Sweetest Devotion

By CruelSummerTime

Karlie is a young dancer trying to fulfill her dream in Los Angeles, where she lives with her best friend Car... More

1. The castings
2. Karlie Kloss
3. First day
4. Rehearsals
5. The Party
6. Real Talks
7. Getting closer
8. The Spot
9. Premiere
10. Nashville
11. This is starting
12. Tokyo
13. Things like us
14. Ed Sheeran
15. New Normality
16. Be happy
17. Are you really sure?
18. Date
19. Baby steps
20. Birthday girl
21. The Party
22. I love you?
23. Time apart
24. Valentines Day
25. Klossy problems
26. Running Away
27. Big gestures
28. Rhode Island
29. Really?
30. The night
31. Hungover
32. Consequences and fears
34. Move in?
35. Europe
36. Epilogue

33. St. Louis Show

4K 140 42
By CruelSummerTime

It seemed unreal how good Karlie and Taylor's relationship was. They spent a quiet day in New York after their important talk. After the Guggenheim museum and a quiet walk through Central Park they decided to go back to the apartment. At first they were unnoticed by the people around them but with the pass of the minutes it was more common that people stared at them or asked Taylor a selfie or just and autograph. Karlie didn't have a problem with fans, they were actually really nice. Karlie had understood why Taylor's relationship with her fans were so genuine and so different from other singers, she was a friend for them. She had even saw how Taylor spent hours on Tumblr talking with them and giving advice for every situation they were living. That was probably the reason that they accepted KArlie so well because the singer had told them how happy she was and that means that her fans liked Karlie. It was like when Cara started dating Kendall, the fact that the english girl was happy made her happy. However they decided to go back to the apartment because they ran into some paparazzi who then decided to follow them. After so many months she had learned how to deal with them because Taylor taught her. Basically the main rule was ignore them, no matter what they said, usually wear sunglasses and if she was in the mood gave them a cute small smile so they would stop yelling at them.

They decided to order some Japanese food and watched a movie on the living room with the cats. Karlie had to admit that apartment was really cozy and she had missed being there but she didn't say it out loud, she knew Taylor would get too excited about the idea of Karlie moving there. Tree called Taylor at night to yelled at her a little, she was supposed to be sick, that was the reason why she had canceled her interviews so being photographed by paparazzi in New York was a messy problem. Karlie knew that Taylor was feeling guilty because when it came to work she was really discipline and Karlie knew that it was her fault, if it weren't for her Taylor wouldn't have been in that situation. She tried to cheer her up making stupid jokes and playing with the cats what it seemed to change her mood a little but Karlie decided to take another direction when she suggested a massage which ended with them on the bedroom under the sheets naked.

After that quiet day everything became really intense. The break for the Grammys meant that now they had shows almost every night and Taylor always did promo during the mornings so they didn't have as much time as they had lately. Tree seemed to be more relaxed around Karlie, even when she knew that Taylor, her client was making a decision just for girlfriend, but she had learnt to deal with those kind of reactions. Karlie used that time to be with Cara a lot again, the thought of moving with Taylor in a next future make her want even more to spend time with her best friend, it was stupid, she was still going to talk and see her but she needed to deal with the pressure somehow. The idea of moving together was in her mind more than she actually wanted since that day in New York and not just that, Taylor had spread the concern about the future in her. She knew that the tour was great for her resume and she would have a lot of job opportunities but she wasn't really sure about what she wanted. Another tour meant being away on the road for at least another year, the same year that Taylor would start her break and they wouldn't see each other as much. A ballet company was a good idea too but since she started working for Taylor she hadn't done a lot of ballet either so she felt she wasn't on her best shape to apply for it. A lot of doubts were haunting her but luckily for her Taylor was the only thing she hadn't had a doubt for a while.

They did seven shows before a special one that Karlie and Taylor had been waiting for too long time, St. Louis. Karlie's sisters were going all the weekend to the city so they could spend it together, not only for the concert. Even all the press and busy schedule Taylor had experience lately didn't get her as nervous as she was when she thought about that weekend. She had agreed to go with her girlfriend a couple of days before the concert so they could be with the family but after the last time it was inevitable that the doubts grew up inside her. She knew that Karlie would defend her this time if something like the last time happened but she really wanted to like her parents. She didn't want awkward birthdays parties or making Karlie chose between her family or her when an important holiday arrive. Karlie avoided to think about that topic but when the moment arrived it was inevitable that the images of the last argument because of the paparazzi took control of her body.

Karlie and Taylor were packing their suitcases in Sacramento in silence. The day had finally arrived and they were both irremediable nervous. Taylor finished first, it was normal thing because she tend to be more orderly than Karlie when it came to her things. She was laying on the bed watching Karlie go back and forth around the room until she finally closed her suitcase and sat on the bed defeated. She turned to look at Taylor who was petting Olivia while Meredith laid by her side. She could see in Taylor's moves and eyes she was nervous and not feeling really confident like she usually appeared.

-Everything is ready- Karlie said with a half smile.

-I will text my security to let them know they can come to pick everything and we can go- Taylor said grabbing her phone.

-You don't seem really excited- Karlie said with a trace of disappointment on her voice.

-Well last time I saw your parents wasn't exactly easy- Taylor said being honest, they couldn't avoid talking about it anymore.

-I know- Karlie said, thinking about what to say next to make that situation better.

