Genesis ► GREY'S ANATOMY [1]

Por apricitii

IN WHICH two sisters try to get their lives back on track, while working as interns in the same hospital. Wit... Más

GENESIS
CHAPTER ONE
CHAPTER TWO
CHAPTER FOUR
CHAPTER FIVE
CHAPTER SIX
CHAPTER SEVEN
CHAPTER EIGHT
CHAPTER NINE
CHAPTER TEN
CHAPTER ELEVEN
CHAPTER TWELVE
CHAPTER THIRTEEN
CHAPTER FOURTEEN
CHAPTER FIFTEEN
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
CHAPTER NINETEEN
CHAPTER TWENTY
CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
CHAPTER TWENTY-THREE
CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR
CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE
CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE
CHAPTER THIRTY
CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE
CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO
CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX
CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN
CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT
CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE
CHAPTER FORTY
CHAPTER FORTY-ONE
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
CHAPTER FORTY-THREE
SEQUEL!

CHAPTER THREE

31.8K 648 167
Por apricitii

IT WAS RAINING outside, the rain drops clattering against Courtney's window. They youngest Grey loved sleep and was like a lioness when you woke her up before her alarm went off. However, Izzie didn't know that piece of information and woke Courtney up. "What the hell are you doing in my room, Izzie? I'm trying to sleep over here!" Courtney snapped with an icy tone. She looked at her clock, seeing that it was 4.36 am, before looking at Izzie again. Said girl was hovering over the youngest Grey with a cup of coffee in her hand.

"George's room is bigger than mine."

"Are you serious? This is the reason you woke me up? A stupid room? Be glad that you even get to stay here." Courtney looked away from the blonde. "Just get out of my room. Go complain to Meredith about it, she might actually care more about this problem than I do."

"Sorry." Izzie quickly left the youngest Grey alone, who got out of her bed with a sigh. She grabbed some clothes out of her closet and strolled towards the bathroom. Before closing the bathroom door, she saw Meredith walking fast through the halls with Izzie following her. While Courtney was in the bathroom, the other two roommates were still complaining to Meredith about the rooming situation.

With a sigh, Courtney got ready, glad that finally she had some space and quiet. She heard footsteps coming up the stairs. When she exited the bathroom, she knew that now Meredith needed some quiet, alone time. "Am I the only one regretting the decision?" Courtney wondered as Meredith passed her by in a hurry. She gave her younger sister a look before entering the bathroom.

"Really? We should watch them. Meredith do you want to watch –" George asked, Courtney not knowing what they were talking about. Meredith however had enough of them and slammed the door in their faces. Seconds later, she opened it again and took Izzie's coffee before shutting the door again.

"Meredith, do you want some privacy?"

"What do you think, George? Does it look like she wants to talk?" Courtney deadpanned as she pointed at the closed door.

☤☤☤

An annoyed Bailey was walking down the hallway with her interns following her. She had been in a bad mood ever since that morning, when the 'Dead Baby Bike Race' had begun. Derek, who was new to Seattle, didn't know about the little fact and was almost run over, but Bailey saved his life. Every single year, the bar (The Dead Baby Bar - a horrendous name) held an underground bike race. The winner got free shots of tequila. The prize that Seattle Grace got was mass casualties: bikers and pedestrians. "Fools on bikes killing themselves. Natural selection is what it is."

"So what's up with the Nazi? Is she off her meds?" Alex Karev asked no one in particular as he walked next to Courtney. She tried to not look at the guy next to her, still a bit angry from the comment he had made. Maybe she would forgive him, maybe not. Only time could tell if they were ever going to be friends.

"Have you not heard of this idiotic, borderline stupid race?" Courtney raised one of her eyebrows, finally looking at her fellow intern. A bit farther away, Richard Webber was standing in front of a very organized O.R board together with Burke and Shepherd, telling them that maybe they would have an early night. However, Bailey passed them in the hallway and immediately stopped when she saw the Chief, passing on a message.

"Chief! Dead baby bike race started twenty minutes ago."

"All right, people! Dead baby bike race day!" Richard called out and clapped his hands to get everyone moving as Bailey continued walking. Another intern started wiping off some of the O.R board schedule. The group got onto the elevator to go down to the pit. As they got dressed in some yellow gowns, George and Meredith started explaining what this whole Dead Baby Bike Race actually was.

