Cody Simpson? My EX Best Friend: Chapter (9)

PLEASE READ: Hullo! :-) I wrote this chapter on my iTouch while I was sick, so please excuse any grammar mistakes.

Also, some content in this chapter is 10 years of age and up. I don't care if you're 8 years old and reading this story, this is just a warning! :-)

ENJOY
*~*~*~*~*

"Take one more step toward me and your flat iron goes down the toilet," I warned Alli.

She looked from her flat iron to me and repeated this process several times, mentally deciding whether she should take my warning or not.

Alli sighed and placed her makeup bag on the bathroom counter. I gave her a smug smile before rolling the wire around her flat iron and settling it beside her makeup bag.

When her flat iron was safely on her counter, she grabbed her makeup bag and lead me toward her bedroom.

Alli locked the door and turned around to face me with a satisfied grin on her face.

I backed away from her while shaking my head slowly. Alli backed me up into a corner of her room and I fell onto her bed.

Her legs were on either side of my face and she pinned me down.

"You have a choice of either A, letting me apply makeup on your skin for your date this evening with Cody or B, try and struggle while I apply makeup on your face and make you look like you overdosed on Skittles." Alli nonchalantly said.

I took in a deep breath and chose Choice A.

Several minutes later, I was staring at my reflection in the mirror with a genuine smile.

Alli applied mascara on my eyelashes, a coral colored light blush on my cheeks, turquoise eyeshadow and concealer to cover my pimple I recently got because of my excitement this week.

My hair was curled with an iron and pulled back into a neat bun. Curled bangs on either side of my face hung low.

I was wearing a brown colored blouse, light washed and ripped skinny jeans with turquoise leggings beneath it, brown riding boots and turquoise colored leg warmers.

A long necklace which was shaped like a wooden heart from Forever 21 was around my neck, along with bracelets and wristbands.

I began posing and modeling into the mirror when my phone began vibrating.

I unlocked my iPhone and checked my received messages.

Cody: be outside in five minutes, beautiful :-)

I smiled at his text message and turned to Alli.

"Thank you." I said, embracing her in a hug.

Alli pulled apart from our hug and sheepishly grinned. "Thank you for making my brother happy."

I opened the doorknob and was about to leave when I remembered something.

Smirking, I went into Alli's bathroom and dropped her flat iron inside the toilet. Alli's mouth gaped in shock.

"Can't say I didn't warn ya!" I stuck out my tongue.

Before she could physically hurt me, I made my way out of her bedroom and outside.
- - -

I saw Cody leaning against the limo's window with a box of chocolate in his left hand.

He looked up and his eyes met mine. "You look gorgeous." He said, leaning in and kissing my forehead.

I blushed and pulled away slowly. "I'm glad one of us does."

Cody grinned sarcastically. "No worries, love. You look just as beautiful."

I gasped and playfully hit him on the shoulder. He opened the limo door for me and I was greeted with a breeze of cool air inside.

Cody sat down beside me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I instinctively rested my head on his shoulder and brought my feet up onto the leather seat.

Cody reached under the seat and pulled out a thick blanket. He wrapped it around our bodies.

After several minutes, I heard munching and looked up to find Cody eating a chocolate.

I opened my mouth wide and instead of him popping a chocolate into my mouth, he leant down and kissed me softly.

After we broke apart, I pretended to pout. "I would have preferred a chocolate."

Cody and I laughed as I reached for the remote controller and turned on the radio.

The song "Birthday S*x" by Jeremiah was playing and I awkwardly changed the station.

"That would be the best present you could ever give me." Cody sarcastically said.

I nudged his elbow. He chuckled and kissed my forehead. "I'm just kidding, baby."

Cody quickly added, "but if you presented yourself naked to me I woul--"

"Cody Robert Simpson." I warned him.

The song "I Wouldn't Mind" by He is We began playing. I made myself comfier beside Cody and looked up at him.

"Forever is a long time, but I wouldn't mind spending it by your side."
- - -

"Two rental skates sizes eleven in men and seven in woman, please." Cody asked an upfront worker.

He nodded and walked into the back to get our ice-skates.

Cody and I were in line at New York. We were waiting for our ice-skates so that we could go ice-skating in the center of Central Park.

The man returned and gave us our ice-skates. After Cody and I finished lacing them up, he took my hand in his and lead me toward the ice.

"Have you ever ice-skated before?" Cody asked, stepping onto the ice.

I cautiously took a step toward him and onto the ice. "No, I--" before I could finish my sentence, I tripped and fell into Cody's arms.

He looked down at me and had an amused smile on his face. "You should fall more often."

