Being Loved By A Monster (Edi...

By love_live_read

For fifteen years now Werewolves have been known to man, well they've literally taken over. You could say the... More

Being Loved By A Monster
Chapter 1-Introducing Me and Family (Edited)
Chapter 2-The Dreadful Word That Is.....Mate (Edited)
Chapter 3-Running Isn't Fun (Edited)
Chapter 4-A Fun Get-away (Edited)
Chapter 5-Found Me (Edited)
Chapter 6-Kidnapped
Chapter 7-Petrol Station
Chapter 8-Dogs Bite
Chapter 9-Tears Of Anguish
Chapter 10-Normality
Chapter 11-Different Levels of Agreement
Chapter 12-The Power of The Bite
Chapter 13-The Crazy One
Important Notice
Chapter 14-'The Talk'
Chapter 15- A Heated Discussion
Chapter 16-Her Story
Chapter 17-A Rash Decision
Chapter 18-Compromising
Chapter 19 - No More *Part 1
Chapter 19- No More *Part 2
Chapter 20-Surprise, Surprise
Chapter 21-Introductions-Meet The Parents
Chapter 22-The Anitcipated
Chapter 23-A Wake Up Call
Chapter 24-Dancing 'Till Dawn
Chapter 25-Disobeying to Realise
Chapter 26-Bring it on Like Donkey Kong
Chapter 27 - Going Through The Motions Part 1
Chapter 29 - Visitation Time
Chapter 30 - Epilogue

Chapter 28-Going Through The Motions Part 2

52.6K 1.5K 97
By love_live_read

A/N!!

Okay, so, I got hardly any votes or comments on my last chapter :/

This may be my own fault that the chapter wasn't long, the story isn't that interesting right now or that I take quite long to update. Either way can you guys please vote and/or comment.

<3

Chapter 28

It had been 3 weeks and 5 days. Yes, I had been counting.

Not that the last few weeks have been agonizing but that, exactly on the 4 week mark I might be travelling to Blueshine. The truth is I am excited but...I had actually built a routine in the last few weeks and this routine did involve Logan. You could say he trusts me and Roxy together again. I laugh at the thought. We're grown ups! For Christ sakes.  

Me and Roxy had gotten even closer now, we go shopping, cinema and wherever else we want to go together by ourselves when the boys don't come with us. No more guarding. That stopped after the first week when I told Logan that if I had to be followed anymore it would give me a stress related panic attack.

You could say it stopped then, but not without his constant look of worry that I would break down crying. Not gonna happen Buddy.

 Logan and I have worked together to gain trust and a relationship...I suppose you could say we have a few lover's spats, anyway that's what Mr. Alpha likes to call them.

Take for example the major one we had about me having a job. I was furious at the time but now reminiscing about it makes me laugh.

Week 2 and day 2.

I was bored out of my mind, I had already cleaned the whole apartment twice. I realised while cleaning that Logan had a lot of expensive stuff from furniture to technology. Who would've thought my mate was loaded?

But like any human family I was raised to be independent and to try and find a job as good as you could get. So I sought out after a job.

Later that afternoon I went with Roxy to a corner coffee shop we had been frequently going to lately.

The smell of baking pastries, cakes and the strong welcoming scent of coffee beans wafted all around me once I stepped into the coffee shop. I had called earlier on after my cleaning frenzy to Rox to meet me here. I had decided to get a job and knew that Logan would be hardly a good choice to go to when he'd just tell me to stay at home and he'll look after me.

No, thank you.

I smile at the familiar face of my newly found best friend. I hug her after being deprived of human contact since this morning when Logan left for Alpha business. I sit on the worn but tough brown leather of the booth while Roxy sits across from me.

Everything about this little café is worn but it's the kind of worn that makes you think of lounging on a sofa curled around a nice book in front of a crackling fire. It's a nice cosy little place decorated in a variety of warm browns and beige, artistic street portraits hanging on the walls.

