Friends with Benefits (FwB) (...

By RitsuTainaka9

No commitments. When you want to talk we can talk. When you want to act as if you don't know me, I don't know... More

FwB (girlxgirl) HM
FwB Chapter 1: A Rough Week
FwB Chapter 2: Piano or Violin
FwB Chapter 3: Banana Pancakes
FwB Chapter 4: The Flower that Bloomed Surreptitiously
FwB Chapter 5: Sweet Moments
FwB Chapter 6: Plans and Affirmative Actions
FwB Chapter 7: Their Masks
FwB Chapter 8: Picking up the Pieces
FwB Chapter 9: Dinner at Lunaire
FwB Chapter 10: Inevitable Meeting
FwB Chapter 11: Promise
FwB Chapter 12: Their Haven
FwB Chapter 13: Just Another Manic Monday
FwB Chapter 14: Comprehensions
FwB Chapter 15: Day One
FwB Chapter 16: Doubts
Chapter 17: Father-Daughter Relationships
Chapter 18: Phone Conversations
Chapter 19: Touch
Chapter 20: Happiness
Chapter 21: Digging up the Past
Chapter 22: Just a Title
Chapter 23: Tying Some Loose Ends
Chapter 24: Planning, Meeting, Partying
Chapter 25: The Ol' Switcheroo

26: Epilogue

7.2K 166 69
By RitsuTainaka9

Sapphire eyes opened in the dark, trained directly at a clock hanging at the eastern wall.

11:08 PM.

She wondered briefly if her parents were asleep yet…and sighed. She knew their ground rules weren't to be trifled with, but it was Christmas Eve! And she knew they wouldn't celebrate it until tomorrow, but Christmas Day was less than an hour away and she was cold. Not because the room was cold—the housekeepers manage to keep it at the same 79.3 degrees she's always been accustomed to, but because her bed was big—huge! How was she able to sleep in this same bed and not remain lonely before?

Her eyes flittered up at the clock again.

11:10.

Annoyed, she turned to her back and stared aimlessly at the off white ceiling and the small chandelier that had been hanging there as far back as she can remember. Goose pimples prickled at her skin as she turned her face to a cool part of the pillow, turning this time all the way to her other side where the view of the balcony remained open.

She remembered when she was a little girl and Yui used to tell her scary stories about the balcony, but there was a blizzard outside and if anything right now, it looked heavenly to see the untouched snow kiss the paved grounds. The old ginkgo tree right outside her balcony looked heavily laden with snow as well, the thick, wild branches swaying every now and then as the wind picked up outside and the flakes gradually grew in size as well as frequency, making the environment seem so much brighter than a normal night was.

It would be easy enough to paint, she sussed, but to capture the actual picture was where the difficulty level lay.

Then, her ears picked up the sound of the doorknob twisting, causing her to sit up, and smirk at the intruder. She didn't expect for her brash tomboy to sit still and sleep in the other room the entire night, but as the door fully opened, her smile slid and she turned back to her side so that her back was towards the door with a huff.

"Oh Michiru-chan don't be like that," Shinji stated at the doorway, an exasperated smile on his handsome face.

She got up again, the blanket strewn to her lap.

"You asked us to come here for Christmas Eve fully knowing there was a blizzard so you can keep us stranded here in separate bedrooms," she said pointedly with a pout she hadn't realized had landed on her features.

The elder male Kaioh sighed and entered the dimly lit bedroom. Wearing dark blue striped pajamas, he made his way into her bed with what looked like cute grizzly bear slippers and sat at the edge of her bed.

"And I don't understand what you have to worry about either," Michiru stated, continuing her rant. "If you're trying to prevent us from having sex, we already did that…a half a year ago…And it's not like we'd desecrate your 'holy estate' and have sex here…the doors have no locks! I remember Onee-san even complaining about that…"

Shinji laughed at the memory of his eldest daughter stomping up to him when she had just reached her freshman year of high school, fully prepared to list out the pros with zero cons about why a lock was necessary for her bedroom door.

"Ahh, yes, I remember that…" he murmured, stroking his goatee as he looked up at the ceiling in fond memory.

"And I'm twenty six years old! Twenty seven in March—

"But you're still my little girl—

"Otou-saaaaan…"

He chuckled while brushing some loose locks back into the violinist's ears. Annoyed sapphires stared back at him and he could only grin.

"It's just one night," he said with a shrug. "You two aren't missing anything—

"If this house were to collapse tonight on all of us and I never get to see her again—

"Well aren't you glad I made sure something so freakish could never happen by building an estate with the best tools humanly possible?"

The aqua haired woman made a strangled sound and turned around, blanket pulled all the way over her head and Shinji's chuckle trailing after her.

Then a loud creak gathered both of their attention as a quiet, "Shimatta…" echoed to the doorway.

The elder male Kaioh's amusement doubled as a head full of sandy blonde hair leaned into the doorway, emeralds widening at the sight of the smaller woman's father before inching away again.

"Haruka!" Michiru called, getting out of her blanket as quickly as she could.

The tomboy came back sheepishly, hand scratching the back of her head while continuously dagger staring the floorboard that had given her away.

"Evening Haruka-chan," Shinji greeted, causing her to sweat drop at her spot underneath the doorway.

