Crash

By luv234_luv

Lyra Jay Kellie has just had the second worst day of her entire life. It's right up there at the top of the l... More

1: Annoying little Brat
2: Marcus
3: Help who?
4: Fish jerky
5: They'll be back right?
6: Two weeks later
7: Lyras valley
8: One Week
9: Paws off
10: What happened?
11: If I wasnt here, you'd be dead
12: It felt good
13: I'll live
14: I'm going crazy
15: Trophy over dinner
16: What are we doing?
17: Stupid gravity
18: It's just a little storm
19: A two year olds work
20: Life is a bitch
21: Missing my hunting partner
22: Night under the stars
23: Habits
24: Crush
25: Matt?
26: Too damn early
27: Teach me your ways Yoda
28: Mine
29: Wanna go elk hunting?
30: I look like Katniss
31: Happy Birthday!!
32: Oops
33: No worries, right?
34: Cabin fever
35: Evil fun
36: I hate winter
37: Tickle fight
38: Trapped
39: Star Map
Hey guys! Please read so you understand!
40: Maisha Mapya
41: She didn't plan on me
42: Whats up with you?
43: What are you, a rock?
44: Makin' faces
45: What the hell am I doing?
46: You promised
47: It's a no pants day
48: Moving day
49: Bad Luck or Something
50: Follow my finger
51: The Cabin in the Woods
52: Spring Cleaning
53: UCC
54: It's a hot one
55: Dirty Dancing
56: Clark
57: Lucy
58: Necessities
59: This happens a lot
60: Retirement
61: I know how he is
62: Two days time
63: We didnt know!
64: You touch her you die
65: My first Rodeo
66: My first Rodeo pt 2
68: Forget about it all
69: Just a few more days
70: Bring her back
71: Oh the irony
72: Damsel in distress
73: Do we have a deal?
74: Breached
75: Two shots
76: A lucky one
77: Who knew they were insane?
78: Goin' crazy
79: You had me at steak n' beer
80: I approve
81: I like galas
82: Black Beauty
83: I want one
84: Pictures and Memories
85: Epilogue
3/30/17 A/N: I'M BACK AND WILL BE EDITING FOR YOU!
Epilogue 2 (as requested)
3/23/18: New Book!
Wattys2018?

67: Last day of you

8.8K 356 33
By luv234_luv

Alexandra-

There was a banging on the door and I rushed to open it. Richard stood lazily before me, "Couldn't this wait? I was...occupied."

I took note of his messy hair and made a face of disgust. Whatever, that's not my concern.

"We have a big problem," I hissed and grabbed his arm to yank him inside.

"Where's David?" He asked, kicking off his shoes.

"Gone, he left yesterday morning," I said, dragging my brother into the living room.

"He left? Why? Didn't you guys patch things up?" He sat down on the couch, looking up at me lazily.

"Why? I'll tell you why. Lyra's alive," I laughed nervously, humorless.

"That's not possible. Are you okay?" Richard looked at me like I was a mental patient.

"It is possible. She called him! It was definitely her. She's alive and he's bringing her home. What are we going to do? This-this wasn't part of the plan! This changes everything!" I cried, becoming more and more hysterical than I was last night.

"She called him?"

"Yes!"

"It was probably a sick joke. Seriously though, do you have a fever?" He set an elbow on his knee and rested his head on his hand.

"I don't think it's a joke at all! I think she survived. I think she found someone to take her to Texas-"

"Texas?"

"Yes that's where she is," I gnawed on my thumbnail, spitting the paint out when it chipped off.

"How'd she get there?"

"Don't know. But he's bringing her home. This is going to ruin everything. Do you know how close I was to getting into his account? I can never to to the files in his office because he's always in there!" I snapped, pacing the floor.

"Well, that is a problem," Richard scratched his head and looked at the floor.

"Obviously! Why didn't we just tear the engine out of her stupid plane?!" I cried.

"That's be too suspicious," He managed a little smile.

I looked at him in utter confusion. How is he calm? How is he just sitting there? I have so much adrenalin that my blood pressure is going to make me kill over.

"What the fuck is wrong with you?! How could you joke at a time like this?!" I screeched, unable to contain my anger towards my brother.

"Such language," Richard sighed and sat back. I am going to kill my own brother. I just stood there and looked at him. He shook his head at me, "Sis, we can't loose our heads."

"Well what do you propose we do?" I asked quietly, sitting on the edge of the recliner.

"I'm like you. I've done my waiting. I've put time, money and energy into this. We need to actually get rid of her now. I'm sick of this surviving everything shit," He got up and put on his thinking face.

