Letters To Edmund |book 1|

Av WonderlandDreaming-

"I'm a child with a sword, playing king." Have you ever been to Narnia? Have you ever seen a train station t... Mer

Prologue
Trailer
Chapter 1. The Library
Chapter 2. Mystery Discovered
Chapter 3. Narnia
Chapter 4. Garden Secrets
Chapter 5. The Book Of Narnia
Chapter 6. The Witch's Curse
Chapter 7. The Ball
Chapter 8. Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This
Chapter 9. Philip
Chapter 10. Love Struck
Chapter 11. War Begins
Chapter 12. Goodbyes
Chapter 13. Dark Prophecies
Chapter 14. Aslan, The Lion
Chapter 15. Writing Is A Gift
Chapter 16. A Letter To A King
Chapter 17. Captives
Chapter 18. To Save A King
Chapter 19. Bread Basket
Chapter 20. Back On The Ship
Chapter 21. Breakfast On The Dawn Treader
Chapter 22. Taking It Slow
Chapter 23. Nightmares
Chapter 24. When A Good Man Goes To War
Chapter 25. Stuck Between War And Silence
Chapter 26.The Spell That Changed It All
Chapter 27. Dreams That Feel Like Reality
Chapter 28. Professor Pevensie
Chapter 29. Remembering Narnia
Chapter 31. High King Peter And Garden Dancing
Chapter 32. Lessons From A Swordsman
Chapter 33. I Hear Them Calling For You
Chapter 34. Death After A Dance
Chapter 35. Strange Creatures
Chapter 36. Coming To Terms With The Kill
Chapter 37. Royal Proposal To A Queen
Chapter 38. Sister Knows Best
Chapter 39. Remember Me When You See Me
Chapter 40. Children
Chapter 41. Purpose
Chapter 42. Keeper Of Darkness
Chapter 43. The Flower
Chapter 44. Found In The Crowd
Chapter 45. Hands
Chapter 46. It's Over, It Is Done
Chapter 47. The Door To Another World
Chapter 48. London Before Narnia
Chapter 49. Promises
Chapter 50. Rebellion
Author's Note

Chapter 30. Beautiful Heart

4K 172 43
Av WonderlandDreaming-

Edmund ran down the steps of Cair Paravel. He was in a rush to see his brother for he finally thought he had a way to save Narnia. His goals have not changed even though his memory faded. Quickly he ran into the throne room and practically fell in front of his brother.

"Ed, are you alright?" Peter asked, startled that his brother made such a scene.

Edmund took a moment to catch his breath, "Pete, I think I found it! I found another way to save Narnia."

Peter already knew what the young man was talking about. It had been a week since Angelina fell asleep and Edmund has been doing nothing but look for a new way to save Narnia. He didn't think twice about her condition even though he did care like a friend, sadly Edmund forgot that he cared a lot more than a friend. Peter, however, tried to do anything in his power to make Edmund remember. He acknowledge that it was cruel of him to separate them. Peter had a theory that it was the white witch who put some sort of spell on Edmund, but what would be the purpose of having him forget her? It wasn't like her destiny depended on whether they were friends.

"Edmund, Angelina will wake up, she will fulfill the prophecy don't worry. You yourself tried to convince me of that when she first arrived." Peter smiled at his brother whose eyes went wide as he talked about his new discovery.

Edmund shook his head, "yes, but what if the keeper of light doesn't wake up!?"

"You never call her by name anymore, why is that?" Peter asked his brother wondering what might have happened for Edmund to forget someone he was such close friends with.

He thought for a moment, "I don't really know, but it doesn't matter as much."

"Look, the bottom line is, she will wake up and she will fulfill the prophecy. How much do you not remember?" Peter asked his brother.

"I remember things, I just don't remember her very well." Edmund looked down at the ground.

Peter put his hand on his brother's shoulder, "do you remember that you are the one who brought her back to the castle and saved her from the trolls?"

Again thinking a little, Edmund remembered, "very vaguely."

Into the room came Lucy, running through the room and pushing Edmund to the side, "Peter! She woke up! She woke up!"

Peter Pevensie ran out of the room with his sister. Instead of following them, Edmund felt strange. His mind wanted to go see the commotion, but his body kept him stationed in the throne room. Not even he understood why. So, he decided to go against this strange instinct that told him to stay away from the keeper of light and followed his brother. It was the first decision that he made, which Edmund felt was his own.

Angelina opened her eyes again and looked around the room to see if she is where she wanted to be. To her satisfaction the room she was in looked medieval so there was hope that she was back in Narnia. Her dream ran through her head and she remembered the old professor Pevensie who looked so lonely and sad. It almost made her feel a melancholy atmosphere around her until she saw the face of Susan Pevensie. The young girl smiled warmly and offered Angelina her hand to stand up.

"Welcome back," Susan hugged her tightly.

"How long was I out?" Angelina asked as the rest of the Pevensies burst into the room.

Lucy quickly ran up to her and embraced her after Susan. Peter smiled and took her hand in his to kiss it. Edmund stood in the doorway looking at the whole scene, not sure if he wanted to approach the strange girl he recognized as the keeper of light.

"Lucy! Peter! Susan! And Edmund." Angelina looked at each of the Pevensies and stopped on Edmund. His expression was foreign to her and she didn't understand the look in his eyes. She was quickly distracted by Caspian who walked in with Johanna and Corrine.

"Welcome back, keeper of light." Caspian bowed in front of Angelina.

She felt a strange cold presence next to her like she did in her dream. Angelina hoped that it was just a flashback sensation and the white witch was not coming back to kill her. Looking at Corrine and Johanna, Angelina smiled. In a way, she did miss them for they were entertaining, especially Johanna. She still had not managed to figure her out, though she knew that the young lady disliked her very much.

