Nerd Of The Year ( Published...

By MsBookAddict

Who is a nerd ?? A person who is a bookworm ? Someone who wears big glasses ?? A loner ??? Meet Neveah Gail H... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32-part 1
Chapter 32-part 2
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Epilogue
Bonus 1
Bonus 2
The Greatest Announcement Of All Time!!!
Bonus book.
Interview with a Magazine

Chapter 8

304K 7.6K 994
By MsBookAddict

New chapter

Exams are over.. feels so nice

This chappie dedicated to my dear friend as a bdae gift !!!!

***************************

Chapter 8

I was cleaning my room in the after school when the bell rang. I opened the door to see Melissa and the new guy standing on my doorstep.  

"What are you both doing here?"  

"Well, we were bored so we came to see you. " It was Melissa who answered.  

"You actually want be to believe that? And if you both were bored, I'm sure there are other ways of keeping you both busy without me."  

Georgy smiled at that. 

"True enough Neveah but I would rather prefer spending time with you than keeping myself occupied in other ways." By the time he said the last sentence, he brought his face very close to mine.  

"Was that supposed to be a pick up line?" Even Brian had better lines than his. He seriously needs to improve his womanising skills.  

"Uh, yeah." He looked flushed by now.

"It didn't work, at all. Try better ones next time."  

"Alright, enough of flirting. Let us in Nev." Melissa was huffing and puffing. Kidding!

"Jeleaous Mell?" I asked in a sweet tone, I didn't want her to feel ignored by the new boy since she and the rest of the girls in the school were raving about him all the morning.

"I'm not the one." 

"What?" What is with her and her weird statements? 

"Whatever. Come in." I invited them in.

The three of us settled in the living room on the couch. We were watching some stupid show when Georgy broke the silence.  

"Come on Nev, let's do something better." 

"What do you have in mind Georgy ?"  

"Georgy?" He didn't seem angry, just surprised.  

"Its better than the original."  

"Yaa you're right." 

"Back to the point people. What to do?"  

"Play a game. Truth and dare. " 

"Okay lets start. We can spin my pen."  

"You carry an pen Melissa?" I didn't mean to say it aloud but my traitor mouth doesn't stay shut. 

"Very funny Nev," she retorted.  

"Actually it is." It is funny, well atleast for me. 

After the first spin, the pen landed on Melissa's side.  

"Truth or dare?" I asked.  

"Truth." 

"Who is your favourite person?"  

I was Georgy who questioned. 

"Well she is in front of me." 

Me? Wow!  

I smiled at that. Well atleast someoen likes me. 

"Thanks Mell." She smiled back at me.  

"Oh God, so much love is making my eyes bleed. " And the moment was interrupted by Mr.Lawsin.  

"Shut up George." Melissa too didn't take the interruption well.  

The next turn was on Georgy. 

"What do you choose Georgy?" 

"Truth." 

"What do you think about Neveah?" Way to go Melissa.  

"She is rude, arrogant but hot. I like it. I like you but more like a sister." 

"Way to crush my ego Lawsin." I pretended to be hurt. "Damn my sensitive ego!"

"Lets get back to the game," Melissa urged. 

By playing truth and dare with them, I learnt a lot of things. I learnt that Melissa's favourite colour was Grey and not hot pink and that she actually liked science. Shocker! 

I also learnt that Georgy was the top of his school and that he was good in track.  Now I was danger of competition. I will have to watch out. We spent the whole time asking silly qeustions to each other. I got bored of trutg so I chose dare instead. Both of them were still deciding on the dare when the bell rang. I was getting up to open the door when Mellisa spoke. 

"Kiss the person on the door." 

Was she serious? 

"No way." 

"A dare us a dare Nev." Georgy added feul to the fire. No way was I kissing any stranger. I knew that it was not Ma or Brian since they had informed me that they would reach home ten in the night and it was only five.

I didn't reply just opened the door. Standing in fron of me was Easton Dale. Why was he here? That is when I saw the chemistry textbook in his hand. Oh yes the stupid project! 

That is when I also remembered the dare. Should I do it?

Okay, here goes nothing. I took a deep and prepared myself.  

I pulled down his head and pressed my lips to his. I kept my self pressed against him for five seconds when his arm encircled my waist and pulled me more into him. We kissed for almost a minute before i realised where I was and pulled back.  

He however had other plans. He pulled me back so that our lips brushed again. I squirmed in his arms till he set me free.  

"What the hell dude?" I shouted at him. 

"What do you meam by hell? I should be asking the question." 

I was about to reply to him when a voice was heard from inside. "Who's the lucky person Nev?" Georgy came out. To my surprise Easton face darkened than before. 