"W-what? You mean like k-kill her?" I stuttered, wide eyed.

"You said you could go to any length," Richard looked at me seriously.

"W-well I wasn't thinking! We can't kill anybody! Have you ever killed anyone?" I stammered and twiddled with my hands.

"If I answered that, you wouldn't do me very well in court," He said grimly and I gaped at him. I knew my brother was twisted but how twisted is he really?

"If you don't want to kill her then I'll have to come up with something better. Don't worry, I'll have it all planned out by next week," He started towards the kitchen.

I jumped up and ran after him, "Next week?! B-but she'll be home before then!"

"So?" He put on his shoes.

"So I'll have to live with that. I can't be near her. Look at me! Don't you think I know I look like a nervous wreck? I can barely speak to David, what do you think I'm going to do around Lyra?" I wrung my hands and leaned against the counter for some stability.

Richard sighed in exasperation, "Alex, I don't care if you lock yourself in the attic for the time being. Stay away from her. Avoid David. I'll bet they'll be in their own little world for a while for daddy daughter time. It's not hard." 

He gave me a flat look and rolled his eyes.

"But-but I'm so upset by this! Can't I stay with you?!" I asked desperately.

"God no. Take a Xanax and have a glass of wine- or rum, whatever makes you feel better. Goodbye," He opened the door and stepped out. I could sit down and cry right about now.

I reached into the drawer beside me and dug out some sleeping pills. I took two. Slowly making my way back to the living room, I sat down in the recliner and flicked on the Tv. But I didn't really watch it, I just kinda stared.

Richard will take care of this. He'll fix it. He always finds a way to fix things.
----------
Lyra-

I don't think I could ever get tired of waking up next to Nathan. And I don't think he's noticed that I woke up a little while ago. I can see his reflection in the mirror and can tell he's been up longer than I have.

He's just been staring out the window, tracing his fingers along my back and kissing the top of my head with a serious look on his face. He was thinking hard about something.

I rolled over and laid my head on his chest, "You look like you're trying to figure out the worlds hardest problem. What's on your mind?"

He looked down at me and kissed my forehead, "It's your last day here, it's your last day with me."

"Awe c'mon. I'm not leaving you forever," I smiled up at him reassuringly.

"It feels like it," Nathan sighed.

"Look, I know you don't like it but I need to go home, even if it's just for a little bit. I've been with you for months and every minute I've been with you, my fathers been without me. That had to just kill him. Please don't make it hard. I'll come back to you, I promise," I turned his head to make him look at me.

"I know. It's just hard to let you go," He said quietly.

"Well I'm right here right now. I'm not going anywhere this minute. I don't leave until later tonight so you've got me the whole day," I grinned and he smiled, pecking my lips.

"I'll take what I can get," Nathan wrapped an arm around me. Something buzzed and he sighed, reaching over to the bedside table for his phone he found yesterday.

"Mom wants us to come by sometime today. We could go for breakfast?" He set the phone back down and snuggled down next to me.

I happened to have a better idea, "Hmm, maybe, or.."

I started kissing across his bare shoulder, up his neck and to his jaw. He pulled me on top of him and I felt his hands tighten on my hips.

"Or maybe lunch.."

------

I got dressed as Nathan sulked on the bed.

"But whyyyyyy?" He whined.

"Nathan, we are going to go see your mother and family. They haven't seen you in months. Now, c'mon and get dressed. We don't wanna miss lunch," I smiled at him.

He whined the whole way to his closet but eventually got dressed. I swear men are over grown children.

We drove about twenty minutes and pulled up the drive.

The dogs shot out from under the porch, along with Baine, and greeted us happily. We laughed at them and went inside.

May came around the corner with a big grin, "Hey y'all! I was just about to start lunch. Ally and the others will be here whenever."

"Do you want some help with lunch?" I asked.

She looked at me in surprise but grinned big, "Well sure. How about steak and potatoes?"

"That sounds wonderful. I've missed steak," I grinned at her.

"Randy!" May called.

"Whaaaaat?!"

"You want salad with lunch?!"

"Sure!"

We laughed and May turned to the fridge, "I bought a few T-bones this morning at Toni's deli. Um, look in that onion box for some potatoes."

"Well...I think I'll go see what dads doing.." Nathan said and tried to slink out of the kitchen.

I caught him by his back pocket, "No, no, no. You get to toss some salad."

He groaned and turned around, "Jayyyy."

I scowled at him and he grumbled, "Fine."

May looked between us and watched Nathan go to the fridge to retrieve some lettuce. She leaned close to me and whispered, "I need you around more often. He hasn't helped me cook since he was fourteen."