"Every year this bar–"

"The Dead Baby Bar." Meredith immediately interrupted George, who had just started speaking.

"Every year, they hold this underground bike race."

"Don't you wonder why someone would name a bar something so disgusting?"

"Keep your panties on, Nancy Drew."

"The race is completely illegal, and–" George spoke again after being interrupted by first Izzie and then Cristina. However, before even finishing his sentence, he was interrupted once again by Meredith.

"Crazy, a bunch of bike messengers racing against traffic trying to beat each other for free shots of tequila."

"All-out, no holds barred competition. Sounds like fun." Alex smiled.

"Yeah, you would think that."

"The race, the race doesn't even have any rules. Except eye gouging. No eye gouging." George said, which made Izzie chuckle. Courtney hadn't been listening to the whole conversation, since she already knew what the race was about. It had been happening for a quite a while, even when Courtney was younger and still lived in Seattle.

"Oh great, we're going to be trapped in the Pit bandaging up idiots when we could be up in the O.R?" Cristina complained. George saw that Izzie had some problems tying up the back of her gown so he moved to help her.

"What kind of people engage in a race that has, as its only rule that you can't rip out the eyeballs of another human being?" He wondered, while moving to help Alex tying up his gown, but Alex shook his head not wanting any help.

"Men, Georgie, men." He commented, which made George throw Alex's gown so it practically went off him.

"Yeah right, the only people that would engage in such monstrosity are morons who don't use their brains." She glanced over at Alex, who was struggling to put on his gown after George threw it off him. "Oh, Alex, you would fit right in." Courtney shot him a smile, while the others were snickering at her comment.

"I need someone to get up to the OR floor, the Chief needs a right hand." Bailey asked her interns, all dressed in their yellow gown. Everyone's hand shot up – including other interns that weren't even apart of Bailey's group. "George." He looked pleased, smiling brightly, while the rest brought their hands down, annoyed and some even jealous.

"Okay people, the rules of trauma. Don't mingle with the E.R interns, they don't know their ass from their oesophagus. Sew fast, discharge fast; take bodies up to the O.R. yesterday. And don't let me catch you fighting over patients. Got it? Come on, let's go." George took off his gown and headed back the way they had come earlier as the other interns ran and pushed each other to get to the pit.

"Oh, it's like candy, but with blood, which is so much better." Cristina said as she saw the injured bodies in the pit.

"Oh my god..." Izzie muttered, when a person was wheeled in by the paramedics looking pretty shoddy. Cristina yelled out mine, before dashing to the patient with Izzie chasing after her, yelling back that she had seen the patient first. Looked like they hadn't listened to Bailey very well. The two Grey sisters and Alex were looking around the pit trying to find people with serious injuries. When Meredith noticed a guy sitting on of the bed with nail spokes coming out of his abdomen, her whole face lit up.

"Ooh. I'll take that guy."

"No, you'll have to beat me to him first." Alex responded. They both pushed their way against each other hurriedly trying to get to the guy. Courtney watched the two arguing with a raised eyebrow, before her ocean blue eyes wandered over to a guy with green hair, who was covered with barbed wire.

"Oh, hell yeah. And I didn't even have to fight anyone for this case. Best day ever!" Courtney muttered to herself as she stared at her soon to be patient. He was looking around the emergency room, waiting for someone to come and help him. People walked passed him, not paying attention to the fact that barbed wire was everywhere. Straightening her white coat, Courtney started walking over to the man.

"Hello, I'm Doctor Grey. You look like you need some help. What did you do to get yourself covered in barbed wire?" She asked as she took a seat next to the bed. He looked down at her, a sigh escaping his lips.

"Well, as you probably know, the race of the year has begun and I – obviously – entered for the free tequila." He sang the last words, earning a roll of Courtney's eyes. He coughed, when Courtney didn't comment. "At some point in the race, we rode past a house with some sort of crazy looking fence with barbed wire. Who even has a fence like that, am I right? Okay, so, because it had rain the last couple of days, the streets were a bit slippery and wet and my bike slipped and I fell into the fence. I lost the race, man." The man explained, biting his lip. He seemed a bit nervous.

"So, you admit that you aren't going to compete anymore? Most of the other bikers would be fighting us to get out."

"I know when I lost, blondie. But, anyhow, how bad is it?"

