A Miraculous Fairytale

By ladynoirshipper

Marinette Dupain-Cheng is an average peasant girl growing up in a small village named Parisilia. It is strict... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20

Chapter 16

14.7K 631 513
By ladynoirshipper

Ladybug lifted up the trap door slowly and inspected the area. People were frantically running around the cramped perimeters of the room. Guards were yelling and raising their weapons to try and gain control.

Someone must've noticed Marinette in the crowd. Then they probably whispered about it to others and the guards must've overheard. She was no longer hidden.

Ladybug jumped out of the tiny space and appeared in the room with the villagers. Immediately, they stopped and looked at her in awe. Then, they cheered.

Guards turned their heads at the superhero and growled. "Kill her!" one guard ordered.

Ladybug sprung up into the air using her yoyo and ran along the walls. From that point, she wrapped her arm around a metal bar of the cell and glanced down at the guards. They were all coming for her in a packed group. She smirked. Too easy.

Ladybug threw her yoyo at them and it wrapped tightly around their bodies. They struggled against the restraint but the magical string was too powerful.

Ladybug grunted as she hoisted the guards over to an open jail cell and locked them inside. She retrieved her yoyo and wrapped it around her waist.

The guards ran up to the bars and shook them angrily. "You'll never live to see tomorrow! More guards will be on their way shortly!" a guard spat, his face red with anger.

"Don't bet on it," Ladybug winked. She then turned around and faced the villagers who were watching the event unfold in shock. "Get out of here!" she yelled.

The villagers quickly fled the room, shoving each other out of the way to get out. One villager stayed behind, though. Alya.

Ladybug smiled proudly. "Don't worry, I've got this handled.

Alya gulped and took a step forward. "Is my... friend okay?"

Ladybug's shoulder dropped ever so slightly. Her smile faded away.

"I'm sure," Ladybug nodded slowly.

"My friend, Marinette..." Alya continued.

Ladybug widened her eyes. That friend. She laughed nervously.

"Yeah, I saved all those people," Ladybug replied. "I'm sure she's fine."

"Don't lie to me," Alya continued, her eyes watering. "I saw her here. With the other villagers! I just want her to be okay."

Ladybug stepped towards Alya and placed her hand on her shoulder assuringly. "I saw her make it out," Ladybug said. "She's... safe."

Alya nodded, wiping a stray tear from her eye. "Okay. I trust you, Ladybug."

Ladybug smiled before Alya backed away.

"Go home," Ladybug said.

Alya nodded and smiled. "Okay. See ya." She quickly exited the room and Ladybug sighed with relief, her smile fading and her emotions filling with guilt.

The superhero then heard a sniffle from behind her and turned around. The guards were wiping tears from their eyes.

"That was a beautiful display," one guard weeped. "You are a hero."

"Sit tight," Ladybug said to them, rolling her eyes. She exited the room and was now beginning her next quest- saving Adrien.

*

Adrien slipped into the Kingdom unnoticed. He looked around before racing up the grand staircase. Halfway up, someone called him.

"Your Highness," a voice said. He turned around and his royal assistant, Nathalie, was standing there with a stack of papers in her hand.

She joined him on the steps before bowing. "The preparations for the marriage are complete," she said. "Please inform Ms. Bourgeoise."

Adrien nodded and hesitantly took the papers. "Very well," he mumbled. Nathalie bowed once again before leaving.

Adrien continued up the stairs, this time more slowly and without stride. The papers only made it more real. He was destined to marry Chloe. And there wasn't anything he could do about it.

He walked past a large window, but something caught his eye. He turned his head and noticed that a red figure was looking at him from afar. He looked closer and saw that it was Ladybug. She was standing on a tree branch and looking directly at him.

Adrien moved closer to the window and then placed a hand on it. The girl he truly loved was so close but so far away. His breath was fogging up the glass as his emerald eyes stared at Ladybug.