I chuckled and got out some potatoes. We made lunch and just as the steaks were coming off the grill, Ally and the others showed up. The guys came in as well, lured by the smell of food. They were as bad as the dogs who panted on the porch.

After lunch, I followed Nathan out to the barn to watch him let Copper out. He opened the gate and let the pretty roan out into the pasture. I leaned against the wall and watched him toss an apple into the air for Copper to catch. Bow waltzed by with a pitchfork in his hands.

"Best barrel horse I ever did see," He grinned.

"Prettiest I've seen," I chuckled.

"Oh, there's some cobwebs above you by the way."

My eyes widened and I flew away from the wall, "OHMYGOD!"

Nathan turned around quickly "What?"

"Is there anything on me?!" I squealed and tried to brush away anything that may have fell on me. A spider could've landed in my hair or something.

He walked over and dusted my back off, "Nope."

I jumped when he slapped my butt and smirked at me, "Nothing there."

I whacked his shoulder, "Stop that."

"What's with the freak out?" Bow raised an eyebrow.

"She absolutely hates spiders," Nathan chuckled. I shivered at the word, "Ewww."

"You do, huh?" Bow chuckled and kept wandering into the barn.

I pulled at my sweaty shirt and watched him go. I knew I missed hot weather but right now, I missed air conditioner.

Nathan must've noticed, "Hey Jay, why don't you go inside and see the girls? I've got to let the other horses out an I'll be right there."

"Hmm, alright," I smiled, kissing his cheek and going up the path to the house.

When I got back inside, Maggie was in the bathroom and Ally was doing something with May. I decided to go into the kitchen and grab a beer while I waited on one of the two.

I wandered down the hall towards Ally's room, wanting to go grab a hair tie to pull up my hair.

"Hey Lyra..." Bows voice said behind me.

"Yeah?" I turned around with a smile.

"Check this out!" He held out his hand and my smile dropped faster than a rock in water.

The biggest spider I've seen in a long time sat on his hand, waving it's long legs around at me. I dropped my beer, trying to back away but I ran into the wall and slid to the floor.

"G-get that away from me!!" I shouted.

"Awe, it doesn't bite! Let's name it Sal!" Bow smirked and lowered the spider towards me. I screamed in terror as it nearly jumped off his hand at me.

He held it inches from my face and I tried my hardest to disappear into the wall, screaming involuntarily.

"It's just a little garden spider!" Bow insisted.

"No!" I screamed "Get it away!!"

"Just pet it!"

I started screaming the only thing I knew would save me "Nathan! Nathan!! Help me!! Nathan!!"

I was close to tears and the evil thing that sat on Bows hand stared me down, about to pounce.

"Nathan!!" I cried, squeezing my eyes shut and turning my head away from the eight-eyed nightmare.

Bow was suddenly shoved away roughly, letting out a yelp of surprise. Nathan towered over him and just about broke his jaw he hit him so hard. Bow and the spider tumbled back onto the floor and Nathan quickly ran over to me.

"Are you okay?! What did he do?! Are you hurt?!" He rapidly fired questions and pulled me into his lap. I trembled, "B-big ass sp-spider..."

"Bow, you jackass! I told you she's afraid of spiders!" Nathan shouted and hugged me to his chest.

Bow peeled himself off the floor with a grown, "Wow. I didn't know she was that afraid. Why would you punch me?"

"What did you think I was gonna do? I come in the door to see you over Lyra and her screaming my name. What the hell is wrong with you?" Nathan growled, holding me tightly.

"Well, for one, I've got a concussion now," He staggered off the floor and I gasped.

Nathan looked at me quickl,y "What??"

"Where's the spider?!" I looked at Bows empty hands.

He shrugged and moved his jaw around carefully. I curled up on Nathan and looked around, "Oh my God, it's loose in this house!!"

Nathan stood up with me in his arms, scowling at Bow, "Find the damned spider and kill it."

Bow looked up at Nathan with a look that said he didn't want to at all.

"Now," Nathan growled and carried me to the living room.

We sat on the couch with me in his lap. "Are you alright?" He asked quietly.

"Yeah, that thing was huge..." I mumbled, slowly relieving my grip on his shirt as I calmed down.

"Ohhh, it could be anywhere..." I frowned and looked at the floor.

"Well I won't let it get you" Nathan smiled. I nodded but stayed on his lap.

"I didn't want to do this, but you leave me no choice..." He mumbled.

"Huh?" I looked at him and stopped searching the floor.

He flipped me over and grabbed my sides. I squealed and started giggling. Squirming under Nathan, I tried to push his hands off, "Stop tickling me!"

