The unnoticed

By yasmine658

After Layla is forced on a rip across the country to visit all of the packs in the U.S.A. a lot of unexpected... More

The unnoticed- summary
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25

Part 21

1.8K 51 5
By yasmine658

Authors note: This is not the end! I have so much more exciting ideas to work on! I can practically picture the next chapter already! This chapter is more sweet, to fix things up again ;-)

I really want to thank you guys, my amazing fans. For the votes, for the comments and for the amazing banners from 1999pets. Do you think the banner on the side is better than the current cover? Let me hear your opinions!

Next chapter should be up soon!

Love ya’ll!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Layla pov:

‘Disney world?!’ I nearly screamed in excitement. Well I obviously didn’t see that one coming. As a child I’ve always wanted to go there once but of course Troy wouldn’t take me. To finally be here gave me a buzzing feeling of contentment and happiness.

‘So I take it you like it?’ Dante grins.

‘Of course I do, silly!’ I scream while jumping into his arms. We both froze for a moment, the impact of my impulsive act finally sinking in. Quickly I try to remove my hands but he wouldn’t let me and only tightens his arms around me.

I keep struggling and a after a few more seconds of holding me he lets me go. As soon as he does so, I take a few steps back and look at him warily. ’Why’d you do that?’.

'I could ask you the same’

‘Touché’ I grumbled while I started walking away from him. I wanted to take things slow and although  shouldn’t have given in in my impulses he shouldn’t have hold me while I obviously didn’t want to be in his embrace. The warmness of his arms reminded me of old times. Times when he would keep me close and snuggle into my hair and whisper sweet things to me. I really missed being so close and comfortable to him and I really wanted things to get back to how they used to be but truth is... I just couldn’t. My trust in him was completely gone. Now all there was left were sweet memories that left a bitter taste to my mouth.

It was obvious he wanted to make it up to me but would I let him? Could I set my feelings of hurt and rejection aside to give him that chance?

‘You’re walking the wrong way. The bus will pick us up and bring us to our hotel first so that we can freshen up and rest a bit first’.

I nod in silent agreement. My thoughts going back to the time when we had the talk about how lowly I saw myself. He was so sweet and understanding back then. Guess people change…

The bus picked us up and brought us to a fancy hotel. Mickey and Minnie were already waiting outside to greet us. I didn’t see them pay attention to the other guests so I guessed this was Dante’s doing. He should know you can’t buy things and except it to be all good and dandy again.

Nevertheless I really appreciated the gestured.  Dante made some photos of me, Mickey and Minnie and then let our bus driver take some pictures of the four of us together.

‘Hello, I made a reservation under Paxton’ Dante says to the receptionist. ‘Very well, let me take a look’ she answers in a bored tone while she quickly types something on her computer.

‘Alright, your luggage will be taken upstairs by our staff. Here’s the key of your room. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Enjoy your stay’.

'Wait a minute? Did you just say one room as in one bedroom?’ I quickly ask. ‘Uhm yes, is that a problem Miss?’.

‘Yes it is, I’m not sharing a bedroom with him’. Dante looks at me with hurt but I ignore him, we’re nowhere near that stage yet and I would be damned if I had to share a bed with him. 

‘There is another room on the second floor available, do you want me to check you in in that one?’ she asks a little confused. 

‘Yes please’.

‘Alright, here’s the key of your room Miss, enjoy your stay’. She sends us one last confused look and then concentrates on her computer again.

‘Is it really that bad to share a room with me?’ Dante asks hurt. ‘Honestly, yes it is’ I snap, ‘If you want bonding time I can assure you it won’t be in the bedroom. Please, feel free to help yourself’ I remark sarcastically.

‘Shall we meet in about an hour at the lobby?’ he asks, suddenly sounding tired.

‘Sure’ I reply a bit unsure. My wolf is worried about our mate and wants us to comfort him. She’s furious with me for making him feel this way, for hurting him. I try to ignore her as best as I can but she’s still a part of me, I still feel what she feels, even though I do not always agree with her. All this time she’s have kept silent, I haven’t even taken a run in weeks, which is extremely unhealthy. Maybe we can make a run tonight.

The hotel room is gorgeous. The bed is a massive king size bed with a brown and golden quilt on it. There a vintage pictures hanging on the walls of all the famous Disney characters and there is even Mickey Mouse soap. I’m in Disney heaven.