"Evening…Ji-san," she greeted back earning a smile from each Kaioh.

"Come Haruka," the violinist called again, arms spread open before her. Glaring at her father she continued, "Don't mind him. I can't sleep without you."

The young CEO chuckled at her spot, but looked imploringly at the owner of the household as well. He sighed.

"Fine…Fine!" he conceded, getting up from the foot of the bed and leaning over to kiss his daughter on the forehead. "Don't do anything I would do—

"Eww Otou-san!"

He laughed as he made his way out, but not before patting a still sheepish Haruka.

"Good night musume," he smiled, looking at the blonde as he did so and patting her on the shoulder before pushing her in softly and closing the door behind him.

Michiru pulled herself back into the warm sheets and smiled softly at the tomboy as the taller woman made her way across the room and slid in beside her.

"Miss you koi," the violinist whispered, pulling the blonde so that she was on top.

Dipping low to her, Haruka smiled and whispered back, "I miss you too," before their lips met in a soft, slow, and sensual kiss.

And as their bodies melded together perfectly under the blanket, the aqua haired woman knew she could sleep now. A twinkle of warmth spread itself below her tummy, but she would just have to push it away for tonight instead of invite it. But their kiss was growing deeper, and she knew Haruka wanted her as much as she wanted the other woman, pianist hands wandering over her camisole and rubbing over her nub.

"Haruka," she breathed, a little in warning and a little in hopes that she wouldn't stop, because the warmth in her belly had spread itself to her lower regions.

"I know," the blonde whispered back throatily, stopping the ministrations, but remained kissing her, sucking on the spots in her neck that she was now putting a lot of attention to.

The tomboy's strong hands enveloped her waist as the violinist's long legs surrounded the taller woman, grinding a bit because said tomboy was now focusing her attention on a certain spot in her collar bone, the constant licking and sucking forcing her eyes to close and her hips to buckle automatically.

And…the door opened.

Haruka burrowed herself deeper into the blanket sheepishly as Michiru laughed, partially in mirth, but moreover exasperation.

"Good night you two," Shina called from the doorway.

"Night Okaa-san,"

"Night…Ba-san…"

"Don't do anything—

"We know!"

"Didn't look like you did."

And the door closed once more.

The tomboy laughed. "You guys need locks…"

"Oh trust me, we've had this conversation before," the violinist sighed and pushed herself down more, cupping Haruka's cheeks as she did so.

"Love you, koi," she stated and pecked her in the lips before lying completely back down.

"Love you too," was the other's reply and soon the blonde was on her back, the smaller woman hugging her side with their legs fighting for dominance at the bottom and the blanket placed gingerly over their shoulders.

"You think we'll be able to leave tomorrow? I wouldn't want my mother to have a lonely Christmas," Haruka said quietly.

The aqua haired woman gave her a thoughtful look and a kiss on the cheek. "I hope so too. I'd like to see her as well."

O-----O

It's been two and a half months since the wedding and Jiro was busy…to say the least. First of all, the newlyweds appointed him Overseer of the Board of Directors while his father was promoted to third CEO of Kaioh-Miroku, the first of many tasks given to both of them being caring for the company while the two Kaiohs vacationed which took the better part of…a week. Apparently, neither one of them could leave for too long, but he was glad they had come back a the time because the work load tripled in their absence and he was fighting for time to even breathe let alone sleep.

But it was Christmas Day, with those days well in the past, and they had asked him for a favor once more, one he was more than willing to do because it would mean a reunion on everyone's part and a not-so-dull Christmas for him.

So with the dawn barely breaking over the horizon, Satoshi by his side, and a military Humvee at their disposal, their first pick up was Hikaru.

The weather was billowing snow all over the place and it seemed they were the only ones in the deserted roads, but Satoshi was used to any kind of weather and drove like a mad man through the empty streets, Jiro holding his breath as well as gripping anything in the larger than life vehicle as it sped down and drifted through a curb.

Fifteen minutes later and a glare at an old driver who could only smile at him serenely, he slammed the door to the Humvee and with shaky legs walked to the elevator.

Everyone had been told prior to this day that they would be spending Christmas at the Kaioh Estate. Many of them celebrated Christmas Eve more than the actual day due to the nonstop partying and counting down so it was lucky that they had either spent time with their family already, or like Jiro's family, were more than willing to spend it at the Kaiohs' house if only for the day. Yoshiko had agreed as well since she had wanted to spend it with Michiru as well as her daughter and it would be unfair to keep them both to herself for several hours with the weather turning out to be the craziest they've had in a while. It was thoroughly decided that the two lovers wouldn't know about the event because intrigues were fun in and of themselves and although Haruka and Michiru both made time for their families, it was never often enough, opting instead to stay holed in either one of their condos or the ever infamous beach house.

It would be good to see everyone in the same room again was Jiro thought as he smiled wistfully by himself. They hadn't really spent any time hanging since after the wedding, his schedule becoming hectic and all with the addition of the lovebirds (both the two ladies and the remarried couple) keeping to themselves.

The elevator ride took a half a minute and a knock later, a maid answered the door with a bow as well as a blush ridden face. All around the house, echoes of:

"Oh don't stop!" and

"Yeah! Who's your daddy?!"

