Marcel

By _smilelikeniall

My name's Marcel. Nerd. Poet. Teenage Loser. You think you know the real me, but you don't. I wish you could... More

Marcel
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Pease read, not a chapter
IM SO SORRY
Chapter 19 FINALLY
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Not an update, I'm sorry
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Just to Clarify
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
10M CONTEST!!!
Contest Winners
Chapter 45
Epilogue
NEW FANFIC
Announcement!
ANNOUNCEMENT
RTF IS OUT!

Chapter 33

426K 11.1K 3.1K
By _smilelikeniall

Marcel's POV

Today's the day. I'm finally going home. I can't wait to finally be home!

This week definitely helped a lot though. I feel happier now, and I think I'll stay this way. Hopefully. I haven't had any bad thoughts about myself the past few days either, which is good. I hope they don't return though.

I'm looking out the window, waiting for my mom to pull up. Ellie is standing beside me, but she's looking at me. I'm trying not to notice. I think she likes me, but I'm not sure. I'm not used to this kind of stuff. It makes me feel happy and weird and confused all at once. It's odd that girls are now taking notice in me. But Cami's still mine, and I'm still hers.

I almost don't notice my mom pull up. I wait inside for her since I can't leave until she checks me out. I walk over to the doorway and wait patiently.

My mom walks inside and hugs me tightly.

“Marcel,” she says, “I missed you so much!” She's crying now and swaying side to side while squishing me in the hug.

I laugh, “Mom, it was just a week. But stop crying before I do!”

She unconnects from the hug and wipes her eyes, “I'm sorry, I just missed you so much!” She hugs me once more.

“Moooommm.”

“Sorry. Oh my gosh, you look so different. Have you gotten taller? You've definitely gotten taller. Has that freckle always been there? Your boots are hideous, we're going to buy new ones later. I missed you so much!” She rambles on and on. She's probably said how much she missed me at least twenty times. I just laugh at her, I wonder if all moms are like this.

“I missed you too, Mom. Now, c'mon, I want to go home,” I say, grabbing her hand.

She signs all the papers and I'm free to go. She starts asking a bunch of questions before we're even out the door. I begin walking outside, and I notice Cami leaning against the car. She's here!

I drop my suitcase and run over to her. She runs too with open arms and a wide smile. I lift her up and hug her tightly. Having her back made me realize just how much I missed her. She looks down at me and leans in for a kiss.

And let me tell you, that was the best kiss yet.

She smiles widely and I put her down, hugging her once more.

“I missed you!” we both say together, causing us to laugh.

“Is Marcel the Star still there?” I ask her, holding both her hands.

She nods, “I said goodnight to him every night.”

“Now you get to say goodnight to the real Marcel from now.”

She kisses me quickly again, “I'm so glad you're back.”

I see Ellie still standing in the window, “I'll be right back. I, uh, I forgot something.”

I run inside and walk over to Ellie. She looks over at me with sad eyes.

“I found your answer. Love is indescribable. It's a whirlwind of emotions. You'll experience it someday, I promise,” I lift up her hand and kiss her wrist, “Maybe I'll see you again, hopefully not under these circumstances.” I lightly hug her. She hesitates at first, but finally hugs me back.

“Thank you, Marcel,” she whispers into my shoulder.

I slowly unconnect from the hug, she seems sad.

“Bye, Ellie.”

“Bye, Marcel...”

*

My mom, Cami, and I are at a restaurant to celebrate my coming home. It was only a week, they're acting like it was a month. I guess they're just happy that I'm alright.

“School was horrible without you,” Cami says as she bites into her pizza.

“I'm sure it couldn't have been that bad!” I say.

“It was. But there was one good thing...”

“What was that?”

“Oh, uh, I, um, I aced a Spanish test we took last week.”

“That's great!” I feel like she's hiding something. She didn't have a Spanish test last week, I least I don't think she did... She wouldn't hide something from me, would she? I don't think she would anyways.

When we're done, Cami and I went to my studio. I needed to see it. I've never not gone a week without it before. I'm sitting on the piano bench just playing random things, and Cami is sitting on the couch.