"Adrien!" she yelled, her face contorting in anger.

Adrien raised an eyebrow. Why was Ladybug yelling? He hadn't done anything wrong? Well, he did fog up the window...

"Adrien!" she yelled again, louder. A sharp pain was then felt in Adrien's shoulder, and he quickly turned around.

Chloe was standing there, a twisted grin on her face. "Hi, my Adrien," she cooed. "I thought you had lost it or something. I was calling your name."

Adrien widened his eyes and faced the window again. Ladybug was gone. She was no longer sitting in the spot on the tree. Was it all an illusion? A figment of his imagination?

"So, what papers do you have there?" Chloe asked.

Adrien blinked a few times. "Oh, uh, Nathalie gave these to me," he said.

Chloe snatched the papers from his hands and read it over. She smirked with delight. "Ah! Our wedding is approved by your father. How nice."

Adrien gulped and offered a smile. "Yeah."

"Well, I'm going to get fixed up for our big ceremony," Chloe said, smoothing her hair. She got on her tippy toes and pecked Adrien on the cheek. "Goodbye, my sweets."

Chloe strutted away while Adrien quickly wiped her saliva off his cheek. He cleared his throat and then continued down the hallway, stealing one last glance at the window before he did so.

Adrien entered his room and closed the door. He sat in his chair and sighed, pinching his nose. He didn't want this marriage to happen, but it was the only way he could ensure his friends' safety.

A quiet knock was heard at the door. It was probably Chloe. "Come in!" he yelled, slightly out of patience.

The door opened slowly and instead of Chloe being there, a hooded figure was in the doorway. Their facial features were undistinguishable under the cover of the hood. Adrien raised an eyebrow. "Who are you?" he asked suspiciously.

The figure entered the room slowly and then closed the door. Adrien got up from his seat and inched towards the figure curiously.

A set of tiny hands emerged from beneath the cloak and removed the hood, unveiling the person inside it. Adrien gasped.

He knew those soft blue eyes from anywhere. Then he closely inspected her. Her cheeks were sprinkled with dirt, her lips were chapped and sore. Her hair was messy. What had she gone through to come here?

"Marinette," Adrien breathed. "What are you doing here?"

Marinette stepped forward, her body swaying. She was obviously disoriented. "I-I came here. For you."

"But how are you not dead?!" Adrien exclaimed, wrapping his arms around her. "It's freezing outside!"

"Nothing I can't handle," Marinette breathed slowly.

"You need medical attention or else you'll die," Adrien said.

"I'll be fine," Marinette assured him, wiggling her way out of his arms. "Come back with me to the village. The superheroes can fight the King off there! You don't have to stay here to protect me."

Adrien frowned and shook his head. "You don't get it. It's something more now."

Marinette tilted her head. What was he talking about?

"What?" she asked.

Adrien looked her straight in the eye. "I'm marrying Chloe."

"What?!" Marinette whispered harshly. "Why?"

"She said if I didn't then she would tell the King I visited your village," Adrien said quietly.

"He already knows, though!" Marinette replied.

Adrien was confused. His father knew? But that would mean... Chloe lied to Adrien. She did tell the King what happened. Adrien should've known.

"I can't believe I didn't see it sooner," he sighed.

"That means we can leave!" Marinette said, tugging on his arm desperately. "Hurry! Before-"

WHOOSH!

The door to the room swung open all of a sudden and standing in the doorway were a dozen castle guards. Their swords were aimed right at Marinette.

She clenched her fists and narrowed her eyes. They had come here for a fight, so they'd get one.

They started swarming in the room and over to Marinette. Adrien jumped in front of her protectively.

"Leave her alone!" he yelled in his best authoritative voice. "Stand down!"

The guards chuckled and smacked Adrien in the leg. He fell to the ground in pain. Marinette gasped in shock. How could the guards treat the Prince that way? Unless...

