The Billionaire's Awakening (...

By MsDreamerGirl84

| Sequel to Secret Love | Previously called "The Steadfast Love." "If you are here to give me hope yet... More

Copyright
Prologue
EBS Family Siblings
Chapter 1: Goodbye
Chapter 2: Freaking Out
Chapter 3: Hearts Set on Fire
Chapter 4: Miles Apart
Chapter 6: Courtship Begins
Chapter 7: The Past
Chapter 8: Gloomy Day
Chapter 9: First Night
Chapter 10: Buried Past
Chapter 11: Haunting Past
Chapter 12: Sleepover
Chapter 13: First real date
Chapter 14: Choices
Chapter 15: Regrets
Chapter 16: Choice
Chapter 17: Request
Chapter 18: Home
Chapter 19: Bitch
Chapter 20: Clash
Chapter 21: Heartache
Dedication and Random Advertisement
Chapter 22: Stranger
Chapter 23: Job
Chapter 24: Naughty
Chapter 25: Tease
Chapter 26: Past and Present
Chapter 27: Getting Dirty
Chapter 28: Truth
Chapter 29: Taryn
Chapter 30: The Lost Son
Chapter 31: News
Chapter 32: Hypocrisy
Chapter 33: Judgement Day
Chapter 34: About Time
Chapter 35: Not so perfect family
Chapter 36: The Wedding
Chapter 37: Finale
Epilogue
Sequel (Will be a long wait)

Chapter 5: Fashion Week

65.3K 2.2K 43
By MsDreamerGirl84

"And we are put on this earth a little space that we might learn to bear the beams of love" - William Blake

Please VOTE, COMMENT, and FOLLOW me, too....

......................

Vicky's POV

I programmed the machine into walking, setting it at a low speed as I step on, warming up then work my way up. 

"Since we are off today, maybe we could do movie marathon tonight. What do you think, Vi?" Frankie half panting as she looks at me, walking at a bit fast pace. She placed her hands on the handlebar as she trained her eyes on me.

She's one of the models, too. I find her nice so I offered her my place and we can share with the bills. 

She's from Brazil. She stayed with her best friend when she arrived here as she finds a place and I'm glad she agreed to live with me. She's very sweet and sometimes, funny, which most of the times cures my homesickness when it hits me.

Glancing around the gym and saw a few that also works at Vogue, then my eyes traveled back to Frankie who was glancing at me once in a while with a furrowed eyebrow, waiting for my response impatiently.

When our eyes meet, she cocks her eyebrow and I smiled "Sure," I agreed. Sweat breaking out of her forehead and her upturned nose. 

She was wearing the same outfit as mine only she wears pink and mine was black sports bra paired with gray marbled leggings.

This is our routine. As a model, exercising is a very high ingredient in our life. We need to stay sexy because it is the main key to our job. To have that body that everyone adores, not that I have a choice, but I would rather stay a bit plump than being too skinny, but then again, being skinny and pretty is what it takes to get into a modeling world. 

I glanced out the glass window where a row of treadmill facing the glass overlooking the Hanover square. We are on the top floor of the tenth floor Hanover luxury apartment and our room are on the second floor. 

"While watching maybe we could have some popcorn or ice cream," I said unconsciously. It's been a while since I had any of those. I've been depriving myself for any sweets especially ice cream and it is my favorite. I unconsciously lick my lips and felt drooling as Snobar ice cream which I'd tried at Vegas flashed in my head, or the cream and cookies.

"You're kidding, right?" I suddenly snap my head in her direction and her eyes were sparkling, matching mine as she visibly gulped down. She's trying to hold the urge to agree with me. 

I chuckled.

"I know, but I'm suddenly craving some. Maybe a little won't hurt," I said. I felt the treadmill starting to pick up a pace.

"You're 126 lbs right now, Vi. I'm just 119. You can't go more than 130 lbs or you'll lost this one in a million chance," 

Honestly, I don't really mind at all. Modeling is not what I really want. I wanted to be a designer. I took a swing at it because I know it's the closest route to getting into the designing company.

"I'm not getting some, so you're not getting anything," Frankie playfully glared at me and I pouted absentmindedly.

I held on the handlebar as my legs keep up the fast pace. I'm starting to pants, and legs muscles are starting to feel burning. 

We did some sprinting when we got here, and a little lifting to tone the arms. We've been up here in the gym for more than hour if I'm not wrong.

"So we will just stare at the screen with our saliva filling us," I playfully remark, and she nodded chuckling all the while panting.

"I'm hating now Charlie for taking that trip when the Fashion week is in a week," she pouted her lips and I chuckled, panting. "Are you prepared?" Frankie asked me after a while. 

My breathing is fast now fast, sweats dripping from my body, with my body releasing heat. I grab the small towel wipes my face before responding to her. Honestly, I don't want to think about the fashion week, to be honest. "I'm not really looking into it. After witnessing Sidney tripped and fell on her hands in our practice, I got really scared." I frowned as the scenario the other day crosses my head. 