-And I'm pretty sure they hate me even more now because I'm keeping you from them every break you have- Taylor said sitting against the headboard.

-Don't say that- Karlie protested crawling to approach her.

-Your parents aren't my biggest fans so... I prefer to think that and not get disappointed when I saw how they react to my presence- Taylor said, not keeping for her what she had feared the last few days.

-They don't hate you Tay I promise- Karlie said holding her hands.

-But...

-Look I know last time it was rough and complicated as hell but it's been a while since that Taylor and I promise you that my parents even ask how are you when I talk with them- Karlie interrupted before Taylor could protest one more time.

-Really?- Taylor asked surprised, she always tried to give Karlie space when she talked with her parents so that was news to her.

-Really- Karlie said smiling looking straight into her blue eyes -We've been dating for like... more than a year right?

-Fourteen months, two weeks and...

-Stop because if you say the minutes and hours it would be creepy- Karlie interrupted her, it could be cute how Taylor said those kind of things but she also wanted to avoid thinking that they been together for so long.

-Sorry- Taylor blushed.

-My parents know that you are not going anywhere and I'm not breaking up with you either- Karlie said kissing her cheek lovingly -I'm pretty sure that my sisters have told them how happy I am too so they accept you, but it's the same as the last time, it's not their lifestyle so it takes them a little bit when they saw you but I really promise that they don't hate you, they have understood my decision and they are happy if I am happy, so don't worry ok?

-You know me babe it's impossible for me not to worry- Taylor reminded her.

-I know but I'm going to be there, this time I'm not leaving you alone with them- Karlie promised her with a big genuine smile.

-Thanks god but I hope that nothing happens- Taylor said rolling her eyes.

-And my sisters are on your side too, you know they adore you- Karlie said, it had become a frequent situation when Karlie was Face timing one of her sisters and Taylor appeared on the room joining them for a while and helping her to feel closer to Karlie's family.

-And I adore them!- Taylor smiled.

-Kimby is so cute when you talk about Ed when I'm face timing her- Karlie laughed, remembering how her sister blushed every time.

-Oh god! I didn't tell something important!- Taylor suddenly remembered.

-What?- Karlie asked curiously.

-It was last minute and you were sleep last night- Taylor tried to justify what she hadn't told her anything sooner.

-Can you tell me now what happens?- Karlie asked trying to keep her patience.

-Ed is coming to St. Louis tomorrow and he's going to perform with me- Taylor finally announced.

-Oh god Kimby is going to freak out- Karlie said covering her mouth with her hands.

-I know! It's amazing right?- Taylor said proudly of her arrangement with her best friend -he promised me to sing on my tour and I thought that St. Louis would be perfect since Kimby is coming too he didn't hesitate when I told him about her being there.

-She's going to adore you even more- Karlie said hugging Taylor by surprise.

-I know- Taylor laughed.

-So Ed and Kimby are like something serious? She really avoid talking about them with me, do you know something? Has Ed told you anything?- Karlie asked breaking the embrace and wanting to know what was really happening between them.

-Well Ed is really happy, they talk every minute of the day and when he can he goes to visit her- Taylor explained, Ed had told her how he felt about Kimby long before -I mean they are not dating like you and I but I'm pretty sure that as soon as he's done with his tour and your sister is on vacation they are going to be an item.

-So... can we double date with them?- Karlie asked thinking about how she could tease her sister for that.

-Is Karlie Kloss actually proposing a double date?- Taylor said bursting of laughs -who would have thought that you hated a simple date remember?

-Very funny- Karlie said wryly -I'm serious! I'm her big sister I need to check her and see how he acts around her to give my approval.

-He's the best guy ever Karlie- Taylor assured her.

-Taylor- Karlie protested with a pout.

-Stop, I'm warning you I don't want any jealousy with him this weekend, he's here for your sister not for me- Taylor warned her very seriously.

-Whatever, I still want to watch him with Kimby around- Karlie said avoiding the topic and the warning.

-I'm sure we can go out with them for a double date if you're gonna be happier- Taylor said trying to light the mood.

-Perfect- Karlie accepted.

-You're very protective with your sisters do you know it?- Taylor asked getting up when she heard a knock on the door, probably her security.

-They've told me that a couple of times- Karlie laughed also getting up to handle the suitcase to the guys. 

They left the room couple of minutes later to go to the car, making a last stop to floors under her own to knock on Cara's room. The english girl was also going with them to St. Louis to spend time with Karlie's family. She had lived with Cara for four years so it was pretty normal that Karlie introduced her to her family when sometimes they had gone to visit her in LA. Cara's relationship with Karlie's sisters was really good, she had even gone to a party in Chicago with Karlie when she visited Kimby. Karlie was pretty excited to have the people she loved the most in the same place for a couple of days. The security drove them to the airport where Taylor's jet was already waiting for them. They had just took off when Cara started playing with the cats while Taylor worked on her computer, it was then when Karlie remembered why Ed was going to St. Louis too that weekend.

-What song are you going to sing with Ed?- Karlie asked getting both Taylor and Cara's attention.

-Ed? Ed is coming this weekend too?- Cara asked excited.

-Yes, he will be a special guest on the show- Taylor explained.

-Oh god kimby has to be on cloud nine- Cara laughed, knowing what was going on between her and Ed because Karlie had told her their story.

-It's a surprise actually- Karlie warned her, she didn't want Cara spoiling the surprise the moment they arrive- so... the song?