Caused onyx eyes to widen and for him to step back in horror.

"Would…you like me to tell—

"No!" he almost yelled, shaking his head. "I would…not bestow that kind of cruelty to anyone…"

"Would you like to come in then?" the maid asked sheepishly, the redness in her face growing to a tomato color. "I think…they may be done…soon…"

And as she stuttered that, a loud yell echoed all over the suite followed by a victory woot.

"Oh gross!" Jiro grunted, bowing to the maid surly and making his way inside.

Hikaru appeared about five minutes later in that same pink, silky bathrobe Haruka had seen her in before and gave her guest who was dagger staring her a smirk.

"Jiro! Sorry to keep you waiting," she said slyly, putting up her blonde hair as she did so while wagging her eyebrows.

"Twenty minutes! Be down there or Satoshi-san and I are leaving…" Jiro yelled, rubbing his eyes in exasperation as he got up.

"You're just jealous cuz everyone's having sex and you're not…" the small woman retorted, stuck her tongue out for good measure, and left to go to her bedroom again.

Sighing, the red haired man bowed a final time to the still embarrassed maid, went downstairs, and thirty five minutes later (Hikaru makes anyone, except Haruka wait for her because only the tomboy would actually leave when she says she would), all three of them headed out of the strawberry blonde woman's condo tower and headed off to an apartment complex deep inside the more suburban part of West Tokyo.

The ride took the better part of twenty more minutes, the Humvee stopping in front of a three story brick apartment with metallic, black stairs protruding outside the building's structure securely.

Both Jiro and Hikaru got out of the huge vehicle this time. Taking the steps three at a time, they took cover inside their thick coats from the insolent blizzard and went on up.

"Rai needs a better apartment…" the tall man grunted, frowning at the puffs of smoke coming out from his labored breathing.

"Well sorry if she's not a trillionaire like you Jiro," Hikaru retorted, rolling her eyes, but keeping her coat tightly close to her body anyway.

Two minutes later, the pair knocked on the door and a strikingly hot and rather…underdressed woman answered it momentarily.

Onyx eyes widened to a fault, the brunette girl in her mid twenties wearing nothing more than a camisole and white panties looking at him questioningly.

"Jiro…stop ogling…" Hikaru chastised beside him, giving the girl a kind smile. "Rai-san here?"

Her inquiring look turned into a knowledgeable one as she turned around and yelled, "Keiko! Someone's at the door for you!"

The raven haired woman took only a minute and then after seeing the two of them at her door, gave a one minute salute before leaving again.

"Hurry up, it's freezing out here!" Jiro yelled after her, causing the girl at the door to chuckle a bit.

All three of them stood in a sort of uncomfortable silence for a bit before a little clearing of the throat from the strawberry blonde haired woman gathered everyone's flittering attention.

"You're Rai-san's…" Hikaru trailed off, looking at the young girl questioningly.

"Girlfriend," she answered with a nod.

The tall man looked a little disappointed, but asked nonetheless, "Will you be joining us today?"

She smirked. "Spending the day with my family…Can't be gone the entire day…unfortunately."

Keiko reappeared behind her and they shared a small kiss before a wave of goodbye.

"Am I gonna see you tonight?" the raven haired woman asked as she joined the strawberry blonde haired woman and onyx eyed man and began making her way down with them leading the way. .

She was given an unsure look. "I'll try to get out."

As they made their way to the Humvee, the purple eyed woman gave a long drawn out sigh making Jiro and Hikaru look at her in concern.

"What's up with you?" Hikaru asked. "Yummy girlfriend by the way."

Keiko smirked and then sighed, leaning her body back into the warm leather seats. She looked as if she was going to say something, and then with a small shake of the head, just looked out of the window towards her apartment complex.

"Not out?"

"Not even close," the raven haired woman answered under her breath.

"How long?"

"Two years…"

Onyx eyes widened from the front seat as he turned back to the two talking women. "Why not?"

"Her parents are the biggest Catholics alive…it's not even funny."

"So wait…you were trying to break up Haruka-san and Michiru while dating a girl?"

Purple eyes rolled at the exasperated words of the tall man.

"I was being paid for it doof. Although for a bit there, Haruka did look extremely…yeah…wow…"

Hikaru laughed as Jiro gave a disgusted look.

"Mhmm, she is good…Michiru's lucky…"

"Is she really good in bed?" Keiko asked, the tall man in the background making gagging noises. "Cuz well…the last time I was even close to naked with her in the same room was when she dumped me, but before that she was just…ngeh…Nooby…"

The strawberry blonde's laughter continued. "Oh trust me…she's…wow…I don't know how she got better…but yeah…I envy Michiru…a lot…"

"Will you two stop??!!" Jiro yelled, Satoshi chuckling beside him as the car rolled back into the main roads going faster than the legal speed limit and forcing the red haired man to grip a nearby handlebar again. "It's weird enough that you're both talking about her sex life, but neither of you is her girlfriend either!"

Caramel and purple eyes rolled simultaneously at his small exclamation.

"You'll understand when you actually stop to smell the roses and get a girlfriend Sugiura," Keiko retorted icily, making the girl next to her nod in agreement.