I unpack my suitcase and neatly order everything in the dresser. After I’ve taken a shower and put on a dark green dress with a small black belt and some black flats. I put my hear in a messy bun and quickly finish of my make-up. After I’m satisfied and have taken one last glance in the mirror, I take my handbag and close the door softly behind me.

I take the stairs and see Dante already waiting for me in the lobby. He stretches out his hand for me and after a moment of hesitation I take it. He offers me a genuine smile and I give him a small one in return. We walk through the park and I admire the enormous castle of Sleeping Beauty.

‘Ooh can we go to the Alice in Wonderland teacups? Pretty, pretty please!’ I pout. ‘Alright’ Dante chuckles as he tags me along to the row. After 10 minutes it’s our turn and we step in a blue with pink cup. It was a really fun ride and I try to convince Dante to do it again. ‘We can do it later. How about we go all around the park and do all different kinds of attractions and then tomorrow do our favorites again’. 

‘I can live with that, I guess’ I mumble', distracted by all the other attractions.

‘What about an apple with caramel on it?’ I smile while pointing to a little stand where an old men sells caramelized apples. ‘Sure’ Dante grins as he takes a hold on my hand and walks us there.

'Two apples please’ he politely orders as he takes his wallet out. The man hands me the apples while Dante pays and I started licking the caramel off. It is pure caramel heaven. The caramel is so thick that you probably never reach the part with the actual apple but nobody really cares.

‘You know what we have to do now, don’t you?’ I ask mockingly. ‘Ehm do more attractions?’. ‘No!’ I fake angry scowl. ‘We have to get those Mickey Mouse ears!’I squeal. ‘’Please don’t let me wear those’. ‘Nobody knows you here and I think they will suit you just fine’. ‘I don’t really have a choice, do I?’. ‘No you don’t’ I grin.

As soon as we each have our pair of ears on I start taking pictures of Dante. It’s adorable how the big bad wolf is now wearing Mickey Mouse ears with a caramelized apple in his hand. ‘Excuse me, could you take a picture of us?’ I asks  an elderly couple. ‘Of course my dear. Nothing more beautiful than a young couple in love’ she smiles kindly at us. I swallow, does it look like we’re in love? Am I still in love with him? I take a good look at him. He has been nothing but sweet to me and I don’t want to be one who holds grudges. Maybe, if the rest of the trip passes by nicely I’ll  tell him I want to give us another shot.

As soon as I realize this I feel  a whole lot happier. My whole is humming and it feels like me whole body is humming in happiness. I feel relieved, a weight taken off my shoulders.

The rest of the trip passes by nicely and I feel like I’ve never laughed more in my life! Currently we are packing up our things and we agreed to eat one last caramelized apple before we leave.

I decide that now is just as good as ever to have the talk with Dante so I take the stairs to the fourth floor and knock on his door. ‘Dante can we talk?’ I ask as soon as he opens his room door. ‘Sure’ he answers as he lets me in. ‘Do you want a drink from the mini bar?’ he offers as he takes a seat next to me. ‘An orange juice please’. He hands me my juice and I take a big sip before speaking.

‘I’ve been thinking these past few days’, I start off and I already see him getting anxious, afraid of the outcome of this conversation, ‘And I think we should give us a shot again’. I see his face lit up and he smiles so widely it could almost split his face in half. ‘Really?’ he asks, his voice a mix of hope and excitement. ‘Really’ I confirm smiling.

‘So that means…’ he trails of while shooting closer to me.

‘That I can finally do this again’ he finishes as he presses his lips on mine.

And for once, just this once, it feels like everything felt in place again. I felt like I had just given myself another shot to happiness. A chance of feeling whole again. I was finally ready to be happy again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.8K 437 52
He was the beta in his world. She was the vampire. They were in a relationship. A secret relationship. He wouldn't be able to explain his interest in...
635K 14.9K 24
After Lexi's parents die, she's a loner. Her brother isn't there for her like he should be, she has no friends, no one even notices her. Until her fu...
1.1M 33.6K 28
Jade is a 15 year old girl. She is different from everyone in her pack. Because her eyes are multicolored she's bullied because no one has ever seen...
3.1M 70.6K 43
To grow up in a world where female shifters are rare, being one is a big deal- and thats why Cassidy hides that she is one from the rest of the pack...