"I'm doctor Grey to you and it looks pretty bad from where I'm sitting." Courtney revealed, taking a look at the man. "I'll remove the superficial wire at first to get a better look, but I'm pretty sure that you might need surgery to get the rest out. Now, let's hope that none of your organs are pierced."

"Wait, what? My organs are pierced? Are you kidding? Holy shit, man, that's mental." Courtney shot him a strange look, before grabbing a pair of wire cutters and cutting the first piece of wire. In the meantime, Meredith and Alex had finally battled it out for their guy – Viper. Meredith had gotten the patient and was taken care of the guy, while Alex looked around the pit for another case.

His eyes landed on one blonde intern cutting pieces of barbed wire out of a guy. He smirked, figuring that he could maybe steal her patient. He walked over to the two and stood near the man's feet. "Hey, Courtney. Looks like a surgical case, huh? Are you sure that you can handle this one? I'll be more than happy to take over." Alex suggested, earning a glare for the girl.

Courtney stopped cutting and glanced over at Alex, "Yeah, it does, huh? Sadly for you, you aren't taking this case from me. There are plenty enough people in the pit for you to help, so stop bothering me and actually practice some medicine." Alex shot her a glare, before walking away.

"Wow, that was pretty hot."

"Please, no, don't even try and hit on me."

☤☤☤

"This might hurt, Cosmo? Your name was Cosmo, right?" Courtney tried to get his mind off what she was about to do. One of the wires was stuck pretty deep, but not that deep that it was going to be one of the few pieces that needed to be removed surgically.

"Yeah, I changed it after I turned twenty-one. The name my parents give me was, um, Michael."

"So, why did you change it?"

"I changed it to make sure that some chick couldn't find me anymore. She was quite the crazy girl and stalked me for like two years. It was crazy weird, man. After they let me change my name, I moved to Seattle and met – aw, what the hell!" Courtney had pulled the piece out and started disinfecting the wound, so she could stitch it.

"Go on, I'm still listening."

"I met Wanda, my fiancée – have you guys called her yet? She's probably super worried – and we've been together for a little bit more than six years. She's the love of my life, if I'm being honest."

"Really? Why did you try and hit on me then?"

"It was just a joke, lady. Plus, I think that I still might be a little drunk?"

"Are you serious? You think that you might still be drunk? I think that I get the whole picture now. Just stop me when I'm wrong, alright? Before the race, you thought that maybe a shot or more of tequila would give you so more confidence. You drank that much that you started seeing a bit blurry, but the prize – free tequila – was too much to pass up. So, you got on your bike, drunk off your ass and ended up crashing into a fence later on in the race." Courtney asked, still continuing to stitch.

"Um, maybe?"

"What did I say? Morons, who don't know the words using common sense." Courtney muttered to herself, making sure that he didn't hear her.

"Did you say something?"

"No, I didn't say anything, Cosmo. You probably imagined it, you know, maybe it's because you're still drunk."

"Are you judging me?"

"Oh no, wouldn't dare, Cosmo."

"Looks like I'm not the only one who is lying here, blondie."

☤☤☤

Courtney was almost done cutting all the superficial pieces of barbed wire away, which was a relief for both her and her patient. While she had been cutting, he had told her stories about him and his fiancée and how he had proposed to her and how they started dating. She thought it was cute an all, but she wondered if his fiancée knew about this whole deal, the race. "Voila, I'm done and you'll be prepped for surgery, after the O.R is booked. And don't worry, your fiancée has been called and she'll be here soon. You'll see her after your surgery."

"Yeah, okay. Thanks by the way, for helping me."

"Don't thank me just yet, you can save that for after your surgery." Courtney said, before walking away to the nearest telephone. She called one of the operating room, requesting the space for the surgery, which she got. Courtney had also asked a nurse to page Bailey about this and the woman arrived in the pit in no time.

"Grey, which idiot do we need to operate on?" Courtney pointed at Cosmo, who looked around. "Alright then, prepare him for surgery and then you can scrub in."

"I can scrub in?"

"That's what I said. He's your patient, so why wouldn't you scrub in?" Bailey walked away again and Courtney was left alone with a huge smile on her face. She was going to scrub into an actual surgery! She let out a triumphant yes, earning a few glances. Courtney smiled sheepishly at the people staring at her, before going back to Cosmo. However, something stopped her. The blonde looked through a window, showing a small examining room and her sister being kissed by some random guy.