"Seriously though, your sex life is so stagnant…" the caramel eyed girl stated. "Why don't you have a girlfriend yet?"

"A big promotion trumps a girlfriend—

"You're married to your job…"

"Hey, my job's sexy…Lay off it."

"You get hard thinking about tea all day?"

Satoshi gave a brief laugh at the driver's seat again making Jiro narrow his eyes at him if only for a second.

"Or maybe that little lap dance Haruka and I supplied for you, which is the only action you've received for years, turned you."

"What?!"

Both girls laughed in the background as onyx eyes widened in proclaimed anger.

"I am not gay!"

"Hey there's nothing wrong with it," Keiko quipped. "I mean, if I was straight and the first girl I was supposed to marry would rather kill herself than walk down the aisle with me and the second one turned gay at even the prospect of it…well…I would give up on life period."

"I miss Haruka-san. You guys suck."

Laughter ensued in the Humvee as it sped down a residential neighborhood, the buildings making way to normal looking houses and an obviously large one everyone could see from the car.

"Oh…let's switch by the way…I shouldn't sit in the middle…" Keiko stated, turning to Hikaru.

She gave her a questioning look. "Why not?"

"Last time I was in the same room with Yoshiko Oba-san, which…I should revert back to calling Tenoh-san, she wanted to kill me for cheating on her daughter…Please…let's switch."

Jiro gave a malicious grin from the front. "Serves you right for being a grade A asshole."

"Hey! I've grown more mature since college alright. I'm pretty sure you've evolved from your asinine personality as well," the raven haired woman huffed.

"Tch…"

"Yeah, we can switch," Hikaru nodded.

Fifteen minutes and a near accidental crash against a telephone pole, according to the tall man, later, Jiro walked out of the Humvee again with shaky legs and greeted the guard standing in front of the Tenoh Estate. They were let in at the front gate so the household knew of their arrival and not a minute later, Yoshiko came out wearing a fur coat suited for the weather with plaid pants going down to her stiletto boots and a business casual blouse inside.

"Good morning Tenoh-san," Jiro greeted with a low bow, causing the elder female Tenoh to smile at him and hold his arm.

"Help me down the stairs, Sugiura-kun," she stated. "These boots go fabulously well with the outfit, but I doubt anything that looks so nice is fitting for the weather."

The tall man laughed and nodded.

A couple minutes later, they arrived at the Humvee and were seated properly, Jiro at the back and Yoshiko at the front sitting alongside Satoshi. As they began rolling out, she turned and gave each of them a smile, stopping at Keiko last and after giving her one that seemed more frozen than anything, turned back around.

Then, it was silent.

The elder female Tenoh's presence in the car seemed to give everything a serious air and no one suspected it, but Satoshi began speaking.

"How's your company Tenoh-san?"

She smiled up at him and looked back into the streets, the driving slowed for her sake.

"Very good right now," she replied. "The whole company's taking the week off…We can afford to give paid time off if only for this winter break. It seems more familial recently, probably because of the holidays, and I'm sure the Board as well as Haruka-chan appreciated getting out of the company after the hectic deals we've been accepting."

"Nh," the driver nodded. "I'm sure Lantern didn't see Kaioh-Miroku's backing out of their umbrella coming. That must've been a heavy blow on their part."

The elder female Tenoh nodded. "Yes, Richie Fields-san was furious. Even more-so now since Shina-san and Shinji-san are thinking of expanding to one more corporate building and they're debating on going under my company for the project. It would be nice to gloat."

"It's no debate Tenoh-san," Jiro added, making their attention flitter to him. "Oba-san and Oji-san are just waiting it out so the backing out doesn't look deliberate."

She chuckled, shaking her head as she did so. "I'll be sure to tell them that the paperwork is ready in the office and is just waiting for a signature."

He gave a small laugh as her attention dwindled to Hikaru who sat a little straighter at the piercing emeralds suddenly placed on her.

"I don't believe we spoke much at the wedding," Yoshiko greeted. "You are…?"

"Shou Hikaru," the strawberry blonde haired woman answered with a grin. "Haruka's one night stand…"

"Oh my God…That's not something you should be saying to her mom!" the onyx eyed man exclaimed.

"What?! I'm pretty sure Tenoh-san of all people knows her daughter's a playboy!"

"Still! If your father knew just how crazy you are, he wouldn't even think twice about your share of his inheritance…"

"Thank God for a pair of older brothers who get to shoulder the work while I lounge around town and do as I please then," she smirked, her tongue darting out playfully once more.

"Hopeless!" Jiro grunted.

"And you're sexless, but I'm pretty sure we've gone through this before…"

They both glared at each other challengingly as emeralds drifted on to purple eyes, the latter widening a bit before looking away.

"Rai Keiko-chan," she greeted, her words not sounding much like a greeting to anyone's ears. "How are you?"

"Good…Tenoh-san," she said lowly.

It was the quietest the two beside her had ever heard her talk.

"You know, I wanted to talk to you during the wedding," Yoshiko continued, her voice thick with a silent air of nonchalance. "But…it really felt as if you were ignoring me…"

"No! I…wasn't…"

"I called on you at least three times and you feigned deafness for each one. Then for the second half of the reception, you were just…gone…"

"I was in the back…In the pond where everyone was."