-We haven't decided it yet but Tenerife Sea it's a strong choice- Taylor announced, she had talked with Ed about a couple of songs but that seemed to be the perfect one.

-Tenerife Sea? Really? Are you going to sing a song about Ed in love with you in front of my sister?- Karlie said, trying to justify her own feelings with Kimby being there.

-Ed was in love with you?- Cara asked looking at both girls back and forth, KArlie had never told her that because it was part of Taylor's life, not hers.

-Karlie for the last time, Ed is sort of dating Kimby so stop the jealousy and I really love that song and I think it's perfect for the set, don't read too much about it- Taylor said ignoring Cara's question.

-Whatever- Karlie said crossing her arms.

-Stop being so grumpy- Taylor warned her again, she didn't want the trip to start that way -maybe you should think I'm singing that song to you and he's singing it to Kimby ok?

-That sounds better than the real thought- Karlie mumbled.

-Karlie I'm here ok? I'm not going anywhere and it seems like Ed isn't going anywhere either so get over those jealous because if you don't Christmas dinners are going to be weird as fuck- Taylor joked trying to light the mood, she looked at Cara trying to get some help too.

-Oh god can you imagine all of you at your house in st. Louis for Christmas? It would be so much fun! Can I go with Kendall?- Cara asked.

-You can but you have to admit that a Christmas dinner in the Kardashian family has to be curious- Karlie laughed giving up her attempt to be annoyed.

The three of them burst of laugh just thinking about the situation, Karlie quickly forgetting about Tenerife Sea and falling asleep with her head on Taylor's shoulder. The jet was big enough to sleep more comfortable on another seat but for Karlie it had become pretty normal to sleep in that position, Taylor's breathing matching hers before she fell asleep felt really calming. Meanwhile Cara wanted to know what had happened with Ed to make Karlie react that way for a song so Taylor answered all her questions until the english girl understood Karlie. Even if Ed was with Kimby, the idea of losing Taylor seemed heartbreaking for her.

Taylor woke up Karlie slowly with a sweet kiss on her forehead when they were about to land in St. Louis because she needed the young girl to put her seatbelt on. Taylor had insisted to stay at an hotel because she didn't want to bother with her presence again and because Cara was staying at the Kloss house too but Karlie refused that idea the minute she heard it. She actually even talked with her mother on the phone to be sure that everything was ok with Taylor staying there because she didn't want another argument like the last time and Tracy accepted without a doubt which surprised even Karlie, maybe after all they completely accepted Taylor.

A rental car for the security team was waiting for them at the front door of the airport to take them to the house. Karlie couldn't help but smile when she saw through the window so many familiar places that she had missed, going back home always was nostalgic for her and with Taylor by her side even more because she realized how her life had changed, for the better. She turned to look at her girlfriend who was seat beside her with both hands over her laps, playing with her rings nervously.

-Ready?- Karlie asked when she saw how the car turned into her street.

-I don't think so- Taylor said being honest.

-It can't be worst that the last time, think about it- Cara joked trying to help Karlie.

-Everything is going to be ok Taylor- Karlie assured her- just be you ok? And if something was wrong blame Cara for it.

-Hey! That's not fair- Cara protested when the car finally stopped. 

Karlie left the car before Cara could protest one more time, in other circumstances she would run to the door but she waited until Taylor left the car to grab her hand and guided her to the porch. Somehow it was like the first time they were there for Easter, it was a new opportunity with her family. They barely had time to knock on the door when the twins were hugging Karlie. When Kristine appeared behind them she moved to hug Taylor first, making her feel at home too while Karlie kissed her sister's cheeks excited to be together again. They greeted each other and finally entered the house. Karlie was surprised when Joe didn't go to receive them but it was because her father was on the backyard playing with him. They walked outside Karlie still holding Taylor's hand when they saw Tracy and Kurt there. Karlie gave them a big smile before she hugged them. Taylor stood behind them, waiting for her turn, feeling nervous when Kurt gave her a big smile and hug. Tracy wasn't as lovingly as him but she hugged Taylor briefly and told her she was happy to see her with Karlie again. Tracy left them there to go and prepare the meal for everybody and Taylor who loved cooking, decided to use that opportunity to spend time with Tracy alone in the kitchen.

-You don't need to do this- Tracy told her for the second time when Taylor started to chop some onions.

-I love cooking, when we are not on the tour I always cook something new at home and Karlie bake something, she's really good baking but you probably knew that- Taylor rambled trying to have a normal conversation- it's great because we are like the dream team in the kitchen.

-Yeah... Karlie told me almost the same thing one day talking about you- Tracy admitted.

-We kind of have the same sense of humor- Taylor said shrugging her shoulders.

-That is what usually happens when you spend so much time with someone- Tracy said.

-Yeah I guess... I love being with her so thank you for letting me stay here with her and with all of you this weekend- Taylor said being really nice.

-It's nothing Taylor- Tracy said dismissively- after the last time... I didn't apologize for all the argument thing.

-Oh forget about it, we're passed that- Taylor said shaking her head.

-I need to do it for my daughter, she was broken watching that fight and I'm really sorry, you didn't deserve it, it just that it took me a lot to understand all this new kind of life that Karlie had now- Tracy explained stopping what she was doing to look at Taylor.

-I understand it- Taylor said nodding- Karlie is certain like you because it took her a lot to understand it either when we started dating.