Her eyes widened in shock and her hand flew in front of her open mouth. What the hell was going on? She took a few steps closer to the window and squinted her eyes. Meredith's patient, another one of those morons in the race, was kissing her when she clearly didn't want to be kissed by him. The eldest Grey held up her hands in protest, making the youngest want to storm in there and punch the man in the face, but she couldn't move. Courtney wasn't the only shocked one: Derek had seen it as well, but he looked more upset than shocked.

When Viper finally let go of Meredith, Courtney let out a sigh of relief as Derek walked away still a bit upset. The eldest of the sisters saw her sister through the window and shot her a look. Courtney mouthed the question if she was alright, making Meredith nod. They waved goodbye, before Courtney went to her own patient who needed to be prepped for surgery.

Courtney Grey with the help of a few nurses – including Valerie – were prepping the patient, when suddenly another nurse going by the name of Tyler Christian called her over. "Are you guys going to be okay?"

"Yeah, don't worry about us."

She walked up to Tyler, "What is it?"

"A girl, Wanda Alvina, keeps asking for her fiancé. I wanted to let her come and see him, but I see that you're prepping him for surgery. So, I'll tell her to wait, is that alright with you?"

"Um, I'll do it, since I need to be going that way anyway." She walked back to Cosmo, who was all ready to go. She nodded at the nurses and doctors, telling them that it was time. They started wheeling him down the hallways all up to an O.R, while Courtney made a little detour to talk to Cosmo's fiancée. When she arrived in the waiting room, she saw a blonde girl with pink highlights pacing back and forth.

"Wanda Alvina?" Courtney asked and the blonde girl stopped pacing. She almost ran towards Courtney, immediately asking if she knew anything about the state of her fiancé. "I've removed most of the wires already, the superficial ones, but he needs surgery to remove the rest of them. He's on his way now and we'll start operating soon. He'll be fine, don't worry. We'll do anything we can."

"He's such a moron! I told him that it was a stupid idea, but he thought it was funny and wanted to enter. I told him millions of times that he would get hurt, but he wouldn't listen to me. That dumbass! I'm going to kill him." Wanda told her, going with her hands through her hair. "Please take good care of him."

"We will, but I have to go now. His surgery is starting any minute now."

☤☤☤

Bailey and Courtney scrubbed in, before entering into the operating room. Courtney walked in with a huge smile on her face. The surgery was her very first one and she was beyond excited. When Bailey neared the operation table and noticed Cosmo's hair, she raised her eyebrows before starting to cut. Courtney was watching the procedure, intensely, needing to see everything that her resident was doing. Miranda Bailey was removing a thread of wires from Cosmo, when two interns entered the O.R. Izzie and Cristina were a bit surprised – one of them even a bit jealous, because Courtney was in the O.R. and she wasn't. But that was about to change if she got her way – to see that Courtney standing near the operating table.

Once the blonde noticed them, she shot them a confused look, not knowing what they were up too. Her eyes wandered back to her patient, but Bailey had stopped operating once the door had opened. "I know you see me removing barbed wires from this patient's body. Do I strike you as someone who enjoys multitasking?"

"We have a John Doe. In three hours, we have to declare him brain dead. We want to harvest his organs." Cristina quickly explained, while stepping closer to the patient wanting to see the remaining wires stuck in his body. She stopped moving closer, after Bailey had given her a look.

"So why you wasting time on this? You know how many patients we have downstairs."

"If he dies," Izzie told Bailey, while looking at Cristina. "And he could still live, you know," She turned back to face Bailey again, before continuing to speak. "His death should mean something."

"And you want a harvest surgery."

"I wanna save lives." Cristina lied, but her resident and fellow interns saw right through her. Courtney tried to hold back a laugh, because she knew that this was a typical Cristina move. "Okay, I want a harvest surgery."

"Getting organs from a John Doe is a long shot. Without ID, you can't contact the family, without the family, you can't get consent to harvest the organs. Let the poor man die in peace."

"But if we can find the family –" Izzie added, looking at her resident with a glimpse of sadness in her eyes.

"And get consent."

"We could harvest the organs?" Cristina questioned.

"If you find the family." The two interns dashed off and Bailey sighed before starting to operate again. A while later, Bailey had removed all wires, but a complication had risen. One of his organs – his liver – had been pierced by one of the wires. At first, it had been manageable, but due to Bailey removing the wire, the tear in the liver had become larger and started bleeding. "Suction." Courtney was handed the suction surgery pomp and she looked at the device in her hand, before looking at Bailey like a deer caught in headlights. "Come on, Grey! I can't perform the Pringle maneuver with all this blood, so do what I ask and suction."