"I see…So you don't mind talking to me then."

"No…not at all."

"Good. Because I have some things I wanted to say to you," she said with a heavy smile, which caused everyone in the back seat to sit just a little straighter. "I—

"I'm sorry Tenoh-san, I really am. I…I know what I did was despicable…to say the least…and I can't say that I didn't know what I was doing at the time because…I…did…But I really didn't…" Keiko trailed off helplessly, her gulping imminent to everyone in the car. "I'm sorry. There's nothing more I can say than that…"

"Well…it took a long time, but it was the only thing I was waiting for," Yoshiko stated with a frown. "The only real question I have is…have you apologized to my daughter for what you've done? Because as much as it hurt me to see her come back from college looking even more hopeless than she did going in, I'm pretty sure she was torn inside much more than she showed outwardly."

The raven haired woman gulped again. "I'll be sure to speak with her…"

"I would appreciate it Keiko-chan. I'm sure she would too. Even though it's all water under the bridge now, some closure is always good…and one cannot make too many friends."

Keiko nodded, looking like a chastised child.

O-----O

"Weather isn't letting up…" Haruka grunted, looking out of the huge windows in the living room as she perked herself up on the sill.

Michiru walked behind her and engulfed her in a hug. "Have you tried calling Okaa-san?"

The blonde smiled at the easily given term by her girlfriend to her mother, but shook her head.

"I'm pretty sure she's gone from the Estate…No one's answering which means…everyone's gone. She probably gave them the day off. Where would she go though?"

Michiru frowned in thought and kissed her on the temple. "It's alright. Wait for her phone call. It may be too early."

Haruka looked at the grandfather clock situated near one of the walls and sighed. It was already nine…her mother would've woken by now.

"Michiru-chan! Haruka-chan!"

They both turned towards the noise made by Shina from the kitchen. With another sigh and a rub on the blonde's back, they made their way towards the kitchen, emeralds and sapphires widening just a bit at the amount of uncooked food filling up the island.

"Okaa-san?"

Shina stood in the middle of it all, gray eyes widened to a fault.

"I gave all the maids and guards the day off…but well…now we don't have anyone to cook our Christmas Day meal…"

The tomboy laughed loudly where she stood, followed by a nicer, quieter one from the aqua haired woman.

"It's not funny…" the elder female Kaioh muttered. "Maybe…we should just order take out…"

"No! Ba-san…I'll cook. It's just the four of us anyway. I don't think we'll need the ham, turkey, stuff—

"Oba-san! Oji-san! We're here!"

Jiro's voice filtered from the suddenly opened the door.

They all turned to the entryway as Shina smiled sheepishly.

"It won't be just the four of us…"

Hikaru, Keiko, Jiro, and Yoshiko walked into the living room shaking off the snow gathered on their coats and heavy boots.

"Kaa-san!!"

Haruka was like a little kid all of the sudden, running through the living room and engulfing her mother into a hug, Yoshiko grinning and kissing her on her cheek as she did so.

"Merry Christmas aka-chan," the elder female Tenoh greeted just in time for Shinji to come down and welcome everyone else.

"Satoshi-san and I are going to pick up the Chen's. I just wanted to let you know that I just spoke to my father, Oji-san," Jiro stated with a bow. "They're coming around lunch time."

"Good," the aqua haired man grinned. "Cuz we don't have food yet."

"Let's go aka-chan. I'm sure Shina-san can't be trusted alone in the kitchen."

"I heard that!"

"I'll help too," Michiru added, giving everyone a hug and a kiss on the cheek for Haruka's mother. "Morning Okaa-san."

"Morning musume. I hope our little intrigue sufficed."

"Much better than the Christmas Haruka and I were planning," the violinist smiled. "Is the weather outside as hectic as it looks?"

"Worse…"

"Your driver's insane Michiru…" Jiro added, before waving to everyone boyishly and leaving again.

"He was drifting the Humvee through the downhill curves in the residential areas. Sugiura pissed his pants…" Keiko stated with a sadistic smile.

"Maybe I should join them…" Shinji grunted. "I feel the estrogen surging through the household already…"

"You can help cook too Ji-san," the tomboy offered. "We need a lotta hands to make enough for…how many people are coming…exactly?"

"Oh…which reminds me! The Shichikos called. They decided to cut their Korea trip for a couple days and are coming over later," the elder male Kaioh stated. "This place is going to be the busiest I've ever seen it."

"A busy Christmas is a good one," Haruka shrugged. "Come on. Boil some potatoes. Then we can both up the testosterone by smashing 'em to bits."

"Can always depend on you Haruka-chan."

O-----O

It looked like it was going to be a pretty Western meal. Four hours of labor later and everyone was just waiting for the ham to cook before they could start a real lunch. The Shichikos arrived during hour two, Satoshi, Jiro and the Chens at hour one.

Lounging around the living room and opening presents that the Kaiohs stashed upstairs, it was funny how simple all the gifts were.

"Ha…ruka-san…"

The blonde looked up from opening her gift from Michiru, a pair of trainers she would probably have to save til Spring.

"What's up?"

"What…is this?"

Everyone's attention swerved to Jiro's opened present: a bunch of small business cards wrapped together with a rubber band.

