Cody Simpson? My EX Best Frie...

By CodySimpsonsAngel

"If two past lovers can remain friends, it's either they were never really in love or, still are." *Sequel to... More

Cody Simpson? My EX Best Friend: Chapter (2)
Cody Simpson? My EX Best Friend: Chapter (3)
Cody Simpson? My EX Best Friend: Chapter (4)
Cody Simpson? My EX Best Friend: Chapter (5)
Cody Simpson? My EX Best Friend: Chapter (6)
Cody Simpson? My EX Best Friend: Chapter (7)
Cody Simpson? My EX Best Friend: Chapter (8)
Cody Simpson? My EX Best Friend: Chapter (9)
Cody Simpson? My EX Best Friend: Chapter (10)
Cody Simpson? My EX Best Friend: Chapter (11)
Cody Simpson? My EX Best Friend: Chapter (12)
Cody Simpson? My EX Best Friend: Chapter (13)
Cody Simpson? My EX Best Friend: Chapter (14)

45.1K 290 53
By CodySimpsonsAngel

Hai Simpsonizers! Thank you all so much for following Cara, Cody, Alli and Christian threw Don't Cry Your Heart Out. This sequel will be just as funny, romantic and dramatic. Ready, set, go! :)

Okay, don't go yet.

*MUST READ:* IF YOU DID NOT READ DON'T CRY YOUR HEART OUT, THE STORY BEFORE THIS, YOU WILL NOT UNDERSTAND THIS SERIES. PLEASE READ THAT STORY FIRST. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Baby it's not just you,

That's hurting.

It's me too." Cody sang.

I watched from behind as everyone gathered a U in front of Cody, smiling.

I felt weird knowing this song wasn't just going to be Cody's next single. The song had meaning behind it, history between him and I.

"Not just you," He sang softly, his song coming to an end. Like our relationship and friendship.

I looked down uncomfortably and crossed my legs.

Everyone started clapping and I pressed my lips together, trying to smile.

Cody thanked everyone for watching and listening. After he put his guitar under the stool he was sitting on, everyone returned their attention back to the barbeque.

It was a chilly Autumn night and the sky was a light blue.

I wrapped my arms around my navy colored Baseball Jacket from Forever 21. I was wearing a white v neck underneath, skinny jeans and low top white Converses.

I heard leaves crunching and looked in front of me to find Cody.

"What did you think of my perfomance?" He asked with a smug smile.

"Someday you'll go far," I smiled. Before he could respond, I quickly added, "and I hope you stay there."

He raised his eyebrow. "If I told you I had dirt in my eye, would you move?" He smirked.

I squinted my eyes. "You walked up to me, Simpson. Why don't you move?"

Cody and I rarely talked after what happened last month and when we did, we were usually insulting each other. I'd rather throw insults at him then not speak to him at all.

"Make me." He teased, taking a step closer to me.

"If I'd made you, I would have made you smart." I grinned.

Christian got in between us.

"Stop arguing! I remember stepping in between you guys to stop sucking face. What happened?"

"Go ahead, Cody. Tell them everything you know. It'll only take ten seconds." I said defensively.

Cody rolled his eyes.

Alli pulled Christian beside her.

"Christian stop getting in between them." She said, taking a bite out of her shish kabob. "This is too funny!"

"Alli," he began. "You're right."

I raised my eyebrow at him.

"Uh, I-I mean..you're just gonna stand there and watch your best friend and brother fight?" Christian quickly said.

"I'm not Rihanna, I'm not complaining." Alli shrugged. "But you're right, C."

After a long pause, she started sprinting toward her house.

"Where are you going?" Christian yelled.

"To get my camera!" She called back.

Cody and I shook our heads. I peaked at him before turning around and walking toward the smoke.

- - -

"Thank you so much for having us over, Angie. The food was delicious!" My mom thanked, squeezing Naomi and I's shoulder.

"It was our pleasure." Angie put her hand on Cody's shoulder.

Cody shook his head no.

I rolled my eyes.

"Back to kindergarten, kids. Clean up time!" Angie chirped.

Alli gave me pleading eyes.

I sighed. "If it's okay with you, Mrs. Simpson, I was wondering if I could stay and help?"

Angie put her hand on her heart and smiled. "That would be so nice, Angel. An extra hand is always welcomed."

I liked being Cody's Angel better.

Naomi made her way out of my mom's embrace and held up her small fingers.

"Do you have room for twenty?" Naomi asked sweetly.

Angie smiled and put her hand around Naomi's shoulder, leading her inside the kitchen.

I followed Alli into her backyard and picked up a broom.

She turned on the radio her parents brought outside and blasted "Stereo Hearts" by Gym Class Heroes ft. Adam Levigne.