I stood up with Cody's help and bent my knees. I glided in front of Cody and turned around to face him.

"Catch me if you can!" I yelled over my shoulder.

In a matter of seconds, Cody's arms were around my waist and I was being pulled closer toward him.

I stuck out my tongue. "You're no fun."

Cody shook his head and smiled, interlocking our fingers together. We slowly began skating around the large circle, behind and infront of couples.

The large clock read 3:30 P.M.

After half an hour of skating, a D.J. who was playing music called all the couples onto the rink and told everyone else to stand behind the rink.

"We are going to start off our annual Couple's Game with some new music!" The D.J. piped.

Cody's song, "Crazy But True" began blaring threwout the whole crowd.

Some people began singing along, some people nodded their head to the catchy tune and some couples began free style dancing around the ice to Cody's song.

Cody and I looked around to make sure no one who was participating in the contest was younger than us.

"We're the only teenagers here." I pointed out, crossing my arms.

Cody nodded in agreement and pointed at random skaters. "Look, there's Aunt Debby and Grandma Hannah." Cody sarcastically said.

I grinned at his joke and pulled him toward the D.J. Booth. After going over a few rules, D.J. Pauly explained the first challenge.

"Most of you guys may be familiar with this game, but the first challenge is the watermelon challenge. Gentlemen, help your lady get the miniature watermelon over her legs and hips and onto her shoulders."

Some men whistled while other woman clapped their hands in excitement.

Of course, my boyfriend was one of the boys who were whistling.

"Cody, I don't think this contest is very appropriate for us." I mumbled.

Cody shook his head in disagreement. "It's totally appro--"

I pinched his nose and pulled him into the bleachers.
- - -

After ice-skating, Cody picked out a nice area in Central Park for us to eat lunch.

We were on top of a twenty four inch rock and enjoying the view of Central Park in front of us. Beneath us, Cody lay a red and white checkered picnic basket.

He pulled out two home made sandwiches and I munched on mine hungrily.

"If Nutella were a person and not a spreading, I would break up with you and go out with it." I jokingly said.

Cody took another bite of his sandwich. "If Nutella were a person and not a spreading, I would totally understand your decision." He said.

We both started laughing simutaciously and finished our sandwiches.

Cody pulled out two mugs and carefully gave me mine. After I took it in both of my hands, he reached for a vase inside the basket with a single flower in it.

The flower was a rare aqua and purple color. He delicately placed the flower in my hair and smiled.

"You look beautiful." He admired, pulling a strand of hair behind my ear.

I blushed and took a sip of my hot chocolate with marshmallows.

"You are amazing." I said. "Thank you for everything, Cody. Today has been an unforgettable day."

Cody smiled. "Tonight will be just as great."

I raised my eyebrow in confusion. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"What I mean is that I rented a Cottage for us tonight in Upstate, New York." Cody explained.

I smiled. "I like the sound of that."

"You'll like the sound of us tonight." Cody said, winking.

I glared at him. He put his hands infront of his head defensively. "The sound of us laughing and watching a movie in bed."

"Good save." I said.

He shook his head. "I wasn't trying to be negative. It takes two minds to be dirty." Cody smirked.

I rolled my eyes and took another sip.

"Whatever you sa--SIMPSON!" I screamed Cody's last name because my hot chocolate spilled over my lap.

"Practicing for tonight?" Cody asked, winking.
- - -
"Petal with your left foot, Simpson." I yelled.

"My left or your left?" Cody asked from behind his shoulder.

Cody and I rented a bike to our cottage in Upstate, New York. The area was friendly and wide spaced.

The bike came to a sudden jolt and my face was squished behind Cody's back.

"Sorry, love." He apologized.

"I hate you." My voice was muffled so it sounded like I said 'I-pet-boo."

Cody got out of the bike and carefully helped me off of it.

"Why did we stop?" I asked him, curiously looking around.

Cody smiled. "Because we've arrived."

I furrowed my eyebrows together. Cody took my hand in his and led me toward a narrow direction.

In front of us was a meadow and forest.

When Cody and I arrived inside the forest, the light was dimmed and I held his hand tighter.

"This doesn't seem safe." I mumbled.

Cody brought our locked hands up into his chest. "I'll protect you, no matter what."

I giggled. "Yale and Potter are in walking distance from us, aren't they?"

Cody hung his head low and nodded. "I guess I'll just have to save these puppies for later."

Cody flexed his arms, referring to his muscles.

I shook my head and looked up into the clear, blue sky. Cody and I arrived at a meadow which had two lakes running along either side of it.

"This is beautiful, Cody." I said, turning sideways to look at him.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me toward him.

