When You're Strange. {Harry P...

By insertwittynamehere

Sixth-year Slytherin, Alice Rhowen, is, along with her boyfriend Draco Malfoy, the most powerful Slytherin st... More

When You're Strange. {Harry Potter}
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 9.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 20. Gryffindors.
Chapter 21. Escaping.
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23. A Relative.
Chapter 24. The Truth.
Chapter 25. Privacy.
Chapter 26. The End?
Epilogue.

Chapter 19.

59.8K 912 333
By insertwittynamehere

   AN: Thanks to keiyari for the banner!! :)

                                                               Draco's P.O.V

I lay Alice on the cot, delicately. Her quick, shallow breaths make me uneasy. So, I try my best not to wake her up.

"Alright, so what do you have to tell me?" I ask, quietly sitting at Alice's feet.

Emmerich is practically jogging in place. He can't stand still. I feel impatience prickling beneath my skin, but I just cross my arms and wait.

"Okay, we've got to go," He says, grabbing my arm and pulling me up. I rip my arm from his grip.

"What do you have to tell me?" I raise my voice.

Sometimes Emmerich can be so irritating. Instead of wasting my time, he could just get to the point. Sometimes for a smart kid, he can be dumb.

"Potter's figured out the combination." He says, quietly.

My heart nearly pounds out of my chest. We've just been sitting here?! Potter could be halfway there already!

Frantically, I rush towards the door, but then I remember my unconscious partner lying there still.

"Wake Alice up, and bring her to her things. I've got to go, I'll meet you in the dungeons." I shove him towards Alice and take off sprinting for Snape's office.

I race through the halls, nearly hearing a clock ticking in my mind. My pulse keeps up a dangerous speed.

"Mr. Malfoy!" I hear a teacher shout out in the distance, but it only makes me run faster. I've got to get to Snape, so he can warn the other Death Eaters.

I burst through his doors and find him pacing around his office. He turns quickly with his wand pointed to my chest.

"Knock before entering my office." He growls through his teeth at me.

"Harry's figured it out." I ignore his foul mood. I see panic fill his eyes as well.

"Where's Alice?" He demands.

Where's Alice? How about where's Potter? Why isn't he worried about finding Potter first? Alice is always his first priority and it makes no sense. The first person he should be worried about protecting is the Dark Lord... Not some 17 year old girl.

He grabs his broomstick and takes off out his door, and I follow closely behind him.

"Unconscious, at the moment. But, I left Emmerich with her." I explain, struggling to keep up with his pace.

But, then he suddenly stop and turns to me.

"Unconscious?" He panics. I got to explain further, but he cuts me off, "Never mind. There's no time. You get her and you both follow Potter." He pokes a finger to my chest and gives me a shove towards the dungeon.

                                                          Alice's P.O.V

Something cold splashes my face and I sit up, spluttering, fighting to catch my breath.

"Alice, we've got to go!" A familiar voice frantically shakes my arm.

Confused, I look around and see Emmerich standing by my bedside. I rub my eyes, still feeling a little foggy.

The last thing I remember is... Seeing that red head of hair walking out the door. My stomach wretches all over again. Why did doing the right thing have to hurt so bad?

Emmerich lets out a loud groan and picks me up and throws me over his shoulder. I barely have enough time to grab my wand. My head spins of dizziness and confusion.

"Put me down," I order him, but he ignores me and goes marching out of the infirmary. "What's going on?" I shout, kicking my legs.

He tosses me down and I barely land on my feet. My knees are still weak from earlier.

"Keep it down, will you?" Emmerich snaps at me and I raise my eyebrows. It's refreshing to see him so worked up. I've always wondered if he was capable of emotions.

He grabs my wrists and starts to pull me along, but I plant my feet. It's nice he's finally growing a backbone, but nobody pulls me around, telling me what to do.

"Tell me what's going on." I warn him, giving him a glare that causes him to shiver slightly.

"Potter's figu-" He whispers, but I don't even let him finish.

I take off towards the dungeon, to get my things. I grip my wand tightly, prepared to take out anyone that gets in my way.

I burst through the door to my dormitory, racing to my trunk of things. I tear through it, until I find my nice, sturdy robe and put on a fresh pair of pants.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Tabitha moving around.I don't try and let her sleep, I continue being loud. She's lucky that I don't hurt her in her sleep.

I quickly grab my new broomstick that I haven't even had a chance to try out. I grip it tightly and slam the door behind me.

I sprint into the dungeon to find Emmerich waiting impatiently. He has his arms crossed and he taps his foot against the stone ground, causing it to echo throughout the room.

"Let's go." I call for him as soon as I lay eyes on him. Relief fills his eyes, but it drains quickly.

"We've got to wait for Draco." He frowns, tapping his foot again.

I let out a groan and begin pacing the room. If Draco's not here in the next few minutes, I won't hesitate to leave him behind. I'm not going to risk having the Dark Lord kill me.

I begin to sweat and shiver at the same time, beginning to feel clammy and light-headed. I stop pacing, in hopes of feeling less dizzy. I know if you're feeling like this, the last thing you want to do is get on a broomstick.

Then, I hear Emmerich stop tapping his foot loudly and he begins to cough. I look up and mentally curse myself.

"Where are you going?" Tabitha ask, standing at the foot of the stairs.

And, to think, she was going to be helping us on this mission... Now, I wouldn't trust her with anything, let alone my life, or the Dark Lord's life.

"Nowhere," I lie, "Go back to bed, Tabitha." I warn her, turning around.

She opens her mouth to say something, but is interrupted by the dungeon doors opening. Draco walks in quickly and grabs his broom from Emmerich and grabs my hand.

"Let's go," He pulls me along.