"My heart's a stereo,

It beats for you so listen close.

Hear my thoughts in every note.

Oh, oh!" Alli sang.

"Make me your radio,

And turn me up when you feel low.

This melody was meant for you.

So sing along to my stereo!"

I sweeped some confetti and balloon strings while Alli picked them up. Once the floor was clear, we wiped down the tables and took it apart.

Cody stacked up the chairs and brought them into the shed.

Christian followed Cody inside, carrying pieces of the table.

When Christian and Cody came back, all four of us were going to bring the grill inside.

"Wait, wait!" Alli flailed her arms around.

"What?" Christian asked.

Alli opened the grill and took another stick of shish kabob. She ignored our stares and continued eating.

"Any day now, Alli." Cody sighed.

"Don't rush me when it comes to food." She snapped.

When Alli threw out her stick, I took out a hot dog and put it inside a bun. I poured relish and mustard over it, then took slow bites.

"Are you finished yet?" Cody asked, irritated.

I walked toward him and grinned. I pulled back his shirt and dropped my hot dog down his shirt. "All done."

Cody jumped back and the hot dog slid down, staining his red shirt.

I clapped my hands. "I never liked hot dogs that much." I shrugged.

Cody took out a hamburger pattie and made a smiley face out of ketchup on it.

He walked toward me and I backed up in front of a tree.

"Do you like hamburgers?" He asked, dropping the burger full of ketchup inside my jacket.

I gasped and bent down, throwing a half-eaten piece of baby corn at Cody.

He ducked and it hit Alli.

Cody and I pointed at each other.

Alli opened the grill and threw a piece of rib at Cody.

I giggled and reached for the relish bottle.

"What color does green and red make?" I asked.

Before Cody could respond, I squeezed the bottle all over his shoulder.

"That looks like an ugly brown." I put my hand on Cody's shoulder, pretending to be sympathetic.

He grabbed a ketchup bottle and smirked.

"How about I teach you the colors of the rainbow?" He asked.

"I don't even like skittles!" I cried before running away.

Soon enough, everyone was throwing food at each other. My shirt which was once white was pink, Cody's was brown, Alli's was a yucky yellow, and Christian's was an emerald green.

Someone threw a hot dog bun at me and it slapped me on the cheek.

I looked straight and saw Cody.

"You need Jesus!" I yelled, throwing red whine at him.

It splashed all over his face and he shook his hair.

His t shirt was wet and pressed against his body, giving me a good view of his abs.

"Jesus doesn't want me to drink until I'm 21. Bread is for all ages!"

A loaf of bread hit me on my arm, pulling me down with it.

I looked to my right and saw Naomi and Tom come outside, holding hands.

Naomi tapped her pointer finger on the back of her palm. "Bad."

Tom shook his head dissaprovingly.

All four of us exchanged guilty looks.

Tom reached for a hamburger pattie on the floor and drew a smiley face on it out of mustard.

He gave it to Naomi and she blushed.

"Great minds think alike." Cody shrugged.

"Then Tom is going to grow up to be a jerk face." I said.

"A sexy jerk face." Cody grinned.

I shook my head.

- - -

After we finished cleaning up the extra mess we made and brought the grill inside the shed, I took a shower at the Simpson's house.

Angie called my mom asking if I could stay over and she agreed. My mom brought me pajamas and extra clothes for tomorrow morning then walked Naomi home.

I changed into my pink pajama pants with dark pink polka dots on it. I was wearing a light pink tee from the Forever 21 Breast Cancer Awareness fund.

Two hours later, Alli and I were in her basement playing Just Dance 2.

Cody and Christian skipped downstairs in their pajamas.

While Christian and Alli were dancing to We'll Be Alright, Cody sat on the opposite end of the couch from me.

"You look comfortable." Cody said after an awkward silence.

"I guess."

"Why don't you slip into something more comfortable? Like a coma." He asked sarcastically.

I shook my head and grinned, taking the controller from Alli.

Cody took the controller from Christian and Alli picked the perfect song for us - Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne.

In the dance, we had to pretend fight - which suited us perfectly.

I beat Cody by 362 points. After a few more songs, we all decided we were hungry and wanted to bake brownies.

Cody slipped on the fourth step and held onto the railing for support.

I turned around and smirked. "Why don't you just slip?"

I jogged up the stairs and followed Christian and Alli into the kitchen.

"I want to mix the bowl!" Christian called out.

"I'll add the oil and water." Alli stated.

"I wanna crack the eggs!" Cody and I both called dibs at the same time.

"You know thats my favorite part." I said bitterly.

"Cracking the egg is my favorite part too." Cody shrugged.

I crossed my arms. "Cracking the eggs were your least favorite part, Simpson." I reminded him.