I give Roxy a grateful smile as I notice a steaming cup of mocha in a Styrofoam cup covered in a printing of one of the portraits on the walls; the unique designs that are always displayed on their cups. I happily sigh, Roxy knows by know I love my mocha's sugary sweet. "So, what's up?", Roxy raises a perfectly shaped eyebrow at me.

"I'm so bored at the apartment, I've cleaned the WHOLE of the apartment twice Rox." I just stare at her in a dead panned sort of way. I flash her a mega-watt smile, "So, I thought you could hook me up with a job?"

She snorts and tousles back her red ringlets, "Hook you up? I'm not in association with a Drug Lord you nutta'." Roxy just laughs at me and I join her as I realise how I must've sounded. "I can get you a job at Max's grill if you want? We've been needing new recruits."

I nod my head eagerly like a bobble dog that you put in your car, "Yes! I mean, yeah...that would be great thanks. You don't even have to pay me, just supply me any shifts you want. Trust me, you'll be doing me a favour."

  After we conclude that she'd tell Max later on when she got home about their latest employee our conversation turned to other things. Like how Roxy seems to have an unhealthy obsession with Logan and I's sex life, God does she seem to be interested in it. However I think this may have to do with the thing that whenever she brings it up I just seem to blush and tell her to fuck off good naturedly.

Does that girl love embarrassing me or what.

After talking for a couple of more hours we both decide to head home to our mates. I say my goodbyes to Roxy with me promising to call her about the job after I talk to Logan about it. Walking down the road, I breathe in the city air and watch the rush hour traffic start to dull down as cabs, cars and buses glide easily down the streets at a steady pace.  

People, Werewolves and Humans, nod at me or smile in a passing greeting. My heart warms a little at the friendliness of this Pack and the respect they give me as their Alpha's mate. However I still feel a little bit awkward about it all; I would have never expected to have this kind of life and be mated to an Alpha, moreover I would have never expected to fit into this type of life so easily like I have.

The sun starts to set, casting an orange glow over the city, and I rejoice in the warmth from it that caresses my face. I take out my cell from my pocket and see with shock that I have six missed calls from Logan. "Oh, crap," I say dauntingly.

And then I break out into a sprint.

I burst through the apartment threshold huffing and puffing, my breathing eradicated and my lungs burn from the exertion they just went through. Okay, so I maybe lacking the tiniest bit in stamina.don't

"Vanessa?!!", I hear Logan shout from the bedroom. A second later he's standing in the living room looking sick with worry, shock and anger. "Why didn't you call me to tell me you were going out?! Or, I don't know Ve, at least text me or something!" His black hair looks ruffled and messy, as if he has ran his hands through it multiple times.

I hold my hands up in a calm down motion, "Logan, I was just with Rox, I thought you would still be working." I shrug my shoulders. "Besides..", I clap my hands together and jump up and down on my tip toes. "I have some big news for you, well it's really for me but now we're mates I suppose it's both our news. I've got a job! It's at Max's grill, Roxy is organising it for me and I really want to get out of the house an-"

"No."

"Yeah, so- wait. What do you mean no?" I asked him confused and shocked, oh no he's going to burst my bubble. I can feel the bubbly feeling inside of me at the prospect of actually getting out of the apartment and doing something meaningful deflate.

"I mean, no. Ve I provide for you, don't I? You don't need a job...besides when we're having our pups you won't be able to do much anyway." Logan starts to smile seductively at me and tries to reach for me, he clasps his arms around my waist. I try to push against his hard chest to get out of his caging arms but he won't allow me. I huff at this.

"But I want this job! Logan, you said you would give this relationship a proper chance and try and not be so controlling...and yes, you have been very lovely to me despite a few possessive freak outs. But this is just one thing...please, I'm asking this of you." I look at his sexily rugged handsome face with my take on the puppy eyes. This better work! I can not stand being in this apartment day in and day out.