Courtney wanted to reply, but nothing came out. She heard a faint beeping in the background, letting the other doctors know that he might be dying. "Courtney!" Bailey yelled at her, making Courtney snap out of her trance. She looked down at the device one more time, before doing what needed to be done. Suction. Everyone else in the room let out a sigh in relief, glad that Courtney had snapped out of it. With most of the blood gone, Bailey performed the Pringle maneuver. She used a large atraumatic hemostat to clamp the hepatoduodenal ligament, interrupting the flow of blood through an artery and a portal vein. So, she could help control the bleeding from the liver. Cosmo's heartbeat had steadied again. He was going to be alright.

After the operation had been completed, Cosmo was rolled to an empty room, while Courtney walked away, dazed. She couldn't believe that she had been frozen when asked to suction and help save a person's life. She felt like a failure, like she wasn't cut out to be a surgeon after all. Maybe her mother was right after all. Her feet brought her to the deserted hallway, where luckily no one was. She sat down on one of the beds and hugged her knees, her head resting on them. Her eyes started watering, but she quickly wiped away the tears. She couldn't break down and cry.

It was not who she was.

She was stronger than that. "You can't be a weak person, Courtney. You're my daughter and my daughters don't cry like little girls. So, hide those tears and emotions, hide everything that makes you weak." Her mother always said, when she had caught Courtney crying. Ellis Grey was of the opinion that feelings made her weak and that was also what she taught her two children.

Courtney repeated the sentence feelings make you weak in her head a couple of times, before wiping her tears away. She closed her eyes, regaining focus of her emotions, and let go of her knees. She took a few deep breaths, already feeling much better and glanced around the room, praying that nobody had entered. Her face fell, when she saw Alex Karev standing in the hallway with his arms crossed and a smirk on his face. "Well, well, I never thought that I would see the day that Courtney Grey cries. You look horrible," Alex neared the blonde, who was horrified. "What happened?"

"Are you going soft? Am I dreaming this? Is Alex Karev asking me if I'm doing alright?" Courtney asked and placed her hand on her chest, faking chest pain. "Am I dying or is the world actually ending?"

"Thanks, really. Is this really what I get for being nice? I had at least expected a kiss to show your gratitude." She slapped his shoulder, but a smile appeared on her lips. "There it is. But honestly, are you okay?"

"Yeah, I will be. Don't worry about me. I can look after myself," Courtney got off the bed and looked at Alex. "I won't say a thing, if you do the same. No one has to know that I cried or that you might be a decent human being. It'll be our secret."

"Deal."

☤☤☤

After Courtney had went to see Cosmo and Wanda, she went to the gallery to see if she could watch a surgery. She opened the door and some people looked at her, before their eyes were back on the operating room. The blonde saw her sister, Izzie, Cristina and George and sat down next to them. "Hey, guys." Courtney greeted them, but they didn't reply. They continued to glare at Alex Karev instead. He was currently scrubbing in an open-heart surgery that Doctor Burke was doing. Cristina and Meredith were complaining about their fellow intern, saying that they hated the guy and that he was vermin.

"At least Burke is doing the surgery. I don't care about Alex." Izzie responded to the others, while looking at the brown-haired guy who didn't look comfortable. "George, you did good!" Courtney didn't say anything, but wondered what had happened in the time that she had been in surgery. Something to do with Alex and George had done something to contribute as well.

"I'm going to have to dodge Burke for the rest of my career." He revealed and then turned to Meredith to whisper. "He could kill me and make it look like an accident." Suddenly one of the nurses entered the gallery, telling Izzie and Cristina that the police had called. They had identified John Doe and had called his wife, which made Izzie sigh in relief. She left the gallery together with Cristina.

"Will someone please explain me what Karev did now?" Courtney asked the two remaining interns. Meredith glanced at her, before beginning the story. She told Courtney how Izzie and Cristina had a John Doe, who was brain dead. Izzie had had hope that he might make it, but it was too late already. They came up with the idea to harvest his organs, so that his death could mean something. But there was a problem with his heart, so they couldn't do the harvest surgery. The two searched for someone who wanted to do a surgery on him, which ended up being Burke. Meredith ended the story by telling how Alex had stolen their chance to scrub in right from under their noses. "Dear god, he really is the devil incarnated. He's such an asshole. I would've knocked some common sense in him and I mean that literally. Nobody ever steals a surgery from me." Courtney stated.

