Trapped | Thomas (On hold)

By soullessbella

He thinks about what I've said before he smiles at me. Not a pained or forced smile but a genuine smile. And... More

✩One✩
✩Two✩
✩Three✩

✩Prologue✩

139 15 31
By soullessbella

Disclaimer: I do not own The Maze Runner, all props go to James Dashner. If I did own it there would be more shirtless Thomas scenes.

•⊱✿•✿⊰•⊱✿•✿⊰•⊱✿•✿⊰•⊱✿•✿⊰•

I awake in darkness.

A blaring alarm was going off making my ears ring. Aware of my surroundings I take notice of the cold metal I am laying on. I try to stand up but the movement of the metal box I am in made me fall back down. I pull my legs to my chest tightly trying hard to ignore the pain I feel from falling down. Slowly I use the wall to try and stand again, this time with success. I desperately try to remember something, anything but nothing comes to mind. I have no idea where I am or who I am.

I sit back down wrapping my arms around me trying to get warm. I feel a drop wetness on my arm and I touch my face and realize I am crying. Wiping away the tears I stand back up and start pounding on the walls trying to find a way out. With no luck I close my eyes trying to remember my name. What the heck is my name? I press my hands to my ears trying to block out some of the noise and thought for a while. Then like a lightbulb turning on, my name comes to me. My name is Rosalie, I thought. That is the only thing I can remember. How is that even possible? Surely I have more than a name. I remember facts about everyday stuff, but no memories about who I am or where I came from. For the first time since I awoke I decide to test out my voice.

"My name is Rosalie." I whisper to myself. My voice sounds raspy, probably from the lack of use. "Hello?" I call out desperately hoping someone would answer me and let me out. Knowing it was no use I decide to sit down and wait for whatever was to come my way.

After what seemed like forever, the box lurched to a stop. I stand up, leaning against a wall trying to decide if I should hide or stay where I was. I choose to hide behind one of the wooden boxes in case whoever was out there wasn't friendly. A groaning noise came from the top of the box and a sliver of light poured in. The light continued to pour in blinding my eyes. All of a sudden the the top of the box was completely open and I hear voices.

"Where the shuck is the greenie?"

"Don't be a klunk head! Get down there and shucking look!" Someone dropped into the box and I knew it was only a matter of time before they found me. A million thoughts enter my head. Are they going to hurt me or help me? Looking around I quietly pick up a metal pole that was leaning on the wooden crate. Slowly standing up with the pole in my hand I decide to say something.

"Who are you?" I ask. I look up at the person noticing it was a boy. His jaw dropped and his eyes widened in surprise. "I said who are you?"

He looked at me in shock and said "You're a bloody girl!"

"No really? I thought I was a fish," I say sarcastically.

"Newt what the shuck is taking so long?" A deeply irritated voice said.

"The greenie is a girl!" The boy whose name I now know was Newt said. Silence erupted once he said that.

It felt like a couple minutes when it really was only a couple seconds later when a voice spoke "Bring her up then we ain't got forever."

Newt came over to me and said "Come on we won't hurt you." He held out his hand and I dropped the pole and took his hand in mine. Suddenly a rope was thrown down and Newt caught it. He wrapped it around us and gave them the ok to hoist us up. A darker skinned boy held out his hand so I could stand up.

As soon as I was up I looked around seeing around fifty boys in all shapes and sizes. Some of them glared at me. Then some others started wolf whistling. Then came the comments.

"Is that a girl?"

"I call dibs."

"Shuck she's hot."

Another random boy reached out to touch me. Before he could lay a finger on me I slap his hand away.

"She's one feisty shank."

"Enough!" Shouted the darker skinned boy and everyone stopped talking. "Get back to work!" He yelled. 

Once everyone except Newt and him were gone he spoke "The names Alby greenie. Do you remember your name?"

I look up at him keeping a straight face and say "Yes my name's Rosalie." He looked surprised that I could speak, probably thought I was mute or something. "Where am I? What am I doing here? What the heck is a greenie?" The questions poured out of my mouth like a waterfall.

"All questions will be answered after the tour." Alby stated with an annoyed look on his face. Then Alby hands me a bag.

"What's this?" I say.

" It came up in the box for you. It's girl stuff." Alby says.