The tomboy's laughter suddenly filled the room. Getting up from her spot in the loveseat beside Michiru, she sidled up on the floor next to Jiro and grabbed it from him.

"This…," she explained, "is my little black book in card form stash."

Keiko and Hikaru laughed with Michiru in her seat sighing a little, an exasperated, but beautiful smile in her features.

Jiro could only gape at the tomboy.

"You…kept the calling cards all the girls you've slept with?!"

All eyes widened at the proclamation.

Young emeralds rolled. "Of course not…That's at least two hundred calling cards…I toss any I get in a designated cabinet in my condo…You can even find Shou's calling card in there I think…although you already have her number. But! You know that redhead I was talking about?"

"Oh…my God…"

"Yeah!" Haruka exclaimed. "I put her calling card at the very top." She leaned over his shoulder to gaze at the red colored name and number on the back of the card. "Kanoshi Sonomi. You should give her a call. Tell her you're a friend of mine—

"Oh you're so damn full of it!"

The blonde laughed, wrapped her arm around his neck and put him in a head lock. Laughter filled the room at the two's actions as the young CEO kept the headlock in place while Jiro flailed about.

"Interesting…"

And suddenly, it felt as if the air was sucked out of the room. Everyone's attention swerved to the doorway of the living room where Kei and another maid were standing, looking over the scene with what looked like a blank look in his olden features.

"Otou-sama…" Shinji stood up and walked to him, bowing as he stood before him.

"Merry Chistmas," the olden male Kaioh greeted, a stern smile on his face.

Shina started getting up as well, but he motioned for her to stay seated.

"Have you had lunch already?" he asked.

He received a unanimous shake of the head.

"No food? Gave the maids the day off?"

"Waiting for the ham," Shinji answered.

"Should be done by now," Haruka added, getting up from the floor and helping Jiro up when she did. "Come help. Let's set the table up so we can all eat."

"Leave it to them," Kei said stopping her actions. "I want to talk."

A collective gulp filled the room until Shinji cleared his throat.

"There's a lot to put on the table. It'll need more than me and Jiro-kun to put it all out," the aqua haired man stated.

Everyone got up without another word, Michiru hugging the blonde before leaving and her mother patting her in the shoulder before following everyone else. Sooner than the tomboy wanted, they were left alone and she kind of wondered how she was able to go to Kei the last time they spoke properly and not feel as hesitant as she did now.

In the past couple months she's gotten much closer to the violinist's family save for the man standing before her. She never asked about him either, thinking it was more of a sore subject to everyone involved than anything.

He looked better now though. His face wasn't as pale as she saw him before, nor as tired. His cane was missing now too.

"Sit," he instructed, setting himself where Michiru and the blonde sat down before.

Haruka nodded before doing so.

The elder male Kaioh still hadn't had a change of face which unnerved the tomboy even more.

Sighing, she gave a small smile and asked, "So what can I do for you Kaioh-san?"

He chuckled a bit making her emeralds widen if only a little.

"I…wanted to answer a few of your questions."

Her questioning look deepened.

Looking away, Kei breathed loudly, but it wasn't due to his shortness of breath or heart condition. He just seemed tired.

"Yes, I do remember my wedding day," he started, graying eyebrows stitching in thought and conflict. "I remember it being a sordid affair. Chiyo Aiko…the daughter of another tea opportunist tycoon was very beautiful in her wedding dress to everyone's eyes, but mine. All I could think of was that I resented my father and mother for putting me through it and the animosity didn't die. It still hasn't…To tell you the truth…what I remember the most about it was my surly disposition at the time. I was so mad…that when the priest asked if I was willing to do all those vows…I just kind of smirked…and said, 'Sure…as badly as my parents want me to.'"

Emeralds widened making him laugh a little.

"You weren't the only rebel growing up," he smirked. Then his eyes dimmed a little as if looking back once more. "Yes, I do wonder…everyday…what my life would be like if I were to be with whom I wanted to be with from the very beginning." His tone softened even more-so, the depths and sadness reverberating not only in his pitch, but his body language as well. "It goes in the list of the biggest regrets I have…If I hadn't obeyed my father…I would be…so much happier. Probably have something akin to what you and my granddaughter have."

He sighed, his glance falling on the expensive Persian rug on the floor. "But even though I don't consider myself much of a family man…I don't regret some of it because Shinji got to be born because of it and he got to be happy in the end…even though as you said, everyone's turned into their father's father in the process and a lot of pain had to be endured to evolve through it.

"I know what regret feels like. It's become my best friend for so many years. When I realized even the remotest of possibilities that Michiru-chan was different…I was angry enough to strike. And once again…you're right because it does scare me that something superficial affects someone like me who will…probably die in a matter of several years and then it wouldn't matter anyway."

Aged sapphires connected with conflicted emeralds, the depths of the former orbs growing deeper in sadness the longer they sat in the sofa.

"As you can tell…I have given a lot of thought to your questions. The day before the wedding you left me feeling vulnerable up until that night when my anger came back and I resented you even more. And then the wedding day came…and left…and the only reason I chose not to object was because of your influential words…You say you're not influential…but you really are.