"What is going on here Neveah?" 

Before I could answer Georgy spoke again. "Nothing, me Nev And Mell were playing truth and dare. Nev was dared to kiss the person at the door. Luckily it wasn't her mother or any old guy." 

"This waa a stupid dare?" Again before I could answer, Melissa interrupted me. 

"Yup. All for the love of a dare. So what are you doing here?" 

"Project." And again before I could answer,Easton did it for me. I frowned. Why wre they answering for me? 

"Come in." 

"We'll leave Nev." Mellisa said while collecting her purse.  

"Okay. Have a nice day of whatever's left." She smiled and waved and I waved back. Goeorgy suprisingly came and hugged me. He lifted me off the ground and twirled. Hr set me back at the same place before backing off. 

"What was that?" 

"An unusual goodbye." He smiled and kissed my head before leaving. Wierd guy. I waited on the pirch while they were walking back I turned to see Easton staring at Georgy still standing in the same place as before. 

"Would you stop staring at his ass Easton?" 

"Can't help it Neveah." He was smirking, every trace of irritation from before vanished. 

"Come on in." I let him in and closed the door. 

"Let's get started," he said in a business like tone. "Never thought would live to see this day." I mumbled under my breath.  

"Said something Neveah?" he spoke as if he was trying to imply something. He turned behind and smirked at me which clearly showing that he had heard what I said which was practically impossible since human ear does not have such capabilities.

"Nothing Easton." We then got to work. For a guy who never listened during class, he had real good knowledge about chemistry.

"How come you know so many things?"

"Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't know." Now I was confused as to what he was speaking about. 

"You are absolutely wierd Easton." He smiled big when I said it. 
"I'm not sure that it was a compliment."

"It is the closest thing to a compliment I can get from you, so thank you." True anyway. "Okay, enough break time, back to studies. He smiled at that. He seemed so happy, free. Different from the guy I know and dislike. 

We discussed the project, sometimes in peace and sometimes with a lot of fights, mostly started by me. It was not my fault that we were polar opposites. Opposited attract is not true in this case.

The rest of the evening was spent in the same way. I was surprised that he did not complain or taunt me in any form. That was one great accomplishment for him!

It was almost eight in the evening and I gone for a long time without food. "Come on Easton, it is enough for today. I'm too hungry to think." I was hungry. I went in the kitchen to make something simple. If I was hungry then Easton must be starved.

"Hey," I called out to Easton who was still in the hall,"are you having something." I heard some shuffling and  a  moment later, he entered the kitchen. "Are you actually offering food."

"I am not a heartless creature like you Eugene." I answered and went to remove the dishes from the dishwasher.

"I am far from being heartless Nev." I heard a voice in my ear and arms wrap around my waist.

"What are you doing Easton?"

"What do you think I am doing Neveah?" His arms tightened around me. 

"Easton stop." My voice came out weaker than I intended it to be. What was happening over here?

"Do you want me to?" His voice had turned an octave lower. Even though some small irrational part of me didn't want him to stop, I turned back so that I was facing him.

Bad choice because his face was real close to mine. If anyone would enter the room now, they would think that we were a real couple. "You have exactly thirty seconds to remove you hands from my body before I put mine on your body and I mean it in a violent way." If he thinks that I will not hit him, he is sorely mistaken. 

Easton however seemed to find my words funny. He moved so that he was hugging me and his lips were near my ear. "I don't mind my hands on me babe, no matter how violent you turn. 

Looks like in the ongoing banter between us, I had not paid attention to my surroundings because just as I was about to hit the guy in front of, I heard a gasp.

I turned to the door to come face to face  to my dear wide-eyed mother.

I turened back to Easton to see him smirking at me.

Easton Dale, you are so screwed.

*****************************************

Last chapter was boring, even I admit it but this is really good. (atleast I feel so)

Thank you those who voted, commented and added my story to your library/reading list.

New cover again. 

Plz comment on this chapter. I would really like to know how you feel about the new Easton. 

Vote 

Comment

Fan 

Enjoy

SUPRAJA

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

132K 5.2K 23
Claire Reynolds is your average popular high school Senior. She is dating the captain of the football and basketball team, 'top dog' of Polk High Sc...
340K 9.2K 37
COMPLETED **First book in the Powerful But Broken Trilogy** I am Braelynn, the punching bag of my pack. I have been wanting to find my mate to take m...
4M 50.4K 11
Rose goes to Australia for her summer before senior year, she never thought she would meet a guy nor ever hook up with him, but she did and now shes...
421K 5.5K 11
High school, some people love it, some people hate it. Levi is someone who hates it. She has pretty excellent grades, a good amount a friends but sh...