Alby walked away after telling Newt to find me a place to sleep and to get me some food. "Let's find you a place to sleep yeah?" I nod my head and follow him. He leads me to this building he called the Homestead. "You'll be sleeping in this room since we don't want any incidents to occur." Newt said as he walked into a small room.

"Okay thank you." I say in a quiet voice. He nods and walks out signaling for me to follow him.

"Hey Newt, how old do you think I am and what do I look like?" I ask curiously.

He looks at me and says "You look about sixteen to me and you have dark brown hair and hazel eyes. You're also really pale and kinda tall." I take in what he says, imagining what I look like. We continue walking in silence after that.

Newt leads me to shack that had tables outside of it. All of the boys were eating what looks like chicken and potatoes. "Hey Frypan! Meet the new greenie." Newt yelled. I turn around and faced a boy with dark skin and facial hair.

"Hi, I'm Frypan! Welcome to the glade." He spoke with kindness. I decide that I like him already.

"Hello I'm Rosalie." I smile at him.

"Can you fix the greenie and I a plate?" Newt asks.

"Sure thing!" He turns around and grabs two plates. Then he puts some chicken and potatoes on them as well.

Newt takes the plates from Frypan and says a quick thanks. He leads me to a table and hands me my plate. "So greenie how do you like it here so far?" He says with a mouth full of chicken.

"I don't know I mean I haven't been around long enough really." I say while looking down at my food.

"It gets better. The first week is always the hardest." He says with honesty lacing his voice.

While we eat three people come to join us. I recognize Alby from earlier, then there's a short chubby little kid with curly brown hair, next to him is a buff looking asian dude.

"Hey you really weren't kidding when you said the greenies a girl." The buff dude says to Alby.

"Hi! I'm Chuck!" The curly haired boy exclaims.

"Hello I'm Rosalie." I say to them.

"I'm your future husband, Minho." The buff dude says whose name I now know is Minho.

"Hi I'm the person that won't be afraid to kick you where it hurts if you say something like that to me again." I say in an exaggerated sweet voice, while giving an innocent smile.

He looks at me with an amused expression and holds his hands up to surrender. "Hm I like you already. You're almost as sarcastic and sassy as I am."

I roll my eyes at his response and say "Yeah I established that when you told me your name." This time it's him who rolls his eyes.

"Minho shut your face and leave the greenie alone!" Alby says with his stern voice.

The rest of the dinner went by quickly. We all listened to Chuck talk on and on about who knows what. I only spoke when spoken to, not really in the mood for a conversation. "Alright I think it's time for everyone to get some sleep." Newt says yawning. We all agree and pick up our plates and give them to Frypan who washes and puts them away.

"Goodnight Rosalie!" Chuck says with his happy and cheerful expression. I smile at him and say goodnight back.

"Night greenbean." Minho says. Alby bids us all a goodnight and leaves with Minho.

"Goodnight greenie see you tomorrow." Newt says with a kind smile and leaves with Chuck. I walk to the Homestead and go up the creaky stairs to my room.

I grab the bag I left on my bed and empty the contents. I look at them and see two other shirts and one pair of cargo pants. Next I see one pair of pajamas. There's also a hairbrush, hair ties and underwear. I put all of the contents back in the bag except for the pajamas. Taking off my gross clothes I put on the soft clean pajamas. Then I take out the hairbrush and brush out my long hair. After I finish I put it back in the bag and climb onto my makeshift bed. I pull the covers over me and think about the events that have taken place today. Eventually darkness takes over me and once more I fall into a deep sleep.
•⊱✿•✿⊰•⊱✿•✿⊰•⊱✿•✿⊰•⊱✿•✿⊰•

Alright so here's the prologue to my fanfic Trapped. I hope you enjoyed reading it and there's more to come.
The song at the top is called Dreams by Imagine Dragons in case anyone was wondering.
Rosalie is played by Lucy Hale because she's Queen
Rosalie is also the greenie after Chuck and Thomas will come later.
Anyway please vote, comment and enjoy my first fanfic.

          From yours truly, Bella

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

80K 5.6K 25
Story starts from current track....where everyone blames Abhira for not telling Chaaru's affairs to them .... Then everyone scolded her including arm...
645K 14.4K 42
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
360K 10.9K 89
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
108K 6K 38
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐢'𝐝 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬 𝐮𝐩 𝐚 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲? 𝐢 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐤𝐞𝐞𝐩 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 �...