I don't even look back to her. I walk beside Draco and we almost make it out the door, until we hear,

"Alice! Why do you hate me so much?"

I stop, surprised by her angry and desperate tone. Draco tugs my arm, but I wriggle free from his grip.

"Why do I hate you? Do you think I'm an idiot?" I turn around, furious, "How long were you planning on pretending to be my friend? How long have you been planning on getting rid of me, to get to Draco?" I snap at her.

Her expression is pure fear as I continue to verbally attack her. I feel Draco's hand tighten around mine.

"So, I'm pretty sure I have reason enough to hate you." I finish off, breathing heavily.

It's pure silent for a few moments, but it's broken by her choking back a sob. I don't feel guilty at all. I only felt relieved to get it off my chest.

"Come on, Alice. We've got to go." Draco says, roughly. I turn around, quickly, not giving her another look. Emmerich follows closely behind us.

We get out the doors and it's not long before we hear her following us.

"You're not going without me!" She shouts.

I stop to turn around and scream at her some more, but both Emmerich and Draco push me forward.

"Just let it be." Emmerich tells me, before he falls in line with the traitor.

If there's one thing I know, is that the Dark Lord hates traitors more than anything. So, I'm sure she won't last more than a minute before him.

                                                                      Leyra's P.O.V

I snuggle into my warm bed, my mind running through a million things at once; like always. I plan out projects that need to be done for homework. I think about different ways to have an excuse to talk with Draco.

My warm quilt is brought up to my chin, keeping me toasty and safe.

I get on the verge of unconsciousness, when I hear the door to our dorm open. I don't pay attention to whoever is coming in after curfew. It's probably Annie. The Potter competition has taken over all her free time.

"Lumos," Someone whispers.

I pull the quilt over my head so I can fall asleep and escape the light. But, that doesn't last long.

"Guys! Get up." I hear that person hissing. I just groan and pull the blankets tighter around me.

I feel someonen start to shake me, frantically and pull the covers off me.

"Bloody hell..." I murmur and sit up.

I squint and in the faint light of Annie's wand, I see Marleigh and Annie standing there, looking more terrified than ever.

"What's going on?" Paige asks, rubbing her eyes.

"You know that competition the Slytherin's have with Potter?" Annie says, whispering. Kaylah sits down on my bed, beside me. Paige, Kaylah and I nod, "Well, it's more serious than we thought..." She explains.

Marleigh looks to Annie, in fear. I can see her wet cheeks, moist from crying. Butterflies begin fluttering around in my stomach.

"How much more serious?" I ask.

Annie wraps her arm around a shaking Marleigh.

"'He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named' serious." Marleigh speaks up, her voice cracking.

I lose grip on my breathing and feel light-headed. We are involved with 'You-Know-Who'? What's going to happen to us? Will we get expelled? What will my parents think? Could we die?

"We've got to get out of this!" Kaylah panics, getting to her feet.

"Maybe if we back out now, there could be a chance we'll live." Paige agrees.

Annie and Marleigh share a glance full of sadness and fear. I have a feeling it's not going to be so easy for them. Especially for Annie, since Emmerich's involved.

"Does that mean they are all... Death Eaters?" I ask, barely above a whisper. Marleigh whimpers and becomes even more pale, if that's even possible.

"I doubt it... We only know one is for sure; Alice." Annie explains.

I feel like I'm going to vomit.

Alice? As in the girl only one grade higher than us? The one every girl hates, but every guy loves? Alice, Draco's fiance?

"Is Draco?" I ask, not wanting to even hear the answer.

I've been in love with Draco for years and it would be difficult to just end my feelings, no matter the circumstance. But, 'You-Know-Who' is the worst of the worst. Just thinking about him makes my skin crawl.

"Doubtful." Marleigh speaks up, looking hopeful.

That answer was good enough for me. I'd rather be blind to it all.

"Well, we're going to try and beat everyone there. We have to." Annie says, bravely.

They're going to meet Potter and a Death Eater somewhere, where 'You-Know-Who' probably will be? Are they delusional?

"Are you insane?! You guys are going to get murdered!" Paige screetches. Kaylah just chokes back sobs, behind me. She's never had a brave soul.

"We have to. You don't understand." Marleigh insists.

"We do understand! We understand that you two are going off on some sort of suicide mission!" Paige shakes Annie's shoulders roughly.

"You don't understand!" Annie shouts, causing all of us to freeze, "You don't have a brother that is either a Death Eater, or is going to die! Either way, I'll lose him forever." She breaks down into Marleigh's arms.

The sick feeling in my stomach rises again. I clutch my moutch, just to be safe.

"So, are you coming with, or are you staying?" Marleigh asks us, fed up with our attitude.

"I'm in." I'm the first one to speak up.

Annie and I have been best friends since the train ride on our first year. She's saved me from trouble several times, always being a great friend. Now, it's my turn to pay her back.

Annie looks up from Marleigh's arms and gives me one of her famous, bright smiles. She holds out her hand and I grasp it tightly.

"Mar, come on. You can't be-" Paige speaks softly to Marleigh, but she cuts her off.

"I don't have time for this. Are you coming or not?" She snaps, taking us all by surprise.

Paige looks to Kaylah, who is hugging her knees close to her chest and crying. Then, she looks back to us with tears in her eyes.

"I can't..." She sobs, "I'm sorry... I just can't risk it all. My parents would be devastated." She explains.

"Me either." Kaylah croaks out.

"Then, just promise us you'll keep your mouths shut." Marleigh says, starting to bundle up. Annie and I follow her suit, grabbing our brooms and warm clothes.

Paige and Kaylah just watch us as if we're going to get executed. I sort of feel that way as well...

Continue Reading