Crash

By luv234_luv

Lyra Jay Kellie has just had the second worst day of her entire life. It's right up there at the top of the l... More

1: Annoying little Brat
2: Marcus
3: Help who?
4: Fish jerky
5: They'll be back right?
6: Two weeks later
7: Lyras valley
8: One Week
9: Paws off
10: What happened?
11: If I wasnt here, you'd be dead
12: It felt good
13: I'll live
14: I'm going crazy
15: Trophy over dinner
16: What are we doing?
17: Stupid gravity
18: It's just a little storm
19: A two year olds work
20: Life is a bitch
21: Missing my hunting partner
22: Night under the stars
23: Habits
24: Crush
25: Matt?
26: Too damn early
27: Teach me your ways Yoda
28: Mine
29: Wanna go elk hunting?
30: I look like Katniss
31: Happy Birthday!!
32: Oops
33: No worries, right?
34: Cabin fever
35: Evil fun
36: I hate winter
37: Tickle fight
38: Trapped
39: Star Map
Hey guys! Please read so you understand!
40: Maisha Mapya
41: She didn't plan on me
42: Whats up with you?
43: What are you, a rock?
44: Makin' faces
45: What the hell am I doing?
46: You promised
47: It's a no pants day
48: Moving day
49: Bad Luck or Something
50: Follow my finger
51: The Cabin in the Woods
52: Spring Cleaning
53: UCC
54: It's a hot one
55: Dirty Dancing
56: Clark
57: Lucy
58: Necessities
59: This happens a lot
60: Retirement
61: I know how he is
62: Two days time
63: We didnt know!
64: You touch her you die
65: My first Rodeo
66: My first Rodeo pt 2
67: Last day of you
68: Forget about it all
69: Just a few more days
70: Bring her back
71: Oh the irony
72: Damsel in distress
73: Do we have a deal?
74: Breached
75: Two shots
76: A lucky one
78: Goin' crazy
79: You had me at steak n' beer
80: I approve
81: I like galas
82: Black Beauty
83: I want one
84: Pictures and Memories
85: Epilogue
3/30/17 A/N: I'M BACK AND WILL BE EDITING FOR YOU!
Epilogue 2 (as requested)
3/23/18: New Book!
Wattys2018?

77: Who knew they were insane?

7.6K 342 41
By luv234_luv

Nathan-

They wouldn't let me in Lyra's room. I hadn't left the waiting room but Ally had just gone to get food or something like that. 

Immediate family only, they kept saying. But they were 'sorry' for the trauma. I took the doctor aside and explained to him what Lyra and I were to each other. He had laid a hand on my shoulder and said he was sorry, but it was protocol. "Maybe I can get you a waiting room close to her. I'll go see," He said before he left.

I tried to not be angry with him, it wasn't his fault. Then I had asked about visiting hours. Again, the nurse had said no because Lyra had not woken up yet.

When I asked why, they said her body had put itself into a shock coma. Apparently it was normal for people who had gone through severe trauma. The body did this so it could heal itself faster. I tried to understand it but all my mind was focused on was Lyra waking up. She could be out for a few more hours, few more days...or longer.

Mom had called earlier, desperately wanting to know what had happened. Jake had joined in and actually wanted to come straight down here. But I told him to stay because he had a family now and he was supposed to stay there with them. He reluctantly agreed.

Reporters wouldn't leave me alone at first. They all wanted to know what had happened to the shot hostage. All the details, they cried. After I punched one in the eye and smashed a camera against the wall, the hospital security got a hold of them all and banned them.

"Nathan?"

I stopped rubbing the bloodied bandages on my knuckles.

I looked up to see Ally holding a McDonald's bag and a stack of clothes. I raised an eyebrow and she sighed, "It's been a whole twenty four hours. You need to take a shower and eat something."

"Why do I need a shower? And I ate that muffin you brought me," I said, my voice tiredly dragging. 

"Because .....you have dried blood all over you and I brought you that muffin last night," She sat the bag down next to me and thrust the clothes into my hands.

A nurse walked up to us right then and smiled at me, "Sir, we have a room you two can use. Mr.Kellie doesn't wish to use the ICU family room, he wants to stay with the patient, so he said you guys can use it. You can shower and have dinner in there."

I stood up and nodded, fairly happy I was going to be closer to Lyra. Ally grabbed the bag and I clutched the clothes to my chest as we were taken to the ICU. Everything smelled awful in here. Like cleaner.

I almost couldn't take it as it gave me a headache. Outside a few doors, people were crying over their loved ones. The nurse looked at us, "I always hated this ward. It holds the most sadness."

She directed us to a room and I stood by the door, "Where's Lyra's room?"