-I'm happy that you make her happy Taylor- Tracy confessed.

-It means a lot for me- Taylor said touched by her words.

-Is everything ok here?- Karlie asked popping her head into the kitchen.

-Perfect- Taylor said with a big smile- can you help me with these vegetables? I'm pretty sure your sisters are starving.

-Sure- Karlie accepted.  

The girl walked into the kitchen and left a soft kiss on Taylor's temple that melted even Tracy's heart before she helped her with the food. Soon the rest of the girls joined them there before lunch. It was a quiet meal with all the family in the living room talking about how excited they were for the concert. It was then when Taylor and Karlie shared a look and Karlie nodded to her girlfriend, it was time to drop the surprise so everybody could see Kimby's reaction. If there was something that the sisters loved was to tease each other every time they could.

-I have a surprise for you Kimby- Taylor announced.

-A surprise? What? Where?- she asked already feeling impatient.

-Well... Karlie told me how excited you were for this show and we thought... that we could make it even more special for you- Taylor teased her, Karlie was happy when she heard that Taylor was including her in the story even if all the Ed idea was hers.

-Tell me now- Kimby protested.

-Maybe we should wait and let her discover it tomorrow- Karlie suggested.

-No, no way- Kimby said- come on!

-Well... Ed is coming tomorrow to town and he will perform with me at the show- Taylor finally announced.

-You have to be kidding me- Kimby yelled covering her mouth with her hands.

-No kidding- Taylor laughed.

-Oh god, oh god- Kimby felt so excited that she could barely could talk.

-Are the rest of us getting surprises too?- Cara joked making everybody laugh.

-I've been talking with him like ten minutes ago and he didn't tell me anything- Kimby explained.

-We told them to let us give you the news so we could all see your reaction- Taylor explained.

-I can't believe it! I've not seen him in like a month- Kimby said still jumping on her chair.

-Wait, you are dating Ed Sheeran?- Kurt asked surprised, they didn't think that their parents wouldn't know about them at all.

-Sort of- Kimby said dismissively- it's complicated dad.

-When is he coming?- Kristine asked.

-Tomorrow morning- Taylor answered.

-Well text him he's having lunch with us- Kurt said really serious- if you have a boyfriend in town we need to meet him properly.

-But you meet him last time- Kimby protested because she wanted time alone with him not with her family.

-Like for two minutes and he wasn't your boyfriend- Kurt assured her. 

Kimby gave up and accepted that if she wanted to be with Ed they had to have lunch with her family too, luckily Taylor and Cara were also there, in that moment she understood how Karlie felt when she took Taylor to the house the firs time. 

They kept talking for awhile until they finished the meal and cleaned the dishes. Since Taylor and Karlie had helped to cook the lunch Tracy told them to go upstairs to rest and let the other sisters cleaning. The singer felt pretty comfortable in the house now that she knew that Karlie's parents really accepted her in their lives too. Karlie locked the door of her bedroom when they were inside before she planted a deep kiss on Taylor's lips, feeling relief that everything went well. Taylor smiled and broke the kiss before she went to grab some cozy sweater from her suitcase while Karlie watched her.

-What do you think if we go out on a date tonight?- Karlie suggested sitting on the bed.

-Alone?- Taylor asked surprised.

-That's a date- Karlie laughed.

-But we are here with your family- Taylor answered like if that explained everything.

-But I want a date with you- Karlie smiled- We have all afternoon and weekend to be with them.

-What about Cara?- Taylor asked.

-She will be fine with my sisters- Karlie said grabbing Taylor's hand when she passed by her side- come on, I'm trying to be romantic with this.

-Fine- Taylor accepted- you have your date. 

Karlie could laid happy on the bed now that she had her date. Taylor joined her one she had changed her clothes while Karlie turned on the tv. They weren't planning to fall asleep but a nap was always a good idea. They woke up a couple of hours later when Taylor's phone started to buzz, it was Ed to let her know what time he was arriving the next day on town. Karlie went to take a shower while Taylor answer the call so they could go on a date once they were ready. It wasn't a surprise for anybody when they were downstairs announcing their plans to go out alone. It was a hot day so Taylor had decided to wear a short white dress with a black hat while Karlie loyal to her style wore jeans, a shirt and jacket which had her name embroidered. 

They were without a doubt a genuine couple in all aspects of their lives, even their clothes. Karlie insisted on driving her own car ignoring Taylor's security at all, they were in St. Louis, her territory and she was doing things on her way. Taylor had to admit that she loved being on the copilot seat blasting music and singing along it with Karlie, maybe she should allow Karlie drove her cars when they were in LA, instead of having her security always driving them around. Karlie parked the car far away from where she really wanted to take Taylor just because she wanted a walk with her holding hands. They soon reached the perfect spot for Karlie, under the Gateway Arch which was lighted in blue that night. 

-This is impressive- Taylor said looking up.

-Welcome to the Gateway Arch- Karlie whispered on her ear -do you want to go up?

-Wait we can of there? with that curve form?- Taylor asked now looking at Karlie excited.

-Yes- Karlie laughed -it's pretty amazing.

-Let's go- Taylor said already breaking the contact with her to walk to the base of the arch. 

