Crash

By luv234_luv

Lyra Jay Kellie has just had the second worst day of her entire life. It's right up there at the top of the l... More

1: Annoying little Brat
2: Marcus
3: Help who?
4: Fish jerky
5: They'll be back right?
6: Two weeks later
7: Lyras valley
8: One Week
9: Paws off
10: What happened?
11: If I wasnt here, you'd be dead
12: It felt good
13: I'll live
14: I'm going crazy
15: Trophy over dinner
16: What are we doing?
17: Stupid gravity
18: It's just a little storm
19: A two year olds work
20: Life is a bitch
21: Missing my hunting partner
22: Night under the stars
23: Habits
24: Crush
25: Matt?
26: Too damn early
27: Teach me your ways Yoda
28: Mine
29: Wanna go elk hunting?
30: I look like Katniss
31: Happy Birthday!!
32: Oops
33: No worries, right?
34: Cabin fever
35: Evil fun
36: I hate winter
37: Tickle fight
38: Trapped
39: Star Map
Hey guys! Please read so you understand!
40: Maisha Mapya
41: She didn't plan on me
42: Whats up with you?
43: What are you, a rock?
44: Makin' faces
45: What the hell am I doing?
46: You promised
47: It's a no pants day
48: Moving day
49: Bad Luck or Something
50: Follow my finger
51: The Cabin in the Woods
52: Spring Cleaning
53: UCC
54: It's a hot one
55: Dirty Dancing
56: Clark
57: Lucy
58: Necessities
59: This happens a lot
60: Retirement
61: I know how he is
62: Two days time
63: We didnt know!
64: You touch her you die
65: My first Rodeo
66: My first Rodeo pt 2
67: Last day of you
68: Forget about it all
69: Just a few more days
70: Bring her back
71: Oh the irony
72: Damsel in distress
73: Do we have a deal?
75: Two shots
76: A lucky one
77: Who knew they were insane?
78: Goin' crazy
79: You had me at steak n' beer
80: I approve
81: I like galas
82: Black Beauty
83: I want one
84: Pictures and Memories
85: Epilogue
3/30/17 A/N: I'M BACK AND WILL BE EDITING FOR YOU!
Epilogue 2 (as requested)
3/23/18: New Book!
Wattys2018?

74: Breached

6.9K 304 23
By luv234_luv

Alexandra-

I barely slept last night. I was too excited. It's a good thing I packed up as much as I could before I came here or else I would have no clothes.

"Out! I want everyone out!" Richard shouted down the hall and I rolled my eyes.

The only people that were supposed to be in this building was Richard, Lyra and I. The rest were to go back to...wherever they came from while we delt with things here.

I fixed my blazer, wanting to look good when the news crews took our pictures. I rechecked my bags. Yes, I've got my clothes, toiletries, hair dye, shoes, contacts, yes everything I need.

"Alexandra!" Richard shouted and I zipped my bag, "What?!"

"Get out here! They're going to be here soon!" He snapped.

I huffed and grabbed up my bags. Strolling down the hallway, I contained my excitement. Can I just say that this is possibly the best day of my life?

I'm getting the hell out of here and I'm going to be rid of Lyra and David. Then maybe I'll be able to put some distance between my brother and I. I've had enough of him to be honest. He's always ranting and raving. Yelling at someone or giving orders. It's pretty damn annoying.

"You called?" I smirked at him, setting my bags down.

"Yes, why are you always dragging ass? We need to be ready to go. The police will surely get here early and David will be with them but I ain't moving until noon. They better have all we need," He growled, pacing the floor.

"Would you calm down? You're acting like we're already heading to jail," I sighed and sat in his spinning chair.

"Calm down? I've never been this close to a trade, I'm always operating it- forget I said that. But I'm the only one who can get this done, I don't trust anyone else enough. So the way I see it, there's only two outcomes," He turned towards me and tapped his foot impatiently.

"We can get the money, get to the plane and then to the safe spot I've secured, or  the police worm their way around us and haul our asses to jail," Richard hissed.

"The first is more probable, don't you think?" I chuckled at his behavior.

"Well yeah, but-"

"And you know David will do anything for his little girl," I said in a disgusted tone, "So if we hold Lyra with anything, they'll do what we say."