"She has too much confidence in her, she thought the heels would take care of her!" Frankie giggled and I frowned at her. I know she's such a bitch on our first day, but she doesn't deserve it.

Wait. 

Since when Victoria Pallos became passionate with any human forms?

Am I changing?

"Really? Are you ditching me for her?" Frankie playfully griped. 

"Shut up!" I laughed.

"But seriously, I like you right after you told her to back off and try not to steal your crown." Frankie grinned from ear to ear as she recalls the scene when Sidney told me to stay out of her sight when Deshawn approached me and invited me to lunch. "She didn't know she runs into the devil itself," Frankie's laugh made me smile. Her eyes sparkling with amusement.

"Hey, I'm not evil!" I shook my head.

Frankie turned the treadmill off and she grab her water bottle and unscrewed it, then she downed it, with her free hand flew to her hip. She placed the bottle back in the holder and then grabs her towel and wipes her sweaty face.

"I know you Victoria Pallos. You're very famous. The B.Design batch 2013, at London University. They call you the bitch queen. I graduated there, duh?" she playfully widens her baby blue eyes at me and flips her tied blonde hair. "Every man in the dorm fantasize you if you don't know," she added on and I rolled my eyes.

"You're overrating," I said as I turned the program off and then step off the machine. I grab my bottle that color of Frankie's eyes and unscrew the lid and drink it straight, quenching my thirst. As the water reach my throat, it felt so amazing. 

Once I felt satisfied, I screwed the lid back on and grab the small towel and wipes my belly and my back. 

I felt so sticky and at the moment, I badly wanted to dip my body in a warm relaxing bath.

"Are you ready to go?" I asked Frankie and she nodded. We both walked to the lockers and retrieve our belongings, then decided to have a bath in our own room. 

My room has its own huge bathroom. It is not as big as mine back home but was big enough for one. Frankie has her own bathroom, too, in her room. 

After our relaxing bath then we had dinner - if you call a dinner only having a small bowl of green salad, a few pieces of nuts and just yoghurt, then it is.

Now we are sitting on the long cream couch in the living room. She's sitting horizontally on the couch with her legs props on the couch leaning her back against the armrest on the other end while I sat the same position as her with our feet kissing each other. 

"Can we watch the legally blonde?" she grinned as she flicks the menu on the Netflix and I rolled my eyes. 

"AGAIN?" I groaned. She loves that movie. I love legally blonde, but I hate watching it all the time. 

"Aww. Brandon Rought," she gushed as she stared at the screen with Brandon on the movie Fling which was ages ago. Okay, almost a decade ago, but can't we watch a new movie instead?

"How about a new movie, Frankie?" cocking my eyebrows at her.

"Hey, don't criticize those movies before. It's all well-casted!" she widens her eyes at me, then focused her attention back on the small rectangular controller and kept on flicking it.

"I'm not giving negative comments. What I'm trying to say is, maybe we can try to watch the new movies. Like Aloha .. or Age of Adaline, or maybe, Fifty shades of-"

"Sshh... Don't start with that sick Christian. It is not love, it is all about sex!" She glared at me and I laughed. 

I instinctively bit my bottom lip before I spill it to her how much I adore that guy. Honestly, I love how possessive he is to Anastasia. I've read the books and I decided to keep that information in me. She'll probably hate me if she found out.

"Ooh ... I want to watch this," she squealed and my eyes snap back to the screen and my eyebrow cocked up.

"We already watch that, Frankie," I look at her with a purse lips. I'm sure as hell, I'm going to pass out with boredoms.

"Yes, we did, but only once," she whined and I didn't say anything. She'll never run out of sufficient reason to justify herself until she gets what she wants. For the whole month being with her, I've come to know her more.

"I love Mr. Darcy!" she chanted as she stared at the screen with dreamy eyes. Clutching the remote control against her chest, her eyes wishful.

I shook my head and glides my back lower propping the back of my head against the armrest of the couch, with my legs bended.

"You're not sleeping, are you?" 

"No," I said, bored.

"Alright," she said and the movie starts. I stifled a yawn and stared at the screen. My mind wandered with the upcoming big event of my life. The fashion week runway show in England. 

Halfway the movie, I felt all the exhaustion starting to overwhelm my system from all the things we did today, my eyes starting to droop. Not long, darkness engulfed me.

*

*

Behind the stage, a large, square room is lined with racks of clothing in order of each outfit's appearance on the runway. 

The Valentino 2015 collection read like a modern fairy tale, rife with romance, beauty, and femininity.

There are 24 models for the show, and 51 looks, which means some models have as many as three outfits to change into. That's where the dressers come in. 

Each item is on its own hanger.

Each model is assigned one of 30 dressers whose job it is to familiarize themselves with the looks ahead of time, get all the pieces ready to be worn; such as zippers and buttons undone, tags removed, wrinkles steamed out, and assist the models.

"FRANKIE, YOUR TURN, Go, go," I heard the head, Dede beckoning my friend Frankie after the stylist Jordan dress her for her fourth run, and her makeup were touch up. She frantically walks to him, mindful of her steps. As I watch her back, feeling ticklish as the brush runs over my cheekbone, I felt my heart beating in my ears. 