Karlie laughed at her attitude and quickly rushed to grab her hand again to guide her to the entrance. She had been there a thousand of times but like everything in her life with Taylor by her side really seem new and different. Once inside it, they were on the hall waiting for the elevator when Taylor noticed that some guys around them were pointing at her so she turned to bury her head on Karlie's neck, the dancer quickly realizing what was happening became protective over her and without breaking the position she slowly walked inside the elevator cornering Taylor so nobody would see her. When they were at the top both relaxed because people seem to be too amused by the views to even pay attention to them. They didn't mention that situation at all, they didn't need it, Karlie knew how badly Taylor wanted to feel normal and she promised long time before she would do everything in her hand to try it. They approached one of the windows and leaned to look at the city.

-Why didn't you bring me here last trip?- Taylor whispered resting her head on KArlie's shoulder.

-I think we had a lot going on last trip- Karlie laughed.

-That's true- Taylor admitted grabbing her phone to snap some pictures- it is beautiful Kar.

-It's not New York but St. Louis can be charming too- Karlie said surrounding her shoulders.

-It's beautiful Kar but I really appreciate that you're falling in love with New York- Taylor said leaving a cute kiss on her cheek.

-Glad you like it- Karlie couldn't erase her smile from her face.

-So... what do you have planned after this?- Taylor asked curious- because I like when you try to be romantic, it's not usual on you.

Karlie laughed knowing how right Taylor was. They stayed there for a long time until Karlie took Taylor to the next place, the hilton hotel at the Ballpark, really close from where they were because it had a restaurant on the rooftop so they could enjoy a quiet night.

Taylor felt that maybe that night would be the future that would wait for them once she were on the break, date nights with Karlie, family visits trips and parties with their friends. Karlie went a step even further that night when they left the restaurant and grabbed a cute rose from the reception to give it to Taylor. The singer couldn't really believe how extra and romantic Karlie was being that night because she could really get used to it. By the time they went back to the house the only ones awake where Kristine and Cara who were watching a movie on the living room. Karlie quickly dropped herself on the couch between them hugging her sister on the process.

-So... how was your date?- Cara asked when Taylor sat by her side.

-Perfect- Taylor simply answered sharing a smile with Karlie.

-Come on I want to know more- Cara protested but both girls ignored it.

-What about that rose?- Kristine asked when she noticed it in Taylor's hand.

-Karlie's gift- Taylor said blushing.

-Do you remember how you used to avoid talking about her?- Cara said laughing hard- and now you give her roses on date nights.

-Stop- Karlie said punching her shoulder.

-She can be really extra when she want- Kristine mocked at her.

-If you are going to be like this I'm going to my room- Karlie protested getting up- Taylor?

-I'm actually enjoying their jokes a lot- the singer said being honest and doing a high five with Kristine.

-Whatever- Karlie said leaving the room. 

Joe followed the dancer to her room while Taylor stayed with Kristine and Cara for a while. It wasn't usual to hear their friends or sisters talking about the beginnings of their relationship. Karlie had confessed time before that she denied everything that had something to do with Taylor but hearing Cara told her lot of stuff she did or Kristine telling her how she was the first person that have really dated Karlie in her life. Taylor realized how much Karlie had changed in a year since they were dating, from avoiding even being near her to plan a romantic date was pretty mature. She finally left them there to join Karlie, who was laying on the bed petting Joe. 

-Are you mad with me?- Taylor asked changing her dress for some comfy pajamas.

-What? No- Karlie said sitting against the headboard- why would you say that?

-Because you left the living room kind of pissed off and I stayed there- Taylor explained quickly moving under the sheets.

-I'm not mad- Karlie said- it's just... I don't like when they talk about how we began with me being so stubborn about my feelings and about Tokyo and I don't know Tay... it wasn't my best moment. 

-Look at me- Taylor asked cupping her cheeks- every moment, every feeling, every conversation we had in the past guided us to this point, me in your bed with your family accepting us and I wouldn't change anything at all, not even all the times you have ran away from me because you took this relationship at your own rhythm, how you need it and that's how a healthy relationship works Karlie.

-You know you have a thing with words right?- Karlie asked feeling speechless.

-My ten Grammys agree with you- Taylor joked lighting the mood.

-You are a dork but I love you- Karlie said when the laughs died.  

Taylor snuggled against her body no need to say anything more, Karlie didn't need to hear and I love you back, she knew it. They fell asleep with Joe in the room which meant that the next morning, the moment the dog heard Kurt downstairs he wanted to go out so he jumped on the bed to wake Karlie up. The dancer finally moved not wanting to hear more crying from her door and opened the door for him but when she was about to return to bed with Taylor Kimby appeared and started to talk. She was nervous because Ed would arrive any minute, Taylor had told that he was coming in the morning but not the exact time. She didn't have other option but to go downstairs with her for breakfast while the singer slept a little longer.

-You need to know that I'm hurt that I know more about you two from Taylor than from my own sister- Karlie protested pouring a cup of coffee.

-Because I don't want pressure on us- Kimby defended herself.

-That's what I said when I started dating Taylor and I don't think you guys stopped asking for her!- Karlie reminded her.

-Ok you are right- Kimby admitted- I'm sorry I avoided it but can I know what Ed tell about me?

-Kimby!- Karlie laughed but she saw that her sisters was talking serious- I'm not giving a lot away let's just say that he's pretty crazy about you and can't wait to make things official.

-Oh god- Kimby said covering her mouth.

-Do you like him?- Karlie asked being direct.

-Of course Karlie you know that- Kimby said like if it were obvious.