"Uhm remember sir-"

"I know, I'm not allowed in it. I just want to know where she is," I interrupted with a small voice and Ally nudged me. Probably trying to tell me not to be rude, but I could care less right now.

"She's in room one ninety. Down the hall from here," The nurse sighed.

I just nodded and opened the door to our waiting room. It was pretty open. A cot sat on the ground, a tv was in a corner, a window made up a side of one wall.

"The shower is around this corner," The nurse said, probably staring at the handprint on my cheek.

I went ahead and stepped inside, taking off my bloody clothes and stepping into the very small hospital shower. I didn't take long. I changed into the clothes Ally had brought and went out into the room.

Ally was pulling another cot out of the small closet. The smell of greasy fast food hit my nose and made my mouth water. Though I didn't feel like eating much, I knew I hadn't eaten for a good twelve hours.

I rifled through the McDonald's bag and pulled out a Big Mac.

"Hey, that ones mine," Ally unfolded her cot and nudged it a few feet across the floor. I rolled my eyes and set her food on the little table.

I pulled out my own Big Mac and French fries. Looking around, I noticed something was missing. I looked over my shoulder at Ally, "Did you get drinks?"

"Oh, yeah." She mumbled and went over to her purse. She pulled out two bottles of Coca-Cola. I took one and looked quizzically at her.

"Why did you get bottles?"

"I forgot to order them at the window. So, I went to the cafeteria and got these," She shrugged and I nodded.

I sat on my cot and took a bite of the burger. Although it wasn't the healthiest thing for me, it still tasted good. The taste didn't really matter when I could barely get it down. 

We looked up when there was a knock on the door. A man in a lab coat stepped in and I assumed he was Lyra's Doctor.

"We don't really like that's she's been unconscious for nearly thirty hours. So, we're going to give her a little shot that will just give her a boost. We hope it will wake her up," He explained.

I set my burger aside, "How long do you think it'll be until she wakes up?"

"I'm not sure. She's still in critical care, we're monitoring her closely," The doctor said quietly.

Still in critical care...still in danger of dying.

"Does that mean she could still..." Ally asked, bringing my fear into the conversation.

"Unfortunately, yes. This has been a very traumatic experience for her body. We have everything stitched up but that doesn't mean she'll pull through just like that. I think she's strong though. She'll be alright," He said before heading back to the door, "Mr.Kellie said to inform you of everything, so that's the update, have a good evening."

I scooted back on the cot and leaned against the wall. Why Lyra? It's always her getting hurt. I should've never let her walk out of my house, away from me. I was supposed to be there, to protect her. Richard wouldn't have put a hand on her and I could've kept her from danger but....Even if I in the same room with her and I couldn't do that.

"Nathan?" Ally asked.

I don't bother looking at her. Why couldn't I have gotten shot? That should've been me.

"Nathan," Ally said, waving her hand at me. I glanced at her.

"She's going to be okay," She sat next to me, making the cot dip down a little.

"Yeah," I mumbled quietly.

"I bet that medicine will help."

"Mmhmm," I hummed, looking at the wall.

"Are you afraid?" She asked quietly.

"Terrified."

"Why? She's going to be fine."

"She can't die Al. I can't live without her," I chuckled emotionlessly, "I know it sounds stupid but..."

"No, it not stupid. I hate to say I told you so-but I told you so. You shouldn't have let her go," Ally murmured.

"I know. This is all my fault."

"Whoa, that's not what I meant, it's not your fault. Who knew Alexandra and her brother were insane? You didn't," She nudged my shoulder.

"But if I had gotten her to stay with me, she wouldn't have been in danger. I should've told David how much she means to me. I can't believe I let her walk out of that house," I said quietly, "I didn't protect her like I should've."

"Nathan, stop it. It's not your fault, you only wanted the best for her and it only went south because of that bitch."

I didn't say anything, only half agreeing with her.

--------

Lyra-

The last thing I remember was a loud noise and a flash of white, hot, blinding pain. I've never experienced anything in my life like that. Never experienced that kind of agonizing pain.

I tried I stay awake for Nathan. He kept saying things to keep me awake. But I had started I get light headed and the pain was awful until my body buzzed numbly. I was shaking and I didn't know why. My hand was covered in blood- I think it was mine. Black spots had evaded my vision and I could no longer see Nathan.

And then there was nothing. It was like I just floated for a little while. The pain eventually became a sharp pinch. I was in that very bright place again and it made me fearful. 

My mother smiled at me and held her arms out. I ran to her and hugged her tightly, "What happened?"

"Nothing to really worry about right now. I'm so proud of you sweetheart," She said quietly and kissed my forehead.

"Why? I didn't do anything," I giggled and pulled back far enough to look at her.