"I'm glad to be back," she smiled at Caspian. Angelina couldn't help but look back at Edmund once in a while who did not look back at her. His attention was either on his brother or the window. He treated her so coldly and she didn't understand why.

Lucy started telling her everything she missed and how her and the mice have been training for the upcoming battle, since they almost lost the one that they just fought in. Peter laughed at his little sister and offered to throw a ball for Angelina's return. Everyone told her stories of the new things that happened in Narnia and she felt overwhelmed, not to mention confused by Edmund's behavior. A part of her wanted to ask all of them to leave and question Edmund, but she knew how much her company was needed.

"So much has happened!" Lucy exclaimed and then looked down at the ground sadly.

Susan looked at her sister and then spoke, "I think Angelina needs rest. Besides there are eight of us in the room, that's too many people for one girl who was sleeping for a week to see." Everyone listened to Susan and exited the room. Edmund was the last to exit. He looked back at his sister and Angelina, "welcome back." He gave her a small bow and then left.

"Okay, there is something I need to tell you," Susan locked the door behind him.

Angelina guessed what it was about, "Edmund, what's wrong with him?"

"Let's just say Edmund doesn't remember some things. Specifically, he doesn't remember that he loves you. I guess your curse was to fall asleep for as long as possible and his was to forget." Susan shrugged.

"Curse?" Angelina asked furrowing her eyebrows.

"Yes, we figured that the witch put some kind of a spell on you two with the whole blue smoke and mysterious departure." Susan remembered what happened at the battlefront.

Angelina thought for a moment, "but the witch has no earthly power, she couldn't put a spell."

"Well she must have figured something out." Susan guessed, not thinking that someone in the castle could be the witch's tool for evil.

"Or someone out," Angelina looked down at the ground. She just woke up from a nightmare in which she couldn't remember Edmund and now he can't remember her in real life.

"I think I need a good walk outside, breathe in the fresh air." She stood up and Susan took her by the hand.

"Don't mind him, Edmund has been out of sorts lately." The Pevensie girl tried to encourage her.

For the past few weeks Angelina and Susan had become very close. She told her practically everything, and Susan knew exactly how both Angelina and Edmund felt for each other. Edmund's behavior saddened his sister since she hoped that someone truly worthy of him could finally make him happy. Susan scolded herself for underestimating the witch's power, but how was she to know the plan she had.

Angelina walked around Cair Paravel taking in the sights she had missed so much. Everything was the same, the halls the marble walls and even the dark tunnel that lead to the attic where no on dared to go. She felt like the place whispered bad things to her, but she quickly shook it off. Of course, now since she had seen dark powers she believed in them, but sometimes denying them was the only thing that kept her sane. However, she heard her name being called and turned to the shadows. The whisper was strong and almost calling for her help. Angelina wanted to go into the shadows to turn on Aslan's light and find the person who was calling for her, but she was stopped by a hand that pulled her back when she was about to step to the dark side of the castle.

"Do you want to die?!" The voice exclaimed and pulled her into the arms of someone who she could never forget.

"Edmund," Angelina looked at his brown eyes which looked shocked that she would want to go into the shadows of the dark tower.

"No explanation, keeper of light?" He asked.

Angelina looked back at the shadows, "I heard my name being called, I thought someone needed help."

"Well that's what that place does, calls in its prey. Look, I wouldn't want something to happen to the keeper of light so promise me that you will never try to go into the shadows again." It made her feel good that he was concerned for her, but then she figured that he was probably concerned more for Narnia since she was the keeper of light.

"Right," Angelina took her hand away from his, disappointed by the events of the war. She wanted to do nothing more than finally embrace him and tell him how much she had actually missed him and hear him say the same. However, Edmund didn't look at her the same way. Becoming to him what she feared to be most, just a weapon, Angelina felt a sort of gut cutting pain in her stomach.

Johanna appeared out of nowhere and smiled at Angelina as she walked up to Edmund, "your majesty I need to go into the market today, would you help me?" She smiled at him flirtatiously.

"Of course," Edmund bowed to her and then looked at Angelina who was fading in the distance as she already started to walk away from them.

She hated that Johanna took her chances, she hated that Edmund didn't remember her. Wishing that she had never gone to the battle front, Angelina whispered to herself, "I know I promised that we would take this relationship slow Edmund Pevensie, but this is too slow." She was determined, she was not giving up on the boy who never gave up on her, there was no logical reason for her to. And with that, Angelina let all the pain and hatred go. For she knew that she wouldn't get far if hatred was harbored in her heart.

"What do you think of the keeper of light? She's been acting peculiar. I think that girl has never had to work in her entire life." Johanna tried to ruin Angelina's reputation just a little bit, make her seem unworthy in Edmund's eyes.

Edmund looked back at Angelina, "I don't know. She is the keeper of light, Aslan did choose her for some reason. I think that she can save Narnia, she seems confident enough." He didn't think much of her at first, but her determination to save someone even when they were in the dark part of the castle impressed Edmund. He could see that her heart was pure. The purity in her heart was lighter than the beauty of Johanna's face.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

8.1K 120 21
Diana is the princess of a far away country in the world of Narnia, but since she is the youngest of her siblings she is looked down upon, and even w...
57.5K 1.9K 51
The Pevensie siblings have ruled Narnia for many years. Narnia has entered its Golden Era, filled with peace and prosperity. However, a new threat is...
489K 14.7K 31
"You're not going anywhere, if anything your little boyfriend will just have another seat next to you." Peter threatens. A sharp laugh fell uncontrol...
421K 11.5K 34
EDMUND X READER "Edmund, I... I like you" I confessed. Fiddling with my fingers. My eyes were looking at everything. Anything. Anything but him. "I j...