandma Kenna walks into my room and I stiffen a little.

"It's the little one. He's set the room on fire," she breathes out and I immediately run to Noah's room. Fire? So soon? Derek is already there calming a fussy Noah when I arrive. The smell of smoke lingers in the air as the crisp holes in the wall begin to decay with ash.

"What happened," I ask a slightly frazzled Derek. His dark curls are a tousled mess and he looks as if he's seen a fucking ghost. I'd laugh honestly, but that would be wrong.

"His powers are beginning to show sooner than we expected. He started fussing and random places on the walls just caught on fire," he explains and I relax a little. Grandma Kenna, Robin, and my mother walk into Noah's room slightly panicked.

"Take him to Solomon. I need him to read Noah. Seems like this little guy is full of surprises today," I smile taking Noah from Derek. I place a soft kiss on his cheek as my rocking lulls him to sleep. We knew Noah would be a deumaul because of the blood of Essence. Whether he will possess two or three powers is solely up to what Mother has planned for him, and only Solomon will be able to tell.

***

Something about him seems off. We've been in this region meeting for over an hour discussing everything that is needed from the Alphas and what's needed from us. Alpha Yelverton hasn't said a word and it's throwing me off. He's the most boisterous alpha that I've come into contact with – hell Derek almost attacked because he was too forward. For him to not say a word about the plans for war is unsettling. He knows something. Novena states causing me to rise from my seat. The wheels in my head turn as everything falls into it's assuming place. It's almost as if the puzzles are finally coming together. I feel eyes on me and turn to find every pair at my attention as well as silence.

"Alpha Yelverton you have been all too quiet this afternoon. Surely you have some input on the matters at hand," I say calmly. A hint of fear comes from his direction, but nobody would smell it. He masks it pretty well with his arrogant attitude. He's hiding something Derek. I say through our mind-link causing Derek to stiffen slightly. Any outsider would think he's just being himself, but I know Derek very well. He's preparing to attack if necessary. It's a chilling quality about him and I feel my inner loins clench slightly. Who knew blood thirst could be so... arousing?

"With all due respect Queen Alaceia, none of this would be happening if it weren't for the blood of Essence running through your veins," he says defiantly looking me head on. Derek rises out of his seat and I hold my hand up to keep him at bay. This alpha needs to be taught a lesson in respect. His gaze is unwavering as he and I battle for dominance. He's assuming since I'm female I'll bow to him in submission, but he's sadly mistaken. I bow only to Mother. I feel all of the power She has blessed me with rush through my veins and smirk as the scent of his fear and uneasiness becomes stronger.

"The blood of Essence isn't a curse. You should know that," I say smirking. Alpha Yelverton immediately drops his gaze in submission, but the stink of his betrayal is heavy. Abernathy, see to it that Yelverton is held in a dungeon where even Her eye won't fucking reach him. I say through the mind-link and immediately Thomas enters the room with two guards accompanying him. The Alphas of the land remain quiet as they watch Alpha Yelverton be carried away in silver cuffs.

"Betrayal of any kind will be found no matter how hard you try to hide it. We do not wish for any of this to happen, but Mother has made it clear that peace will be brought under our reign. We can only do as She commands," Derek says earning head bows from all of the men. "Prepare your enforcers and trackers, increase your border detail, and keep us updated at all times. Two royal enforcers will be appointed to your lands for extra security and training," he orders and they all bow before they are dismissed. I sit back in my chair and try to calm Novena. There's a fox in the hen house and she's ready to hunt.

***

"My queen it looks like Prince Noah possesses deumaul blood of the fire and earth element as Mother and Prophecy have foretold," Solomon says with a happy glint in his eyes. He has been confined to his chambers for the past week. The old man tires out easily so I feel it's best to come to him when we need him, and not summon him.

"Will it be hard to contain his abilities? He almost set his room on fire while fussing. I don't want him setting the entire castle aflame," Derek says causing both Solomon and I to chuckle. Containing his abilities and he isn't even one is a lot of work and very pointless. Noah will look two by the time he's one. That's the time to teach him control.

"You cannot contain the abilities the blood has given him, but you can take extra precaution and safety proof his room with specks of silver in the walls. It will not weaken him, but it will weaken his abilities. Lord Oliver has done it for his and Lady Ophelia's young pup," Solomon says warily. He shivers slightly before his eyes begin to turn silver.

"Solomon," I rasp and he immediately grabs my hand as a blinding white lights takes my sight.

*Vision*

I'm standing in a doorway of a white room. There's tiny whimpering noises and I immediately rush to a baby crib. There's a litter of three pups with dark brown fur and one white one. All of them with gold embellishments around their paws. I try to reach out to them to silence their cries, but it's as if I'm unable to reach them. I begin to cry as their sobs become louder. I try to reach into the crib again, but the further I reach the louder they cry. I still don't stop reaching and soon a hand reaches out and grabs mine. I pull her up and I'm met with the face of a beautiful woman.

"Seek her," I hear before I'm consumed by darkness.

I open my eyes and Derek and I are both holding onto Solomon's hands.

"A seer is what you must find. If you want to save your litter you must find that girl," Solomon breathes out before his legs give way. I immediately catch him before he reaches the ground. I focus on his faint heartbeat as I take him to his bed. Mother is about to take him. I can sense it.

"I'll alert Sonya and Vincent," Derek says leaving me with Solomon. I make him comfortable as he breathes deeply. I will myself not to cry, but it's hard. Solomon has quickly weaved himself into my heart, and he's taught me so much about who I am destined to be. How can I let him go? What will I know to do? As if reading my mind Solomon grips my hand softly.

"My time is coming child, but do not fret. The seer you find will be of my bloodline. She will guide you as I have. Mother will use her as a vessel as she has used me. You two will become the closest of friends as you and I have," he breathes out. Tears begin to slowly escape my eyes as his words touch me. "It has been an honor to see the resurrection of the most honorable Orion," he says before the breath leaves his body and his silver orbs disappear behind his weathered eyelids. He's gone. He is with Mother now.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

287K 13.1K 44
Complete. Rootbridge Pack - Book one. She's on the run. He's living a normal life. She's being chased by shadows - haunted by memories. He's just ha...
109K 2.9K 28
Ace Michaelson. The wolf that everyone envies. It appears as if he owns nothing but perfections. The envy for him then morphs to anger. People either...
379K 15.5K 19
Hazel isn't your average wolf, while she shifts and has a wolf spirit like all the others she's different. She's a Royal which gives her the title of...
803K 26.6K 48
A werewolf. A mate. The cliche alpha rejects his mate story. But it's all too real for Charlie. Where can she even go? Her pack pretty much ignores h...