The Duke's Surreptitious Ways...

By MsDreamerGirl84

Highes Rating in GenFic: # 4 He was the perfect man and every girl desperately wants him. He was loyal to his... More

Prologue
EBS Family Siblings
Chapter 1: Here comes Fake Ass
Chapter 2: Never ignore your instinct!
Chapter 4: Mrs. Valiente's temper
Chapter 5: Moving On
Chapter 6: Mysterious GP
Chapter 7: They say you don't know what you've got until it's gone.
Chapter 8: Mommy's Knows Best
Chapter 9: The Ailing Duke
Chapter 10: The Mysterious Girl
Chapter 11: Admission
Chapter 12: Bar Hopping
Chapter 13: Furious Lover
Chapter 14: Resistance
Chapter 15: Banter
Chapter 16: Date
Chapter 17: Tease
Chapter 18: Hopeless
Random Advertisement
Chapter 19: Sulking
Chapter 20: Picnic
Chapter 21: Visitor
Chapter 22: Heat
Chapter 23: Strike
Chapter 24: Proposal
Chapter 25: Cold Night
Chapter 26: Drugged
Chapter 27: Goodnight
Please!!!
Chapter 28: Old Duke's Game
Chapter 29: Comfrontation and the Sly Duke
Sequel to this (Will be a long wait)
Chapter 30: Press Conference
Chapter 31: Vegas
Chapter 32: Drive Thru Wedding
Chapter 33: Final Chapter
Sasha Beth's Book Teaser
Epilogue 1: Ball Wedding Part 1
Epilogue 1: Ball Wedding Part 2
The Vixen and the Caveman
Maddening Max
Epilogue 2

Chapter 3: There's never be us!

64.5K 2.5K 203
By MsDreamerGirl84

"They were like two magnets who couldn't decide whether to attract or repel." ― Jay Asher

Please VOTE, COMMENT, and FOLLOW me, too...

........................

Natalia's POV

"Put me down, Rafael," I said, mustering a cold, bored tone as I struggle out of his hold. He tightens his hold on me, and stops in front of my bedroom door then he spoke calmly.

"Just open the damn door, please ..." his tone were clipped, and I could feel his patience wearing off.

I stared at his eyes squarely, instilling in my head that he is a fake, and I should stop seeing him. I need to control my emotions around him. I can't just be his toy anymore. I won't let him continue using me. I won't be his cover-up anymore, nor I will be a part of his dirty games.

I met with his eyes that were cold, piercing through my soul and I felt like it's undressing me within, I feel naked. It feels like she can read me all throughout.

I search for any familiar emotions in his orbs, but I felt disappointed. It was well-masked, I couldn't penetrate that wall of ice, he masterly established around it.

His eyes that I thought was ocean blue, but it was not. They were cerulean with a green ring on it. He got it from his mother's blood. The Markovich is known for their cerulean eyes. It was beautiful, just like the ocean, and I'm always hypnotized whenever I stared at it.

And, when he stared at me, raw, my heart goes haywire. I felt like, butterflies just erupted in my stomach. My adrenalin spiked up through my body uncontrollably.

His cerulean eyes were adorned with long, thick lashes, emphasizing his cool, expressive eyes. His strong angular jaw, dipped chin, regal nose, prominent brow, had me worked up most of the time, the butterflies in my stomach were more like displaced hornets.

I was always fully convinced that he'd be the hottest person I'd ever met, and I always tells my friend how I am so lucky to have him, but today, I am convinced how I am unfortunate to be his cover up, a play toy and a stupid girl who regards him of his best physical attributes and not his inside beauty.

He's just another arrogant, asswipe who is spoilt and a user.

"Open the door, Iya!" His deep and husky tone drags me out of my trains of thoughts. My eyebrows furrowed and I scowled at him.

"Just put me down!" I hissed and I squirmed out of his hold.

He let out a frustrated sigh and finally, he put me down on my feet. As soon as my heel touch the floor, I quickly stood upright and opened my door. I hastily walk inside, and about to shut it in his face but he was quick.

His right foot blocked the door before I could close it. He invited himself in, to my chagrin, and his eyes scanned my room.

He has been inside my room once so he's familiar with. "Still pink everywhere, huh? Too girly!" he grimaced.

"You may leave, your grace and thank you for the wonderful night!" I said impulsively. I couldn't contain the sarcasm in my tone.

"I will call you when I get back to Russia, pumpkin," he said casually as he turns on his heel towards the door.

My temper flared up. Can't he understand?