I can see a battle of whims taking place by looking into his smouldering dark eyes. How did I get so lucky? A Werewolf - no, a Godly man, whose attitude might grate on my nerves sometimes but still...someone who I knew loved me unconditionally. How in the actual hell did I bag him?

He unwinds one of his arms to grasp my chin gently and caress it with the pad of his thumb, my breath catches in my throat at the sensations flowing through my nervous system in reaction to the simplest of touches. He can't possibly know what he does to me! "I'm sorry Vanessa, but no. Max can get someone whose trained to be a waitress, we do not need the money. Let someone who needs it to have the job."

I know what he was saying to me made perfect sense but I'm too stubborn and selfish to admit he was right, I was done with being left alone at home. To hell with other people who are complete strangers who might possibly want this job more than me.

I push him away from me and starting pacing up and down angrily, huffing with aggravation. Why can't I just have the bloody job? Even if it is only for a little while? What is wrong with him?!

"Argh!" I scream in frustration, I whip around and grab the closest thing to me in the living room and lob it at him. With his damn wolfy senses I miss him as he ducks out of the way quick and  the heavy object I threw at him smashes against the wall. My chest moves up and down quickly in the same ferocity as my rapidly beating heart, adrenaline, anger and shock course through me.  

"Ve! What is wrong with you? What if it hit me?"

I cross my arms stubbornly, "Well obviously it didn't, I guess I'll have to aim better next time." I harden my glare at him. I look down at the floor at what unsuccessfully hit him. I widen my eyes, "Oh fuck!" I can't seem to do anything right.

I remember from when Logan's Mum, Melanie, visited a couple of days ago to drop 'round a vase that she accustomed on her holiday.  It was a pretty vase, decorated in old faded pastel colours to give it an ancient look. Something about telling the story of  a Werewolf transformation...I really don't know, wasn't listening a lot. But I wish I did now, so I'd know how vaulable it was.

"Oh my God! I'm soo soo sorry Melanie." I just keep repeating this over and over as my eyes grow wider in my horror. I can't believe I smashed her vase?! Why couldn't have I just looked before I threw it at Logan?

"Hmm, seems like you have the anger of a Werewolf there Ve." Logan teases me with an eyebrow raised, oh so now the sod finds the whole situation funny as he just stands there watching me freak out.

"Oh God how am I going to pay for it...", I wonder aloud and then I have an idea, "the job will pay for it!" Suddenly I'm the one with the beaming smile while Logan's amused smirk deflates into a disapproving look. "Oh come on Hunny", I put on a sugary smile and voice while batting my eyelashes at him, "I could pay for your mum's vase, clear my guilt and also not be bored all day at the apartment."

Logan is still giving me that disapproving look with his charcoal smouldering eyes, God he's gonna make me melt on the spot. "Okay, okay. I'll agree to the terms that you can decide what time I finish my shifts and can pick me up from work if it helps with your peace of mind." I hold out my hand for him to shake on my deal.

He reaches out his big paw of a hand and closes it around mine to drag my small body up against his. He moves his arms around me to clasp my sides and run his hands down, tracing my figure. "Hmm," he growls deep in his throat, like a cat purring. I giggle at the notion at Mr Alpha being compared to a tabby kitten, fluffy and harmless; the complete opposite of this possessive idiot.

"How about you only work four days a week plus your deal and...we have a little fun tonight?" Logan nips my earlobe and runs his nose down the length of my neck.

I shiver at the sensation of this...how could I say no to that?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

180K 5K 8
*Short Story* It is difficult to stay with the people who look down at you like you are some kind of disease. It hurts when they don't want to acknow...
11.5K 425 19
I was running from a mean alpha, being chased down by the beta and some other wolves who agreed to kill me. Why me? I noticed that they stopped follo...
846 12 27
This is about a female girl Olivia, Liv for short, that is daughter of the alpha. she is the youngest of her kind to become an alpha. she hates when...
28.9K 1.1K 36
For Vivian and Rowland Carter life couldn't get any better. They were the Alpha and Luna of one of the world's biggest Pack of wolves. They had the l...