"I know you are." He replies, smiling against my skin.

Our foreheads were leant together and I moved my mouth toward his. My lips were several inches away from his when I pulled back.

"You want these lips?" I asked teasingly.

Cody nodded.

"Come and get them!"

I sprinted through the meadow and looked behind me to find Cody several feet away.

From where I was running, the cottage was close enough so I decided to tumble down the meadow and into the lake.

Once my face splashed against the cool water, I decided it wasn't a good idea being that we were in the middle of October.

I heard faint foot steps and saw Cody standing toward the edge of the lake.

I forced myself to stop shivering and shot him a thumb up. "C-c-come on in. The wa-ter's fine."

Cody shook his head and stepped inside the icy water. I stood up and began running away from him in the clear lake.

After a few minutes, I stopped trying to run in one inch heels and took in a breath of air.

Cody was waist deep inside the shallow water and wrapped his body around my legs.

"Why are you trying to outrun a swimmer?" He asked.

I shrugged. "I forgot."

"But I didn't forget about this." Cody stood up and kissed me passionately. It turned into a total make out session and I sadly pulled away, taking in a deep breath of air.

Cody chuckled. I pursed my lips and crossed my arms.

"I don't know how to hold my breath for so long." I told him.

Cody smirked. "That is one of the advantages of being a singer."

I stuck out my tongue at him. We held hands and began walking toward the cottage while admiring our magnificent view.

"How are you feeling?" I randomly asked Cody.

There was a silent pause and Cody took a moment to response. He knew what I was referring to.

"The divorce upset me at first but I realized that me being angry about it wouldn't solve anything. Our whole family was forced to go to Therapy which helped. I talk to my dad everyday and wouldn't change a thing abou it." He responded truthfully.

I nodded and rubbed his arm comfortingly. "I'm happy their divorce is not affecting you."

We sat down on a small hill above the lake and continued talking.

"What's on your mind right now?" He asked me.

I bit my lower lip and grinned. "You are on my mind."

After I said that first sentence, I broke out into singing Cody's single "On My Mind."

He began laughing. "Although I hate to admit if, I don't think you're going to need my help with learning how to hold your breath. You're an amazing singer." He said.

I looked him up and down. "You're joking, right?"

He bit his lower lip and nodded. "Yeah. I think you're going to need some help."

I scoffed and pretended to be offended. "You hurt my feelings Cody. Now, you're going to pay." I said evilly.

I tackled him and we both safely rolled down the hill and into the shallow lake.

"Now you're all wet!" I yelled, rising above the surface.

Cody chuckled. "Aren't I supposed to be the one making you wet?"

"Cody Robert Simpson!"

Cody innocently smiled at me and carried me bridal style into the Cottage.

Outside of the cottage, Yale and Potter were playing cards.

"It's nice to see you again, Cara. You look--nice." Potter said politely.

"And wet. Score for Cody!" Yale added. Potter smacked him upside the head while Cody and I shook our heads, walking into the cottage.

When we arrived inside, Cody carefully dropped me onto my feet.

The cottage was large with a fireplace, marshmallows, gram crackers and chocolate already set in the lounging area. There were large stair cases which lead to the second floor. The cieling was slanted which gave a nice effect to the bed.

Cody and I took off our shoes and wet socks.

"Babe, did I ever tell you that I was going green?" Cody asked.

I shook my head 'no,' causing him to smirk.

"You and I could take a shower together and waste less energy."

I rolled my eyes and made my way toward the bathroom. "Nice one, Simpson."

"C'mon, think of the children in Africa!" Cody called out behind me.
- - -
An hour later, I walked into the bedroom wearing Cody Simpson pajamas.

"I should see you wearing me more often." Cody said, patting the spot on his bed beside him.

I scoffed. "You probably only like these pajamas because your face is over my butt."

Cody nodded. "Hey, if I can't touch it, at least my picture can!" He said truthfully.

I giggled and cuddled beside him, turning off the night lamp.

"Thank you for everything, Cody." I said, kissing his forehead.

He responded by moving his head lower so our lips connected.

"You're welcome, Angel."

I smiled and nuzzled my head into his chest.

"Before you go to sleep, can I ask you something?" Cody whispered.

I nodded. "Sure." I murmured.

"I think they spelt my last name wrong on your pajama pants, cab you take them off so I can check, please?" He asked.

I shook my head 'no' and giggled.

"Goodnight, S-I-M-P-S-O-N."

*~*~*~*~*
Awe, whadda cute chappie :] Show me how much you LURVED it (if ya did) by voting, commenting and adding this story to your Library!

Thank y'all for reading! HCHC,
Hugs and Cody :-)