-I know that you like him and you talk with him every day I'm just asking if you really really like him like... love thing- Karlie explained- because once that you make things official with him it can be a pretty crazy life and I don't want you with a broken heart because of that.

-It's really sweet that you care about me but that's the reason why I'm taking things so slowly Kar- Kimby explained sitting on a stool- I needed to know that he was in this as deep as I want to... he has a more private life than Taylor and I've been watching you two as a couple since you started and you finally managed to handle it so with Ed... I think we can do it but I'm not forcing anything, when the time will be right we will be like an official couple.

-Karlie is not that worried is that she want a double date with you- Taylor said entering the kitchen rubbing her eyes like a little girl.

-That too- Karlie admitted laughing.

-We can go out today if you want- Kimby suggested- We aren't something official but that doesn't mean we can't go out on a date with you, we go out on dates a lot.

-What? A lot? how much do you see each other?- Karlie asked.

-What's happening here?- Tracy asked entering the kitchen when she heard Karlie raise her voice.

-Nothing- the three girls answered at the same time. 

They laughed and finished their breakfast barely talking. Taylor received a text from Ed who told her he was about to arrive in the city, that made Kimby even more nervous. She quickly went upstairs to take a shower and change her clothes with Karlie around teasing her until Taylor asked her to stop it. Ed wasn't the first boyfriend that Kimby had but somehow it felt different from the previous ones, and everybody had noticed it. Taylor asked her security to pick him from the airport so he would arrive even earlier. They gave Kimby space the moment that someone knocked on the door but when Kimby guided him inside the house he was still blushing like a little kid. Taylor ran to hug him, they hadn't seen each other since the Grammys and Karlie hugged him too when Taylor finally let him breathe, the guy also happy to see Cara there so he wouldn't feel so awkward.

Tracy and Kurt appeared to officially met Ed, now he wasn't Taylor's friend, now Ed was Kimby's sort of boyfriend. It was curios to see them interact, Kimby couldn't take her eyes off him and Ed felt like a shy teenager who was for the first time meeting her girlfriend parents. Taylor and Karlie helped them to become more normal and soon they were forgetting everything around them. After spending all morning in the house Ed and Kimby went out for a lunch date, they asked Karlie and Taylor if they wanted to go but the girls refused the offer wanted to give them time to be alone, it was the first day, they would have time to spend it with them. It was a quiet day, more than expected but Taylor really like it. Karlie's parents were surprised to see how normal Taylor was when they let her be herself, she wasn't that different from any of their daughters and that make them understood what Karlie had told them the first time they discovered about them dating. Ed stayed at the main hotel in the city, the house was already too crowded and he preferred to have some privacy yet. 

Finally the day of the show arrived and that also mean that Tree and Austin were in town since the morning. Taylor left the house to pick them from the airport while Karlie stayed, she knew that Taylor wanted to do the soundcheck so they could have a quiet meal back with her family before all the craziness that was usual for them at the concert. Taylor asked Ed to go with her so they could rehearse the song together which meant that all the girls sisters and Cara were together on the living room gossiping about their lives. Kendall called Cara which made the girls talk about them too, it was curios how the fact that Taylor and Karlie started dating had changed so many lives like Cara's or Kimby's.

Taylor came back with her friend and Austin just in time for lunch, Tree needed to solve some contracts problems and it took them more time than expected. Austin was happy to finally meet Karlie's family, because if there was something he was really sure it was that Karlie and Taylor would be an item for a long time and their families meeting would happen sooner or later. After the meal Karlie went to the backyard to play football with the boys while Taylor and Tracy laid on the sun. 

Taylor watched Karlie, discovering how god she was playing, she had always knew that Karlie loved football but she was a ballerina, having such skills in football was really surprising. Austin throw a ball higher that he pretended and Karlie jumped to catch it but the moment she was in the air she realized that Joe was running under her so she tried to move in the air to avoid him but that wasn't go as planned when her ankle bend the moment she touched the ground making her fall.

-Karlie!- Taylor yelled running to her- are you ok?

-Oh god it hurts- Karlie said grabbing her ankle.

-Let me see- Taylor asked raising her jeans to have a better look- it's already swollen Kar, don't move.

-It's not that bad- Karlie said shaking her head.

-If it's not that bad why aren't you looking at it?- Kariann asked.

-Because I know it's not that bad- Karlie insisted- I'm a ballerina and I have a lot of flexibility, it will be ok in a couple of minutes.

-Karlie it's not- Taylor insisted.

-Look I can prove it- Karlie said getting up how she could making a grimace when she finally stood but avoiding stand in the hurt ankle.

-Karlie don't be stubborn- Taylor warned her- you can't dance tonight like this.

-I can- Karlie insisted.

-Try to walk- Kristine challenged her.

-No- Taylor yelled- don't move at all.

-Taylor I'm fine, it will be fine by the time the show starts- Karlie said again trying to walk a little but clearly limping.

-You can't dance I don't care what you said- Taylor said quickly moving to surround her waist and give her stability.

-We are in St. Louis, I'm dancing on tonight show, no matter what- Karlie dared her clearly angry.

-No, you are not- Taylor said not moving a muscle on her body.

-Taylor I'm...

-Karlie listen to Taylor!- Tracy yelled at her daughter, making everybody freeze on their spots.

-Ok- the dancer accepted.