I'm panicking since I felt uncomfortable with the high heels, my sole is starting to feel numb so were my toes.

I just hope I'm not gonna trip off. This is our last runs with all the models, and I'm so unlucky to end up  walking to end the program with this deadly heels. I never felt so uncomfortable with heels until now. 

"Relax," Emery smiled at me as she wrapped up the makeup kits and patted my cheeks lightly. "You look so tense. You'll do fine, Vicky," she soothed. I guess she could see me panicking.

I gave her a tight smile as I wipe my sweaty palm surreptitiously over the beautiful sheer nature inspired gown I was wearing. I couldn't hide the discomfort as I made a step and honestly, I so badly want to rip the heels off and freed my toes. "Okay, here we go everyone. The final walk," Dede, the gay head organizer claps his hands smiling victoriously as he scanned the room and stops at me. 

What seems like mere seconds pass before I first off the runway, then running back to the racks, kicking off my shoes, throwing off accessories, all the while the dresser yanking off clothes off me, then pulling the next garment on me.

Adrenaline pumps through the room, fueled by the booming music of the show, everyone scrambling to get the next look ready in less than thirty seconds. Undergarments lying on the floor, no time to be shy, it goes by a flash, and just like that, we run back in line, and get into the right order before sauntering gracefully onto the runway.

I can do this! 

Just half hour ago, the whole room was calm. The team was relaxed as well as the models, munching fruits, salad, and chips. Their hair and makeups were done just waiting behind the backstage for the show to start.

"Go Vicky!" I heard Dede and a panic sigh broke passed my lips though I managed to give an impassive look, concealing the uncomfortable look I just wore a moment ago.

"Good luck!" Dede said as I sauntered gracefully to the runway. With head held high, I strutted along the runway, with my eyes focused ahead, holding the urge to look around, my chin a bit angled down since all the guest were on their seat. I could feel all the intense eyes following me and for some reason, I like the feel and it gave me confidence. I completely forgot my numb sole and toes and strutted like I owned the runway, gliding effortlessly, with a determined edge making my own signature strut.

Finally, the show is over. Everyone are wrapping up, models getting back into their own clothes. Dressers hang everything up. Victorious faces were etched on everyone's faces. 

As soon as I'm in my white open back floor length dress ready to mingle with all the guest in the stage room for the party, I quickly walk to Frankie who was talking to another model which I forgot the name.

"Hey," I said as soon as I stood beside her. She was wearing a red skimpy dress with a low neckline.

"We did it!" she squealed and I nod my head grinning victoriously. We hug each other as we both giggled in happiness for the success of the fashion week. It was exhausting, but it was all worth it and I felt accomplished.

"Victoria Pallos," I heard my name being called and I saw Dede all smiling at me. 

"Someone is here to see you," he giggled giddily and my eyebrows cocked up, filled with curiosity.

Are my parents here?

"Who?" I asked with furrowed eyebrow. I looked at Frankie and she was looking at me with her eyes matching mine. 

The room wasn't packed anymore, since half of the team were already outside partying. I looked over Dede's shoulder and my eyes grew wider.

Xandrous stood a few inches behind him looking so imposing in his three-piece gray suit, with his soul piercing eyes trained on me. A hesitant smile plastered on his face. My eyes traveled down and was shocked to see him holding a bouquet of red roses.

My heart suddenly races and it felt like it was beating in my ears so loudly that I couldn't hear anymore the loud music. My stomach twisted into knots and I felt my legs turning into jelly. 

Am I hallucinating?

"Alexandrous Mailov is here to see you and he has flowers for you. Lucky girl!" Dede winks at me giddily. She sauntered to Xandrous direction and Xandrous just nods his head to him, then he left for the party.

"I'll see you outside," Frankie suddenly scrambles on her feet following Dede and that's when I suddenly felt my system switching back on.

.......................................

A/N: I'm sorry guys for the very slow update. I couldn't force myself to write. I start it but then the dialogue sounds so bland. I'm not sure if this chapter even makes sense. I had this chapter all planned  the other night, but I was so sleepy since I only have 4 hours sleep the last two nights, so I slept instead of writing. The next day, I'm having the writer's blocked. 

Anyhow, I hope this chapter is not bad at all. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 140 36
"You've become so damaged that when someone tries to give you what you deserve, you have no idea how to respond." He says taking a step closer to me...
71.4K 2.5K 35
I met a girl six years back. She was everything I thought I never wanted. But how incredibly wrong was I? But one day she left. Just like that. For a...
266K 9.9K 35
Please vote and comment! My goal is at least 2k likes and 100 comments :) This story is as realistic as life gets. Please enjoy it, it is my first st...
363K 10.2K 54
❗❗THIS IS A RENEWED VERSION OF MY STORY HIS VICTORIA, YOU CAN SEE THE ORIGINAL ONE IN MY PROFILE❗❗ ⚠️ Cringe Warning ⚠️ my story is literally a joke ...