Terminal (Terminal trilogy #1)

By Crow-caller

A demon decides to leave Hell but is really, really bad at it. Terminal is about Mannie Ávila, an egotistical... More

Landing
Character list
1: Off day
2: Deeper down
3: Meet cute
4: Bookside
5: Even in death
6: Libra
Map of Hell [Bonus chap]
7: Goner
8: Fourth horse
9: Again
10: Harpist
11: Blood on the walls
12: Coursing
13: Constant confinement
14: Revered return
15: Holy dread
16: Conversion
17: Okay
18: Burial at sea
19: Aimless morning gold
20: Heavensent
21: Pretty boy
22: Try hard
23: Gardener
24: Greenhouse
25: Homecoming
26: Higher beings
27: October, still
28: And later

Let's learn Angelic! [Bonus chap]

44 2 0
By Crow-caller

WELCOME.... To something dumb and fun.

Writing with angelic characters is simple and easy- they mimic english ones pretty closely. The green and purple are examples of words written out- angelic is very wild looking, and tends to merge. The green says MICHAEL! But Archangel Michael, in truth, has a much longer name in Angelic....

Michael the Great Eternal Wise All-Seeing Eldest Powerful and Majestic.... ORRRRRR....

Michael eh magnus, Aeternus, Sophos, omnituens, primogenitus, potens, et magnificus.

He just likes to sound important.

Anyway! Angelic isn't just a written language. It's spoken, and spelled, in its own way...

Do you know Latin? No?? Yes??? Well, no matter the answer, you don't know angelic. It's a very bastardized version of latin, essentially stripped for easiness, and based on english. If you don't know anything about latin, I actually have a book up called 'Let's Learn Latin!' which is a very simple introduction.

But anyone can speak angelic! Even with google translate, once you know the basics of latin, you are GAME.

For example, hello. In latin, it's salve. So it's the same in angelic, simple as that.

The first example is simply wrong- the correct written angelic is the second one.

It's only with sentences things get weird. Latin doesn't follow sentence order- english relies entirely on words being in the right places. Angelic does too.

So latin:

Hello, boy. I am here, and I kill friends.

Salve, puer. Hic sum, et amici neco

By word order, the above is HELLO, BOY. HERE I AM, AND FRIENDS I KILL.

Which isn't very far off, but depending on the sentence, a lot can be lost. Latin relies on cases, declensions, and a lot of fancy stuff to tell people exactly what you're talking about. But those cases- there's a lot of cases- are haaaaard.

So Angelic, being a lazy language, skips on that.

The above is simply, in angelic:

Salve, puer. Sum hic, et neco amici.

(hello, boy. I-Am here, and I-kill friends) (note latin verbs contain pronouns so sum=I am, neco=I kill)

There's still a few basic latin rules angelic obeys, such as verb conjugation. And there's little things, like angelic's more common use of pronouns (he/she/they=illa/ille/illud), the fact they DO have a sort of a/the which latin lacks- a sound, 'eh'- and again, totally wild abandon of cases. But I think going into details would be boring to most.

Check out my book on basic latin, learn the simples, and you too can make basic Angelic!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.9K 2.9K 31
On angel wings he hauls you into hell where his master waits. Can you escape their clutches? Or will you lose your soul to the flames? You're a norma...
70 0 18
Ozzi Esteves is a witty, headstrong young woman who is mourning her murdered grandfather. Lost in her grief and truly desperate, she strikes a deal w...
1.2M 15.4K 50
Attention: NOT FOR GRAMMAR FREAKS, I REPEAT, NOT FOR GRAMMAR FREAKS or people who likes to correct mistakes. Sorry but it just ruins my fun to write...
107K 3.8K 66
This book is in the process of being edited, so if you see something that doesn't make sense. Just know it's being fixed!✨ ~ ~ ~ ~ Demons have had...