“Was it bad?” she asks me, coming to sit beside me on the piano bench.

I stop playing and turn to her, “In the beginning, I'll admit, it was bad. I felt like I was being inspected by all the doctors and therapists. I didn't like sharing my feelings either, it felt weird. We had to sit in a circle and share our stories. But then it felt good, I was letting it out. And all the other people were struggling too, so they understood what I was going through. No one as there to judge you, you could just get your feelings out...”

“That's good... Who was the girl you hugged before we left? She seemed sad...”

“That's Ellie. I think she liked me...” I say, blushing.

“Oooo la la. Someone likes Marcel,” she says, leaning her head into my shoulder.

“Stop,” I say giggling.

“You're turning into such a ladies man! My gosh!”

“I would never. I have you and that's all I need.”

“Good, because you're all I need.”

“Cami,” I say quietly, “I've been thinking the past week... How I was judged by how I looked... Why'd you even talk to me in the first place?”

“You seemed nice. And I wanted to be your friend because I wanted to know more about you. You seem interesting...”

“So you judged me by looks too, just the opposite from everyone else?”

“No, I saw you get pushed down in the hall that first day. And I felt bad and wanted to get to know you. And then we became friends. And then I fell for you... Then the kiss cam and I thought you didn't like it like I did. But you did,” she says, smiling, “And I love you for who you are now and who you were when I first met you. I don't care if you have glasses or a high pitched voice. Even though I must say you're quite attractive now, but you were before too. I'd still love you without all this. You are you and that's the best you can be.”

“Why'd you fall for me?”

“I fell in love with you for you. Mostly your personality, because that's the best part about you. Your kindness and intelligence. The way you think things through. And when you're concentrated, your eyebrows furrow together and you bite your lip. Your cute laugh that shows off your nice smile and your dimple. And your voice is amazing and I can easily love someone who can sing and play guitar. Everything about you is perfect. You're the best I could ask for.”

“I'm no where near perfect.”

“You're the closest to perfection out of everyone I know.”

“Yeah, right,” I kiss her gently, “I love you. Thank you.”

She smiles and kisses me again, “No need to thank me. Just telling the truth.”

That night, I looked closely at myself in the mirror. I'm trying to find what Cami loves. I guess I'm not as ugly as I thought. My nose is too big and I hate my dimples and my skin. But I'll learn to love them. I'll learn to love myself.

“I am smart,” I say to myself in the mirror, “I am kind. I'm a good singer. I like my hair.”

I tell myself the only compliments I believe are true. Those four compliments are a start to a more confident me. I'll add one on whenever I can, and I'll repeat these to myself every night.

I'm going to be the best Marcel I can be.

DO YOU HEAR ME SCREAMING?! THIS GOT TO #1 ON FANFICTION ALL THANKS TO YOU AMAZING PEOPLE. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. THANK YOU. I CAN'T THANK YOU ENOUGH. AND THANK YOU TO ALL THE WELL WISHES. MOST OF YOU WERE VERY SWEET AND UNDERSTANDING, THANK YOU SO MUCH.

I LOVE YOU ALL THANK YOU FOR READING. <3 I'LL THINK OF SOMETHING FOR YOU GUYS AS A GIFT FOR GETTING ME TO #1. <3

Instagram: 1delicioussss and delicatedreams

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

566K 20.3K 75
Marcel Styles is your average nerd. But beneath the nerd, there's a heart. A heart that just wants to be loved. Ember Rockmore is your average tee...
1.3K 109 36
EXCERPT: I scoffed and waved my hands in the air dramatically in ickiness. Eeww it Smells like tuna!!!! I gagged and looked up. MARCEL HARRY STYLES "...
10 0 10
This is a fictionalized story from the month from hell for me......when Jenny met Marcel she didn't think that she was going to be seduced and abused...
93.1K 3K 34
My name is Marcel Styles.I'm just an average kid. Well, not really. I'm a nerd. A loser. No one cares about me. Maybe just my mom... That is until th...