"Don't ever call me, your grace. As I have said, we are over." I softly reprimanded in my cold bored tone. I turned towards my walk-in closet to avoid looking at his imposing figure.

"I didn't agree to this break-up, pumpkin. I know you are just upset, and I will give you the break you needed. I will call you when you are fine, and let's go out." I stop before the door of my walk-in closet and turns to face him, grimly. My face is as hard as the stone. "I will make it up to you, I pro—"

"I said, we are over, Raffy!" I said sternly cutting him off. My face is as cold as his eyes.

He stared at me for a while. "If you are worried about what your people would think of you, I will not say a word that will tarnish your good reputation. Just leave me alone. Let's call it quits." I proclaimed firmly as I met his hard gaze, showing indifference, even though my heart is beating too furious against my ribcage of disapproval.

"I'll leave you for a week. I'm sure by then, you will be fine," he said, not wanting to accept it.

"Listen, Rafael," I step forward, getting a bit closer to him. My heart beats like a car, racing with the speed of 300 km/hr, not because I'm swooning over his enigmatic charisma, but because of frustrations.

He's not getting serious about whatever I say and that really pisses me off. "I want us over. I don't want to be your cover-up anymore. You had concealed your affairs well for long years, I'm sure you can do it over and over, but I don't wanna be a part of it!" I said with my most serious tone.

He stared at me without blinking and I met his eyes squarely. Something flickered in his eyes but I don't want to know anymore. I'm done and that's it. I could feel the pain now slowly settling in my heart, but the pain of him cheating on me over and over is worse. I don't want to live like a stupid.

"But you love me," he pointed out softly.

"Yes, I do." I stared at him intently. "But tonight, I realized one thing," I said without blinking, my voice getting firmer. "I love myself more than I love you," I said with rising confidence.

"You are just angry, up—"

Gritting my teeth together, I stared at him hard. "You don't get it, do you?" cutting him off.

"I need you and you need me, Natalia." He stated firmly ignoring what I've just said. "We can both benefit from this," he tried to pursue it again, but I'm done. I don't know where my courage came from, but I thank it. Probably the alcohol that gives me the guts to say all of this. And at this moment, I felt so proud of myself.

Thanks to alcohol. I wouldn't have done it.

"If you break up with me, Natalia, we will never get back together. This will be the end of it," he said in a clipped tone. I can hear the arrogance in it and my blood boiled by the second.

I gave him a wry smile. "There was never 'us' in the first place, Raffy. You know it. You played my feelings and used me."

"I did not!" his face turns darker. I saw how his jaw clenched tight and I step back a little. "I care for you, Natalia. I wouldn't have followed you shopping and giving in to all of your caprices if I didn't!" he spat gravely.

"Yes, because you can't give me your body and soul. You are trying to make it up with things. You never said you love me. When was it?" I felt the tears starting to well up in my eyes but I tamped it down. I can't let him see me in my vulnerable state.

He stilled. He shot me with unknown emotions and I didn't bother to read it. It doesn't matter anymore. All I want if my complete freedom. My name never attached to his. That's all I care now. Just want us over.

"Then, it's over?" he agreed icily, bobbing his gorgeous head slowly, his eyes never leaving me. His eyes held something I don't want to acknowledge.

I gulped inaudibly, meeting his dark raw gaze, I nodded my head in approval. "Yes. I don't expect you crawling back to me if that's what you mean. Or I am coming back begging you to take me," I said, tilting my chin up, showing confidence and paste a smile on my face. A forced smile I could muster.

"Very well, have a wonderful night, Natalia." He turns on his heel and I bit my inner cheek not to croak and burst into tears.

I watch his retreating back disappearing through my door. When he was gone, I dragged my limp body to my bed and lay flat on my chest. I let the tears I've been holding to fall freely.

He's gone and we are over. My heart felt empty, broken, and feeling like a hole was left and he has the piece.

I bawled my eyes out until there were no tears left.

.........................

Raffy's POV

"What do you need, mom?" I plopped down on my swivel chair inside my study and downed the whiskey left in my glass.

"You can leave us, Osvaldo," mom waved him off and he left quietly.

I watch my mother who seems to never age as the years passed by. She looks glowing and I know the reason for her happiness.

She purposefully strode towards me and grab the empty glass away from me. She then walks towards the trash bin and tossed the glass in.

"Mrs. Faddei said, you weren't eating and you are caving in your room or in your study! What's going on with you?" She lectured as she flung her hands on her hips. I've seen her like this multiple times already, and when she's mad, just keep your mouth shut or she'll go double ballistic, and you'll never like the consequences of it. Mom can be terribly terrifying that's why dad lives with a principle of "happy wife, happy life."