"The sentence 'You've become like your father's father' kept buzzing in my head…and I knew…that if I were to stop it…it would lead to even more regrets. Regret that I couldn't do the right thing when the opportunity presented itself once more in my life…Regret that Shinji had become more mature than I've ever seen him, yet unaccepting of the fact…And regret that…everyone is happy…and I could be too…but for some reason…I have this useless piece of my personality called pride that I just couldn't let go.

"But it's Christmas Day…and if there was a perfect day for bygones be bygones and apologies…this would be it.'

He sighed and shrugged.

"You're a woman. Michiru-chan's a woman. I'm still trying to understand it…but as long as it's not flaunted in my face…I will learn to accept…and I hope that that is enough for you…for now."

Emeralds warmed as a handsome smile landed on Haruka's face. She nodded.

"That's…more than enough. Thank you."

He gave her a small pat on the lap. "Thank you. I'm glad my granddaughter was able to break the 'Kaioh Curse'. I doubt she could've done it without you."

"Otou-sama, Haruka-chan, everyone's waiting for you," Shinji called from the doorway.

"Nh, we're done," Kei answered, getting up from his seat and smiling over to his son who gave a sheepish smile back.

"It's good to see you…Otou-san."

The eldest male Kaioh shrugged. "The blizzard almost didn't let me through…but waiting another day wasn't a smart idea."

Shinji's smile widened as the three of them made their way to the dining room.

Sharing a little smile with Michiru, the blonde sat herself in the middle between the violinist and her mother, joined in a chorus of, "Itadakimasu" and dug in.

O-----O

The kids decided to play in the snow after their big meal and a bit of socializing while the elderly bunch stayed indoors and drank tea or in the women's case, played mahjong.

Squeals of laughter drifted through the windows, cracked open for a bit of ventilation as yells of:

"Haruka stop!!!" and "You better run!" rang out as well.

"Wait!! Stop!!" Jiro yelled over the noise, making all of them stop for a second and giving Haruka the right opportunity to peg him in the face. A dagger stare and more laughter later, he continued, "Let's play…hide and seek…or in this case…hide and peg—

"You're making stuff up…"

"Of course I'm making stuff up…But we haven't been kids for a while and…growing up sucks…"

"Especially for you…you're the oldest out of all of us!"

"Haruka, be nice."

"I'll be pegger…just to get the ball rolling…and cuz I wanna smash you in the face!"

Haruka and Jiro stared at each other challengingly as onyx eyes closed.

"You have til one hundred. One, two…"

They all scattered, Michiru waving to Haruka as she went the opposite way. Running to the backyard, the blonde inspected some huge statues before frowning at them and heading farther back in the spacious yard. Jiro's counting echoed in her ears yards upon yards away and finally, she saw solace behind a rhododendron bush, gathered some snow around the general area and began making a pile for herself. A couple seconds later, a sound popped in her left causing her to throw a snowball in that direction on reflex.

"Oww!!"

Okay, Jiro doesn't sound that girly…

"Rai??"

Keiko came up to her right, purples eyes widening at Jiro's direction and diving into the bush as well, sprawled next to the blonde.

"Shh he's coming!" she hissed, getting herself up and helped pack snowballs after.

A minute later and all was quiet, the snowflakes continuously showering the enormous backyard and the figure of the red haired man stomping away from them. Haruka hadn't realized she and her ex were squatting so close until a familiar smell drifted to her nose.

She glanced at the raven haired woman and scrunched her nose.

Purple eyes looked at her questioningly.

"What?"

"Mystery."

Keiko gave her an even deeper look of askance.

"What're you talking about?"

"Your perfume," Haruka answered, looking away from her now. "It's Mystery. It's the same one you wore when we were still going out."

The wedding planner's look turned to surprise. "You remember that?"

She nodded noncommittally, looking back through the thick leaves once more for any sign of the red haired man. "You always used to bathe in it, so I remember it very vividly."

Keiko gave a low chuckle, eyeing her in astonishment. Feeling the attention on her and the fact that it was not ceasing, the tomboy turned to her once more, this time her features one of askance as well.

"What?"

"I'm sorry."

It was quiet again, the wedding planner's apology permeating between them.

"For what?"

"For hurting you…leading you on…everything."

She…wasn't expecting that…

Haruka swallowed. "You…don't have to be…"

"Yeah…I do." Keiko looked away. "I remember thinking it was the funniest thing I've ever done…But then we both left college and I grew up…and I learned that I was wrong…and I'm just…sorry. When we met again, me being a wedding planner…with a little side job…I forgot that I was sorry partially because I had a job to do…and I wasn't supposed to be sorry to you…so I apologize for that too. I just—

"Rai…"

She stopped her train of thought to gaze into sparkling emeralds.

"What?"

"Don't get mushy on me…It feels weird…like…you're hitting on me…and we're in the same bush so…"

Keiko smiled and sighed exasperatedly. "Well I just heard from Hikaru-san that you were the best person she's ever had in bed…and I was curious so—

"That's more like it!"

They laughed at her proclamation, Haruka patting her in the back after their amusement died down.

"Thank you. Sorry I wasn't enough for you back then."

The raven haired woman sighed. "Oh well…it's better now…Least I got to teach you some—

"Oh please…"

"Aha!"

A scream of a declaration later, Haruka and Keiko were both peeling snow off their faces, a maniacally laughing Jiro beside himself five feet from them.