"Yeah but we can't hold onto her forever. Taking her as far as the plane would give them more chances to capture us. That's why no ones allowed into the room because of the gun. They'll figure out the gun is on safety and not even loaded. I'm sure it won't take long," He muttered and resumed his pacing.

Did I look like this when I was overly nervous? Ugh, it looks humiliating.

"Won't take long for what?" I grumbled.

"It won't take long for them to either release her, track us down or both. There's a lot of cons to this. We didn't have enough time to fully think this through," My brother said frustratedly.

I rolled my eyes at him, "Whatever, it'll be fine."

"No Alex! You're not listening, you're ignoring the possible problems!" Richard shouted at me and I jumped at the suddenness.

"Richard stop yelling, I'm right here," I commanded and straightened my jacket, "You're focusing too hard on this. You said it yourself a few days ago, this is simple. We're in, we get the money, we get out. The steps aren't a mile high, this isn't rocket science."

"Yes but-"

I held up a finger, "Do you hear that?"

He cocked his head to the side, "Hear what?"

The whine of sirens got louder and I grinned, "They're here! It's about to begin!"

A look of shock came over Richard, "What? Already? What time is it?"

"It's eleven forty five, but who cares about time. We've got this," I shrugged and walked over to my bags.

I had to get ready to go so we could leave at a moments notice. I peeked out a window to see many police cars pull up to the warehouse. Excitement coursed through my veins as I saw a black S.W.A.T van pull up.

Out of one of the police cars, David came out of. I smiled at his distressed features. Why was he so worried? This is going to work out fine. The noise of blades beating the air was heard, albeit that it was the helicopter we were to get on for our escape.

Darting out the door, despite my brother yelling at me, I hurried down the hall and knocked on Lyra's door.

"Do you hear that? That's the sound of your freedom and mine. Think you can stay still for that long?" I giggled, pressing my ear against the door.

There was some muffle noises.

"And I suppose you're going to be quiet  too?" I joked.

"Oh! And guess what? Your daddy's here now! Isn't that wonderful?! It means he's brought the money," I said happily. There was some more muffled noises and I knew she was struggling.

"Well. I guess this is our official goodbye. I just want you to know, you're a bitch and I'm so glad I'm leaving you here with a gun pointed at you," I said sweetly and darted back to the room Richard and I were waiting in.

"Are you packed?" I asked him.

"What? Oh, yes. I'm ready, everything is ready," He turned to me briefly.

We watched a clock start to countdown. I happily watched it sit a minute till noon. Richard got out the laptop and set it in front of him. He turned it on and exactly at noon, started to FaceTime David. It didn't take long for him to answer.

"Hello? Yes?" He positioned the camera.

Richard had a face of steel on as I stood in the background, "Hello David. So do you have what we require?"

David let the camera show a bunch of brief cases in the trunks of two police cars. I wondered how we were going to transport that.

"And the helicopter, with the free passes."

"The chopper is in waiting for you on the roof. We're sorry it's small, but it'll take you anywhere you want to go. The pilot is not to be harmed," A man said, holding up two tickets to anywhere.

"Good. Take all of the cases and place them in the elevator. Press the forth floor button. If anything else happens that are not in these instructions, I will make sure Lyra pays for it," Richard snapped.

They all nodded and gave the order to take the cases to the elevator. Richard electronically unlocked the doors and allowed them to come inside. He pulled out two very large duffel bags. As soon as the cases were in the elevator and the police had cleared out, Richard took me to the elevator.

"Stuff all you can into your bag," He commanded and started popping cases open.

I almost protested but started to do as he said. Soon, my bag was filled to the breaking point with money. It was unbelievably heavy and I wondered how we were going to carry these and our bags and  fit it all in the small private helicopter on the roof.

We left the cases scattered around on the floor. None of them were useful to us anymore.

I dragged my bag back to the room with Richard, "So how do we get out?"

"We'll just take the elevator to the roof, get on the helicopter and leave," He mumbled. He opened the laptop and resumed the call to David's phone.

David's worried face appeared on the screen, "Are you satisfied??"

"Yes. We'll be going now. Sorry it had to come to this but it just had to be done. Your daughter is still alive, be grateful," Richard growled and got up, leaving the computer on so they could watch us leave.

"Let's go. We have a ride to catch," He grabbed my arm.

I wriggled out of his grip and turned to the computer to wave goodbye at David smugly. He only stared at me. I chuckled and grabbed my roller bag and carry on, dragging the duffel bag behind me.