He paused and looked down at me with a grin, "There's that smile."

I tried to catch my breath, "You didn't have to tickle me for a smile."

"Sure, but I wanted to tickle you too,"Nathan shrugged. I laughed when he dipped his head and kissed my neck erratically, moving up to my cheek. I giggled and tried to push him away. 

Someone cleared their throat and we stopped for a second. Ally stood with a smile on her face in front of us.

I smiled sheepishly at her, "Hi."

"Do you want to run Maggie home to Jake with me? He left for her favorite ice cream but she's having some bad back pain, so I was just going to take her home," Ally grinned.

"Sure, I'll ride along," I smiled.

"Maggie, let's go!" Ally shouted.

"Okay," Maggie shuffled down the hall.

"You look nice today," I grinned at her, pushing Nathan's chest so he got off me. He reluctantly sat up but held me in his lap. I looked at Maggies cute outfit. Sure it was just a blue tank top and a long, soft skirt that matched, but she looked really good.

She smiled at me and came into the living room, "Awe thanks!"

"Nathan, you gotta let go of me," I chuckled.

"How about no?" He buried his face in the crook of my neck.

"I want to take Maggie-"

We all turned to Maggie when she gasped. I raised an eyebrow as some kind of liquid pooled around her feet and made a very large wet spot on her skirt.

"Is that p-"

"No, my water just broke," Maggie gasped and Nathan looked up quickly "What?!"

"C-call Jake!" Maggie commanded and Nathan dug out his phone.

I jumped off of his lap, "Why didn't you say you were having contractions?"

"They're not that painful yet. They're going to get worse now though," She squeezed her eyes shut in pain. 

"Okay we need to go to the hospital right now!" Ally said and took Maggies arm.

"Jake, meet us at the hospital. What- no! Maggies water broke, you idiot!" Nathan snapped into his phone and hung up.

We helped hurry Maggie outside and into the closest vehicle, which happened to be Nathan's truck. Ally and I piled into the back with her as Nathan climbed into the front. We tore out of the driveway and down the road. Maggie started huffing for breath and groaning when a contraction started.

She squeezed my hand very tightly and I felt like my fingers were about to snap off.

"It's two weeks early..." She panted.

"That's fine hon," I smiled at her and pulled her hair up for her.

As soon as we got to the hospital, I told Nathan to go get a wheel chair. We loaded Maggie up and started towards the sliding doors when a red truck screeched into a parking space beside Nathan's truck.

A very worried Jake jumped out and ran over to us.

"Are you okay?" He asked Maggie hurriedly.

She nodded and pointed at the doors enthusiastically. Jake wheeled her into the waiting room. He explained to a receptionist and they quickly took Maggie to a room.

"Husband only please," A nurse held up her hand and we all sat in some seats.

We sat there for a few hours when the nurse said she'd probably be in labor until later that night. May and Randy were notified, but they said they'd stay home to wait. Jake came out a few times to give us updates.

"Y'all should go home and wait. She's only five centimeters dilated," He said with a small smile.

"I don't know what that means, but are you sure?" Nathan got up and stood in front of Jake.

Jake smiled, "You ain't missing much. This is Lyra's last day anyway, go enjoy it with her."

Nathan grinned at his brother, "If you say so man. I just can't believe you're going to be a dad in a few hours."

Jake grinned excitedly, "I know right! I'm so excited. I'm going back but we'll call when the baby's born alright?"

"Okay."

We waved goodbye to Jake and went home. Dad wouldn't be here for another few hours so I had time to spend with Nathan and Ally.

We ended up ordering a pizza and just plain messing around. We watched a movie and then went to the table. Nathan taught me how to play poker, black jack style.

The dogs started barking and we looked out the window. My dads truck was coming up the drive.
----------------

Imma stop freaking breathing, I've been dying for the next chapter you guys! Too excited to say much.

Vote, comment, share!

-KJ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.8K 69 14
For years, Lyra Rogers had been known as a lost cause, and a dangerous one at that. She had the complete starter pack of a troubled young adult: drop...
199 1 74
This book is a follow on from the blood moon saga but you can also read as a stand alone. Please remember that my characters live in a kill or be kil...
2.3M 17.5K 8
Highest Ranking #1 adultthemes (01/05/19) #1 eroticromance (24/10/2019) #1 adultromance (26/06/2019) #1 sugardaddy (05/08/2019) #1 couple (16/08/2019...
3.1M 106K 46
"You were made for me. And I, for you." His breath is right beside my ear and I tightly shut my eyes closed. He leans down closer. "I was made to lo...