George looked scared and tried to not look at Courtney, while Meredith simply nodded. She knew that Courtney had a short fuse and might be a bit aggressive sometimes. She thought back of a moment in high school, when Courtney had punched a guy after he had insulted Meredith. The eldest had rejected him – after he had asked her out – since he wasn't her type. He couldn't handle the rejection well, so he started calling Meredith a slut and other names. Courtney had caught wind of this and punched him the first time she saw him. It didn't matter to her that he was a year older than her, nobody ever calls her sister names.

The two had gotten into a fight, with teachers having to pull them apart. She had been sent to the principal and had been in detention for two weeks. She also had to clean up the girls' bathroom stalls and her mother had been notified, which was the worst punishment of all. When they got back home, Ellis had yelled at her daughter, saying things that deeply upset a teenage Courtney. However, instead of crying, the girl had hidden the pain and tears.

Courtney got up from her chair and said goodbye to George and Meredith. She went back to check up on her patient. A smile appeared on her face as she saw Wanda sitting on the edge of Cosmo's bed, holding his hand. She waited a bit longer, giving them some more time together. The blonde opened the glass door and walked in, greeting them with a smile. "My savior, I wondered when you would come and visit me."

"Well, I'm just here to check up on you to make sure that nothing went wrong." Courtney answered, before starting to check his vital signs and some other things and wrote them down in his chart. "Everything seems fine, but you won't be able to leave just yet. As doctor Bailey might have told you, one of the barbed wires had punctured your liver, but we caught it in time and stopped the bleeding. So, we'll need to monitor you to make sure that the bleeding has fully stopped. But aside from that, you will be able to leave the hospital in a few days."

"Thank you so much, doctor Grey." Wanda said, before the blonde exited the room and left the couple alone. Her shift ended rather soon after she had checked up on her patient. She went back home, needing the rest and quietness. However, when she entered her house, Izzie and George were sitting in the living room, rifling through various boxes which contained numerous videotapes of her mother's surgery. Courtney sighed, trying not to become angry.

She walked over to the two with her arms crossed over her chest, "You two can be happy that I'm too tired to yell at you guys. But, really? Don't you know boundaries? These tapes," Courtney picked one of them and waved it in front of their faces. "Are our mothers and ours. You can't just rifle through them without even asking us." They looked at her with their eyes slightly widened. She turned on her heels and walked away up the stairs to her bedroom. She flopped on her bed and closed her eyes. In the meantime, Meredith had come home and hadn't been too pleased with their roommates as well.

☤☤☤

Courtney was already down in the pit, looking around to see who needed help. Bailey had sent her group to the pit two days in a row to take care of the leftovers, the cyclists who were too drunk or too stupid or too scared to get themselves to a hospital the day before. The elevator doors went open, revealing Alex and Meredith. She smiled at her sister, before she went over to someone whose arm was bleeding. She stitched him up, when Meredith suddenly noticed Viper sitting in the waiting room. He looked ill and pale, making Meredith go over to him.

Courtney had finished stitching up one of the cyclists and glanced over at Meredith, "Isn't that Mer's patient? What's his name, oh, Viper, right?"

"Yeah, that's him. He probably crashed his bike again, but he's not my problem, blondie. I'm busy on real cases." Courtney rolled her eyes, before walking over to Meredith at the same time that Viper fell unconscious. Blood came out of his mouth and Courtney broke out into a run. Meredith yelled out his name, while Courtney arrived and lifted up his shirt. "Holy shit, Meredith. Look at this." His stitches had ripped open and started bleeding. The whole area was completely swollen and large like a very large bump. The Grey sisters shared a look of panic. Minutes later, Viper was on a gurney, while Meredith was sitting on top of him trying to hold his wound closed. Her sister was talking to a nurse, while Alex was standing there looking a little stunned.

"Call up to the O.R. and tell them we're coming. And page Dr. Bailey." Courtney asked a trauma nurse, who quickly moved off to do what the blonde had asked her to. "Alex let's go." The youngest Grey said, but he just stood there. "Alex! Snap out of it and help me to push the damn gurney!" He snapped into action and started helping her pushing the gurney out of the pit. "Clear the way. Coming through!" Courtney yelled as they ran through the halls.