I followed my brother to the elevator. He pressed the button and we waiting for it to come to our floor. I hummed a happy tune to myself, completely content with how this was working.

The doors pinged open and we stepped inside. My duffel fought with me for a moment until I found a comfortable place for the strap on my shoulder. This thing was so heavy and uncomfortable that I was going to have to go see the chiropractor after this.

I daydreamed about what I could do after we got out of here. I can just imagine it. I can see how tan I'm going to be after laying in the sun for hours. Can you see it too? Lounging in the heat like a lizard while beautiful men waited on you hand and foot. I was totally going to have a peach margarita after this, I needed one.

My eyes watched the little light up buttons on the panel slowly go up as we went higher and higher. Technically, this building is eight stories high, which is really nice for a warehouse. Apparently, it was supposedly really nice when it was running back in the day.

"When we get up there, we need to be careful," Richard said quietly.

"Why? We have all we need," I smiled, watching the light go to the roof button.

The doors opened and showed us the view of a small, black private helicopter sitting on the roof, the blades rotating slowly. The pilot looked at us through a small glass window.

Richard started to walk cautiously out of the elevator and I tailed him, a little slower because of the weight I had.

 I almost laughed when he tripped over a piece of old roofing, but that was the exact moment a gunshot cracked through the air.

Richards hand flew the the side of his head and he dropped his bags, "Shit! Snipers! Run!"

I dropped all of my things and sprinted after him, bullets ricocheting off the concrete behind us. My heels did not help me at all. We dove into the elevator and pressed ourselves against the inside walls, shielding ourselves from the hail of bullets that peppered the metal between us.

Richard slammed his hand on a button and the doors closed. I was breathing hard, "What the hell?!"

I watched as blood trickled down the side of my brothers face. He took his hand away from his head and looked at it. My eyes couldn't leave the sight of his mutilated ear. Oh god, I'm going to throw up.

"Those bastards!" He shouted.

The doors opened and Richard made a beeline for the office. He yanked the computer up and held it level to his face "What the hell David?! We said we were to have safe passage to the chopper and out of the US!"

"I-" David started but Richard plowed on.

"Don't you realize what this means! You breached our agreement! This means nothing to me now, and you know what?! You did this! This is your fault! Look what you did!" Richard pointed at his ear.

"Don't you think this is fucking painful?! Because it is! It's your fault! You know what else is going to be your fault? Lyra's pain! That's right! You broke our agreement and now I'm holding up my end of the deal! This is what you get and now you have to live with it!"

David frantically looked at us with wide eyes, "No! Don't take this out on Lyra, she has nothing to do with it! If you want to hurt someone, hurt me! Lyra isn't suppose to be messed up in this!! Please! She hasn't done anything wrong!"

"Oh no, there's no getting out of this David. And I am going to hurt you, I'm going to kill your daughter so you have to live with knowing the fact that it's all your fault! And if police storm this place, I'll make it a painful, slow death! You're too late," Richard spat and I gasped.

No, he's not going to....

"No Richard, please!-" David cried but Richard slammed the laptop shut and started stalking towards the door.

I grabbed his arm, "You're not really going to kill her are you?!"

Holding someone hostage is a lot different than getting charged for murder.

"It was the agreement Alex. It's nothing but business," He growled and shook me off.

I couldn't do anything but watch my brother walk out the door, off to kill my stepdaughter. He's going to get us life sentences... But I had to try. I ran after him and started an argument.
-----------

I'm so sorry guys, I keep leaving you with majorly irritating cliffies but it's my little chapters policy. *shrugs* I'm sorry! Pray for Lyra!

Vote, comment, share!!

-KJ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 12.8K 56
After a brutal battle forever changes the swamp, Croc and Willow set out to fight the war. Season 2 of Toxic Nature ...
2.3K 228 56
What happens when Leila Morgan falls in love with Nickolas, a lycan who supposedly killed her parents...who she's also supposed to take her vengeance...
268K 13K 62
Abandoned and left to die, a human girl must fight to survive on an alien planet filled with monsters that want to kill her. That is until she meets...
114K 5.2K 25
''Let me help you, ma'am,'' a man who was probably the flight attendant said. Damn. Ryerson Reeds even had handsome flight attendants. The man stoope...