Rule Two// c.h

By Justeen_96

"We're in your dorms Calum!" I exclaimed as he lifted me up onto his low dresser and started kissing down my... More

Moving Away
High School Musical
Homecoming
Anything Goes
S-E-X
Talk of the Town
dR uNnk
Not A Date
Just Friends
Something That We're Not
Oops
Trouble In Paradise
Life of the Party
Sex Education
Hands To Myself
Favors
Complicated
Dromroom Escapades
Complicated Pt Two
One Year Later
Snaps
Don't Get Caught
Cheater, Cheater
Between A Rock
And A Hard Place
Confrontation
Better Than Sex
Epilogue: Pain Tolerance
Third Book!!

Stressed Out

19.7K 378 105
By Justeen_96

Jackie booed at the screen of my laptop as we watched her favorite model get kicked off ANTM. She threw popcorn agitatedly and I swatted her arm. "What did you expect Jackie? We're watching reruns of old cycles. Nothing's changed."

"I'm just hoping that in the future time travel exists and someone just as angry as me about Allies wrongful demise changes the past to create a better future." I start laughing at her as she speaks. Sometimes she's so outrageous.

"How many time travel movies have there been for us to know that changing the past is never a good thing Jackie?"

"Too many to count but so what. Someone is going to make a time travel machine and someone is eventually going to travel back in time and try to fuck up the world as we know it but we'll never notice because the wrong will be righted and yadda yadda yadda.  I bet you it's happened already."

"What has?" I asked, taking a breather in between laughing.

"Someone's time travelled, fucked up the past and then gone back to fix it and returned time to its normal flow."

"You're crazy."

"Maybe but I could be right too." I start up the next episode as Jackie digs her hand around in the depleting popcorn bowl. "Popcorn me." She says holding out the bowl. I roll my eyes.

"Well if you would stop throwing pieces around my room every time you were in satisfied maybe we would have more to eat and not a mess for me to clean up later." I say as I pick up thrown kernels on my way out the door and dump them in a small trashcan.

"Well if the judges just judged correctly I wouldn't be unsatisfied!" She called back to me. I rolled my eyes as I walked down the stairs. My mom was in the kitchen making dinner and she looked up as I came down.

"More popcorn?" She asks. I sigh and nod my head. "Is she messing up your room again?" She's smiling so I know she's not angry. I laugh a little.

"Yeah but we'll clean it up, promise." I say pulling out a bag of popcorn from the box I left on the kitchen table.

"I know you will but you two should stop eating soon. Dinner will be ready in an hour and you'll spoil your appetite."

"Don't worry Mrs. Karson you know I love to eat." Jackie said, coming down the stairs. My mom laughed as I shook my head at my best friend, waiting for the microwave to ding.

"Oh, I know." My mom replied lightly. "Are you girls still watching America Next Top Model."

"Of course." Jackie said. "We're almost through season seven." My mom nodded her head, smiling.

"Well, your father should I be home soon Lily. You girls have fun and I'll call you when dinner is ready." The microwave dinged and I opened it to take out the bag.

"Thanks mom." I said kissing her cheek before heading back upstairs with Jackie. "You know, we really should be studying for our test in history."

"Yeah but... This is more fun." Jackie said, flopping down onto my bed." I laughed and shook my head at her. Taking the popcorn bag from me, Jackie opened it and dumped the contents into the bowl she had grabbed before we left. "So you haven't been texting Calum as much as you usually do. Something up?" Jackie asked as I started up the new episode.

"No, I don't think so. I know he's stressed out about something. One of his classes." I shrugged and picked up my phone. "Yeah he never replied to my last message telling him not to stress out too much." I locked my phone and sighed.

"Well, whatever. I'm sure he's fine. Why is he stressed about classes?"

"He is in college. I guess it's different."

"Can't be that different. School is school, just different teachers and different classmates." I nodded my head. Yeah, she was right I guess but I was still worried about Calum.

----

"Come to Turn Up Tuesday with me."

"No."

"Come to Turn Up Tuesday with me."

"No."

"Come to-"

"Jake, I swear to god." I snapped at him, nearly throwing my pencil at his face. Jake frowned as he sat down on his bed. "I'm not going to Turn Up Tuesday with you. I'd rather be sober tomorrow when I take my test." My phone dinged and I smiled at the message from my girlfriend.

Lily 🌺
Don't stress out too much babe 😘

Smiling a little, I picked up my phone to reply when Jake took it out of my hands. "Fuck you Jake and give me back my phone." I demanded.

"It's just my sister, she can wait." He turned off the notifications on my phone and I frowned at him.

"Your sister is my girlfriend. Give me my phone."

"Stop reminding me of that." Jake said, shaking his head in dismay.

"It won't make it any less true."

"Whatever man just come to the party with me. You don't have to drink."

"Then what's the point of going. There will loud music, flashing lights and I need to study."

"There will also be girls you can't look at, alcohol you can't drink.." I started to sigh. He wasn't putting up a very convincing argument. "And.. And, weed you can smoke." That caught my attention. I hadn't gotten high properly since that final party with all of our high school friends. "I've caught your attention haven't I?" I sighed.

"Whatever Jake, just go by yourself. You're a big boy now you can do things on your own." Jake scowled.

"I want to go with you man." I didn't say anything. "Damn, I really thought mentioning weed would get you to come with me."

"My days of smoking and getting high are over." I said jokingly.

"Bullshit, just come with me." Jake hit my shoulder. The idea of being high off my ass right now was really tempting. I didn't need much convincing but I also knew I shouldn't go. This test was important. "You can study more later. Let's go smoke right now though please." He had hooked me. I sighed.

"Fine, lets go." I muttere,d grabbing my jacket. Jake grinned and tossed me my phone.

"Don't tell Lily. She doesn't know I smoke." He paused. "Does she know you do?" I shook my head. "So you're lying to her?" Damn. First he wants me to lie about him smoking and then gets mad at me for lying to her?

"I'm not really lying to her. I guess I've just never mentioned it. She's never gone to a party with us remember? So she doesn't see me when I'm faded and she usually just asks if I had fun at the parties, not what I did. It's never come up. I guess I could tell.."

"Naw, forget it. If she accidentally says something about us getting high in front of my mom, I'll be in trouble."

"Lily's more careful than that. You should trust your sister."

"She's my sister Calum, of course I don't trust her. Now let's go or we'll miss all the fun." Jake said, heading for the door. I sighed and shook my head at him following him out. I almost.. Almost texted lily about where I was going and what I was doing but it didn't really matter I guess. I could tell her later. Stepping out, I locked our bedroom door behind us.

A/N:
I had to read basically the entire first book to figure out Lily's last name and while I was reading, I found out I wrote that Calum was bad at math.... Lol. Let's forget all of that. He's good at math. Bye. ✌🏼️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.6K 671 39
❝You've been acting so conspicuous.❞ ❝Who do you love now?❞ ❝Just admit it.❞ --- "I can't Calum." She said as I leaned in to kiss her, her face cuppe...
1K 30 13
"I really should just focus on base-" Adel cut him off while laughing, as she stood up from her place in his bed. "Calm down, Dude. This was a hooku...
132K 2.6K 23
Final Installment in the Rules Series "Look at me!" I shout at Calum. Slowly, he lifts his eyes. "I have never been so disappointed in you than I am...
451 5 8
**This book is not for ages under 18** Have you ever been so addicted to someone, that you don't know how you ever lived your life without them? Whe...