"That was in the past," Cody snickered. "As you can see, a lot of things have changed since then."

His words hurt me more than they should have. I don't like change, I wanted things to be like they always were.

Why couldn't Cody and I stay like we were? Happy.

Psh, I mean, why couldn't Cody have continued his distaste for cracking eggs?

Cody got out a carton of eggs and handed me one. We cracked each one in silence into the bowl.

When Alli finished putting the ingredients inside the bowl, Christian started mixing it.

I dabbed my finger inside the bowl and tapped Cody's shoulder.

"What?" He asked, turning around.

I tapped my finger on his nose and giggled.

"Oh, you're gonna regret doing that." Cody smirked.

I put my hand on my hip. "Life has no regrets."

I spoke too soon, because soon enough I was wearing a facial mask out of chocolate.

"Eat this!"

We were all running around the kitchen, throwing chocolate at each other.

"This is a disaster!" Christian yelled. We all looked at him and then down at the half empty bowl of chocolate.

"You're right, Christian." I said sympathetically. "Cody owes you an apology."

Cody chuckled and pat Christian's back. "Sorry, man?"

Christian squinted his eyebrows at him in return and continued mixing.

When we all calmed down, Cody pointed to my upper lip. "You have a little--"

"Thank you, Captain Obvious."

"Your welcome, Sargent Sarcasm."

- - -

When the brownies were done, we each got two slices. Alli and I poured everyone a glass of milk and headed downstairs to the basement.

I wrapped a blanket around myself and snuggled into the corner of the couch. Alli was lying on the floor and Christian was in front of me on the couch, a pillow up to his chest.

Cody was on the other side of the couch, watching the movie intently.

When I wasn't giving my full attention to the movie, eating or drinking milk, I'd take quick glances at Cody. From the corner of my eye, sometimes I could see him staring at me.

During a scary scene, I shuffled toward Cody.

He gave me a confused expression and I smiled softly.

"It's really cold down here." I whispered.

Cody nodded, rubbing his elbows.

"Definitely."

"This blanket is really warm." I smiled.

Cody gave me a thumbs up. "It looks comfy."

"Yep."

After an awkward silence, I quickly added, "You look cold."

"The complete opposite of your blanket."

"Right." When the conversation was going nowhere Cody asked, "Is there room for two in there?"

"I bet you'd like to find out." I said, scooting closer toward him.

He nodded. "Yeah."

"That sucks." I grinned, shuffling toward the end of the couch again.

- - -

"I'm gonna have nightmares!" I declared, strutting inside Alli's bedroom.

"There's always Cody's room." Alli mumbled, stepping inside her sleeping bag.

Alli and I decided a long time ago that when we were going to have sleepovers, we'd always use sleeping bags.

I got comfortable in mine and faced her.

"I give you guys a week." Alli smirked.

"Give me and Cody a week for what?" I asked sleepily.

"Until you're my sister-in-law again." Alli mumbled, closing her eyes.

Being Alli's "sister-in-law" didn't sound bad. Actually, it sounded nice. I was heartbroken without Cody, even though it didn't seem like it. It was my fault we broke up, I should have minded my own business and stayed out of a problem that wasn't my own. I later found out that the reason why Cody was getting so upset at his dad is because him and his mom were having a divorce. If I were in Cody's situation, I'd be angry and sad too.

I wanted to be there for Cody, especially now. I wanted him to know that even if we weren't still in a relationship, or even had a friendship for that matter, he could always talk to me.

And a part of me wanted to be what we were before - inlove, carefree and together.

But how could I do that when I was still mad at him?

I hate that I love him.

I can't stand how much I need him.

I knew I wasn't the only girl in the world going threw this. Afterall, Rihanna did write a song about this.

"Wake me up when September ends." I murmured.

Alli was already snoring.

If it was for her, she'd probably wake me up in the middle of December.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

*PLEASE READ:* I know this chapter wasn't as funny as interesting as it will be, but I needed you guys to know where I was starting this story from. Basically; it's going to be a hate/love story. But y'know me, I like love a lot more! ;)

Comment, Vote, Fan and make me happy! Ok, fine. Do it for Naomi and Tom? D:

Thank you for reading. I love y'all (:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

346K 3.7K 20
I lay back in his arms, and slowly started to drift off into a calm sleep. I was starting to fall for Cody, that was for sure. But how do you love so...
19.1K 457 22
They agreed on a summer fling, but can they really let each other go?
90.1K 2.3K 74
in which Paisley Jane Smith develops feelings for her new friend, Tyler Posey. [SPIN-OFF TO 'UNCONDITIONALLY']
18.1K 281 19
When my childhood best friend left the country to start a singing career, he left a piece of my heart behind. The truth is, he wasn't just my best fr...