-Karlie I know you've been waiting for this show since we started the tour but you can't dance, and even if you feel better when the show stars I can't risk you to have a more serious injury, you're a dancer, you need to take care of your ankles and if something bad happens to you and for some stupid reason you can't dance like before I wouldn't forgive myself for it- Taylor stopped a second to sighed and saw how Karlie ducked her head ashamed everybody listened attentively to the singer- please, don't dance tonight, don't make me do something heavy like firing you because I will do it if that means I'm protecting you.

-I was really excited about tonight- Karlie whispered.

-At some point I will have another album and we will come back here and I promise you that no matter where you work at that moment, you will dance with me that night ok?- Taylor said cupping her cheeks.

-Awwwww- her sisters said at the same time.

-Ok- Karlie accepted still feeling sad.

-Let's take you inside so I can put ice on that injury- Tracy suggested.

Taylor helped her to walk to the couch and sat Karlie there. She could see how sad Karlie felt about what had happened, it would be the first show she would miss and it was the one who excited her the most. Taylor felt she needed to do something to make her forget that. She kissed Karlie's cheek and told her she needed to call Tree and Jamie to tell them what happened so they could make a plan. She knew that Jamie didn't need her to change the choreos but it was the excuse she gave to her girlfriend to leave earlier than expected to the stadium with Ed and Cara, if she wanted her surprised to be perfect she needed the few time left she had until the show. 

By the time the Kloss family arrived at the stadium with their VIP passes, Karlie had still a swollen and black ankle, she could walk but limping so she usually use on of her sisters to lean on while they walked. She knew that Taylor would take her to the hospital as soon as the show was over once she saw how hurt Karlie actually was. The singer was busy with the fans and the press before the concert but she made time to go and be with them for a while but mainly focusing all her attention on Karlie and her ankle. She asked Austin to stay with her all show since he was stronger than her sisters in case that Karlie needed someone to carry her around. The only good thing that Karlie could actually think about that situation was that for the first time she would see a Taylor Swift concert, because it wasn't the same if you are dancing in it than watching from the audience. 

Austin asked the team security to look for a chair so Karlie could rest a little between songs but the girl was too excited watching Taylor to think about sitting, forgetting even all her pain. Taylor stopped a lot to point where Karlie and her family were during her songs. She also realized how good Cara was, she knew it because she had danced with her a lot but she really owned the stage on her parts. It was time for the Lucky one, the song that Karlie and Taylor did together and Karlie couldn't help but feel disappointed again for not being up there. 

-So... Before the next song I need to make a pause for a shout out- Taylor said moving to grab one of her guitars that wasn't what she was supposed to be doing -my favorite person on the world, who usually dance the next song with me and casually is from here St. Louis has had an accident just minutes before the show and she's in the audience today instead of here with me- Taylor stopped in the middle of the catwalk to turn towards Karlie -so I want you to give her a stand ovation to Karlie Kloss- Karlie's jaw dropped when all the people there did what Taylor had asked -you guys need to know she was really sad because she couldn't dance on her home town and I want to make it up to her.

-Oh god don't do anything stupid- Karlie asked covering her mouth.

-I want to sing a special song instead of The lucky one just for her, do you mind if I do it?- Taylor asked looking at the audience again who screamed in approval which made Taylor smile -I almost forget to tell you I need a special person for this song!

-What is happening?- Austin asked to Karlie.

-No idea- the dancer said being honest.

-So guys please welcome to the one and only Ed Sheeran to the stage- Taylor announced turning to wait for Ed's appearance.

-Wait Ed was supposed to appear later- Kimby said on her side.

-I don't know what's happening anymore- Karlie repeated again while she watch how they hugged, Ed also carrying his guitar.

-I'm proud of you for this- Ed whispered on her ear- she's going to freak out but let's do this. 

-This is a new song we've been working on and I hope you like it- Taylor said breaking the embrace and talking to the audience again -it's called I was made for loving you.

Taylor:

A dangerous plan, just this time

A stranger's hand clutched in mine

I'll take this chance, so call me blind

I've been waiting all my life

Please don't scar this young heart

Just take my hand

I was made for loving you

Even though we may be hopeless hearts just passing through

Every bone screaming I don't know what we should do

All I know is, darling, I was made for loving you

Ed:

Hold me close through the night

Don't let me go, we'll be alright

Touch my soul and hold it tight

I've been waiting all my life

I won't scar your young heart

Just take my hand

Taylor and Ed:

Cause I was made for loving you

Even though we may be hopeless hearts just passing through

Every bone screaming I don't know what we should do

All I know is, darling, I was made for loving you

Please don't go, I've been waiting so long

Oh, you don't even know me at all

But I was made for loving you

I was made for loving you

Even though we may be hopeless hearts just passing through

Every bone screaming I don't know what we should do

All I know is, darling, I was made for loving you

Karlie had listened the song without breaking eye contact with Taylor, tears almost poking from her eyes thinking about the fact that Taylor had written a song about them and for her. Taylor blew a kiss straight to her before they moved on the stage to sing another song with Ed, Tenerife Sea. That was the first plan but all the accident and Karlie being sad made Taylor change her mind and wanted to sing two songs with her friend. Austin rubbed Karlie's arms, taking her back to reality and sharing a loving smile. From that moment on the show was completely different because Karlie couldn't wait to be over to hug Taylor. It didn't terrified her for the first time to know how much Taylor loved her because she was equally into her. That song didn't make an impact only in Karlie, it did it also in Karlie's family, every minute of that weekend understanding more why her daughter had accepted a crazy life like Taylor's, they belonged together. 