I don't understand why he needs to let mom rule over him. He wears the pants. Yes, he always says, he only loves mom, that's why he'd rather not argue.

Love. pfft...

That's what you get from love. To become spineless.

"Is dad here?" I asked instead, ignoring her previous question. I could smell my breath reeks of alcohol and I grimaced. I'm still wearing my checkered blue flannel pajamas and I'm lazily slouching on my swivel chair at midday.

"Yes," mom brought her one hand over her temple and massage it. She looks weary and I feel a little guilty. I know she's vexed and I'm the caused of her wearisome.

I saw my father walking into the room, clad in blue striped crisp Armani shirt tucked under his gray jeans. He's still a head turner even if his age doubled. I languidly rise on my feet and meet him. "Oh, there's my boy." Dad approached me with a wide smile, looking so proud as always.

"Hi dad," I said and gave him a hug briefly.

"Speak of the devil and he shall appear," mom mumbled but enough for me to hear it.

"You are drinking this early morning, son?" dad asked as he inspects me at arm's length. His smile withered and he scowled, glancing at the furious wife then back to me.

"Because your son is very irresponsible," mom interjected.

I didn't say any word as I walk closer to mom. "Love you, mom," I said as I kissed her forehead before walking back to my seat and plopped down.

When dad approached her, mom gave her a deadly scowl. "What did I do again, mi esposa?" dad frowned and I just shook my head as I watch them. "Chill, mi esposa. We don't even know what he's been through. Why is he drinking?" Dad gave me a scowl then he wraps his hand around mom and led her to the L-shaped couch, across my rectangular mahogany desk that fit four people, with a small rectangular mahogany coffee table in the middle.

I watch as the two sat and mom leans against dad's side. "I don't know what am I gonna do with him. He's your son, you should teach him how to be responsible." Mom whined and I held the urge to roll my eyes.

"Now, he's my son, mi esposa," dad chuckled and mom smacks dad's chest.

"This is serious," mom scowled as she sat upright and stared at me intently. "You better get your ass straight and stop sleeping around, Rafael!" mom's tone is hard and grim. "Raffy, mi esposa," dad corrected her and mom just gave her a deadly scowl. She scowled at me again and continued. "If the paparazzi finds out about your affair with Maye Smith, we are going to face some serious problems here, Raffy," mom said in a deadly serious tone. I don't know how did they found out but knowing my parents, they are very resourceful. Nothing can be hidden within their sniffs.

"They will never know, mom."

Mom's face hardened and so were my dad. "Did Natalia knows about this?" mom asked after a lengthy pause. "I can't believe you're cheating on her. She's the daughter of our dear friend!" Mom lectured. "What are you thinking?" she grits out. "How can we face them after this?" She stood up and massage her temple looking restless. Guilt was nagging me again.

I didn't say anything because I'm guilty. My eyes drifted to the painting of our great, great grandfathers who reigned for a long time, that hanged on the wall to the right.

"Did Natalia learned about this Maye girl?" mom repeated as she sat back beside my father.

I didn't say anything. The dark scowl she was giving me caused me to lose my voice.

"I'm guessing that silence, means yes." Mom sighed in frustrations after a lengthy paused. "Is that's why your caving in your room, drowning yourself with alcohol?" mom's voice is rising each word as she stood up, and paced back and forth in front of us again.

Mom stops, and her one hand massage her temple again. Her other hand on her hips looking so deeply disappointed. "Mom—"

"Is that's how you find a solution to your problems?" she cuts me off and I bit my tongue. "If you love her, then go win her back. Not sulking here and finding solace with your whiskey!" she glared at me. " You're just like your dad!" mom huffed in frustrations.

Dad's eyes snapped in mom's direction with wide eyes. I almost laughed. Mom always attached dad's name whenever she lectured me. And of course, dad would only pout and shrugged his shoulder or shake his head in disbelief.

I know their story. Mom left dad when I was still in her womb. Dad was a man-slut as mom called him, that was before they got married. Dad admitted he was, but when he met mom, he was ready to change for her. He never wanted a woman so desperately until he met mom.

I've never felt that feeling that dad always told me when he met mom. With Natalia, yes, I was happy most of the times we are together, but not the kind that dad told me. Where he felt like he feels intimidated whenever mom is around. He never felt so frightened in his whole life until when she was abducted, and when she left him, he felt like a robot, functioning but no emotions within. He's dead inside to be exact.