Haruka sighed, dagger staring at her ex girlfriend.

"You gave us up…"

"What are you talking about?! You were talking so loud!"

"Your footprints gave us away!"

Purple eyes rolled.

"Whatever…no I didn't…"

"Stop dawdling and help me find Hikaru-san and Michiru," Jiro stated and began moving away again.

Three minutes later and they found Hikaru inside the greenhouse. Fifteen seconds after finding her, she was literally bathed in snowballs, her caramel eyes staring at them accusingly. But the violinist was another story. They couldn't find her…at all…

"It's her house…it makes sense…" Keiko replied, looking into another bush. "And the snow's so thick any footprint traces would be gone by now…"

"Michiru!!" Hikaru called, yelling through her gloves.

"Maybe she already went in?" Jiro asked.

But Haruka only shook her head. "She's the type to always play by the rules…" she grunted. "Koi!! I love you!! You have to answer back if you love me too!"

The group laughed as air only greeted her.

"Well that was fruitless…"

"Shh," the blonde shushed, pulling her cell phone out. "I'm freezing so I'm gonna cheat."

"Oh my god…you're calling her?!" the onyx eyed man exclaimed.

The tomboy smirked, going down her call log.

No one noticed a statue situated behind them begin moving, Michiru's head popping out of the ground with a victorious smirk. Four packed snowballs later, her phone rang causing all four of them to turn around to the direction of her ringing phone and just in time for snowballs to fly at each of them.

"Awww!!" Jiro whined, pouting at the hidden cellar underneath the statue. "That's cheating!"

Sapphires rolled. "How can it be cheating?"

"It's inside the cellar so technically you're inside the house!" the onyx eyed man exclaimed.

"It's situated in the backyard, therefore it's not a part of the house," Michiru stated cheekily. "And I love you too by the way koi."

She gave them all a smug look before turning around, Haruka grinning at her and sprinting towards her before tackling her softly to the snowy ground below. It crunched effectively as they made their way down, the tomboy making sure her actions were gentle enough to not merit any pain on the smaller woman, but playful enough at the same time.

"Haruka!!"

"So cheeky!!" the blonde mocked, fingers poking the violinist's sides while her nose nuzzled her neck underneath the scarf.

She laughed loudly, arms pulling and pushing the tomboy all at the same time while the three onlookers could only roll their eyes.

"Oh stop it you two…" Keiko grunted. "You're making me miss my girlfriend damn it!"

"Yeah…I should've invited someone in my calling list…" the caramel eyed girl pouted.

Jiro could only sigh, Michiru's heavenly laughter filling the otherwise silent air.

"Kids!!" Shinji suddenly yelled from the backdoor, grabbing all of their attention. "There's some wine, tea, coffee, cocoa, and the Christmas cake! Let's…Haruka-chan! Michiru-chan! You're desecrating holy grounds!"

The young CEO laughed, getting up from their otherwise questionable position and helping her lover up.

"Oh thank god," Keiko grunted. "No more PDA's from either of you! I'm disgusted as much as I am envious…"

All four went back in the house laughing and shaking off excess snow from their boots and clothes.

Ten minutes later, they were all seated around the living room again, some type of beverage in each hand as well as a slice of the Christmas cake Shinji had sliced for everyone.

The elder male Kaioh stood up from his seat next to his wife and cleared his throat, his wine glass high up in the air. Everyone quieted down, their attention solely on the seemingly glowing man.

"Cheers," he stated with a smile, "To friends who were able to make it today. For family who went out of their way against this snowstorm. For the future that's looking brighter than ever and…for the little bundle of joy Shina and I are expecting this coming August. Cheers!"

Everyone's mouth fell in surprise, the married couple's smile growing larger by the minute.

"Y…you're…pregnant?" Michiru asked, eyeing both of them simultaneously.

Her mother blushed. "Apparently it's not too late…" she said funnily. "I'm two months in."

More mouths fell.

Then, Haruka shook out of her stupor, raised her glass, and smiled. "Cheers…but I feel sorry for Jiro-kun. If…it turns out to be a girl, he'll have to wait til she's at least sixteen to be legal which by that time he'd be…sixty…, try to marry her 'cuz it's customary for him to have to marry Ji-san and Ba-san's offspring, and then get dumped again before reaching the altar, probably because of his questionable bedding skills."

"Screw you!"

~END!~

AN: Japanese terms: musume is daughter. That's about it I suppose.

Just ask me about the japanese terms you don't understand. ^_^

ohh and thanks for reading! ^_^v

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.1K 2.2K 15
"What happened?" Nat's voice was so low Wanda could hardly hear what she was saying. "Why did you do that to me? Ghost me, no clarity, not a word?" s...
179K 7.2K 14
❝ we 'd have to hold hands though ! ❞ ✧ in which you, mienai y/n, fall head over heels for the sweetest girl you've ever met, your best friend, urara...
644 39 5
"honestly," the blondie said, slightly shuffling as he laughed quietly. "sometimes i wonder if you're bored of me yet." rui and tsukasa have known e...
1.1M 44K 35
I was only 7 when I met her, but we had an instant connection. We were inseperable. She was always happy and joyful around me, but me on the other ha...