When Taylor sang the last note Karlie asked Austin to help her to go backstage with her family. Normally Taylor would ran to her dressing room to change her sparkly outfit for another clothes and then she would meet Karlie but that day wasn't normal at all and she knew that Karlie was probably on her way too. The singer knew she had made another big gesture with that song, she was going on a break but that didn't stop her of writing new music but the truth was that she wrote that song earlier in their relationship, where they weren't even dating at all. Ed had helped her on day at her house back in LA so it seemed like destiny for her when that night Ed was there and she wanted to do something for Karlie. She was afraid that Karlie would freak out about it but she hoped not, if she handled it a I love you so much on national tv, maybe a song wouldn't be so much. She suddenly saw Karlie limping with Austin by her side and she ran to hug her getting lost in her smell. Everybody around them watching the precious moment, even Cara had appeared just in time to see it. They weren't talking, just hugging, Taylor's hand wrapped around Karlie's waist and her head buried in her neck. Nobody knew it but they were saying so many things without talking at all. 

-How are you?- was the first thing that Taylor asked once they parted to lock eyes.

-Fine- Karlie said with a small smile.

-You were limping just a minute ago- Taylor reminded her making everybody around laugh too.

-Taylor can you take care for her while I take them to the loft?- Ed suggested, knowing that the girls needed some space.

-I got her- Taylor said with a smile- let's got to my dressing room first. 

Karlie nodded and wrapped her arm over Taylor's shoulder so she could walk better. Taylor wasn't as strong as Austin so Karlie had to do an effort to walk trying not to limp too much because she didn't Taylor worried at all, they needed to talk before anything.

-I'm taking you to the hospital as soon as I'm done here- Taylor told her while they walked- I don't know why your parents didn't take you before the show.

-I told them not to do it- Karlie explained- I didn't want to get stuck there and miss the concert.

-Ok that's the only reason why I'm not mad at them or you- Taylor laughed opening the door and guiding her to the couch- sit here, I'm going to get change.

-Watching you from the audience it's pretty different from dancing on the stage with you- Karlie said watching Taylor grabbing a skirt and a crop top from her wardrobe.

-Better or worse?- Taylor asked curios brushing her hair.

-You know I love dancing- Karlie said like if that answered the question- but it was pretty amazing, I understand now why all these people come to see you, when you are on that stage you are I don't know how to describe it, you captivate me.

-That's because you are in love with me- Taylor joked finally getting dressed. 

-Maybe that too but I'm serious- Karlie insisted- I.... I...

-You...?- Taylor asked turning to look at her, Taylor wanted to talk about the song as bad as Karlie but neither of them knew how to bring it up.

-You know what!- Karlie laughed nervously.

-Maybe I don't- Taylor laughed sitting by her side.

-Yes you know what you've done- Karlie said interlacing their finger together but Taylor was still silent- that song was... I don't have words to describe it.

-So you like the song- Taylor said grinning. 

-I love it- Karlie said being honest- I can't believe you've written a song about me, about us.

-I started working on it the first time we went to Nashville for the rehearsals- Taylor explained remembering all the emotions they shared that trip- but I finished it with Ed some day at my house that's why I've asked him to sing it with me.

-You knew that even before we dated?- Karlie asked surprised- in Nashville? I was a jerk there ignoring you so many days after the Opry thing and... how could you know it? 

-You weren't a jerk, you were afraid- Taylor corrected her brushing some locks of hair from Karlie's face- and... I guess I knew it Karlie, I know it's weird to think about it and I couldn't know that we were going to be together after that but they way we talked they way you treat me, everything about me when I was with you... It's like the song says Karlie I kinda knew it I was made for loving you I wasn't sure if you felt the same but I have my feelings really clear since the beginning. 

Karlie stared at her in silence, her mind running wild form all her emotions, her adrenaline talking her body making the pain of her swollen ankle going away. She wanted to say so many things that she didn't know where to start, maybe it took her a long time to realized what Taylor knew the first day they met but she knew it now and that's all that matter: she was made for loving Taylor, they were made for each other and in a strange way they destiny had joined them together. Karlie's gaze was so deep that Taylor needed to break it ducking her head blushing. A crazy idea crossed Karlie's mind and getting carried away for all the situation she just said it out loud. 

-Move with me- Karlie said breaking the silence.

-What?- Taylor said raising her head to look at her.

-Let's move together I don't care where I just want to live with you right now- Karlie said leaning to kiss Taylor before she could even answer the proposal. 

A/N: Cheesy chapter right? hahha 

Hope you like it! And I hope you weren't expecting Karlie to be the one asking that question... More suprises to come I promise and.... only three more chapter ;) 

Love your comments! See you really soon

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.7K 802 22
It's been seven years since Karlie Kloss broke Taylor's heart. What will happen when they see each other again? This is the result of no sleep 🤣 Thi...
23.3K 1.7K 15
❛ turns out it was much more than just a coincidence ❜ [ a nishimura riki fic ] ???? ??? ?? ??? '???? ?????' ??????? started: ²⁰²² finished:...
114K 4.5K 52
It all began with a playdate with Lily's daughter Dixie, but one day was enough to make her second guess everything she had planned down to the last...
903K 55.2K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...