I thought it was overrating but I kept that in my head. Dad can be overdramatic sometimes.

Natalia was sweet, sensitive, and very thoughtful and I can't deny the fact that she's every man's dream girl.

A week ago, when I saw how determined she is to break-up with me, that's when I realized that she's totally slipping away and I never realized that until now, she held a part of me.

I felt so shitty as soon as I arrived back here in Russia. I felt empty and all I could imagine was her sweet, smiling face, her eyes twinkled when I tease her. Her nose flaring up when she gets upset, and her cheeks reddened when she gets flustered.

Her soft body underneath me when we make out and I always find myself having a cold shower after that. I respect her when she told me she wanted to give me her virginity on our first night, and hearing about the wedding, I suddenly felt scared.

That's when I seek for someone else bed. I bed any girl that's willing to satisfy my needs but no string attached. A discreet one night stand affairs, but she found out about my dirty secret.

"Natalia doesn't want to do anything with me anymore," I spewed my thoughts before I could analyze it.

Mom stared at me like I've grown two heads. "She broke up with you?" she exclaimed with disbelief.

I suddenly well aware of her temper rising. "They will get back together, believe me, mi esposa," dad said as he leaned against the couch back support looking so confident, both hands spread on top of the back support and he crossed his legs.

Mom was staring at dad now in disbelief.

I was happy that for the first time, dad supported me, or he just wants to console my fuming mother.

As I stared at him, I feel like I was looking at myself when I grow his age. Just a little features of mom that was mixed with his.

Dad still is a head turner. Wherever we go, he always gets attention. The fact that he's tall and he looks imposing in any angle.

Many people say I look a lot like him, but a more improved of him. Dad always just smiled with pride when he hears it.

"Babe, we've been together for long years, and you haven't learned a bit about women." Mom quipped in a furrowed eyebrow as she crossed her hands over her chest.

"You came back to me?" dad said to mom pompously and mom cocked her eyebrow.

"If I wasn't thinking about our son that he needs a father figure, and if it's wasn't the fact that you are holding my son and I couldn't do anything because you have money, I wouldn't have come back to you, so easily. I would want you to gain my affection again. And that, you deserve to crawl and beg, cry a river to win me again, but I'm not selfish. My son needs you and I didn't regretted that." Mom glared at dad, challengingly. "If you guys have the biggest ego than your head, we woman has the biggest pride than our heart!" mom said proudly, puffing her chest a bit upward.

"Listen to your mom, son," dad gave me this look where stop-arguing-with-her-you-will-never-win.

"Go back to Greece and woo her. She's so nice and sweet. I like her for you," mom said in her final tone and then turned on her heel. "If you need to crawl, then do it! You deserve more than that!" mom exclaimed gruffly.

"Where are you going, mi esposa? I thought you miss your son?" Dad suddenly jumps out of the couch and before he reach the door, he turns to looks at me.

"You better think like a respected Duke before you lost everything!" Dad warned me grimly and I nodded at him. I watched him disappeared into the door, hearing him calling my mother.

.

.

"What do you mean, she's not working at the Athens General Hospital anymore?" I scowled at Osvaldo.

"She resigned your grace, sir. She's in New York right now." Osvaldo explained.

"Where in New York?" I asked lowering my tone a notch.

"According to my source your grace, sir, she was recently hired at the New York Royal Hill Hospital,"

I fell in silence. Michael Maximillian Demakis, son of uncle Stavros is practicing at that hospital. I'm sure he helped her in.

"Alright, send someone to watch her discreetly." I waved him off and he tips his head lightly as a respect and left quietly.

"She's mine!" I mumbled to myself as I stared right through the pictures hanging on the wall.

..................................................

A/N: Here you go. I hope you all like it.

Please don't forget to vote and comment! I love to read them all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

440K 10.1K 42
"...many spirituals recognize that when dark one appears he is most beautiful, most wonderful and most engaging. The truth only comes out later..." ...
2.4M 36.5K 54
M A T U R E C O N T E N T - 1 8+ ------------------------- A Mafia Romance • A Slowburn Enemies to Lovers • "Did I tell you how fucking gorgeous yo...
501K 13.5K 37
"Get away from me."I took her soft hands from my chest and pinned them on the wall.I closed the gap between us but our lips didn't meet.She looked in...
454K 17.3K 31
"Now you listen to me and you listen good! I don't give a shit in what you think about me because guess what? I could care less! You mean NOTHING to...