"Somebody get the elevator!" Alex ordered and after someone had pushed the open button, they hurried into the elevator.

"Hurry. I don't know how long I can keep this wound closed." Meredith told them as the elevator door closed. They watched the numbers on the elevator tick up slowly. "Move faster, damn it!" The doors finally opened and the gurney was being wheeled into an O.R a bit later. The surgical team was prepping themselves including Doctor Bailey. Meredith was still straddling Viper and Bailey raised her eyebrows.

"Well, this is a new one. Somebody get her off my patient." Bailey asked as Meredith climbed down. "Ah Meredith, go get cleaned up and scrub in. Courtney, you can scrub in too, but Alex, get back downstairs.

"Yeah, but I helped."

"Helped? Yeah, they tell me down in the Pit that you only want to take the hot cases. In every pack of interns there's always one fool that's running around trying to show off and Alex, this time that fool is you. Get out." Alex stormed out with an angry look on his face. Courtney tried her best to not laugh, but a chuckle ended up escaping her lips. "Somebody get me something to stand on, lower this table. The mountain's going to have to come to me."

☤☤☤

Meredith opened the door to her house and entered with her sisters a few feet behind her. The surgery of Viper had gone well and he had made it. Bailey however she had lost her cool when talking to his friends, which was quite hilarious to see. The two sisters heard voices and saw that Cristina, Izzie and George were sitting on couches, pigging out and watching one of their mother's surgical tapes. They shared a look, "Oh okay, this is the best part. Watch. This is where she pulls a block of skin down over the face." Izzie commented. Then they noticed the sisters and George sat up quickly.

"We were –" He tried to explain, while searching for the remote. Meredith greeted them as George paused the video and placed his beer on a coaster. "... We were just ah ... Cristina made us." Cristina shot him a disapproving look, not believing that he ratted her out so quickly. Courtney smiled as she glanced at her fellow interns.

"What are we watching? Ooh," Meredith said as she placed herself between George and Izzie, while Courtney sat on the ground in front of the couch where Meredith sat. The youngest Grey grabbed the remote to un-pause it. "This is the one where my mother –"

"Literally pulls this guy's face off!"

"Yeah, pretty awesome, huh?" Courtney chimed in, while grabbing some popcorn. The five interns continued watching to tape and having a movie night, but instead of watching normal movies (like the Notebook, Back to the Future or Clueless), they were watching surgeries.

"Come on!"

"Augh!"

"Holy crap!"

  ☤☤☤  

Another new (for new readers. i want to say welcome and i hope you enjoy the ride) and edited (for older readers. hello as well and i hope you like the revamped story) chapter is here! i really love rewriting and editing the former chapters. This way you get to know Courtney even more and she becomes more real. Last time, i didn't feel that way, but now i do and i absolutely love it. i hope you guys do to. Courtney is such a more complex character now and a little bit more bad ass than last time. Her relationships with other characters (mostly alex) are more real as well. Now, we really get to see them grow and become closer as best friends. i love writing them (sometimes) bonding and (most of the time) butting heads and fighting a little bit.

So, what did you guys think of this chapter? Did you love it as much as i do? Do you like seeing a more Courtney centric story (probably, this is a stupid question, sorry guys)? Do you love Courtney even more? Please let me know, i love your reading your comments ♥

I will see you again on monday!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

527K 9K 62
" According to Greek Mythology, humans were originally created with four arms, four legs, and a head with two faces. Fearing their power, Zeus separa...
8.2K 445 11
𝚎𝚞𝚗𝚘𝚒𝚊 [𝚢𝚘𝚘-𝚗𝚘𝚢-𝚞𝚑] (𝚗.) 𝚊 𝚙𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚠𝚎𝚕𝚕-𝚋𝚊𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚍 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚍, 𝚊 𝚐𝚘𝚘𝚍 𝚜𝚙𝚒𝚛𝚒𝚝 ❝𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘮𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘱�...
814K 27.4K 37
- 𝐒𝐋𝐎𝐖 𝐔𝐏𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐒 - ❝ can you stop with the compliments? ❞ ❝ never. ❞ ❝ maybe dreams are meant to just stay as that, dreams. ❞ ❝ n...
29K 1.4K 36
When Meredith's health makes her move back to Seattle with her daughter she's up to new challenges. When Derek takes care of their daughter, Meredith...