"They don't listen to you anymore, my boy," a deep voice said.

Marinette glanced up at the sound of his voice. The King was standing in the doorway, smiling sinisterly. Behind him, Chloe was grinning.

"You!" Marinette hissed. "Why!?"

"Because Adrien needs to learn a lesson. And that is to never befriend a worthless peasant," Gabriel replied.

The guards charged at Marinette with their swords drawn but she quickly jumped out of the way. They all shared confused looks,  wondering how she had such quick reflexes.

Adrien lifted his head and narrowed his eyes at his father. "I should've seen past your lies!" he spat. "You were never a good man! Everything bad you ever did to the villagers was true! I didn't want to believe the rumors, but I guess they are real!"

Gabriel scrunched his nose up in disgust, taken aback by his sons' words. "Bite your tongue! Has this peasant brainwashed you?"

Adrien shook his head, standing up slowly. He glared at his father. "No, but someone else did."

Gabriel narrowed his eyes and cleared his throat. "Well then. Looks like there is no place for you in this Kingdom acting like that. Disobedient child."

Marinette quietly slipped out of the room while the conversation was going on in order to transform. Tikki flew out of her pocket.

"We need to do something," Marinette whispered.

Tikki nodded. "Yes. But please be careful, Marinette!"

Marinette nodded her head. "I will. Tikki, spots on!" The transformation began and Marinette's outfit was instantly changed into the Ladybug suit.

She sprang into the room and began swinging her yoyo. All attention was focused on her. She smirked confidently and stared right at Gabriel. Now was the time for a trap.

"Wanna talk? We can talk," Ladybug offered, going according to plan.

Gabriel chuckled. The guards did so as well. Adrien stared between Gabriel and Ladybug in shock.

"Foolish superhero," Gabriel said. "I'm afraid you wouldn't have the capacity to comprehend my request."

Ladybug shrugged, looking around. "Try me," she said. Then she pointed at Adrien. "But leave him out of it."

Gabriel smiled with satisfaction. "Very well." He glanced over at Adrien. "Off you go. I'll deal with you later."

Adrien tried to protest but guards shoved him out of the room.

Ladybug sighed and took a seat. She tilted her head at Gabriel. "You and me both know that only one of us is going to get what we want, right?"

Gabriel crossed his arms and slowly approached Ladybug. He glanced interestingly at her earrings. "I know that indeed."

"So let's say, what I want is to get you out of power," Ladybug said casually. "What's your want?"

"I'm afraid that doesn't matter," Gabriel mused. He glanced at something behind Ladybug. "Because I've already gotten what I want."

Ladybug tensed, ready to reach for her yoyo. "And that is?"

Gabriel snapped his fingers, and in an instant, a sharp object prodded Ladybug in the back. She cursed to herself. She should've seen this coming. Gabriel was smart; he turned her trap against her.

Ladybug slowly turned her head and stared into the eyes of Chloe.

The superhero wanted to burst out with laughter. Chloe was the person Gabriel had for backup? What a joke.

Ladybug cracked a smile when Gabriel tilted his head. "What's the matter? Too easy? Oh, alright."

He snapped his fingers again and the door swung open. Standing in the doorway were numerous guards, all with sharp and pointy swords aimed at Ladybug.

"Oh," she breathed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

443 17 14
The world has fallen into chaos after the Power Shift. Governments rarely last more than a few weeks, and everyone lives in uncertainty. Choosing to...
38.6K 1.4K 6
Adrien Agreste is different. He was born with a curse. He could kill and destroy anything he touched. Ignored and misunderstood by his father, he bel...
1K 57 30
This is a royalty au for miraculous ladybug. The story focuses on Princess Marinette, her kingdom is the Supreme power of the Iand. She is on good te...
113K 3K 23
Meet Marinette Dupain-Cheng. A girl who smiles and acts like nothing is wrong. She got good at lying. You know what else she got good at? Putting a...