MINE!!!! (Book 2 of the MINE...

By SleeplessInChicago

Kevin Forman is Logan's best friend. He died and was brought back to life. He's a funny smart ass werewolf, b... More

MINE!!!! (Book 2 in the Mine series) [SAMPLE]
Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Chapter 1

45.2K 598 43
By SleeplessInChicago

Chapter One

The sound of the whip cracking through the air rebounded off the walls once more. At this point, Alexandria did not even cringe before the lash cut through her skin once more. The smell of fresh blood infused the air this time. Thankfully, all her nerve endings had been severed from their body long ago. "Make me your mate." Came the snarling request before another crack of the whip pierced the air. She held back a scream when the lash made contact with the delicate skin of her face. "Make me your mate, you little bitch." Holy hell, she had not counted on him hitting her face.

There was no room for a retreat into her mind. Destiny had long ago occupied that haven. It had been months now since Alexandria had talked to her human. The pain and agony of this torture had been too much for her to handle. The frail human was now at her breaking point. How much time had passed?

The only apparent thing on her mind was the fact that she would fail her part of the mission. Alexandria was part of a group, an elite group that would save humanity from itself and the threat of The Dark One. Somehow, the task must have changed. It had been clear from the start that the possibility of that happening existed. She had yet to hear from her superiors.

Another lash sliced through her skin. This time, it cut through her back. "I must say, you are running out of time bitch. It has been nearly two years now, and I have grown tired of all this insolence. Luckily the shield seems to be growing weak; as weak as you are. Soon, very soon. That little body will be mine. I plan to fuck you into submission." The snarl came once more as his hands reaching out trying to grab her. "Fuck, this shit is still painful, but it gets tolerable every day. I will have you soon enough and be assured. When I do, death will be the only thing that will save you."

Little did he know, they had prayed for death a long time ago, he was right about one thing though? Her shield indeed was weakening. That is the only reason he was able to hurt them with the whip. It would not be much longer before it failed them. She would not be able to keep him from ravishing her human, Destiney's body. The only saving grace was that the moment her shield failed, they would both die. Alexandria tried to smile at the thought of her captors' expression when it finally happened. The pull from the gash across her face nearly had her passing out from pain. It took the remainder of her strength to keep her shield up and stay awake.

She endured seven more whips before he finally exhausted himself and left. Then and only then did Alexandria give way to the flood of emotions filling her frail beaten body. She had failed, if her calculations were correct. Death was looming close, and she would welcome it with open arms.

~*~*~*~*~

Somewhere in the Werewolf Realm....

Divinity found himself once again called before the Great Alpha. "The pack seems ready to fulfill the second part of the mission. I fear Alexandria may be losing her human as well as her life Divinity. It will be up to the pack to save her. She will not ask to get pulled from the mission since Alexandria has bonded with her human and will refuse to let her die alone."

Divinity tried not to cringe as the images flashed before his eyes. The weak human had suffered immensely. He was unable to comprehend why humans were allowed to choose their path. They seem to be a very fickle breed, always doing things on a whim; never giving thought to the consequences. It was not his job to judge, only to follow orders. In this case, they consisted of visiting Alexandria.

~*~*~*~

Back On Earth.

Kevin was sitting in front of his house, contemplating life and the intense new need he was feeling. He wanted what his friend Logan had, a mate. Never before had the thought entered his mind. After an hour Kevin made his way inside and was once again hit with the realization that nothing had changed.

Everything was as his mother left it on the night they died two years ago. He still had no answer for the cause of their deaths.

He recalled the strange mind-link his father had sent that night 'Kevin, we love you,' was all he'd said. There had been nothing left of their body's. The fire had been so hot that only rubble and ashes were left. What were the odds that they would get hit by a fuel truck? All he had left, were two empty graves the pack had erected for him to visit.

After wiping the tears from his eyes. Kevin got ready for bed and once again relived the events of that night. Every time the dream came. He would ask himself the same question. "Would they still be alive, if I had gone with them?" He would never get an answer to his question.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

165K 6.6K 38
"I want you." With a touch as light as a feather, Cillian hooked a thick finger under her chin to get a better look at her face. "Look at me." Slowly...
191K 4.6K 34
What do you do when your whole life you are being bred to serve someone else? What do you do when you are finally bought and you have the perfect lif...
8.8K 882 71
At Middleton High, the girls can't help but fawn over the "Cloud Nine Dream Buffet", or the ever-so-gorgeous McNeill brothers. Between three best fr...
470K 7.7K 24
Catherine has no reason to live but she's living. She's one of her kind after everything was taken from her. A young woman of a few words,yet she sti...