"You survived. You made it out. That meant everything to me," She smiled warmly.

"Well I'm too stubborn to give up," I chuckled.

"That is true," Mom agreed.

"I remember this place," I mumbled sadly, "Do I have to go with you now?"

Mom smiled her brilliant smile at me, "No baby not today. I just wanted to see you. You should wake up now, they're waiting."

She and everything else began to fade. I felt so exhausted that I didn't really bother calling out for her. My head swam at the moment. Everything was so fuzzy, I could barely think without getting dizzy.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

What the hell is that? Why do I feel so groggy?

Beep. Beep. Beep.

That's really fucking annoying. The constant, rhythmic beeping never seemed to stop and started to pull me out of my nice sleep. I was aware of the throbbing pain returning in my abdomen.

I was also aware of voices.

"Three days isn't really that long," A deeper voice said.

"It feels like it's been forever," A familiar voice said.

Dad. Dad is here. But there was one voice that I was dying to hear. I tried to open my eyes but they were really heavy for some reason.

"Well, thank you for your time," Dad mumbled.

"Of course. I'll be back in a few hours to check on her again," The other man said.

Someone took my left hand and sighed. I willed myself to stop being a wimp and wake up already. My heavy eyes flickered open and I was instantly blinded by a bright light right above me.

Who the hell puts a bright light right above a bed? That's just dumb. I'm going to sue.

I grumbled and blinked until my eyes adjusted. Looking over to my left, I saw dad asleep. He was holding my hand and had his head rested in his other hand, snoring away.

He looked very tired, with the dark bags under his eyes, and I actually contemplated finishing my nap so I could wake up later when he was more awake. I looked around, I was in a hospital room.

My movements were slow, like I was moving in tar. I felt tired and bruised. My other hand brushed something and I looked down. I was wearing a hospital gown. Pulling the edge aside, I was surprised to see wrap coating my side. I decided to definitely not pick at it.

I tried to sit up and yelped when a stinging pain shot through my abdomen. Dad almost fell off the side of the bed but sat up quickly, "Lyra?"

"Hi dad," My voice came out very crackly. I looked around for another person but he wasn't there.

Oh god, I was thirsty. My throat was on fire. I reached for the bottle of water beside dad. He leaned over and handed it to me. I chugged the whole thing and smiled at him.

"What happened? How come I'm here?" I asked.

"Lyra you were shot..." Dad said quietly, pressing a button on a little remote.

My eyes got wide, "What?"

"Alexandra accidentally shot you when she was shot. But we can explain all that later, I'm so glad your awake," He smiled tiredly.

"Well, me too but how long has it been?" I asked, carefully and slowly sitting up a little more.

"Three days," Dad said.

"Three days?!" I gasped.

He nodded and I looked around, "Dad, where's Nathan? He's okay, right?"

I'd never forgive myself if he was hurt...god, where is he?

The door opened and a man walked in, grinning at me, "Ah, so you're awake. Thank goodness. How're you feeling?"

"I'm fine. Where's Nathan?" I mumbled.

"Oh, he's in the family room. Only immediate family are allowed in here," The doctor said.

"Family room?" I muttered.

"Yes, look," He picked up the remote off the little wheely table and clicked a button, "This is a new installment. Patients in ICU can see their family if they aren't in the room. It keeps them calm."

I watched the little tv mounted on the wall. There was a room and someone was sitting on a cot. It was Nathan. He had his head in his hands and looked like someone had just ripped his heart out.

"I want to see him. Get Nathan. Go get Nathan," I said to dad hurriedly, desperately wanting Nathan to come in here and see that I'm okay.

"I'll go tell him," The doctor smiled and walked out the door. I watched the screen and a few seconds later, the door of the family room opened.

Nathan looked up at the doctor. I couldn't hear what they were saying, but Nathan jumped up and quite literally shoved the doctor out of the way, sprinting out the door.

-----------

Yooooooo! Yasss, I frigging love this omg. I hope y'all enjoy!

Vote, comment, share!

-KJ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86 0 13
The night sky fills with the burning embers and smoke. Faint screams and hatred fill the air as I watch as the heart of my suffering burn in beautifu...
2.3M 17.4K 8
Highest Ranking #1 adultthemes (01/05/19) #1 eroticromance (24/10/2019) #1 adultromance (26/06/2019) #1 sugardaddy (05/08/2019) #1 couple (16/08/2019...
195K 12.8K 56
After a brutal battle forever changes the swamp, Croc and Willow set out to fight the war. Season 2 of Toxic Nature ...
14.1K 1K 82
"This bounty is mine, Xander," He said. It was the first time I ever heard his name. Xander smirked, "Kill me first, then take her." He proposed arr...